355 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyslounge.com/
- Phone: 6173575825
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Beardslee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Event Menu available for large groups and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky's is the perfect location for after work gatherings, birthday parties, holiday events and much more! We'll customize a special occasion for your friends family or co-workers. Please call restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Thursdays & Friday Nights: Boston's Best Cover Bands perform in our lounge 10pm. Saturdays: Sinatra Show featuring Adam Herbert 7-10pm in the dining room and DJ Johnny Dow 10pm - close in the lounge Sundays: Sinatra Sundays with live Sinatra Tributes featuring Ron Poster 11am - 2pm and Adam Herbert 8pm - 12 midnight.
- Special Events: Lucky's is a great place to host your next office happy hour, birthday night out, game day viewing party or baby shower brunch. Private and non-private space is available.
A word from Lucky's Lounge
Descending the stairs into Lucky's is like stepping through a portal into a swinging hipster lounge straight out of the '50s. Dim red lighting washes a rowdy vinyl-upholstered dining room, which is separate from the long narrow bar. Sardine-like conditions are the norm during peak hours, when an energetic crowd (Fort Point Channel artsy types and Financial District worker bees) rolls in for the neighborhood's liveliest scene. - CitysearchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lucky's Lounge - Best Restaurants in Fort Point Channel ›
Lucky's Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (20)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (8)romantic (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Amazing Time.FlemielDined on 9/21/2013We went to Lucky's Saturday night for my birthday. It was definitely a great choice by me! The live singer was AMAZING! His voice was perfect. Even when the band took a break, the music that was played in the meantime was really enjoyable we were dancing in our seats. Between the bar and the music it was a little loud but... between a bar and live music it's not really a shock that it's loud. The food was delicious. The crab cakes were really filling and the Southie fried chicken was ridiculously good. Both my brother and I only ate half so we could have it again another day! The nachos looked epic- we didn't order them but people around us did. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - great foodRichVIPDined on 9/12/2013Still worth it. Service is slow, although meal comes out fast enough. Slow on refills, check, etc. food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome and LoudfeastermisterDined on 9/1/2013My wife was initially hesitate to go down the dark stairwell to the lounge but once in we were in - transformation to the 50's! Food was great and service excellent. They had a Frank Sinatra impersonator with 4 piece band. Don't sit too close to band since the place is long and narrow and acoustics is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!RebekahDined on 9/1/2013Laid back atmosphere, and the food was very delicious! Tasty cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love love Lucky's! I cameZaytieDined on 9/1/2013I love love Lucky's! I came here first with my mom and really enjoyed the scene, food and service. I brought a friend here most recently for a casual date and he loved it too. We all enjoyed the Sinatra music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great place. PerfectZaytieDined on 8/25/2013This was a great place. Perfect for a casual brunch or a nice date. The food is delicious and actually pretty affordable. Awesome overallSpecial Features:
- FrankFrankie1Dined on 8/25/2013Brunch here is always delicious. The live music is amazing and keeps me returning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sinatra Sunday Jazz BrunchPhotogWayneDined on 8/25/2013A great little jazz brunch with an super combo (w/ a young Sinatra sounding vocalist) created a great ambiance without overpowering conversations. The menu is varied with a mix of standards and few gems - and could be perked up a bit, but don't let that stop you. They redesigned Lucky's since I was last here to a much nicer little club without losing the feel. We will be back. And yes - there is no sign outside that this is the place. It's just the place on the corner. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013This was our second time for the Sunday Sinatra brunch. It isn't really brunch but more like a breakfast menu. The food was not very good, but the wait staff was very friendly and efficient and the music was quite enjoyable.
