154 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomassotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 5084818484x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: Restarting in early 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bill Bradley/Michelle Blass Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit our adjacent market and wine shop, Panzano Provviste e Vino, for catering options. www.panzanomarket.com
A word from Tomasso Trattoria
At Tomasso Trattoria & Enoteca, and at Panzano Provviste e Vino, our Tuscan Market & Wine Shop located next door, the seasonally driven menus draw from every region of Italy with authentic dishes prepared simply, with the freshest, highest quality organic ingredients and sustainably raised meats. True to Italian tradition are our house made bread, pasta, sauces, desserts and more. Tomasso’s chic, rustic décor transports guests to Italy with a long white marble bar, chef's counter seating, and a panoramic open kitchen in the dining room. Tomasso is a wine lover's paradise with dozens of wines by the quartino, a unique wine list, and exciting wine dinners hosted by leading Italian wine makers. Visit our websites at tomassotrattoria.com and panzanomarket.com to view our calendar of food and wine events. Private dining at Tomasso Trattoria is tastefully done whether it’s a cocktail reception, an elegant dinner or a business meeting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tomasso Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Southboro ›
Tomasso Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (41)special occasion (32)romantic (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently Very GoodNickDined on 3/1/2014That many of the appetizers - for us, arancini (rice balls) and ricotta fritta - arrive on plates of 3 remains frustrating, and not just to us. Most groups are in 2 or 4. So who loses out on a taste? Seriously Tom, if that fourth arancini at $8 is going to put you in the red, add a buck to it. Otherwise, another very nice meal. Grilled pork was flawless, the salmon unique and ricotta gnudi a great combination of flavors. Shortribs were a tad dry and lacked seasoning & flavor, perhaps caused by the size of the cut. Buccatini = amazing. Standard dessert menu has a star in the budino. Service very good, though I was constantly bumped by the staff serving/clearing the table next to us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Referred by a friend.JerseyJDined on 2/27/2014A friend of mine does some business with Tomasso, so he recommended I check it out. Once seated I was greeted by the GM, who sent regards from the owner. They then brought us out lovely selections I'm not even sure were on the menu! The wine the waitress suggested complemented our meal well enough that we ordered 2 bottles of it. The food was INCREDIBLE! We kept the menu on the table and worked through it until we just couldn't fit anymore. The primi selections were great, secondi even better, deserts were made with absolute attention to detail. I will be going back frequently. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very loud and difficultOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014Was very loud and difficult to talk or hear guests. Food ok but drinks not so much. after sending a drink back we were charged for it. Every time we try to come back, this kind of stuff happens. Unfortunate-could be a nice neighborhood place.
- Great for a work dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2014I had to plan a work dinner for a few coworkers who have a wide variety of tastes/restrictions and everyone was able to find something they loved here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014I went there on a Monday night with a group of old friends. We stayed 3 hours and had a great time. The food was terrific and the wine list of Italian wines outstanding. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu. Granted it was a Monday night but we appreciated not being rushed. The place was fairly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta was very good however,BrianDined on 2/22/2014Pasta was very good however, $26.00 for a dish is a bit much.Special Features:
- No wow factorTony2047Dined on 2/21/2014Service was friendly and efficient. The appetizers were good to very good. The main courses were under cooked with a bland flavor. We go out occasionally to higher end restaurants such as Willies streak house, Romaines etc to enjoy an incredible meal. Tomasso did not meet that expectation. To be fair this was our first visit and may have been a bad night.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014I often take my business associates to Tomasso and have always had a great experience. My guests rave about the food and want to go back whenever they are in town on business. The food and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Valentine's OutingmegadinerDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a delicious 4-course meal on Valentine's Day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpretentious...ptmvDined on 2/14/2014...cool, relaxed atmosphere, friendly, smiling cast, great background tunage, and always a different seasonal menu... a suburbian fav...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentine's Day Dinner!vbh123Dined on 2/14/20144-course dinner with each course as good as the last and all tasted great and well presented.The service was spot on, there when you needed them, but never hovering over you. My favorite place in Southborough to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 2014PaulDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner expeience. We truly enjoyed the four course prefixe menu. The food was delicious and the serivce was very attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful contemporary ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014This place is terrific, if you like thoughtful, innovative interesting food made with high quality ingredients - the value is superb. The appetizers are interesting variations on traditional themes - 'bruschetta' with caramlized turnips and pears (get it -it's gREAT!) - fritto calamari served in a wooden box from salt cod in an almost tempura like batter. pasta dishes are wodnerful - the carbonara has teh sauce inside little pasta sheets; the gnudi browned on a flat top. main courses we had included a wonderful fish stew with monkfish and a prosciutto wrapped chicken (this was a bit salty and strong, but very good). Service is wonderful - big hot open kitchen, lots of lively diners eating great food and sharing it. Loved it all!Special Features:
- Fun Chef's view tableMelodyWDined on 2/8/2014If you do not wan tot go into the city and enjoy great upscale Italian food, this is the place. You can opt for the chefs view table and enjoy the kitchen view. They even gave us a few new apps to try. The chefs are busy but friendly and enjoy their work. The food is fresh, inventive, great wine selection and fun drink menu. One of the best in Metro West MelodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have a limited menu butBarjoeDined on 2/7/2014They have a limited menu but enough for everyone to choose something. The only comment we have is that the portions were small for cost of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overallOneview1VIPDined on 2/1/2014overall good, novel dishes and changing menu, but with huge plates and smaller servings, we found most dishes too cold. Better plate heaters would do, as no microwaves were in use (you can watch the preparers do the cooking, which is quite nice).Special Features:
- Loved it!JohnVIPDined on 2/1/2014Our first visit, and everything about it was superb. Service was a special plus. Location might not be ideal for some, but we drove 35 miles to get there, and it was more than worth the trip. And we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014Had my birthday dinner here last week at my dad's recommendation. We arrived 15 minutes late for our reservation; the hostess said she had just cancelled the reservation but had plenty of space for us. We were seated immediately. The place appeared very clean and was dimly lit. Our waitress seemed a little nervous or rushed, and we realized that the restaurant was closing at 10 instead of 11 as previously thought. We ordered quickly and the food was excellent (I highly recommend the wild boar ragu), except for the Monkfish ordered by one of the other diners, who seemed to think that the kitchen had substituted a cheaper fish instead. We were the last people in the restaurant and everyone was incredibly accommodating and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014My husband and I brought two friends on Friday, 1/24/14. We had a fabulous dinner. We were happy to see Chef Bill Bradley overseeing things in the kitchen. I was able to have everything from salad, to dessert for a completely gluten free meal, which is huge for me. We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change can be good - sometimesRitagonzVIPDined on 1/24/2014Tomasso's has been going through dynamic change. Fortunately a new Chef has really brought back a lot of what makes Tomasso's what it was. But with change in the air, new staff - there is a loss of chemistry and vibe that made regulars "feel at home". Chef Michelle's food is WONDERFUL - she makes KILLER calamari and she cooks with soul. On this visit, some of our dishes were off balance. The owner, has contacted us since. I hope they can get everyone dancing the tango as they used to. Its been a favorite go-to for years, I hope it gets back to what it has been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion sizes were very smallMommyreierDined on 1/18/2014Portion sizes were very small and on the pricy side.Special Features:
- Tomasso has excellent food.JHonDined on 1/11/2014Tomasso has excellent food. The vegetables are organic and local as much as possible. The portion size is perfect, not too much not too little. The service, wine list and quality of the food is superb. It feels like having the quality of an excellent North End restaurant close to home.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014We've heard a lot about this place and it was disappointing. Charming inside but the food was just too bland.
- Amazing ServiceNotimpressedDined on 1/11/2014Went with friends. Food was as expected for price. I've never had better service and I dine out frequently. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, mediocre service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Mediocre food, mediocre service. Not bad, but definitely not worth a second visit.Special Features:
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014Went to Tomasso for the first time and overall it was pleasant experience. The food was definitely good but I wasn't overwhelmed. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the wait staff was very good. The GM came over at the end of the dinner and was also very polite. Overall, my wife and I really had a good time and I want to credit the staff and GM for that experience because I generally find that to be the lacking element. If I had to select an area I thought could use improvement I think the quality of the food doesn't quite match the pricing. However, I would strongly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, love theRovermomDined on 1/6/2014Food was excellent, love the new menu; however, several portion sizes were small relative to price. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemikeandjaneDined on 1/4/2014We've been to Tomasso's on a number of occasions but our last visit was really spectacular. We ordered the meat and cheese board, beet salad with ricotta and swordfish with a tomato aioli (sp?). Absolutely delicious. More importantly the service was spectacular. Our waitress Sam was attentive but without being overly intrusive. She knew the menu in detail and understood our wine preferences making some great suggestions. We have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the country and the service at Tomasso's rivals that of any high end restaurant in N.Y. or elsewhere. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markJCP1958Dined on 12/31/2013We have been to Tomasso's on many occasions and have always enjoyed!! Tonight missed the mark. Poor Kitchen execution (Long wait for Food) when food arrived was not hot. Sent back a side to be reheated, seemed it had been microwaved and returned. Sent back a main plate and server never returned for alternative order. Ordered Cappucino and Gelato dessert Cappucino was delivered and ice cold before Gelato arrived. Will not give up on Tomasso and will try again, but very dissappointed.Special Features:
- We have been to Tomasso manyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/30/2013We have been to Tomasso many times, always with outstanding service, but not this time. When we arrived for lunch at 1, the hostess was showing others to their table and no one was at the front. Nearby, at the bar, a man working the coffee machine looked at us but said nothing. Didn't even smile. This non-welcoming person was our waiter. My husband, who ordered a salad and a panini, was brought a bowl of soup. The waiter came over and started to contradict my husband about the order. Finally the waiter said "Well, then, the soup's on me" and a salad eventually arrived. When my husband was half-way thru his panini, a second salad arrived. The restaurant wasn't crowded - we were three of approximately 10-12 people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice meal overregulardinerDined on 12/28/2013We had a very nice meal over the Holidays. Our server was outstanding. She totally understood everydish on the menu, and the wine list. Our appetizers and pastas were outstanding. Very well prepared. We shared three of the pastas as a mid-course. I have dined at Tomasso's many times. The restaurant initally was outstanding, and then dipped. I believe the new chef has been an imrpovement. However, the new pasta sizes are actually a good size for a mid-course. They should offer a larger size as an entree. Our lamb dish was a bit disappointing. Overall we had an excellent meal. The last two times we have been at Tomasso's have been good. We look forward to continued improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, subpar servicefintelkaiVIPDined on 12/26/2013Our server seemed to be overwhelmed by the number of parties he was taking care of. We were not brought bread until we asked, drinks took very long to appear, the timing of courses was thoughtless. The food itself was excellent, as usual. We were especially pleased by having more than one vegetarian choice, which Tomasso's chef sometimes neglects when the weekly menu is put together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but prices areOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2013Food is good but prices are far to high for the overall dining experience. You can get as good or better food and value elsewhere.
- Always amazingBeachgirlVIPDined on 12/19/2013We had an nice dinner with friends. With the holidays, the place was energetic but efficient. All the wait staff and managers are very friendly and will do whatever you need to make your visit the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencemd7716VIPDined on 12/17/2013From the moment we stepped in to the moment we left, everything was perfect. Great food. Great service. Great people. Cheers.
- Loud with crowded seatingMarushkaDined on 12/10/2013My husband I went here for a special night out. The tables for two are incredibly small and lined against the wall with one long bench seating against the wall so that person views the restaurant and whoever gets the chair side of the table get a view of the wall. The tables for 2 are tiny and so close together that I practically had someone's jacket on my lap and when someone's waiter came over to take an order or see how things were we had a waters reared in out face. it's very hard to hear there. Everyone is yelling and we found ourselves asking each other "what?" after most sentences. Our server was fantastic though, she was very friendly and attentive without being in our faces. The food was good but nothing crazy impressive.Special Features:
- MemorableHarbormasterDined on 12/10/2013Much finer than the usual restaurant I would go to. I was out of my element but had gracious help with the menu and wine list. Fresh-picked greens. Gone-to-heaven wine. My final course was one of the tastiest creations I ever put in my mouth. There was not a single negative to share, except maybe that they close before you want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit was just as good!PositanoDined on 12/7/2013We've dined at Tomasso twice in the last 3 months and had a fantastic experience both times. The menu changes every week so there's always something new to try. The portion sizes lend themselves to a multi-course meal and the servers are careful not to rush you through them They're also really knowledgable about the menu and can describe and recommend dishes and wines for you. The food is absolutely delicious, but save room for the chocolate torta (to-die-for!). Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/5/2013It had been nearly a year since I'd been here and I was reminded again how special the food here can be - very high quality ingredients, excellent and professional service, perfectly prepared food. It's not cheap, but it is good value, becuase the flavors are bright and vibrant, the pairings of ingredients interesting and the wine perfectly matched. We started with a board of cheese and cured meats, which were delicious. salads were very italian - lightly dressed, tart adn bright; an entree of fritto misto, served in a salt cod box, was a complete home run - the ravioli and pastas were heavenly. The open kitchen is right there, and the chef is right there, and it makes a huge difference. wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypeCynZeeDined on 12/3/2013I'd dismissed this restaurant for years because of its location in a strip mall. I figured it wouldn't be anything special. But two people recently recommended it for great authentic Italian. The food was good but not great. And the place was so loud that I had a hard time hearing the.server and my husband. Not really worth the.price tag.