The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
155 E 42nd Street
Located in the Trylon Towers of The Chrysler Center
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2129532000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Juan Arboleda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
- Cross Street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
- Public Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available daily for $10.00 after 3:30pm at the ICON Parking Garage on 40th Street between Second and Third Avenues (one closest to Second Avenue). For additional information call The Capital Grille at 212-953-2000.
A word from The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Located in the Chrysler Center.Continued
* If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email email@example.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Capital Grille - NY – Chrysler Center reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)notable wine list (133)good for groups (127)fit for foodies (113)great for lunch (106)romantic (91)hot spot (59)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (54)scenic view (31)late-night find (19)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Sadly, Ive had betterltappDined on 7/29/2014I was really excited to go to my favorite steak house for Restaurant Week however, the Chrysler Center left little to be desired. Our server was really really working hard to upsell everything on the menu which is pretty tacky when you know you're walking out having paid a nice check. The food was just ok, my steak wasnt cooked the way I wanted, although the manager did come by to check, I really didnt feel like waiting another half an hour for a newly prepared steak. Im hoping that it was just this location, because Ive loved Capital Grille forever.Special Features:
- Another Great MealLaMorenaDined on 7/29/2014Another great meal, this is our go to place for steak and a good meal with friends.Special Features:
- EMFUESVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always a pleasure eating at Capital Grille. They have the best restaurant week menu. Service, food, wine & atmoshpere are perfect every time. Never had a bad experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Menu, love dry-aged steak!dnlbDined on 7/29/2014I came here for lunch with my relatives during restaurant week. Their menu is great. The dry-aged sirloin is amazing delicious and perfectly cooked! The cheesecake tastes very delicious. The Service is excellent. It has become my favorite steakhouse. We all enjoyed the lunch. We will definately come back again! I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Host not the MostMelsDined on 7/29/2014My overall experience at Capital Grille was outstanding. The waitstaff, specifically Cassidy, was phenomenal! Unfortunately, the Host staff border-lined ruined the entire experience for me. Where should I start? Let's start from the beginning. First, my party and I arrived 10-minutes before the reservation time notifying them of our arrival. I was aksed if my entire party was present and after I confirmed, I was told it would be 5-minutes. All of this was done without receiving a glance, smile or anything. Second, when 10-minutes passed I asked why someone who came in after me was seated before me. I was told that my reservation wasn't until 1:30 so I would just have to wait. The two "ladies" in the hostess position should be dishwashers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodShakiba1Dined on 7/29/2014Great Food and atmosphere. Best steak i ever had. Loved the service of the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Business LunchIxtrisDined on 7/29/2014I'm sure dinner at Capital Grille - Chrysler is great too, but the lunch service is ideal for a business lunch or meeting. The execution is flawless.Special Features:
- Absolutely DeliciousLove2EatOutDined on 7/29/2014We had a celebratory birthday lunch for a friend. The food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was perfect. I highly recommend The Capital Grille at the Chrysler Building. I'm going to try it for next real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Always a good choice but this time they were having a wine special which was great value.
- excellent steakalexVIPDined on 7/28/2014Steak was perfectly prepared and the service was attentive and friendly (John was superb!).Special Features:
- GREATReneeDined on 7/28/2014Every aspect of this restaurant was perfect ! The hostesses, the waitress, the young man who gave us the delicious bread.. were all so professional and polite. They were so accommondating..Special Features:
- great food and locationwineanddineDined on 7/28/2014My sis in law and I had a great night here. The $25 wine tasting special was a great deal with as much as you can drink. I cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinnermetmDined on 7/28/2014One of the best meals we've ever had! We ordered from the restaurant week menu and it was my fiance's birthday so we got a really great deal. When we were seated, our table had confetti on it and a sweet card from the restaurant thanking us for choosing them for this special occasion. Our service was wonderful. A few minutes later they brought out delicious bread and complimentary champagne. Our meals were incredible as were our desserts. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Disappointed This TimeSteveDined on 7/28/2014Capital Grille has been a favorite for excellent food and service. This time, our experience could have been better. The table service crew seemed unpolished. We had to ask for bread plates. Appetizer plates weren't removed before the entree was served. Four people descended noisily on our table to remove those plates and serve the main course at the same time. The main courses were shopped to the wrong people twice! Our salmon was over cooked after ordering medium rare. The bread basket was removed at the start of the main course, instead of afterward.Special Features:
- Thank youChocolateDined on 7/27/2014The food was great. The service was great. Only thing was that Me and my friend were seated around families with little children. It is ok that kids get noisy, but they were too loud and no one really cared about us getting bothered. As for the seating part, if there are people like us, It would have been much better that we were seated in a different place without kids without getting too distracted. Hope that I can visit again and have a more great time.Special Features:
- Rstrnt Wk + Wine Tasting: AmazingFeedTheMindNYCDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant Week food was excellent. Salad could have used more ingredients. Wine tasting special, 6 California + 1 Oregon was fantastic, especially the presentation by the server.Special Features:
- Fantastic!rosey1963VIPDined on 7/25/2014We went to Capital Grille at the Chrysler Center to celebrate my daughter turning 21. It was restaurant week so the place was packed yet we were treated to a table covered with birthday confetti and had the best service and most delicious meal! Our server Mony made us feel like we were the only people he looked after that night and our food was fantastic! We opted for the generous pour wine tasting and really enjoyed the many unique and interesting wine selections! I would highly recommend the Capital Grille to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The food was great and the waitress meilissa was excellent.lovely nightSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekMel0624Dined on 7/25/2014Went with my fiance two weeks ago for Restaurant Week and it was amazing. I had been to the one in Miami before, but this was my fiance's first time at any Capital Grille. We both loved our food and the service was OUTSTANDING! We tried the generous pour and while we were skeptical at first, we were glad we did it at the end. They really did give us generous pours and we both fell in love with the Pinot Noir. The assistant manager (I believe that is his position) came over and spoke to us for a bit. When he found out we are getting married soon, he had a dessert plate sent out with two complimentary glasses of wine. Very thoughtful and generous. I would definitely be going back and recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Stars AlignedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great meal as always and to top it off they have their annual Generous Pour promotion running. The manager remembered me from past visits and ensured everything was to my satisfaction. Great all around dining!Special Features:
- showgalVIPDined on 7/25/2014We participated in the Restaurant Week menu. The choices were really excellent- steak or fish. Staff is very friendly and helpful. This has become our favorite neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 7/24/2014Restaurant Week at Capital Grille is always a tremendous bargain. Excellecake.nt filet mignon bookended by a first rate ceasar salad and a very good if slightly sweet cheese
- the steak was off almost acidicJohnyDined on 7/24/2014Both our steak was off, not sure would go back again. On another note, clam chowder was nice, like the bread. Location is good.Special Features:
- MKStDined on 7/24/2014Good basic steakhouse food, well prepared but a very, very noisy glitzy place. Great waiter and great restaurant week menu. They made a nice effort to note a birthday in our group and seated as away from the noisiest part but it was pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experience!SusieQDined on 7/24/2014Truly enjoyed our dining experience during restaurant week along with the "open pour" wine tasting special. Since we were in the back right room the noise level was fine, however, in the open bar area it could be a little noisy. Highly recommend as the food and service were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NYC Restaurant Week bargainchristineDined on 7/24/2014Second time this week I have come here for NYC Restaurant Week. The food quality, the Generous Pour wine program and the attentive and personable staff on all levels all make it a great dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekMagieVIPDined on 7/24/2014We were not offered restaurant week menu but were given menu when we requested it. No special martini menu available. The restaurant week menu was very limited. The salad was bland and soggy. The sirloin steak was a poor choice. It was tough and tasteless. Very disappointing. The chocolate cake and cheesecake were the best part if the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Escape in Midtown EastGaBrooklyniteDined on 7/23/2014I'd never been here before, so it was great to be able to experience it. They have gorgeous architecture and super professional and attentive wait staff (although one waitron did address my boyfriend and I both as "ladies"). The food was delicious from the bread basket to the sirloin to the flourless chocolate cake (the last being my favorite!). Would come again.Special Features:
- Great family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014We had family in from Minneapolis and this was a perfect location for our dinner together - great food, roomy table and plenty of time to enjoy it all!Special Features:
- JunebugDined on 7/23/2014Delicious steak and ambiance. The manager is always welcoming and keeps the room running smoothly. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurelive2eatVIPDined on 7/22/2014We always enjoy our visits here. Consistently very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LadyLDined on 7/22/2014We celebrated a birthday The Capital Grille. My party was late, but the staff handled this inconvenience very graciously. Taylor promised a fabulous table and we were not disappointed. The Capital would be perfect choice for any occasion, but having the added bonus of dining during Restaurant Week added to evening. Our captain, Christian, was attentive and charming. And the food was excellent. A lovely evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Good for a business lunchdiningdivaDined on 7/22/2014I took a client here for lunch who was from out of town. At first I thought it was going to be "stuffy" as there were a lot of men in suits standing at the entrance waiting for tables and it was a dark entrance. BUT, it turned out that the food was excellent and our seat was in a great spot in the middle of the restaurant. We had reservations which I would definitely recommend making or be prepared to wait. Overall a great pick for my client and he enjoyed the place and that's what matters most!Special Features:
- business lunchjeannieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Perfect place for a business lunch, nosie level was good and service was pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to send back the steakmike1186sVIPDined on 7/22/2014Business lunch necessarily but I would never go there on my own.
- Great food and super serviceMaleneDenmarkDined on 7/21/2014We were a party of 8 including 3 kids. The food was just as delicius as it was 2 years ago and the service still excellent.Special Features:
- How would you like meat prepared?JodiDined on 7/21/2014This was the only issue, had to send back meat for more through cooking - had ordered medium well and it was close to raw. Watched two other tables have to send there meat back in the time we were there for lunch. Rest of food was good, well presented and tasted good.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch date.lvsmallrestaurantsDined on 7/18/2014Met Lady friend there for lunch...Best chopped salad I have ever had, my guest was impressed with the restaurant, she had never been to a Capital Grill. I have many time...I consider it one of the best restaurants in NYC...recommend it to all my business associates who come into NYC for meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdisappointedDined on 7/10/2014The food was great and our waiter was fantastic. We had the generous pour special. $25 per person for 7 different wines as much as you wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- showgalVIPDined on 7/8/2014This was our 5th visit to this restaurant. We decided to try their fish. As a steak place I would stick to meat. Their meat dishes are really special.Special Features: