154 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tomassotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 5084818484x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: Restarting in early 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bill Bradley/Michelle Blass Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit our adjacent market and wine shop, Panzano Provviste e Vino, for catering options. www.panzanomarket.com
- Private Party Facilities: Tomasso Trattoria believes in providing the highest level of guest experience, offering traditional Italian dining with menus tailored to your needs. Our venue can accommodate private groups from as small as 4 to as large as 120, with private and semi-private spaces to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie Margwarth 8669573594
A word from Tomasso Trattoria
At Tomasso Trattoria & Enoteca, and at Panzano Provviste e Vino, our Tuscan Market & Wine Shop located next door, the seasonally driven menus draw from every region of Italy with authentic dishes prepared simply, with the freshest, highest quality organic ingredients and sustainably raised meats. True to Italian tradition are our house made bread, pasta, sauces, desserts and more. Tomasso’s chic, rustic décor transports guests to Italy with a long white marble bar, chef's counter seating, and a panoramic open kitchen in the dining room. Tomasso is a wine lover's paradise with dozens of wines by the quartino, a unique wine list, and exciting wine dinners hosted by leading Italian wine makers. Visit our websites at tomassotrattoria.com and panzanomarket.com to view our calendar of food and wine events. Private dining at Tomasso Trattoria is tastefully done whether it’s a cocktail reception, an elegant dinner or a business meeting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tomasso Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Southboro ›
Tomasso Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (37)special occasion (30)romantic (26)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pretty goodMortDined on 6/2/2014An interesting menu that reads a bit better than it tastes. Nothing wring with the place just nothing great either. Decor is uninspirational, lighting dull, service friendly. Once a year maybe.Special Features:
- Bad nightgitanoVIPDined on 5/30/2014Waited about 20 minutes for the appetizer to arrive. The entrees came about 30 minutes later. The pasta entrée and the pork chop were totally overcooked. Minute portions. Hoping for the dessert to be better but it was not the case. The espresso was closer to hot water than coffee. Not sure if I will return soon. Very surprising since my experience has been very favorable in the past.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningTerriVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our meal start to finish was spot on. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was delicious. We will be going back soon.Special Features:
- The following 1125 reviews are from the Tomasso Trattoria reviews archive.
- Birthday bistecca dinnerOABEVIPDined on 5/24/2014We took our son to a 20th birthday dinner at Tomassos. It wasn't our first time and we know we can rely on great food and excellent service. The bistecca was a special which delighted the birthday boy. Chocolate flourless cake for dessert was a real treat too. We are coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding . . . again!JohnVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food here is really wonderful: inventive and consistently well-executed. But the truly distinguishing factor is the service. Everyone with whom you come in contact --- from the greeter/seaters and bus people, right up to the General Manager (actively present) --- is genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They give real meaning to the notion that they're in the hospitality business and you're their guests. Southborough is way out in the 'burbs, a trek for some, but Tomasso is definitely worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dessert!!NancyDDined on 5/23/2014Our group had just finished having a dinner at another Metrowest restaurant but didn't want to stay there for dessert. It was 8:00 and were able to get 8:15 reservations for 6 at Tomasso. GREAT DECISION! The dessert menu was varied and everything we ordered was delectable--don't miss the tiramisu. Nice cappuccino, but only whole milk at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014Food is always great! Their is always plenty of choices and the wines are very good quality.Special Features:
- Top Upscale Italian Metro WestMelodyWDined on 5/20/2014Tomasso, is my upscale Italian place. My husband and I love the food, wine, and chef's view seating. You can have a casual dinner at the bar as well. Great thin crust to the crafted pizza. Excellent for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a colleagueVacationtimeVIPDined on 5/15/2014Service was excellent - very attentive, responsive and helpful with food descriptions and selection.Special Features:
- Good but too priceyAndyDVIPDined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day, the food was well prepared and the 3 of us liked it. But the portions were quite small and especially for the pricing. This has always been the issue with Tomasso.
- Great meal/serviceRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 5/8/2014Great food, interesting menu, portions are just the right size to have a fantastic dinner. Service was attentive without hovering. We will be back. Thanks for a nice night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzDVIPDined on 5/3/2014Very good food, but expensive for Southboro. The bill was $375 for four people.
- Great meal!DaveDined on 5/2/2014Went on a Friday night as a party of 6, and thought the food and service were excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Has been better in the pastDonGDined on 4/29/2014Seems as if things have changed at Tomasso's. No longer a listing of the local Farm's where the food comes from as well as the food did not have the appeal, or presentation that it has in the past. Sean our server was superb. Love the wine list, best find of all is the house wine- price and taste is best on the menu! On a Tuesday evening in late April the restaurant was hopping. Asked for a quiet table which we were given, but when restaurant is filled and reservation is for prime time -- quiet is relative, esp. for those with hearing issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong menu with great executionACoupleofFineDinersDined on 4/26/2014Great date night dining experience. Great selection of dishes to choose from and excellent execution for everything we ordered. A bit of sticker shock takes Tomasso's off our routine dining list, but it stays on our list a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not as good as it wasSharonVIPDined on 4/21/2014My husband & I had dinner at Tomasso's on Monday. We hadn't been there for a while and had fond memories of the excellent food & service in the past. This time the food & service were both disappointing. One of our appetizers (fried calamari) arrive luke warm; the bread was cold; the sausage on the pizza was a few tiny, tasteless pieces; we tried to flag down a waiter to ask for fresh pepper and after 5+ minutes of waiting, my husband went over to a stand that had a pepper grinder on it and asked the bus person if we could borrow it. It was unexpectedly busy and our waiter had one table with a large party plus 4 small tables for 2 or 3 to serve, so that could explain the slow service. And perhaps it was an "off night" in the kitchen.
- Bad brunchNotafoodiejustlikefoodDined on 4/20/2014But I hear their Italian food is really good! Brunch: Nutella French toast - wasn't appropriately battered, filled, or cooked properly. Bananas should've been caramel used, instead were mushy and tasteless. All toast with eggs were burned. Eggs were cold and underdone. Service was great except server did not introduce herself as the server. While very nice and attentive, this is taught in hospitality 101, no?Special Features:
- Always a bit disappointed!DisappointedDined on 4/18/2014We are frequent diners and every year or so we say, let's try Tomasso's again! And inevitably we are disappointed. This lat visit was no exception. The pork chop was really good, it's accompanying wine sauce was terrible, if I wanted to pour wine on my chop I would have! The pasta dish was so spicy all I could taste pepper, not the pasta, not even tomato! So why did I give it a "Good" rating? The rest of the meal was exceptional...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The only reason for the 4 is the noise level, not sure you can do anything about it because of layout. But I do have to say your bar area was very respectful, not to many places can pull it offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014This is a fine dining restaurant located in the Metrowest area. The decor is relaxed and upscale. You're able to watch the prep and chefs prepare. If you want to just hit a nice bar for an evening out this is the place to come.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Great food, nice wine store next door. Fresh bread with oil was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2014Everything was delicious, had not been in a while and it was a real treat. One of our guests had the grass fed - NY strip that was like butter, juicy and cooked to perfection. Appetizers to dessert was perfect. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but cramped.BirthdayDined on 4/5/2014We loved the food and the service was great, but the tables are really close together, so no privacy and noise levels get loud trying to talk over other diners. Try to ask for a table in the back room rather than in the center room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tuscany Italian restaurantHarryDined on 4/4/2014Excellent Tuscany Italian dishes as well as excellent Italian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/3/2014Tomassos is one of the only restaurants in our town but thankfully, we go there because it is good, not just convenient. However, last night Tomassos just did not rise to its normally high standards. The Arancini was a bit soggy, and 2 out of the 3 Ricotta Gnudi were burnt (though nice try at hiding the burnt part toward the plate). Our server was a bit more pushy than we felt appropriate. The Torta di Cioccolata and Mocha Budino saved the night, so intensely chocolately that it was impossible to finish-quite a statement considering it was girls night out. I am very much hoping that this was on off night & that Tomassos will continue to meet the high standards they have established for themselves and that we as patrons have come to expect.Special Features:
- Boston feel in the burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Living in the suburbs, it's difficult to find a NICE restaurant with great food/service. Something above a family restaurant. This is it. Food was very good, service outstanding. The bar was packed as well as the restaurant. We will absolutely make this place a regular jaunt. Rumors have long circulated that it's pricey. I would give it $$ out of $$$$. Reasonable. If you want a nice meal close to home.... This is it.Special Features:
- Visible neglectJayJVIPDined on 3/29/2014It's not always a good thing when customers can see the interaction between the kitchen and the servers. In our case, we saw the kitchen place all four of the main courses for our table on the pickup counter. A server who had placed her order after ours picked up two of our entrees and took them to another table. When our server realized this, the two entrees that were ready were placed under heat lamps while the other orders were recooked. As a result, we all had to wait for our food and the two items that had been under the heat lamps were warm but not hot when they arrived. Our server was great, but seeing this disregard for customers and co-workers was not pleasant. Hence the 2 stars -- our server alone was worth 5.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. The only complaintFoodieDined on 3/29/2014Excellent food. The only complaint I have is we felt that we were being rushed to get out of there. I will not recmmend it for a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gladly travel an hour!AmyDDined on 3/28/2014We come from central Mass to visit Tomaso...delicious food, wine. Presentation of both was excellent. The welcome we got and the attentive, committed service we received was exceptional! Will absolutely go back and bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, pricey, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We were there on a Friday night. Very loud. Hard to carry on a conversation. Food us excellent although pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014Food was really good - I had the scallops on cauliflower puree and it was yummy & perfectly cooked. We had a great server who knew the menu well and made great recommendations. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- almost backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2014This was a really fine restaurant, then the chef left and the new one was not up to the job. It is much better now, if not as good as it was at first. The wine list used to be international, it is now just Italian. I almost checked 'fit for foodies', 'hot spot', 'notable wine list', 'vibrant bar scene' and 'romantic'. It's close on all of these counts but not yet really there.
- Slow service, food servedJjfoodVIPDined on 3/15/2014Slow service, food served cold had to send it back, second time better but not hot just warm. Not sure what is going on as we have been in several times before and enjoyed the food but this time not a good experience. We'll not be coming back.
- decentcutes1125VIPDined on 3/14/2014the food was not wow i have to come back here and try the food again just decent. i would never come back and pay a fortunate for this meal ever again where the portions are small. the service from the server was exceptional.Special Features:
- Not the usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014I have eaten here many times and have always had delicious food. This time it was just OK. The service was terrific but the food disappointing. Old bread, cold stuffed cabbage, dry short rib , bland stuffed chicken and the pear sorbet and chocolate mousse aside ,desserts no better than any run of the mill eatery. Hopefully it was just a bad evening and they return to their previous high standard next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at TomassoDMCDDined on 3/11/2014there were five of us for a birthday lunch. The server(s) were patient with us and with our questions and brought everything in a timely fashion by having more than one server. They were also patient as we lingered to share cards and a present. So it was really a perfect place for a birthday lunch. I had called before and they recommended making a later reservation (1 p.m) so that we wouldn't be holding up anyone else since lunch service ends at 2:30 (I think), though we were not at all hurried out. Really pleasant people and terrific food with some inventive recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy, intimate meeting placeFriendofbillDined on 3/10/2014My dear friend Bill and I choose this as a midway place - he comes from Worcester; I come from Boston (live in the suburbs). He has come to Tomasso a lot and recommended it, and now I too am a fan! The food is delicious, the service very good, the "ambience" is lively and lovely. The wine list is wonderful, and our waitress was very helpful, steering me towards a terrific, dry white wine from Tuscany. What's nice is when great friends can catch up over great food, be left alone (to the right amount) by the service for ease of conversations, and to leave feeling satiated in all ways. I would recommend Tomasso as indeed a gem in the western suburbsSpecial Features:
- LOVE this place!KimWDined on 3/8/2014This is our go-to restaurant in the area. It is an incredibly unique dining experience where you will taste something you have most likely never tasted before. The chef does an amazing job blending flavors creating incredibly savory dishes. We LOVE it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guys night outraystaDined on 3/5/2014I have made it a habit to hit Tomasso's with my 8 year old son after he has finished soccer practice. We love to sit at the "Chef's view" counter and interact with all of the prep Chefs and especially Michelle, the Chef du Cuisine. My son loves the fried calamari and he always has a pizza margherita. During this meal, I started with an excellent risotto soup and followed with the Tortellini al Forno. The gravy was very tasty and the tortellinis cooked perfectly. I like them done al forno since it seems to evaporate any liquid that may be in them. The service was once again excellent and the amount of attention to my son and making sure he eats properly and understands what he is eating is above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chow and Vino...OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/4/2014Lately Tomasso has been impressive... the food excellent. I loved the steak dish but that's not on the current menu... so tried the "grilled heritage pork rack, garlic whipped potatoes with a sweet onion and Jack’s Abby Lager jus"... loved it. Everything our party of 6 had was good. Service, timing was nice. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDI would recommend this to a friend.