TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
504 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (292)fit for foodies (251)special occasion (236)good for groups (218)romantic (173)great for outdoor dining (161)neighborhood gem (160)vibrant bar scene (151)notable wine list (129)scenic view (128)late-night find (99)great for brunch (57)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- averagedrewDined on 9/30/2014Pork dish was awful. service was painfully mediocre.Special Features:
- An ATL Legend!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Hadn't been to Two since I returned to atlanta after a four year hiatus and it didn't disappoint. Back on my list of faves for so many reasons--food, atmosphere, location. Great spot. Keep up the GREAT work!Special Features:
- Fine dining loverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was my second time dining here. The first was dinner with my wife and my best friend and this last time all three of us returned for my best friend's birthday for brunch. I remembered dinner being fantastic the last time, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with brunch. It was exactly what I expected and a whole lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool, but slightly unorganizedbirthdaygirltwourbanlicksDined on 9/27/2014Overall the experience went well. The only things that were bothersome were that there was no place to stand while waiting for our table to be prepared, and that our 8:30 table reservation wasn't ready until about 8:55. Our party felt as if every place we tried to stand was in the way, as there were no seats or areas that looked fit for waiting. Also, when we tried to order a drink at the bar while waiting, no one took our drink order after standing at the bar for ten minutes. Other than that, the food was wonderful and the service was great. Our waiter did a great job of explaining some of the items on the menu, as well as offering suggestions based on our taste. The atmosphere also captures the city very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time dining at two urban licks and it was divine. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food is overpriced for the quality and portion size. Long wait even with a reservation. Was not impressed and will not likely return.Special Features:
- too smokylove2eatDined on 9/27/2014The place is gorgeous and very popular. Our wait staff were attentive. We didn't have to wait. The crowd was hip. The place was very noisy. The food was simply not very good. I returned half my artichoke (smoky and charred and no meat on it. . (Not taken off my bill even though I explained why I wasn't eating it). The empanadas were delucious. The chicken was too smoky. The flat iron steak was thick, tough and not cut correctly. The lobster crepes didn't have a lot of taste. I only ate half. The worst part was we had to take showers when we got home. Our clothes, hair, everything smelled like wood smoke. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Date Night or Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Nice place with great food. The salmon chips and guda grits were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a night out.jd4ndDined on 9/26/2014I live work in Atlanta but live in Gwinnett, so I avoid heading into the city during non-work hours. We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary there and enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the service. I'll probably requested a quieter table next time since I now know a little too much about the couple who sat next to us. I think the young lady figured out that the guy was not impressed with her shouting. I do plan to return soon and am looking forward to the experience.Special Features:
- Slow service barMichaelRDined on 9/26/2014Everything was excellent, with the exception of the speed of the drink service. It should not take 20 minutes to pour a glass of wine... The slowness of the service bar is hurting your overall customer experience.Special Features:
- Great intro to Atlanta food sceneheckarebekahDined on 9/26/2014We were visiting Atlanta and went on the recommendation of friends. Had the salmon chips to start and they did not disappoint. Our party enjoyed main courses of salmon, brisket, flat iron steak and branzino. The desserts were especially outstanding - my husband had sweet potato cheesecake and I had a fig tart with fig ice cream. Definitely recommend going earlier for a more mellow and less noisy experience; our reservation was at 7 p.m. and it was quite manageable but by the time we left at 10 pm-ish it had turned into a crowded scene. Enjoyed the ambiance of the open kitchen and the warehouse roll-up doors to let in fresh air. Also like that many affordable wines are on tap and served in various portion sizes for the table.Special Features:
- Fun place with knowledgable staffJuliaAndMikeDined on 9/25/2014Really had fun here. Food and wine were different, interesting & tasty. It's not a sophisticated place, and the flavors are not remotely subtle. This is a fun place to go with friends and laugh and drink and munch on boldly-flavored dishes. Really a lively place. Our waitress was very knowledgable, but not terribly attentive. She gave us great advice on the menu, then disappeared for lo-o-ong periods of time. We were in no hurry, so this was fine for us. Give it a try and have a great time!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceLC25Dined on 9/21/2014I kindly requested a table with a view since my boyfriend had never been there and it was his birthday, they followed through wonderfully and our server Rupert was so very kind!! I appreciated the entire experience as did my boyfriend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodn2deepDined on 9/20/2014I enjoyed the salmon chips and the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- my friday nightTWOisNUMBER1Dined on 9/19/2014My experience at two urban licks was FANTASTIC!!!!! from making reservations to valet to reception to my server chris. He was OUTSTANDING!!! Full of character, explained the menu well. He really knew his way around the menu!! We talked about him all night, his personality, his politeness, his swag lol, everything was phenomenal. I will DEFINITELY be back!! The food (kisses air) TO DIE FOR!!! Great way to start my weekend virgo/job promotion celebration. THANK YOU TWO URBAN LICKS!!!! YALL DID THAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finding the right balanceAlanafoodieDined on 9/19/2014Many restaurants try to find the right balance of delicious, mouth -watering savory food, coupled with a romantic yet hip ambiance, and a knowledgeable/friendly staff. This restaurant had it all... What I find worthwhile was the more than competent waiters/waitresses And host/hostess.would the food make me want to come back... Yes (but not with much enthusiasm)... It is the people that work there that make it a good experience to a fascinating one. DJ and Hans are wonderful people! I recommend making a reservation because even if you have one, you would probably have to wait a little bit. Just a little... 😊 however, the wait is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemclima030788Dined on 9/19/2014This place is a hidden gem in the heart of Midtown. Absolutely vibrant bar and delicious entrees! Try the Branzino!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "I'm training tonight."OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The first person to greet us at our table introduced himself and let us know that we wasn't exactly our waiter but he was training and he would be helping take care of us. I think we may have seen our official waiter a couple times. He was cool too but obviously tied up. The guy who said he was training I could tell right away had experience in the service industry. He did execellent job. I was a waiter for the Buckhead life group for a few years so it is a relief when you know you have a compatant waiter taking care of you. My date had never been to your restaraunt and she was impressed. She ate way more of her brisket than I did. I liked the brisket but typically I get the Bistro steak and its one of my favorite dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for steak & red wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Romantic yet vibrant atmosphere. Very pleasant server. Can count on two urban for a great steak and glass of wine for a special occasion. Ordered steak medium-rare but it was served more like VERY rare... delicious nonetheless but would just say medium next time. Calamari and salmon chips are fantastic appetizers. Seasonal fig tart dessert was nothing special (the fig part came out entirely stuck together in one bite, and the crust was quite dry), but sweet potato cheesecake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and uncaringKwdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had been warned about noise level and requested and got an uncomfortable to sit at outdoor table - low round stone slab with no place for your legs. Might be acceptable for drinks, but not a meal. Even noisy outside! 4 people were served their meals at 4 different times - a manager seemed to notice when 1/2 of us were sitting there with no food and mumbled something about "seeing about it" but it was 5 minutes between delivery 1 and delivery 4, then another 2 mins or a side to make it to the table. Does Bob Amick care how miserable some of his customers are when the place is a "scene" of screechers not caring what they eat? Why should he? And why would any discerning diner ever go back twice?Special Features:
- good birthdayPeejDined on 9/16/2014Third visit was still great. The birthday girl and my mom from out of town raved about how tasty their pork and duck were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved this place....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Energy was hot, the atmosphere was great and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceSAvisitorsDined on 9/13/2014Loved it. Not a good place for quiet conversation -- it's loud when crowded. But the food was incredible and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodhappyDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent, service was good considering the crowd. It was quite loud and busy! Not romantic, although I read some reviews that said so. I loved when they opened the doors (think oil change type) and the breeze from outside came inside. The view of the city was spectacular. Staff was very knowledgable of the menu. I was served the wrong dish for entree but they quickly replaced with the correct order. The painting is another must see. We had reservations and arrived promptly @ 7 but could not be seated until around 7:20 - yes, it was that busy. I would go again, but probably later and just for small plates and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We made a reservation days before and still waited over 30 minutes. Hostess and server were not very professional and food did not come out together. Very disappointingfrom the last time we were there. We'll try a different restaurant next time.
- Fantastic foodkjkjDined on 9/13/2014Unique atmosphere, pot roast (they called it brisket) was excellent. Their free bread and oil/vinegar is very good too.Special Features:
- My consistent faveHollyDined on 9/12/2014This is my go-to for a 5star experience. A great place to get dressed, have a unique cocktail and gourmet meal. Super service, unique environment. Live jazz band in the corner of the bar. Awesome as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacefigitandbbDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I were going on a date night, and wanted to hear live music. This place had great reviews. We really enjoyed our experience at Two Urban Licks. The atmosphere was great, valet parking was a huge plus, service was awesome!! The food was great for the most part. Brisket was outstanding, however chicken was very dry. Drinks were really good. It was very crowded which made it quite loud, so we unfortunately couldn't hear the jazz band from where we were sitting. But we didn't mind. Make sure you make a reservation. We will definitely go back. I wish we had known about it sooner. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good time and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intown diningCitydinerDined on 9/12/2014Eclectic mix of patrons. ..good drinks! Friendly wait staff Good menu mix $$ CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!SAFETYLADYDined on 9/12/2014I was in town for a conference and we were looking for a place to go on Friday night before we left for home. The manager at the Marriott Airport Hotel suggested Two Urban Licks -her favorite "go to place" in Atlanta. How could we not? We had a 6:30 rez and were seated promptly. Out server was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had a "leisurely" dinner - no rush - and enjoyed every bit of the meal, from app to dessert (yes, we treated ourselves). And my after-dinner port was excellent and really hit the spot! My only negative (and this is just me), was that it was a bit loud for my tastes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondrous FoodgtstudentDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the Brisket, Pork, and Filet and all three were absolutely delicious. The service was excellent and the food top notch (especially the grits too). Would highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome food, weird serviceStar23456VIPDined on 9/11/2014I've been here multiple times, and every time the food is great. This most recent time however was the weirdest service I've had. Our group of 6 agreed. Things that happened: wine did not come until after appetizers, all entrees came out at different times, one person received their entree 10 min after the last entree came out, and credit cards for bills were taken at different times when all were out on the table. Overall, extreme lack of consistency and strange evening with service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FirstNumber1Dined on 9/11/2014Phenomenal... I was taken back at first when we walked in to Two. The lighting is spectacular. Then our order came. By far the best meal we have enjoyed in an extremely long time. We cannot wait to go back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the server was excellentKeg1901Dined on 9/11/2014our server was excellent, but he had been overloaded with people at all his tables, which made it very tough to be timely. Management needs to have a couple more people around the peek hours such as 7:30 seatings. Or, have an additional person with the server to handle the bar items and knows when something is out, before we order it, and later find out it is not available. Staff was very friendly and our server, Dwayne (sp.?) was wonderful, knew the menu well and gave excellent advice.Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Food was ok, not great. Expected more for the price. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Tasty CuisineBlackBarbieDined on 9/10/2014The food is excellent, however, often times the service is sub par because the staff is not prepared for the amount of customers. Even with reservations on more than one occasion I have had to wait for more than 30 minutes.Special Features:
- GreatAndreDined on 9/10/2014Me and my wife celebrated our 3rd anniversary here. We really enjoyed our food and service but it was a bit to load inside. The salmon chips and brisket are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good ambiance, bad servicefoodieDined on 9/10/2014The ambiance and the energy of this restaurant were amazing! Beyond that, it was a let down. We went on a Wednesday night at 7, it was not that busy. Our service was horrible! Had 3 different waitresses trying to take our drink and appetizer order. But then after ordering drinks and an appetizer, it took forever for a server to return to take our dinner order and get another round of drinks. The menu is small, and I ordered the scallops and grits. For $26 I would have thought the portion would have been bigger. It was about 1/2 cup of grits spread flat on the plate with 4 small scallops (not anything special). We had the salmon chips to start, they were not very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSniperDrivesaHemiDined on 9/8/2014Heard about Two Urban Licks a few months ago from a friend and forgot about it. Came across it again while planning our anniversary and made the reservations. The only drawback was confusion about parking. We self parked along the street because the signs said Valet only towards the restaurant. That meant we had to walk quite a ways. It is easier to just Valet it and follow the signs. Got seated right away. Excellent service, nice view. Amazing food. My wife loved the wine selection, and she really enjoyed their Ice Wine alongside our desserts. Desserts were incredible. Menu can change daily, so you never know what will be on it. We didn't see any children there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointed06Dined on 9/6/2014I researched restaurants to take my friends, who were visiting out of town. I came across Urban Two Licks and the reviews were good. I made reservations and arrived promptly. Disappointley we had to wait a HOUR past our reservation time with no other option but to neither stand in the bathroom walkway on the entrance where it the tempature was beyond hot. I tried speaking with the manager who in return gave instant attitude. Granted I know things happened but this was unacceptable and unrealistic. If we hadn't paid for a limo service drop off/pick up we would've definitely left.Special Features: