Porters on the Lane
19 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Porters on the Lane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portersonthelane.com/
- Phone: 6318036067
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday Saturday & Sunday's 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sundays 4:00pm - 10pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jesse March
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On & Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of special event menus to fit all of your catering needs both on and off premise. From birthdays & showers to weddings Porters on the lane can meet your needs. Please call for more information on pricing and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jenni Giannott 6318036067
- Entertainment: Live music - Wednesday Nights 7-10 Thursdays Nights 8-11 Fridays & Saturday Nights 9-12
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday thru Friday 4-7pm offered at the bar & bar tables only Includes -half price draught beers & half price wines by the glass & half price appetizers!
Mondays are margarita mondays at Porters with a special mexican themed menu in addition to our regular menu with $5 margaritas to choose from!
Available throughout entire restaurant and the bar!
Sunday Football - Porters has got you covered with a special $6 menu & half price draught beers - available at the bar and bar tables only
A word from Porters on the Lane
Porters on the Lane features an American menu. Highlighting steaks and seafood. Served in casual atmosphere with a choice of dining areas & menu options for any palette. There are four dining areas to choose from as well as the bar - The main dining room is spacious with navy & white decor located at the front of the restaurant with windows overlooking the porch & Bellport lane. Then we have the fireplace room which is located in the back of the restaurant, this quaint room has beautiful ivory tin walls & ceilings. A working stone fireplace from floor to ceiling which always makes this room popular in the winter or for private parties! We also have seating in the bar section at high top tables. Then the last option is the front porch which is open seasonally & weather permitting. This is a beautiful space for outdoor dining & certainly the most requested area when available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Porters on the Lane - Best Restaurants in Bellport ›
Porters on the Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (57)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (29)good for groups (25)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)Show More
- EnjoyableUnomeDined on 6/8/2014All in all eating at porters was pleasent. The food was good I always get there calamari. Also the service is always friendly attentive and consistent. This was my third time dinning here I never had a bad experience. Had a chicken sandwich which was a little dry but I'll be back I like this spot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014After attending 42nd Street at the The Gateway Playhouse-this was a wonderful end to our date night. It was lovely and the food was plentiful and delicious!Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesMastershakeDined on 5/30/2014Porters is one of my favorite local spots. Food, service and atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:
- jpfoodDined on 5/30/2014Great food and service but noise level is deafening. Cannot rec do to that only. Its unfortunate because the food , service and location is great.
- Great, cozy, home-like rest.remaggDined on 5/28/2014Great, cozy, home-like restaurant. Must get there again to dine on the Patio.Special Features:
- ReviewnoneDined on 5/27/2014Great food, great service - absolutely nothing to complain about. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great placeDisappointedDined on 5/24/2014Had a reservation for 8 people for 6:15 and our table was ready but we were asked if we wanted to gave a drink at the bar first and relax and than we would be seated. Very niceSpecial Features:
- No return visitCarolDined on 5/24/2014Place is very cute, but the noise level was truly deafening; like being at a wedding band so loud you cannot have a conversation. We will find alternative when going to theatre. Not at all relaxing.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 5/22/2014Very varied menu with steaks, hamburgers, fish, all well prepared. I love eating here before the Gateway Theater.Special Features:
- fit4FoodDined on 5/22/2014We Love Porters!!! great atmosphere.. the servers are happy and well educated on menu and wines. the busy buss girl keeps the tables tidy. and the porch is the best seat in town. the food was great. left very satisfied and looking forward to another great experience at Porters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 331 reviews are from the Porters on the Lane reviews archive.
- JeanniegirlDined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent & the service was very friendly & accommodating. We were a group of 10 & our dinners came together for our group & the wait was short. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fit4FoodDined on 5/17/2014excellentand servce were perfect.. sit on the porch if you can.. great way to spend the afternoon!!!Special Features:
- TruffleSilvasDined on 5/16/2014Several dishes with truffles including mashed potatoes which were delicious. I came here on a recommendation. My nephew raved about the truffle raviolis but I was enticed by the roasted chicken with truffled mashed potatoes and I'm glad I chose it. It was very tasty and juicy. It was a Friday night and the bar was busy but not Rudy. The dining room is separate. In warmer weather you could have dinner on the tables outside. The only negative is that the waitress didn't come back to check on us until the meal was done. She was initially attentive but not after the meal was delivered. Not as attentive as I would expect. I will be back for those raviolis.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014There was a table near us which was VERY noisy also noise from the bar was also loud. It was so bad I kept saying "sorry I can't hear you" . The woman across the table from me kept saying "what I can't hear". The noise ruined what I think would have been a really nice dinner. I would lthink long and hard before I would go there again.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJrodDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food drinks and service. Look forward to coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-deafening Noise LevelGolfpatDined on 5/3/2014We liked everything about Porter's on the Lane, except for the noise level. We could barely hold a conversation with our friends whom we hadn't seen in a long time. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The food was excellent. We will go back, but request an outside table when the weather gets warmer. They really need to do something for noise reduction. Drapes, rugs, or something to soften the all wood restaurant might be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timewineanddineDined on 4/26/2014Great place. Had dinner with friends for a birthday celebration. Food was great. Loved the nautical décor. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friends and familykmp211Dined on 4/26/2014We recently enjoyed a dinner with friends and family at Porters on the Lane for my wife's birthday. We had a large party (of 9) and all had a great time. The food, atmosphere, and service were all awesome and although the restaurant was very busy, we were happy to see that our table was ready right on time. Highly recommend the short ribs, and the dessert trios are a must try!Special Features:
- special day diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We were seated promptly with plenty of room. Food came out in a reasonable time and was all very good. Bread baskets and drinks were always replenished. Great dinner not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! well appointedSausagekingofchicagoDined on 4/14/2014Delicious! well appointed decor great staff... drinks were very good and the food was just greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Faces and FoodDevoteeDined on 3/15/2014Service terrific, staff friendly, great selection of food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- porters on the lanejessDined on 3/15/2014Such a great spot. My fiance and I love coming here for any occasion.Special Features:
- DeliciousJSizzleDined on 3/9/2014Great food, great waitress. Thank you for another enjoyable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PortersCiroDined on 3/8/2014My overall experience was very good, just a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!mamakinDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. A little loud but it was Saturday night and very busy. Food was well prepared with generous portions. Service was quick and polite. Surprisingly it did not feel like a restaurant in Bellport, both the ambience and clientele seemed more like what you would expect in the Hamptons or even Connecticut.Special Features:
- Quaint place in a cozy little townAncientWarriorDined on 3/2/2014My wife and I went there for lunch. The menu was limited, but what we had was very good. Back dining room has a nice fireplace and only 6 tables, making for a comfortable, warm ambiance. Will have to give it a try for dinner next time, and during warmer weather so we can eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eaten there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Eaten there several times and have never been disappointed with my dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!BillDined on 3/1/2014Great food, great service, insanely awesome dessert menu to cap off a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic or Not, Your ChoiceKayleeDined on 2/27/2014The front is a vibrant bar scene. The small back room is cozy with a roaring fire. Have it your way, but either way, the food and service cannot be faulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGuinnessblokeDined on 2/26/2014We eat here a lot. They never get it wrong. Food always consistently very good.Special Features:
- Looking for a fireplaceFoodieLiteDined on 2/16/2014Porters was cute with a warm cozy atmosphere on a cold miserable night. They were very accommodating with my request to be seated near the fire. But literally wedged into a corner with half the table behind the fire and the other with a side glance of the fire, stuck staring into the corner and next to a drafty window. I started with the beat salad very tasty. Golden beats were a nice addition, but a bit hard. 2 rolls delivered with a delicious herbed butter. Service a little slow. Short ribs were very good. Perfect with the mashed potatoes and the cold night. My husband enjoyed the salmon over polenta. Would definitely return but try sitting in the main dining room. The bar area was very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not disappointedChrisDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ate at Porters for valentines day. It's a nice little restaurant -maybe a little loud (there's a bar area that's partially open to the dining room), but we were definitely able to carry on a normal conversation. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good and a nice selection. My wife chose a filet off the menu that was not available, but there was a special that was a suitable alternative. The price was fair in my mind. My only criticism was the craft beer selection was wanting a bit, although they did had a few to pick from. Altogether it was a pleasurable experience, and I will definitely eat there in the future which I guess is the best indicator in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish beyond Delish as alwaysGfxgirlDined on 2/14/2014Porters on the Lane is in my top 3 favorite restaurants on Long Island. We were just there on Valentines day with a few couples. We all ordered Fillet Mignon. As always cooked to perfection. I love, the gorganzola cream to put on top... I always order the sauted spinach. It's heavenly. We ordered the brussel sprouts and were even more delicious than the spinach. Another great dish is the short ribs. These to are cooked to perfection. If you enjoy a wedge salad, go for it. The blue cheese is so good. We also enjoy the shrimp cocktail . It always fresh and ice cold cooked perfect. With all the times I have ate here, we have never complained once about our meals. Go make a reservation and see for yourself.. You wont be sorry.Special Features:
- Porter's was just what we wantedShamrockDined on 2/8/2014We went early since we had our kids with us so that if the kids got unruly they wouldn't bother anyone else. We were the only ones eating dinner at the time which is great. Good food. Great service. We were unhappy to find out that the Lobster Mac n Cheese was taken off the menu. We were a huge fan of it. and everyone knows Porters for it. Shocked they took it off the menu. The server as great as she was didn't come over to us for the first 10 min. We wanted to order drinks and apps and also the kids meals (they get hungry quickly esp when they're in a restaurant and can smell whats going on lol). The Craft beer selection here is non-existent. This shocks me too. I went with a Guinness because every other choice didn't excite me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulnellieDined on 2/2/2014Love this restaurant. Everyone who greeted or served us were really pleasant. Food was delicious. Service was great. Really nice menu that pleases everyone from foodies to picky eaters. Would love to go back in warmer weather and take advantage of the patio. Very nice evening:)Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014The food was very good. The menu had a good variety.The only negative is the restaurant was very noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and fun staff, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014excellent and fun staff, great food very creative good prices... cant beat the happy hour deals... come early to get a bar table to enjoy. place is clean and well decorated...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the decor, wait staffCinniDined on 1/24/2014I loved the decor, wait staff pleasant an attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurant, satOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014excellent restaurant, sat by the roaring fireplace.. lovely nautical theme great staff... had one of the best steaks I have ever had. I can tell the the sauces were made from scratch... don't skip dessert!! they rock!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party timebcassDined on 1/17/2014The night was special, to fete a friend leaving for a new life in the south. The food and wine and spirits were great and the service stayed on topo f our party even though a busy Friday night. Those choosing the special loved their dishes and those picking from the menu were not disappointed. We have been there in all seasons inside and out, quiet or booming.... always great. Love the dinners but lunch and brunch have been great too. Try it, you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.