- Date night for 40+ marriedsChampDined on 8/23/2013Wife and I had a rare night with no kids. Went to Seaport area for appies and cocktails. Got a little cold and felt like a change of scene. Searched internet and found LUCKY'S LOUNGE was right around the corner. Reserved table on "opentable" and were impressed it was ready when we got there. Server (Jolanda) was wicked cool and attentive. We ate light and she then helped move over to the "band" side of the bar to a cool table. Great bluesy rock music with fun, diversely aged crowd. We're 40+ and were comfortable among a wide age range. We'll be back!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value of reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013Previous reviews told me exactly what to expect. The only unexpected was the size of the side dish, more than two could eat! Loved it!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experience here!foodieDined on 8/2/2013When my husband and I sat down our server was attentive despite it being quite busy at 730 PM. She answered some questions we had about the food and brought our beverages out while we decided on our food. Now, here comes my negative comment. When we ordered our food, we specifically asked to bring out each thing separately. We each had an app, a salad/soup and our entree and we were in no rush whatsoever. After placing our orders, we waited approx 20 mins and then EVERYTHING CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!! all we got was a "sorry guys" from the waitstaff and our server offered to keep our entrees warm while we made our way through the meal. It was great food but i felt rushed since ALL of my food was ready. Otherwise it's a great place.Special Features:
- Old Blue Eyes and Old Brown EyesLindaDined on 7/28/2013Took my mom to Lucky's to hear Sinatra. Mom is 88 years young! She met Sinatra at the RKO in Boston when she was 17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairBetsy1224VIPDined on 7/28/2013Based on OpenTable's identifying Lucky's Lounge as "great for brunch," I made a reservation for 9 adults and 2 toddlers for Sunday brunch. After eating there, I'm mystified about how it earned that description - food is mediocre, service is slow, and it's truly more a "lounge" than a restaurant. The best thing - even though it made it difficult for our group to talk over the noise - was the music. The Sunday brunch features a 2-piece band accompanying a singer who specializes in Sinatra tunes.
- Cool Retro/Sinatra VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2013Lucky's hits the mark they are aiming for as a cool retro bar/restaurant/dive. We stayed in the "Innovation District" three days and visited Lucky's each day of our stay for food and/or drinks. The highlight was the Sunday Sinatra Brunch, but the food and drinks were great and a good value each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch spotBruinDined on 7/18/2013I've been to Lucky's for afterwork drinks and dinner. Had the chance to try the lunch menu recently. Great food (love the crab cakes) and served quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Brunch!!Boston797Dined on 7/13/2013It's not easy to find a great Saturday Brunch, but Lucky's has one! Great food; awesome, friendly staff and plenty of on street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNoValueDined on 6/30/2013The reason for the 2 stars for food is because they chgd the breakfast menu and the items are not as interesting as previous. I ordered the huevos Monterey . This was a take on huevos rancheros, which are very tasty, spicy and satisfying. These were not even close. They also replaced the Procuitto in Sinatra omelette with sausage and bacon ...???!!!i will say the now have 3 different eggs Benedict . The yogurt granola fruit parfait was excellent. The bloody Mary's and mimosa was fantastic. I do hope the chef reads this as we are regulars and would love to see more interesting breakfast selections. Thanks RichardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013We went looking for a special brunch and this Sinatra brunch was recommended in some sites. Though the singer had a nice voice, unfortunately the atmosphere was a bit sad: the place itself feels like a regular diner, only it has some 50's photos on the walls. We were expecting a lot more…
- Fun placeMarcandjoshmomDined on 6/16/2013My husband is a major Sinatra fanboy, so we took him there for Father's Day brunch. Food was good, live music was good and we all had a good time. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First DatechkinghzrdDined on 6/14/2013My wife and I had our first date at Lucky's. We come back every year for our anniversary and the food and cocktails never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sinatra SundaysCorinDined on 6/9/2013Will definitely return to Lucky's on a Sunday to hear this band! Brunch was excellent and the service was great. The manager could see that our food was taking extra time so he brought over some coffee cake for us to munch on while we waited. Very nice touch:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great slidersEddieDined on 6/8/2013Kind of hard to find as it's under an older building, but I loved the bar setting and the sliders were delicious! Definitely try the kobe beef sliders with the quail egg. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fine but theBarbODined on 6/2/2013The food was fine but the decor needs updating. The fake fireplace going on a 90 degree day was a little odd.
- Great Brunch & Live Sinatra Tunes!Els14Dined on 5/26/2013Just before leaving the Boston area after 17 years, I took my family to Lucky's for the Sinatra Brunch and it didn't disappoint. The food was great, the service friendly and timely, and the music was a really great accompaniment. We all really enjoyed it, and now we're disappointed we didn't go more often. Definitely a fun thing to do with friends, family, or anyone in town for a visit. Afterwards, take them by the Boston tea party museum and/or the Boston Children's Museum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahRTho74JrVIPDined on 5/26/2013The hostess was incredibly unorganized seating 16 people who were walk in customers before us and we had a reservation. We waited 50 minutes to be sat only for them to sit us in a dingy, cobweb filled spot next to the stairs that led to the upstairs men's room.. Our server/bartender was so overwhelmed it wasn't funny. Our food was cold and you could tell it had been sitting under heat lamps for a while. It took 50 minutes to get our food so of course it was sitting under heat lamps. VERY disappointing and I'm pretty sure we won't be going back here.Special Features:
- Awful serviceDeeRMVIPDined on 5/26/2013Sinatra Sunday brunch... Worst service I ever experienced at a restaurant. I never write reviews but this experience was so bad, I feel it is necessary to warn other diners: do not waste your time here! Total disappointment.
- Return visit is in order.IwasthereDined on 5/15/2013Group of 5 and it was fun. I would recommend to others without hesitation. Food was very good and the prices are more than reasonable. Everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- Disappointment after anticipationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2013I went into Lucky's at the recommendation of a few people despite having a reservation, had to wait 45 minutes for a table. I was hard pressed to find a cocktail on their menu that sounded potable and ended up with a sidecar interpretation that didn't even have cognac in it. The sliders were fine but expensive for what you got. Overall, the experience left a lot to be desired.
- Drink and listen to the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2013This was my second time the first time the French toast was a little soggy and the homes fries disgusting...way to much garlic had a funky taste...the home fries should of been like the sweet potato small cubes crispy on the outside. But the reason I returned was to bring my Mom because of the music Frank Sinatra which the band is wonderful. So this time we had lunch lucky burger, salad and fries...well disappointed the burger was fried much better if it would be charbroiled and again the French fries so loaded with salt if wasn't even eatable. Isn't that why there is salt on the tablSpecial Features:
- Service was very good, enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Service was very good, enjoyed the food...the sliders were great...this is a great place for a good bar scene and bar food, nothing fancy but a good place to eat and drink with friends.Special Features:
- Very good food, moderatelymrpeabodyVIPDined on 4/21/2013Very good food, moderately loud for the small number of people there. Very good service. Nice neighborhood place that has a hidden entrance so you would not know it there unless you had good directions.Special Features:
- Very fun. Loved the live music,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Very fun. Loved the live music, but it is a small place so gets pretty loud. Food was very good.Special Features:
- The drinks were very generousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013The drinks were very generous and the food was excellent. The only problem was the extremely loud group of people in the booth behind us. There was one woman at that table who continued to practically scream her cackle the whole time we were there. Other than that, we would definitely recommend and we will be back!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The food was excellent, and so was the service. However, it was MUCH too loud. My friend and I at times could not hear each other even when shouting. Although I liked the food, I will not go back again because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Good food at a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2013Good food at a good price in a throwback atmoshpere.
- Went for my birthday withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Went for my birthday with the girls and the food was great! The drink menu was diverse and great and the wine list was superb! I had the red sangria and was very disappointed; i wish i tried something else. I would still go back for dinner or just a starting point for drinks. Well done!Special Features:
- Second time there - firstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Second time there - first time for the Sinatra Brunch. It did not disappoint! Food was really good and the atmosphere was fun. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Dissatisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Ive been going to Luckys for 10 years. I invited 3 friends who had never been there for brunch. Overall we had a great time but we had a horrible waitress. We had to practically beg her to wait on us and her attitude was poor at best. It took 20 minutes for the drinks to come. My fries came out raw. We wanted to order coffee and again it was a chore for her to do this. She never came over to see how things were. It was like we were invisible. I think management should know these things so they can either address it or terminate her. She really did not deserve to work there. WORST WAITRESS EVER!Special Features:
- Always great funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013Great energy and fun atmosphere. Awesome food which has impressed over multiple visits. Sunday Sinatra brunch is the best. I have always had fun at Lucky's.Special Features: