Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
2842 S. Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.malcolmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5615406444x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Friday and Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Sunday through Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Wurster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort & Spa offers our guests sweeping views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in a refined setting. Executive Chef Scott Helm's exquisite attention to detail is reflected in each dish. Chef Helm offers a sophisticated twist on traditional favorites and thoughtful sourcing. Our sommelier is available to guide you through our extensive wine selections for a personalized experience. The restaurant also features The Ami Ballroom for private events or wine tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Malcolm's at The Omphoy Ocean Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- The Restaurant was very attractive.StewVIPDined on 11/13/2013The Restaurant was very attractive. The food and service was very good. Problem with the chairs. They were old, and my friend cut her hand on hers. Not a good thing.Special Features:
- The 'Art' Partink6Dined on 11/8/2013I think the reason to go to Malcolm's is for the ambiance--it's a very chic space with its illuminated blue columns and modern lines. The food was very good but not quite exceptional. The service started off impeccably but declined somewhat by the end of the meal when we were left waiting for more coffee (which we never got) and the check. To the waiter's credit, he comped our drinks (the supporting staff took very good care of us the entire time) and so we did not leave unhappy. But really, I had expected more 'art' from the food, given the name.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive wineBelajerryVIPDined on 10/26/2013The dinner and ambiance are very nice, my only observation is that the wine list is very expensive. I think it would be more practical for the average diner to include selections more reasonably priced, the average wine is probably $300 per bottle.Special Features:
- Great service from Tim.. PortionsmooseVIPDined on 10/20/2013Great service from Tim.. Portions small on pork chops and crab cakes. No fish specials. Limited menu and small portion size. the women were satisfied with the filets. . New chef. Why so much change? Salads also very skimpy.Special Features:
- great food and servicekareninboyntobDined on 10/19/2013although i did ask in the reservation with OpenTable to be put at a romantic table next to the water as it was a special occasion of my husband's birthday....neither request was acknowledged...which was a total bummer...but the food and service was excellent. so my only complaint would be that why do they take requests if they don't acknowledge them. Otherwise, the the restaurant was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab FoodnolechkDined on 10/19/2013Such a great meal! Worth every penny. Food was fresh with vibrant flavors...great end to a perfect day at the resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little boringMorganReviewsVIPDined on 10/12/2013Service was a little bit slow (and one server smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke), had a reservation but had to wait for a table, dinner was good, but we all expected a bit more from this chef. Everything about the evening was just ok. Hoping for more from this new(ish) spot in Palm Beach - maybe it will get better!Special Features:
- Great ambiance, rest bahahumbugJustoDined on 10/12/2013Evening started with a not-so-friendly hostes asking us if we "would be using a voucher" when we said "no" she grimace & literally said "Oh well, guess that's ok too" - when we asked for a table by the window, she gave a quick NO, (restaurant was almost empty when we got there). Waiter was nice but short - we notice as more tables were full he engaged more. Ordered a hamburger, which he described as a "great piece of meat" (REALLY) when I took the first bite, thought I biting into a block of salt. It is my fault for not returning it, but the "great piece of meat" was dry and tasteless. He recommended a fried egg with it, which was also very dry. My Wife's fish was good (not great) but the bread was excellent.Special Features:
- A Bad ExperienceidocDined on 9/27/2013This restaurant is over-priced and has terrible service. They did not even have the Chef's Table that was listed in their online menu. I was very disappointed.
- Food wasn't excitingdinner42VIPDined on 9/22/2013I didn't love this place and I had heard so many wonderful things about it. I went there with my sister. The outside on the patio is gorgeous and the waitresses downstairs are sweet. The drink menu is creative even though the list on their site doesn't match what they have at the bar. No bacon infused burbon for the old fashion. I was told it was out of season. I am certain bacon is always in season. I had the strip and my husband and sister had 2 different kinds of fish. It was all OK. Certainly not worth what we paid for. I won't find this restaurant on my calendar of things to do in the future.Special Features:
- When we got to restaurantNanaDined on 9/22/2013When we got to restaurant they didn't found our reservations even though I had made them through Open Table. The service was outstanding, the food was very good. They were out of the wine we wanted and also out of one of the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was OKFLgirlDined on 9/20/2013This restaurant was average. The food average. Service was average but the view was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2013Beautiful room beautiful view. Food ok but they did not have the fish dish available. Service was inattentive and snooty. very disappointed. Wine expensive and skimpy. Would not go back.
- Great weddin Anniversary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2013All the food & drink experience at the Omphoy, including Malcolm's was excellent. It is obvious that they have a chef and a staff that care. At dinner the appetizer crab cakes were delicious and the Cobia was cooked just right, crispy outside and flaky inside. The wine by the glass was also very well selected (Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand) and served from the bottle at the table, as it should be. The beach snacks (fish and chips / chicken lolly-pops) were also generous, tasty and well presented. Drinks (Mojito and Bloddy Mary with tequila) were also top of the line. I recommend the Resort and the Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding crasherfoodiesVIPDined on 9/7/2013The open staircase had the noise from a DJ and wedding from the floor below blasting us to the point we couldn't hold a conversation. Malcolm's is usually a calm peaceful place to have a lovely romantic meal with a fantastic view. Not so when a wedding is booked on the floor below with no apology offered from the staff. We went for Flavor Palm Beach but the menu wasn't offered to us. When we requested the Flavor menu, service and attitude from the staff went downhill. We were seated close enough to see the service offered to others from the same staff so it was quite obvious to us that the servers wanted nothing to do with "Flavor Palm Beach." Sad since "flavor" fills the space at their slowest time of the year.Special Features:
- What a change. . .not for the betteSkayVIPDined on 9/7/2013Having dined last year at Malcolm's we were excited to return. What a disappointment. Obviously there had been a change in chef. Food has gone from exciting and unexpected surprises of balanced well prepared dishes to average and below. Food was barely warm. Treatment of crab cakes was like none I have every experienced and this is not a compliment. Hard to determine just were the restaurant is in the Omphoy. Hostess while pleasant needs more training. Waiter was above average with a few rough edges. I doubt that we will return.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013We stayed at the Omphoy Hotel and chose this restaurant to celebrate a 70th Birthday. We enjoyed the food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor and view outstanding.noisyVIPDined on 8/29/2013Decor and view outstanding. Two meals ordered with one very good and the other only fair. Looking for romantic, great; just don't expect a Michelin star.Special Features:
- Romantic dining, great view,mooseVIPDined on 8/28/2013Romantic dining, great view, impeccable service, and fine foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth it..JimmickaDined on 8/25/2013Had never been to Malcolm's before, stayed at the Omphoy a couple times. Atmosphere of a super expensive restaurant. My girlfriend and I split the shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, I had the tuna steak, she had the crab cake. She put it up there with the best she's ever had, which says a lot! Had a couple glasses of wine, and topped it off with a slice key lime pie. The experience here was really nice.. We got a table by the window to look out at the ocean. The staff was attentive, friendly and accommodating. Also the glasses of wine were huge! They were ~$15/each, but I wasn't expecting to receive that generous of a pour. If we come back to the Omphoy, well definitely come back to Malcolm's, it's expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorely DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013My husband and I read great reviews on Malcolms and decided to try it. Our reservation was for 9:15 (all other times were booked), but we arrived at 8:45. The restaurant was half empty so we were seated right away. We received water right away, but it took our waiter 15 minutes to greet us. When he finally arrived, he did not tell us about the menu or specials, but immediately asked what we'd like to order. Our salads were good, but entrees were nothing to write home about (crab cake and filet). Service was slow the entire night. We were very disappointed and should have gone back to Graze at the Four Seasons where we were staying.
- Location- Location- LocationMichiDined on 8/17/2013The middle of the restaurant faces the ocean with windows from the floor to the cathedral ceiling. Yet, the sides of the restaurant have bench seat tables along the wall and are too cool and drafty. The service was very good until the dessert. We had finished our coffee about 10 minutes before the dessert arrived. We expected some recognition for my husband's birthday but none was given. Our dessert was fair and no signature desserts were available, although our entrees and crab cake appetizer were very good. We would return with guests for the view of the ocean,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and modern location!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013The food was decent, I was expecting more in the dessert area. Nothing really wowed me. Plain old onion rings with the filet and the service was lacking a bit. Very cool location though. The hotel is super nice, definitely an impressive spot for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty on a TuesdayBoilerLeahVIPDined on 8/7/2013I took my mom here on a Tuesday because we had spa appointments and decided it was easier to grab dinner there after. The restaurant was empty! There were only two other occupied tables in the whole place. The appetizers were good. I had the tuna and it was good, but needed heat (they brought me siracha). I got the salmon for my meal and it was ok.. A little dry. My mom got the filet and she was NOT impressed. Although it was cooked to her liking, the meat was not as top quality as she was expecting. Then for dessert, I got the molten cake and it was depressing. You could tell they didn't make them fresh (or probably even in-house) because they were really cakey and the chocolatey center was not molten. Mom got the pecan pie, meh...Special Features:
- What a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2013I had been looking forward to going to the Omphoy all week. We live locally &had never been. The hotel is gorgeous...very chic & beautiful. The bar &restaurant are the same, &the ocean view is perfect. The cocktails were excellent &that's where the praise stops. The food was just plain bad. My husbands "medium" filet mignon was overcooked, not a speck of pink to be found. My grilled snapper much to my surprise came with skin on, lots of bones & dark meat to pick through. Not enjoyable at all. The desserts of key lime pie and molten chocolate cake were stale. It doesn't surprise me, only 4 tables were full when we left at 7:30 on a Friday night. The restaurant is hurting for business and it's easy to tell why. We definitely won't go back.Special Features:
- We had the crab cake as anMcheverieDined on 8/1/2013We had the crab cake as an appetizer. It was the best I've ever had!! I can't wait to go back and have it again! For dinner my husband had the Snapper, which he absolutely loved! I had the filet, which was excellent. I ordered it medium since a filet always comes out undercooked, it was still a little under, it was more like med-rare, but it was delicious as well! I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013The restaurant is very expensive and I didn't think the quality was worth the money.
- we were disappointedbarryVIPDined on 7/20/2013we were very perplexed about the food--the steak tartare was tasteless--the french fries were overcooked and we should have sent them back but didn't--the asparagus was limp from overcooking as well--the tuna tartare was good as were the crab cakes -thekey lime desert was fantastic--we should have started and ended with that--for the pricing they really need to do betterSpecial Features:
- not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/13/2013From the moment we entered the hotel we were impressed with the decor. The restaurant is beautifully understated. The service was attentive. The food was delicious and presented very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view and top service.mooseVIPDined on 7/10/2013Spectacular view and top service. food was not inspiring. very limited menueSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedBill77VIPDined on 7/4/2013We had a great meal here. The view is spectacular. The service was great. And the food was very good as well. It's a little bit off the beaten track So it doesn't get very crowded. But I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRANK & LUCILLEfrankVIPDined on 7/1/2013If you a nice quiet, delightful ,enjoyable evening this is the place. Great views of the ocean, delicious food, and great food. We've put Malcolm's on our favorite list. Thanks to our waiter, Saif, for making our evening so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaurant.DineoutspecialistVIPDined on 6/28/2013We celebrated our anniversary on the 28th of June and ate at Malcolm"s overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The waiter greeted us with 2 glasses of Champagne. So we made a toast. The food is remarkable. I had a well done FIllet which was cooked to perfection. It was thick and juicy and tender....My husband had a pork chop...and it also was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this wonderful place to eat at the Omphoy Ocean Resort!...You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageoriginalwablyDined on 6/16/2013It was our first time there and from all we could tell, the experience might be a better one "in season". We were told they have a different menu then. Even if the menu were more interesting/creative, their service could use some polish. Great ocean views.Special Features:
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013The menus that were presented looked nothing like what I found online. Instead, they displayed what looked like could be on an all-day room service menu. Too bad. At least the view was good!Special Features:
- Great food, service and viewLuvFLbeachesDined on 6/15/2013My wife and I dined at Malcom's for our anniversary. The food, service and overall experience was outstanding, and we will definitely be back. We also had a table with a beautiful view of the Atlantic, which made this dinner even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with friends and allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013Went with friends and all four of us ordered something different. All appys, salads and entres were delicious. The staff and service were enpeckable. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Oceanside DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2013Malcom's - The Art of Food, despite the pretentious name, is a lovely room in the Omphoy Hotel. The night we dined at the start of the "off season" it was very quiet. The view, over the beach to the Atlantic was tranquil and calming and that all worked together with the low-key space and the music. Our entrees were very nice. The rack of lamb with a chickpea cannoli was imaginative and perfectly cooked. The veal loin was also delicious, although the bacon wrapping may have obscured the delicate flavor of the veal a bit much. Overall, we had a very nice meal and the service as excellent throughout. Compared with the prices of many of the places in Palm Beach proper, this is worth a drive down the beach for its lovely setting and fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional experiencereadytodineDined on 5/31/2013A wonderful diversified menu with an amazing view.Malcolm's offers fine dining which will not empty your wallet.I had a strip steak and my wife enjoyed a 2 1/2 pound lobster perfectly prepared and removed from it's shell.For an appetizer I had the lobster risotto and my wife enjoyed crab stufffed avocado which were both recommended by our attentive waiter.Both made our mouths water!! We finished with the Creme Brulee the Kit Kat Bar(chocolate cake treat),Our service was perfect and the lovely ambiance of the restaurant will make you look forward to your next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a 5TahiaVIPDined on 5/27/2013Beautiful restaurant, location and views. Modern. Fun, creative menu but... the food was a 4 out of 5. Chilled corn soup was a 3, not good. Morel ravioli was over salted. Dessert was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.