11675 North 136th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85259Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4803140365
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Danilo Sodano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We happily can arrange to provide food for your catering needs. We do not provide wait staff, as we prepare everything for catering as a buffet style.
- Private Party Facilities: We will only accommodate private parties of 30 or more by closing the restaurant for a fee. All dishes and special dishes can be requested for these occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Nantas Sodano 480-203-4854
A word from Casa Mia
Casa Mia is the authentic Italian Cuisine experience. Our family moved to the U.S. in 1993 from Sorrento, Italy (a province of Naples). We came straight to Scottsdale so none of our palates were altered from the flavors they were familiar with. Casa Mia means "my home", and just like at home our food is made to meet our standards of taste. All of our ingredients are of the finest quality, from home made pastas, organic produce, and now organic grass fed beef. Our wine list features only Italian wines, and is always a work in progress as we are always searching for new surprising flavors!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Casa Mia - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Casa Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (23)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Casa Mia's New LocationExCasaMiaLoverDined on 4/26/2014Our first visit to the new location at first sight was great open area and decorated nicely. The bad news is that the noise level, due to bare concrete floors, sounds like a cafeteria; so unlike the ambience and mood at the old place. We always received great food but last night the wait time for our entree was very long and my husband's veal was overcooked and cold. Sorry, but we will not be returning.
- Not your everyday ItalianAZdinerDined on 4/26/2014Casa Mia is far off the beaten path, and they have recently moved about 1/4 mile to a new location, but people find them anyway. The food is wonderful--each in our party of four had a different entree, two of them the evening's specials, and one a dish that satisfied the question, "What is your best seafood pasta?" Service is friendly and knowledgable (our waiter was the chef/owner's son). The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. Prices are higher than typical of Italian places, but commensurate with food and wine quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by friends...LoveGreatFoodDined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. Our group sampled each other's dishes and loved them all. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntoeatVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love the new ambience and decor - great art and lighting in particular. The food and service remain outstanding. A bit noisier but more happening. Still warm, friendly, personal. A great spot that we never miss when we are in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pasta !OliveOliveVIPDined on 4/17/2014Always enjoy Casa MIa's pasta ! Kid friendly and great service !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014The menu is authentic and ingredients very fresh. Selections are different and delicious. Lots of choices for vegetarian and for diners who make healthy meal choices. The staff are friendly and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cold, Second timeLuv2dineVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food was cold, Second time we have been there and been somewhat disappointed.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantRocketDined on 4/12/2014We think this is our favorite Italian restaurant outside of Italy. We were pleasantly surprised to find it in Scottsdale. We have been about 10 times and each time we feel that we have confirmed our conviction. When we take friends we generally tell them to listen carefully to the specials as one can't go wrong with one of these. But we also have dishes we really like on the standard menu. Last night several thought the gnocchi I ordered off the standard menu was the best of the table, but other thought the lobster pasta special or the seafood risotto special was the best. We enjoyed sharing the tastes. We find the service attentive, atmosphere good, and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeanDined on 4/11/2014We are still talking about how good our meals were and have said that we will have to go to Casa Mia more often. We live in Fountain Hills and it's an easy drive. Very definitely will go again soon.Special Features:
- COnsistently GreatScottsdaleShawnDined on 4/5/2014We have been to his restaurant at least a dozen times over the years. The food and service have never disappointed. We have brought different sets of friends with us, and in every case, it has become of of their favorites as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring the Bottle Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Although we very much enjoyed our dinner the other night, we found it quite inattentive that a staff member (not a waitperson) attempted to take away our wine bottle when it was still 1/3 full. Inexcusable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Will return.MameVIPDined on 4/5/2014Delicious food. Will return. Only hesitation is that is in a location far from our home, wish it were closer.
- Bar DinnerprotocoljgVIPDined on 3/30/2014Casual yet attentive service with food as wonderful as always. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Mia delightlove2eatDined on 3/30/2014This is your typical community restaurant where you feel like you are coming home to eat. We eat here fairly often and the owners who run the kitchen and wait on the tables recognize us and treat us well. This does not have the hype of a "Big Name" place but if we want "down home" cooked Italian food served in a cozy, comfortable intimate setting this is the place. You can also call ahead and set up for groups (this is necessary because it is not a big place) and everyone finds food they like It is a bit more expensive than other places of its type,,, however,,, we always go away happy.Special Features:
- Sorry, but our first and onlySCreekerDined on 3/27/2014Sorry, but our first and only experience was just mediocre. Service was slow and the food was very bland. The Fruitti de Mare was mosty spaghetti and overcooked calamari. There was little sauce and a fair amount of rubbery calamari. The 3 mussels were tasty. Dry, dry. The hostess was lovely, but we just won't be returning.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Love the place. Great family. Best kept secret in north scottadaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysRegularDined on 3/21/2014We eat here on a regular basis. Since this was a special occasion, we called in advance and requested a special dish which the chef gladly made as the special that evening. They're moving about 500 ft south of their current location in about a month to a larger space which is good news as it gets crowded even during the week. Family run, always fresh food, Italian wine you can't find anywhere else. Simply love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go every weeksasyDined on 3/16/2014The food is excellent and the service has always been very good, this is one of our favorite places for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost outstandingIzzyDined on 3/16/2014I love the food at this upscale Italian restaurant. The menu has interesting offerings, but it is the daily specials that always attrack me. While I like the friendly AMD warm atmosphere, the service was just a bit too leisurely for my taste. I am sure it had to do with the single waiter for the entire room, though he was assisted by a busser who also delivered plates. When we received his attention, the waiter was warm and helpful. I would definitely return and send others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBretDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I tried Casa Mia for our anniversary dinner. The inside of the restaurant is nicely laid out and the decor is very colorful and charming. The menu is diverse with an excellent variety of flavors and textures. We started with the Burrata which was centered around an excellent Buffalo mozzarella. My wife had the Insalata Mista and I the Insalata Cesare. Both salads were very fresh and perfectly dressed. My wife then had the Spaghetti Alla Checca and I had a special of Pappardelle with a light lobster cream sauce. Though both were made with very simple ingredients, the preparation was brilliant, and the flavors were simply amazing. We finished with a molten chocolate tart with a raspberry coulis - the perfect end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMarcoDined on 3/15/2014We love Casa Mia because we dined with them when the family had a place in Positano, Italy. Great family and great food.Special Features:
- Darn close to very good ItalianbuffaloknukDined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed all the food (bread, veal, risotto) with the following exceptions: 1- caesar salad made without romaine lettuce, but with predominantly white iceberg lettuce, and low garlic and cheese flavors 2- calamari done in a marinara like sauce was chewy 3- mashed potatoes and green bean as veggies in Italian restaurant? Served hot. Happy staff. Great pepper mill. Strip mall location, but great interior. ciao!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodKrittyAZVIPDined on 3/13/2014We have been coming here for a few months and have had good service and great food each time. The place is small, so be sure and make a reservation, especially for Friday and Saturday nights. It can get a bit noisy, but we've always been able to carry on a conversation. You might also notice that the "regulars" will get lots of attention with servers and owners stopping to say hello. A nice touch, but can service for other tables to slow a bit until all the greetings are done. Still, I'm sure it's nice if you are one of the regulars! I recommend this restaurant for the food, the service, and the comfortable room.Special Features:
- Italian Neighborhood GemGMacKayDined on 3/12/2014We took our friends who were visiting, this was our first visit, it was so wonderful. Great food, great service. We will definitely visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our evening withopenmouthDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed our evening with great food and service. The pace of the meal was just as we had hoped and we felt very welcome in this family run business. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asAAlanVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food was excellent as always, however, we were forced to wait for 30 minutes for our reservation. Even with Open Table, the restaurant clearly booked more reservations that they had any chance of handling. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit and eat at the bar. We declined. Not what we envisioned with an Open Table reservation. The food and service however, once we were seated, was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant Need More ServersMare2014Dined on 3/1/2014The food was good however I felt that more than one server was needed. I felt sorry for the server he was there on his own with no help. The place was crowded which was good but we had to wait awhile for our food and wine. I think they need to really get their act together on service or they will end up losing customers rather than gaining them, I used to come to this restaurant once a week but it was nice to come back after not being there for a few years. I personally won't be coming back though have found better Italian restaurants. Wish them all the best and success in their move to a larger location.Special Features:
- Third time we've eaten here.BoboDined on 2/27/2014Third time we've eaten here. Food and experience gets better each time. Love the fact we had mother and daughter serve us. Attention to detail is impressive. Lasagna special was rich and tasty. One of our group (of 8) had kitchen "surprise" her with their choice and was most pleased with the pasta dish presented to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food andDaleDined on 2/23/2014Consistently great food and service. Everyone at the table was happy with their choices. Quality ingredients, excellent preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but felt neglectedTyroneVIPDined on 2/21/2014Good food but felt neglected service-wise.Went @ 5 on a Fri.
- Bar DinnerprotocoljgVIPDined on 2/19/2014Eat at bar to watch Olympics and enjoyed the same great food, service and family atmosphere. This gem sparkles as always!!!Special Features:
- Our Favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2014Casa Mia is a lovely, quaint, family-owned restaurant. The food is consistently delicious with an excellent Italian wine list. The staff is very nice and makes their guests feel welcome. Our dining experience is always special, and we look forward to our next evening at Casa Mia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!KeisaDined on 2/15/2014We had another great evening at Casa Mia. I had the Sea Bass with Artichokes and my partner had the Pasta special with Turkey white sauce. They were both specials and fabulous. Had the Calamari for an appetizer…it was a little tough…overcooked. Had the Tiramisu for dessert and it was the best I have had in a long time. I took the recommendation for wine and it was lovely. We will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Bit of Italy in the "burbs"PiccDined on 2/15/2014Casa Mia genuinely brings you into an Italian dining experience nestled into a sleepy strip mall in a residential section of Scottsdale. Worth a visit for locals and visitors alike. The sweet potato soup special was creamy and tasty, and the frutta del mar was top notch. To me the disappointment was the Caesar salad, in a cereal bowl with mediocre dressing. Molten lava dessert worth the calories. Our server made exceptional efforts to meet dietary needs and was attentive and personable. We had early dining time on busy Valentine weekend, but the restaurant filled quickly. Make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I lived in Italy for a few years and thought we'd never find a restaurant to equal those found there. We're delighted to have been wrong! Casa Mia is a true Italian gem! It has a relaxed, cozy atmosphere, and the food is wonderful, especially their tomato soup! Be sure to order the pappardelle with lobster if available! It was unbelievably good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Very welcoming when entering. Friendly host & hostess. Food was exceptionally prepared and presented. The waiters and waitress completed their duties very well. I was expecting more interaction and friendliness from them. We would recommend Casa Mia to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Mia - a delightful Italian gemLeemurDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I shared Valentine's Day at Casa Mia and enjoyed a fabulous special evening. Their food has never disappointed us. And their staff does wonders at making our evening feel special. We went there to make the Holiday special and enjoyed a tasty and wonderful evening. We started with the Calamari in Umido. Wonderfully prepared and delicious! The spaghetti Al Frutti De Mari was perfection. And my wife's dish, the Risotto of the day was "excellent!" We'll be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain Hide A WayBATNAVIPDined on 2/8/2014Tucked into the side of a mountain in eastern Scottsdale is a gem of an Italian restaurant. The family atmosphere leads you to believe that you are dining at their home and the meal was prepared only for you and your wife. The flavors were outstanding, the presentation was artistic, supported by the fact that the dishes were themselves a piece of art. They were colorful and enhanced the meal. The wine suggested by the son perfectly complemented the fish dish, which itself was light, flavorful and unique with capers and homemade pasta. Desert was homemade bread pudding with raisons, which considering it was made with Italian bread was light and fluffy. There is no doubt that we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like HomeprotocoljgVIPDined on 2/1/2014Casa Mia is like going home for Sunday dinner. Always greeted warmly, treated like family and fantastic Italian food and specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed CasaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014We have always enjoyed Casa Mia... the food is consistent and good and the service and atmosphere fits our family and distance.Special Features: