Porters on the Lane
19 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Porters on the Lane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portersonthelane.com/
- Phone: 6318036067
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday Saturday & Sunday's 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sundays 4:00pm - 10pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jesse March
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On & Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of special event menus to fit all of your catering needs both on and off premise. From birthdays & showers to weddings Porters on the lane can meet your needs. Please call for more information on pricing and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jenni Giannott 6318036067
- Entertainment: Live music - Wednesday Nights 7-10 Thursdays Nights 8-11 Fridays & Saturday Nights 9-12
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday thru Friday 4-7pm offered at the bar & bar tables only Includes -half price draught beers & half price wines by the glass & half price appetizers!
Mondays are margarita mondays at Porters with a special mexican themed menu in addition to our regular menu with $5 margaritas to choose from!
Available throughout entire restaurant and the bar!
Sunday Football - Porters has got you covered with a special $6 menu & half price draught beers - available at the bar and bar tables only
A word from Porters on the Lane
Porters on the Lane features an American menu. Highlighting steaks and seafood. Served in casual atmosphere with a choice of dining areas & menu options for any palette. There are four dining areas to choose from as well as the bar - The main dining room is spacious with navy & white decor located at the front of the restaurant with windows overlooking the porch & Bellport lane. Then we have the fireplace room which is located in the back of the restaurant, this quaint room has beautiful ivory tin walls & ceilings. A working stone fireplace from floor to ceiling which always makes this room popular in the winter or for private parties! We also have seating in the bar section at high top tables. Then the last option is the front porch which is open seasonally & weather permitting. This is a beautiful space for outdoor dining & certainly the most requested area when available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Porters on the Lane - Best Restaurants in Bellport ›
Porters on the Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)great for outdoor dining (56)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (29)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)Show More
- Excellent food, service andDawnDined on 10/8/2011Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Didn't feel rushed and were able to enjoy our meal. Very attentive to our children also. Definitely not a place for children who can't behave in a restaurant, so it was perfect for us to enjoy our meal with our children and not have to deal with someone else's children causing a problem. Great for all types of groups. Loved it!!Special Features:
- Server recommendations wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2011Server recommendations were very helpful. Every course was delicious. really enjoyed the tuna tartare tacos and the profiteroles for dessert.Special Features:
- Awesome food,loud atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The food was awesome with the exception of my daughters chicken fingers, which were over cooked and dry. When I mentioned the food to our waitress, she spoke to th manager and the item was taken off the bill. It was very loud in the dining area and even louder at the bar. You couldn't have a conversation without yelling over the noise. The lighting was too low and made reading the menu difficult.Special Features:
- way overpriced for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2011way overpriced for the quality of food served The"special", rib-eye steak was not too special I asked for it prepared medium-rare, and it was medium to medium-well The lobster mac n cheese was a huge let down. Strings of lobster meat, instead of chunks, and it was missing something Most of the food tasted like it was missing something Poorly seasoned Service was just "ok": will not return, not recommend
- the food was pricey for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011the food was pricey for what what's on the plate and it was not done to my satisfaction .porsche service from the way to end a person
- This was our second visitsusieDined on 9/9/2011This was our second visit to Porters -- we were going to The Gateway for the theatre -- we ate out on the porch -- dinner was superb and service was great. We will go back soon and bring our friends next time.Special Features:
- service was a little slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011service was a little slow, but overall very enjoyable dinner, amazing foodSpecial Features:
- An off night. A big privatefrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/30/2011An off night. A big private party on Tuesday and we suffered for it. Had to pack up our main dishes and leave after 90 minutes (appetizers took 40 minutes to come out). We arrived at 6:15 and had an 8PM curtain 5 minutes down the road. Barely made it. Waitress said computer went down. Maitre D said the ticket got lost. Total lack of organization.
- Get thee to Porter's!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2011Porter's is a regular for us now ... This visit was great The flatiron steak was fantastic as was the lobster mac and cheese. Service was very good and food arrived at a great pace. Our favorite.Special Features:
- Good place to bring peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011Good place to bring people to show them a good time.Special Features:
- The food was quite good butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2011The food was quite good but the staff and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Everyone IkathyDined on 8/16/2011Excellent food! Everyone I was with raved about their orders. It is a very noisy place! Part of the problem is that there is nothing - no fabric or carpet - to absorb the sound. The front porch looked quieter but we were seated in the main dining room.Special Features:
- Went there for dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2011Went there for dinner and it was very load due to a party but put us in a quiet back room, which was perfect. Food and atmosphere were great. Will be going back again to sit outside on the porch.Special Features:
- This was a nice surprise asOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2011This was a nice surprise as this area has a small grouping of nice places to eat. Porters was good across the board with the food as our table entrees ranged from steak, to pasta, to salad.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a fabulous apptetizerdvig0216Dined on 8/13/2011Enjoyed a fabulous apptetizer and dinner. We liked the many choices and seasonal vegetables. Everyone was friendly and attentive. We went here before going to the Gateway Playhouse in Bellport for a show. Wonderful...Special Features:
- Not a great valueDrRMPDined on 8/9/2011Food was good not great. Tuna tacos were outstanding though, the rest ok. Service was not very good. Kitchen is slow and makes mistakes. Multiple servers, very disorganized, many mistakes in order and service. Entrees not brought out together, mistake made twice with the appetizer. Didn't clear used glasses unless asked. The waitress was pleasant but had the whole outside deck, so she was overworked. A bit pricey, so the value is not really there given the overall experience.
- NOISEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011Food was OK However the noise was terrible. Absolutely terrible. The Happy Hour action in the bar was extremely loud. I spoke to owner. He acknowledged noise was too loud, that was just the way it was. Noise absolutely ruined the dinner. Did not stay for dessert and coffee. Too Loud.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do not recommend the place to anyone.
- Interesting, creative foodfrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/9/2011Interesting, creative food even if you can't eat on the porch. (It was raining.)Special Features:
- Some of the best food consistentlyJavaDined on 10/30/2010Some of the best food consistently I have ever eaten. Large and juicy oysters. Great short ribs and the best blueberry pie/cobbler I've ever eaten. I would go there just for that.Special Features:
- Dinner was fantastic and theyTheEVPDined on 7/30/2010Dinner was fantastic and they even accommodated my request for an outdoor table but it meant a 45 minute delay, which is okay considering there are very limited tables outside and the demand for them is high. The Clam Chowder is to die for and is the best I've ever had (beats Legal Seafood!), the risotto was cooked to perfection and the scallops seared perfectly. My only complaint was that the scallops could have been cleaned a bit better as there were a few grains of sand that made themselves known when chewing. Nothing major but not a pleasing thing either. Creme Brulee was awesome! Service was superb!Special Features: