The Frog and Turtle
3 Bridge Street
Westbrook, ME 04092Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
The Frog and Turtle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefrogandturtle.com/
- Phone: 207-591-4185
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am -1:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: James Tranchemontagne
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: James or Sasha 207 591 4185
- Entertainment: Wednesdays: Live music from 7:30 to 10:00pm Thursday: Tony Boffa Trio 7 to 9:30pm Friday: Friday Night Music Show 9 to 11 lot of great local acts.
A word from The Frog and Turtle
What is a gastro pub?” Gastronomy is the study of preparing and consuming food. A pub is a neighborhood spot for affordable food and good times. When you combine the two you get a neighborhood spot with a focus on food prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
The Frog and Turtle - Best Restaurants in Westbrook ›
The Frog and Turtle reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (21)great for brunch (18)good for groups (17)hot spot (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Delicious!PrtlfoodDined on 4/20/2014Great food, in a really cool space! The space is a little small and the quarters were tight but the food was so delicious and out waitress was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakVinalDined on 4/18/2014Friday night had one of the most flavorful steack that I have evver had in Portland Maine. Brought the in-laws and they were extremily impressed with the food.Special Features:
- We always have a fabulousClaraDined on 4/11/2014We always have a fabulous time at the Frog snd Turtle! Love the drinks, the poutine, and the music!Special Features:
- A must visitVinalDined on 4/11/2014Great scene for excellent food and music. A Friday night favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceReggieDined on 4/9/2014I would recommend making a reservation to avoid having to wait. People tend to sit there longer than the meal they eat, so they aren't always good at estimating how long it will be before you get a table. We were told 15 minutes and sat there for an hour before leaving because there was still not table the last time we tried here. This time we made a reservation and everything was very good. Flat bread pizza, beef stew, good well drinks. Very good service. Would definitely recommend, and eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting space with friendsabsinthekitchenDined on 4/4/2014Very cozy space with great atmosphere, friendly service, interesting menu withlots of variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recently graduated fromHEYitsMAINEYDined on 4/3/2014I recently graduated from the culinary institute and this in my opinion is one of the best restaurants in MaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatMornoDined on 4/1/2014Second time, no complaints. Love the poutine appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch and donuts asJenDDined on 3/30/2014Great brunch and donuts as always! Wished we lived closer so we could is it more often!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The wife and I got a rare night away from the kids. We left the house at 4, did some shopping, booked our reservation via Open Table on our way into our 4:40 movie, showed up early and were shown to our table where we proceeded to have another fantastic meal at Frog & Turtle. We always start with cheese and charcuterie, at least one appetizer, and an entrée each. We added a special appetizer and went with both entrée specials. Each course was excellent and timed well to meet our pace.Special Features:
- The appetizer and meals soundedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The appetizer and meals sounded better than they tasted. There was just something savory missing from every dish. We very much wanted to like it, but were disappointed.Special Features:
- ShockedShockedDined on 3/28/2014I was there with two co-workers for our 5:30 reservation and we were told that we had to leave because the 7:30 reservation was waiting for their table. We didn't realize there was a time limit. We were shocked to say the least!! We've never had that happen before at a restaurant. So unfortunately, we probably won't be back......
- Always a Great Time!Lirpa10412Dined on 3/23/2014We love F&T, food is always excellent and servers are always friendly and knowledgeable! One of our favorite go-to spots!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service. DiamondWebsterDined on 3/21/2014Great Food and Service. Diamond in the rough. Can't wait to go again. Thank you Jessie for geat service and helping to celebrate my wifes birthday. We had a GREAT time !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far, my favorite restaurantMauraDined on 3/19/2014By far, my favorite restaurant in the Greater Portland area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining Experiancevoter27Dined on 3/15/2014My wife and I love the Frog and Turtle. We have only been there twice but everytime is outstanding. The waitress I believe was named Rachell, was great and knew the menu like the back of her hand. She was very polite and explained everything to us in great detail. Donw to the spices in the Fries. The only complaint that we have was that we made reservations for 1630 throught the website, because it stated that they were open at 1600. We got there and they were not serving food until 1700. That was a very minor complait, and no reflextion on the staff or food. WONDERFUL PLACE FOR A DATE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three out of four very good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Basically, we all had a good time, but our son's meal wasn't great. (although the rest of us enjoyed ours) He ordered the chili as an appetizer and it was so spicy hot that none of us could get more than a spoonful down. For his entree, he ordered the pork shank and was disappointed at its lack of flavor. We also all tasted it and agreed.Special Features:
- Love the Frog & TurtleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Not our first time here. Will return again. Like it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome gemTrishDined on 3/6/2014Unique and delicious food with great staff. We plan to be regulars ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchNewmoonDined on 2/23/2014The food is good, prices average. A nice place to go for Sunday Brunch. Wish they had lower fat and gluten free choices.Special Features:
- I got the best piece of salmonSJ76Dined on 2/22/2014I got the best piece of salmon I've ever eaten. It tasted like they had just pulled it out of the sea, the best! And Sara our server is excellant! I've had her as a server 4x now and she is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Love it..just wish they would send there repeat customers like me coupons or dealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite placeVinalDined on 2/21/2014Friday night at our little round table or at the bar has become our new favorite. The food is wonderful, service is great and the staff is very friendly. Requested a particular table through Open Table and the restuarant was able to accomdate us. The music is enjoyable and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchBostonDined on 2/16/2014Haven't been to the restaurant for a while and went to bunch for the for the time (heard it was awesome). I was impressed with food and service, and support the "awesome" rating. Really loved, the "neighborhood" feel, really felt warm and comfortable! Can't wait until next time!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014We had a reservation for brunch but wound up waiting over an hour and a half to be served. People arrived ing 20 minutes after us we're finished before we saw our entrees. The remarkable thing however was that there was no acknowledgment or apology from any of the staff! I guess if we had made a big deal of it someone might have spoken to us but no one even commented. VERY disappointing.
- Table of fiveDixieDined on 2/7/2014A recent Friday night outing with out-of-town guests, and the food did not disappoint. Everyone's dish was pronounced excellent except for the poutine, which was apparently not as good as the upcountry diner's sampled the same week. Serves the guy right for ordering poutine. Wine pourings were generous but not extremely large. We were happy to be done before the band started however, as that is too noisy for dinner conversation. Would prefer a quieter atmosphere, but understand that the vibe is intended to be "energetic."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and invitingCammyDined on 2/1/2014We love the Frog and Turtle. The atmosphere is great and the staff are friendly and very accommodating. The food is outstanding! I only wish there were more gluten free options, but I had a burger without the bun and added brie, mushrooms an a side salad. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Terrific scratch cookingSoPodinersDined on 1/31/2014One of the best dining experiences in recent years. Soups are outstanding and it was a pleasant surprise to fine Beef Wellington on the menu. Homemade chips were delicious and the 4 beer sampler was a hit. Entire menu reflected their passion for quality but the best part of the experience was knowing that everything was prepared from scratch. Service was very good and we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDiannegrDined on 1/29/2014Would recommend the Frog and Turtle to friends. Freshly prepared food. If you are looking for a little different that some restaurants. Ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticVinalDined on 1/24/2014With the live music and great food this has become our new favorite place every Friday night. Thank you Ipen Table for making reservations so quick and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had dinner here manyKathVIPDined on 1/19/2014Have had dinner here many times. This was my first time for brunch. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade donutsSwissMiss4VIPDined on 1/19/2014Need we say more. The Elvis is a chocolate donut with peanut butter and bananas. Very cute very delicious.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014I ordered one of the dinner specials, sole stuffed with seafood. The entree was OK, it was overpriced at $35. Mu husband ordered salmon which was very good and only $21. With all the excellent dining choices in the greater Portland, I will not bother to go back here.
- Repeat PerformancemmcnalDined on 1/16/2014Consistently delicious food and friendly attentive service.Special Features:
- Excellent Place for a Lovely DinnerfoodfanDined on 1/11/2014Upon arrival, we were seated immediately. The restaurant was fairly crowded and very energetic. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was very tasty with generous portions. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Attentive service, nice menuJesterDined on 1/11/2014We were at Frog and Turtle the other night. Our reserved table for 6 was 25 minutes late, probably to no fault of the establishment. They were sincerely upset by this, and gave our party all the attention they possibly could. The food was very good, and we had a wonderful dining experience overall. I would (and will) definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at the frog!LaubreyDined on 1/10/2014The food not only tasted amazing it looked amazing as well! The staff was warm and friendly. The atmosphere was fun and the band was great! We had a great time and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchBunnyDined on 1/5/2014We went to brunch for my mother's 89th birthday an dit was fabulous! The food is out of this world and the service was impeccable. My only issue is the noise level and the temperature - quite loud due to the restaurant being full and it was very cool - we had to drape our coats over our shoulders. But those minor inconveniences faded in comparsion to themenu, the food, and the service. And the homemade donuts - OMG!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have great servicejulieDined on 1/5/2014Always have great service and great food. Lots of consistency.Special Features:
- Simple food done rightblrbostonDined on 1/5/2014Have been many times before for both brunch and dinner and have never had a bad meal. They don't try to impress you with fancy ingredients, but serve perfect classic, simple dishes, in an appropriate proportions. Really energetic scene and you can make your visit as casual or formal as you would like. Also, they usually have many reservation times available, and good entertainment.Special Features: