TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
506 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (292)fit for foodies (252)special occasion (237)good for groups (221)romantic (173)neighborhood gem (163)great for outdoor dining (161)vibrant bar scene (152)notable wine list (130)scenic view (126)late-night find (101)great for brunch (57)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Service less than par! Overrated!DisappointedCustomerDined on 9/6/2014Had been here once before 2 yrs ago, & experience was nice. Idk if it's new management or because I had a group of 9, or what, but the service SUCKED! Hostess was NOT friendly (not to mention I was there celebrating my bday) & I probably won't be back!Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The customer service was terrible. Forty minute wait with reservation. The waitress was not attentive. Manager very sarcastic and rude.Special Features:
- Not our favorite experience.KTinATLDined on 9/6/2014We have been to TUL several times, and have really enjoyed it, but this past visit was sub-par. We had a reservation for 8pm, but they wouldn't seat, even though over half our party was present. The stragglers arrived at 8:15, but we didn't get seated until 9 - a full hour after our reservation time! At 8:45 I asked the hostess how much longer she thought it would be, and she told me that she couldn't say, because diners were staying much longer than usual (it was the same night as the Lantern Parade). As we were dining, it became apparent that the problem was the service, not the patrons - it was SLOW. We received better service on Valentine's Day than this night. Our meal took two hours, but we each only had the chance to order one drink!Special Features:
- Unhappy experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I was disappointed during this visit to Two Urban Licks. I normally come to TWO URBAN LICKS to have a birthday celebration dinner with family & friends. I made prior reservation for Saturday Sept 6th @ 8pm to celebrate my birthday. One of the hostesses was extremely rude when I inquired on checking in. I understand that the restaurant was packed but there is no reason for the hostess to be rude. She bluntly recited my cell number loud enough for everyone around to know my personal information. I was motified that she would reveal that information with strangers standing around. Two of my guests whose this was my first time at the restaurant was disappointed. The positive side to the evening was Esther, the hostess and also our serverSpecial Features:
- The worst experience everAtlantanativeDined on 9/6/2014I have been dining in Atlanta all of my life and have dined many times at TWO Urban Licks. This was absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant in Atlanta. We were lied to, ignored, treated as if we were not welcome and discriminated against. (I am not black or a minority.) I will NEVER step foot in this restaurant again. AND, I will be SURE to tell everyone I know how horribly we were treated and campaign for others to not support such a terribly run restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Reservations for 7:30 didn't get seated until 8:10. Had to fight our way to the bar for drinks and flag down a bartender to be served.Special Features:
- ChasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My husband ate here many years ago & raved about it- I finally got to go on Saturday night & it did not dissapoint!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- morgan99Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service awesome. Seating arrangement is to crowded and not comfortable. Give people room to enjoy their meal. Only go there on a special occasion but next time will request a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Urban LickstprestwoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the Salmon Chips and Tuna Poke for appetizers; the salmon for dinner and the chocolate cake for dessert. It was all delicious and not your average spin on any of the items. My only complaint is the seating. We sat in the bench seats along the wall - the benches were not easy to sit on and by the end of the meal uncomfortable. It was a great backdrop for the Lantern Parade.Special Features:
- Rushed!!!nycbroad333Dined on 9/6/2014The food and ambience was great. However our meal was IMMENSELY rushed....so much so that despite how good the food was, we would prob go elsewhere. Its to pricey to be rushed thru the meal so quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Two Urban Licks gave me more than what I expected. The pictures online did not do it any justice. You have to be there to really appreciate it. The staff was wonderful and the food was amazing. I can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoKittykatDined on 9/5/2014We have been to two urban before and had a great experience. The dining area is beautiful and so is the view of midtown. Food is phenomenal. We were disappointed by poor service this latest trip and the fact that they discontinued a steak dish we had previously enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Hot SpotYummyVIPDined on 9/5/2014A trendy spot to eat some fun food and enjoy a wide variety of wines by the glass. Try the mussels. Cooked to perfection with a sumptuous wine broth and a hint of orange. Main dishes are all good and satisfy the tummy. For dessert the pumpkin cheesecake is the winner in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Had an awesome waiter named Will who really made our dinner enjoyable! He had great recommendations and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem on the Beltline...frenchyfloDined on 9/4/2014As a new homeowner in the PCM neighborhood, I was delighted to discover this unique place, right on the beltline, not only with an amazing decor and ambiance but a taste of the past of this building where firefighter used to work. The food is delicious without being fancy and it is definitely the place to discover, whether you are with a romantic partner or a group of friends, or even co-workers! LOVED it!Special Features:
- Good as Usualfleetfoot15Dined on 8/31/2014The apps, entrees, and dessert were fantastic as always, but the service was a bit sub-par this time. Wait staff and valet were good, but the bartenders were inattentive and not particularly friendly. Also, we waited 20 minutes past our reservation time for a table.Special Features:
- Blown AwayatldawgDined on 8/31/2014In my two years in Atlanta, this was easily one of my best meals. I'd eaten here once before, but my girlfriend had not. The service was top-notch and the vibrancy of the atmosphere was conducive for a great time. Both courses that we enjoyed came out quickly and made to absolute perfection. We seriously could not have asked for any more. The generous portions of perfectly cooked entrees really set this place apart from other restaurants that we've dined at of its tier. The cocktails were delicious, and the watermelon salad appetizer was exactly the primer we needed and came just as our waitress had described it. I can't wait to come back to Two Urban Licks!Special Features:
- Yum!CNB1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Our first visit to TWO and we will definitely go back! Delicious rib appetizers with Carolina BBQ sauce! I had Branzino and my partner had pork shanks. Both were to die for. Only complaint is the service was slow. We don't fault the server--she was fabulous and obviously working as efficiently as she could; we think it is likely they were understaffed. Since we were in no hurry, not a huge problem, just noticeable and only bothersome when I didn't get my after dinner drink at the same time my partner got his dessert. When he was almost finished, I was told they were out of what I ordered and offered options. By that time, it was late and we were ready to head out, so I declined. Still, I love this restaurant and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great,service disorganizedDianeDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our evening despite the very disorganized service. From the appetizers to dessert, nothing was correct. For the price I would expect more professional, timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightDined on 8/30/2014The seating arrangements are not ideal for dates. They are too close together no privacy to converse. Also the salmon chips were good but I would recommend the empanada as a signature appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatwillVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm always impress with two urban licks. I can still remember the first time I are there. Was just visiting Atlanta then, now 8 years later, they have not missed a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleFrancy304Dined on 8/29/2014Unbelievable food. Incredible atmosphere. An Atlanta must when I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!UnicorndR4realDined on 8/29/2014Can't say one bad thing about this hidden gem. Went here for our tenth ann. Romantic enough without wearing a suit and tie like those other spinning resturaunts. This place is magical, this is where unicorns are born! Food was absolutely amazing! Drinks where perfect! But honestly the best part was the service, our server DEWAYNE knew everything about everything very knowledgable, and really took are of us, without being that butler style waiter, from the valet parking, to the jazz band to the ambiance, definitely the coolest place in ATL, I would highly recommend this to couples, or groups great spot. Pemento cheese hush puppies are out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations RecommendedMustangDined on 8/29/2014Been several times did not disappoint. Call ahead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish the service was betterBirthdaygirlfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Our food was outstanding, it took a very long time for our wine to get to the table. It was hot after it got there. It also took a long time to get any service from the wait staff. 🍴Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place with Good FoodluvfoodDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant has a cool atmosphere and decor. Industrial design inside. Food was good although a bit pricey. Everything is a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hip sceneatlfoodieDined on 8/28/2014The service was great the food was good. atmosphere was nice... Loved the infused house drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant and serviceKathyDined on 8/28/2014We have had great experiences here. Been there with family, wife, boss - all great experiences. The food is well thought out and captures some terrific taste combinations. Ally is a great server, very knowledgeable about the food combinations and wine pairings. We've asked for her on all visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the muralcreativenicknameDined on 8/26/2014Service was impeccable, ambiance was excellent, but the food we had .. had one caveat. We got the brisket (excellent!!!) and the more expensive flat iron steak, and I am not sure what happened to that steak (or if it was meant to be this way) but it was totally bland. My wife ordered it and surprised she doubted herself and asked me to taste it and indeed it was bland. That was disappointing since this was a surprise for my birthday, but outside of that, the service was incredible - very prompt, well explained choices, great background and even some insight into that beautiful majestic mural of the lady looking intensely at wildlife.Special Features:
- Special occassion with friendsMCJopentblDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated a 50th birthday on a Monday evening and 5 of our 6 had never dined here before. The place was hopping even on a Monday evening. It was a little noisy, but that could be considered apart of the atmosphere. Everyone loved the atmosphere, decor, food and service. Will recommend to everyone!! We are also looking forward to returning when the patio doors are open!! We weren't aware they served a special brunch on Sundays. So we will be trying that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantKennesawDudeDined on 8/24/2014No complaints I've been about 5 times and its always good! Menu is very limited so always check what's on it before visiting with a finicky eater. Don't be afraid to try something new, the chefs know what they are doing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!tamorrowDined on 8/23/2014I had recently watched a show highlighting various restaurants along the belt line. My boyfriend and I have taken it upon outselves to eat at each restaurant featured. Two Urban Licks was first on our list. Jon, who use to be an executive chef, pulled the menu up online and became very excited at the variety of foods offered. We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food. From the salmon chips, to the duck, and the chocolate mousse cake, everything blew our minds and palates. I would recommend anyone in the area to check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and the serviceTcairlDined on 8/23/2014The food here is excellent and the service is always friendly and top-notch. This is still my favorite place to eat in Atlanta. I need to come back when it's not so warm, the late afternoon sun can make it quite warm if you're dressed up, but I know that patio is nice and comfy when cooler weather gets here in September and October!Special Features:
- LovedWineandDineDined on 8/23/2014Every time we have friends that come into Atlanta we always take our guests there for dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just don't get the appealBobby86Dined on 8/23/2014The food was unremarkable and the restaurant was so LOUD that I could not hear my friends across the table. I just don't get what the appeal of this reastaurant. Saturday night was my first time back at this restaurant in about 5 years for a friends birthday dinner, and I just don't see myself going back again by choice. It was not an awful dining experience, but at the price point there are better restaurants in the city -and where I can have a conversation with other memebers of my dining party without having to shout across the table. And please update the Noise Level rating Box- there is not a choice for TOO LOUD.
- Never disappoints!ATLFoodieCoupleDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I dine at TWO about once a month. It is consistently delicious!! The weekends can become very crowded. During our last visit, we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated despite having a reservation (which had never happened in the past). As far as food goes, the salmon chips are a MUST! For dinner, the scallops are always delicious and the brisket is to die for! Overall, this is a great date night with a nice, fun atmosphere and beautiful views of the city skyline. If you like quiet intimate places, it is not for you. For me, TWO is at the top of my list for favorite Atlanta eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedshyattDined on 8/22/2014Food average and not worth price. They fill you up with drinks so when the small food portion comes it would seem like you are already fullSpecial Features:
- mayfieldVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everyone raves about this place and I have no idea why. The place is extremely too loud - had to tell across the table to hear each other and hear the waitress. The menu is very limited and food is so-so . Drink menu really not that great and to top it off, did not have any sweet water 420. Definitely not the best place for date night.
- Nosiest food Circus in TownvinetboeufVIPDined on 8/22/2014Let me start by saying that the food here was actually really good - well prepared, flavorful. At night, the place looks really cool as well, but that is about all the positives that I can give for this massive restaurant (must seat 500 or more) that seems more like a circus then a serious place to eat. The noise level was unbelievable - couldn't hear a word from the people sitting across the table form me, and their wine list is just a horrible mess - I mean a seriously, horrible, incomprehensible mess. If you want a show and a loud, crowded atmosphere, this place may be for you. If you want to talk to the people you are dining with over a good bottle of wine, go somewhere else!Special Features:
- Two LicksjadeatlantaDined on 8/22/2014Great food, service was adequate. Noisy but we could still hear each other. Valet service was great and speedy, impressive considering the large crowdlSpecial Features: