TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (286)fit for foodies (271)special occasion (263)good for groups (236)neighborhood gem (186)romantic (179)great for outdoor dining (170)vibrant bar scene (161)scenic view (136)notable wine list (131)late-night find (111)great for brunch (80)great for lunch (35)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Great AmbienceBrownyluverDined on 8/9/2014I can say I've been, but I wasn't impressed. The ambience was the best thing about Two Urban Licks. I had the smoked lemon herb chicken with mac & cheese. The chicken was ok, a little bland. The mac & cheese was good. Drinks were over priced. Service was decent. I probably won't be returning too soon.Special Features:
- Awesome experience!cutipieDined on 8/8/2014We loved the experience at the restaurant! Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysHaveFoodyWillTravelDined on 8/8/2014This place never disappoints! Great service, great environment, and great food. We live two hours away, but dinner here at least once every trip is a must.....sometimes twice. We've been with groups and special occasions, but our favorite is a dinner for two at the chefs table/counter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SosteviedeeDined on 8/7/2014We've been to 2 Urban Licks a couple of times before and the food was very good, but it was pretty bland this time. The noise level was always a drawback if you're interested in talking to your companion, but the food compensated for that. Not this last time tho'.
- First time experienceeatyourheartoutDined on 8/7/2014Great first time experience. Was expecting a little more flavor and pizzazz to the food, but it was an overall great experience. I will definitely return and recommend to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the brisketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Keep your best dishes on the menu. Was very upset that you guys changed your menu.Special Features:
- 2 urban licksAnderson84Dined on 8/6/2014A wood burning smoke smell us very strong inside. Tends to burn your eyes and make your clothes and hair smell. Portions are decent but nothing hugeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughKSfromNJDined on 8/3/2014Tucked away in a "warehouse" type of building... you'd never find this restaurant just driving by- I was referred by a friend of mine when I was traveling to Atlanta & WOW... just WOW. First impression- The brick oven smokey smell- that's NOT over powering, the dim lights the incredible art on the walls & low music made for outstanding ambiance. (wish my husband was with me- I was here on business!) Our server was extremely knowledgeable of the menu, helpful with suggestions and very friendly! (not too much that we wouldn't leave, though:)) Excellent food was the clincher... folks, Atlanta has a winner! Check it out when in the ATL area... you definitely don't want to miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We were very disappointed in our server. She was very disengaged, short & rude. She brought us water, returned to take our order never asking if we wanted a different drink. Once our food arrived she didn't check on us until we called her over. Once she took our ticket & ran the card & printed the receipt she stood over there talking to her co-workers another 10minutes before bringing the receipt. Horrible waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Get Salmon Chips or macaroni and cheese !! The sides were the best of the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!ChiChiDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed ambience and food. Service was awesome. Great job Dwayne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great kept secretluv2urbanlicksDined on 8/2/2014two Urban Licks is one of Atlanta's best kept secrets, not on a busy street but off in the cut! The food was absolutely amazing and ambiance was beautifully architecturally and even the staff was very polite..would give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The food and atmosphere was amazing!!! The service was also amazing, everyone was friendly. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014This place bar far is a must on every visit to Atlanta. Great people, great staff. Oh and the food is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They never disappoint me.Special Features:
- FantasticSPB1Dined on 8/1/2014We went with a couple who had never been and they really really enjoyed the dinner and entertainment. They said they would make it a place always to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining-The Best/NOT THE HOSTESSEileenVIPDined on 8/1/2014We arrived on time for our reservation. One person was meeting us there. I checked in and the hostess gestured and told us to wait, "over there" until our party was complete. THE RESTAURANT WAS VIRTUALLY EMPTY as was the table they finally sat us at. What is the deal? (I may have had another cocktail). However, our service team more than made up for the basic rudeness and had the BEST dinner! Those salmon chips...OMG..was so happy they were still on the menu! We tried the watermelon salad special-delish! The cheese grits and flat iron steak that I had were just outstanding...I could go through every dish but there are not enough characters remaining!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodgemini21VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our fourth time at this restaurant. It is always an experience. A good one I mean. The service is excellent. I have gone gluten free and someone from the staff actually came and sat down at my table to go over the menu with me to make sure that I was able to select a meal appropriate for my needs. I had the salmon with mushrooms and bok choy without the sauce. My husband had the trout. Everything was wonderful. The restaurant is a bit loud. We intend to sit outside next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased Customer!!!LBoogieDined on 7/31/2014I truly enjoy the great fine dining, staff and environment!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerBrendanDined on 7/30/2014Two Urban Licks is one of my favorite places in the city. Everything I have tried on the menu is simple, clean, plentiful and delicious and the experience is always excellent. I always feel like I get my money's worth here. The only slight complaint I have for this visit was that I wasn't a huge fan of the summer cocktail list that they had, but I realize that it's tough to please everyone! Overall a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, trendy restaurantejmetzDined on 7/30/2014TWO urban licks is an amazing restaurant with excellent food, awesome ambiance, and great service. We had our Christmas party there last year, and I wanted to try it on my own so I could experience the normal menu and experience there. I was very impressed. Service was amazing, starting with the valet parking and through the entire meal. The food was, as I would expect at these prices, excellent and certainly worth it. The environment is exciting, urban, trendy, comfortable, and overall cool. I wish I lived in Midtown so I could come here more often! (But that might just break the bank...)Special Features:
- Wow. DownhillWendyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Nice people. Terrible drinks. Poorly run. So many better places on town.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014I have dined here many times, but this time was bleh. My peas weren't cooked well. Flies buzzing around. My glass for my beer wasn't chilled. And the valet copped an attitude concerning his tip. Unfortunately I had a newbie with me who did not get a good impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014I have visited the restaurant many times before and enjoy the experience with the dynamic menu. However, this experience was not so good. Our server was slow forgetful and not very attentive. I had to instruct him on everything and casually made jokes about the slow service to him. He did not catch the hint. I hope he was just one server vs. the new experience at 2 Urban Licks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Williams5starrdinerDined on 7/27/2014Great food.Great music. Loved the decor. Need to add more brunch options for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice if overpricedHuntingForGoodOutingDined on 7/26/2014Saturday night crowd was very energetic. Nice vibe, great ambience. Very nice for special occasions or group get-together. Food was okay but way too expensive in my opinion. Lots of options for wines. Cocktails had little or no liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservationalysonDined on 7/26/2014Don't even bother making a reservation, our entire party was there at 928 for our 930 reservation and did not get seated until 1009. The hostess never informed me that they would text me when our table was ready. She seemed more bother than me. We were there for dinner before we started the bachelorette party. The group was small 4 ppl. Once we got seated it was very warm and we never got our bread. Service was slow and we had two servers assigned to our table. We are a group of professionals ranging from an RN to a prosecutor. The food was great but the service was very disappointing. Lesson learned, I won't be back.Special Features:
- When a reservation means nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014So you can't get a reservation until 9PM and you take it, then you get there and you wait in a cramped hallway in everyone's way and are not seated until 9:25...irritating. The wait staff was great, and altho the host was incredibly nice, poor guy (bad position to be in), the low service score is due to their inability to seat you within 15 minutes max of your reservation. In Europe if you wait they come by with drinks or appetizers while you're waiting at least. There's just something wrong with it, felt like I was at the doctor's office and you know what, I don't keep those doctor's very long either.
- GirlsnightoutDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and service. The only downer was the room was hot and the exhaust from the kitchen burned my eyes. The food came out quickly and the waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink & be merry!HungrylikeawolfDined on 7/26/2014That's exactly what you and your party will be doing at Two Urban Licks! Our server Shawna was very attentive. One member of our party has a gluten sensitivity and Shawna was able to help him out by giving him a menu in which she checked off all of the items that he could have which helped move the ordering process along tremendously! After ordering, we didn't have to wait that long for our food to come. Everything was excellent! There was never an empty glass on the table, Shawna came to check on us several times, and shortly thereafter, the live band came on for their first set. Glad I used OpentTable to make reservations; that place fills up fast after 7!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food served too quickly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was pre-prepared (which is ok) but was delivered two minutes after placing order. Need more time to enjoy experience and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ltaylorclarkeDined on 7/25/2014Been here several times and it's always delightful! We had a great time. The only issue was we made a reservation for 8:30 and weren't seated until 9:15, which wasn't a problem for our group. But, if it's a busy Friday night just be aware this may happen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Menu was a little intimidating for us. Our food ended up being excellent though. Cocktails were good, VERY strong. We definitely came a bit too early for dinner though, the sun was blinding inside & it was very warm. We had dinner at 7, id recommend a later dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Really a great spot with an electric mix of people. Noise level kicks up once band starts so don't go if you want a quiet place. Hard to believe this restaurant has now been operating for 10 years. Wife had empanadas which was excellent and I had scallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Urban Licks was greatProwDined on 7/22/2014Two Urban Licks was highly recommended and it exceeded expectations. Brisket appetizer had a kick and was outstanding. All dishes were fabulous! Definite return on my next trip to Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salmon chips!DelFineDined on 7/21/2014Salmon Chips are the best thing gong the menu! Had dinner with friends for a birthday, everything was good,had a great waiter who knew the menu well. Portions were big some of us split entrees. Great food, loved the garlic spinach and the Mac and Cheese sides!Special Features:
- Impress your visitorsAllieDined on 7/20/2014This is my go-to place for bringing out of town visitors, amazing food, impressive ambiance and a cool little view of the city. This time my mom came to visit and wanted to take my boyfriend and I to dinner. Both of them had never been and absolutely loved it. Definitely a good choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Metropolitan type cafeMelissaVIPDined on 7/20/2014This was an old warehouse. It was decorated eclectically. It had great outdoor seating with a view. The menu was slightly limited, but the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Foodie08Dined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday with a group of friends and it was great! The waitress was attentive and knowledgeable if the menu. Our food came out quickly. Each of us ordered a different entree and each was delicious. We ordered the bar steak, salmon, lemon herb chicken, calamari, and salmon chips. I was a little disappointed in the dessert menu. Also, the drinks I ordered were a little too stiff for my taste, but that's a preference thing. Also, the ventilation for their wood fire grille could improve. Overall wonderful experience and I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Urban LicksDRDAHDined on 7/19/2014Salmon chips were good. We ordered brisket and chicken as our entrees....neither was good. The brisket was loaded with fat and flavorless and the chicken was dry.....we won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It was a beautiful evening full of awesome surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.