Lure New York
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Lure New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lurefishbar.com/
- Phone: 2124317676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday & Monday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lure New York
Contemporary American Seafood featuring an extensive raw bar and first class sushi program. The striking design is reminiscent of the interior of an elegant cruise ship. We offer amazing cocktails and a well crafted 250 bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure New York - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Lure New York reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (115)good for groups (104)neighborhood gem (102)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (85)romantic (75)great for lunch (75)notable wine list (55)great for brunch (28)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Lure Has Me Hookedomphalos008Dined on 8/7/2014Lure has officially become my go to restaurant for lunch in SoHo. The oysters are ultra fresh and tasty - easily some of the best in Manhattan. Last time I visited I had the Miso Glazed Salmon off the restaurant week menu and it was brilliant. The salmon was cooked to perfection and served over a bed of sauteed sugar snap peas and shiitake mushrooms. I'm still craving those flavors and it's been a week. Dessert was amazing. A super simple butterscotch pot de creme that was just the ideal way to end the meal. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Hostess staff needs work...NeicyVIPDined on 8/6/2014We went here for my husband's birthday.We arrived a bit early for our reservation and met the restaraunt packed with happy hour patrons.Understanding we would need to wait, one of the three the hostess VISABLY looked at my husband and my mother-up and down-with discust and proceeded to ask them to "step out of the sight line of the main entrance."Another told my mother "not to touch her flowers" and the other stood in silence as the other two snubbed my guests.The did not take offense becuase they have a patient nature. I, on the other hand, was visably appauled and decided to speak with the manager if my experience did not improve. Thankfully,it did.The food was excellent and the service staff were more than accomidating. He felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeKatieDined on 8/6/2014The place is an excellent way to spend time with co-workers or group of friends. We went there around 8-9pm on Wednesday and it was pretty noisy. Probably, not the place to have a romantic dinner on the first date. The food was delicious and I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the reservation was made at 8:15 pm and we were not seated until 9:05pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeigborhoodGemDined on 8/6/2014Quite an extensive wine list and a great find on fish and seafood. Reasonably priced. Went for Restaurant Week but will be returning to try out some of their other menu items. Liked the decor - the inside of a ship.Special Features:
- Fresh & FantasticfoodislifeDined on 8/6/2014Visited this quaint restaurant (which has an awesome interior - I was literally in a Boat, hah) during restaurant week with a friend for lunch and holy smokes, everything we had was fantastic. Everything on their menu that we tried was fresh, flavorful, and left a really good positive impression. Oysters were very fresh, main course items were spot on, but their dessert, the butterscotch pudding, was simply amazing. Thanks so much Lure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/5/2014Good choice for a satisfying, even if not memorable Restaurant Week seafood lunch...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!fatkidproblemsDined on 8/4/2014Food was delicious and staff was friendly and engaging! Decor made your dining experience an out of New York adventureSpecial Features:
- The Lure ship ahoy!amasnycDined on 8/4/2014This place was such a trip when you walk down the stairs to the entrance and open the door you feel like you are entering a restaurant in an old time cruise liner. Port holes and huge openings similar to a ship and all the ceilings and walls were wrapped in wood. The food was spectacular. Went here for Restaurant week and ordered off the special menu. Heather, our server made it very easy for us she told us what to order an it was simply delicious. From the bottle of rose, salmon tartare, shrimp tempura, the entrees daurade and cod, then the finish pot de creme and choco cake. We left fully satisfied and The Lure gives us another reason to leave Chelsea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters are the way to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Amazing oysters! I couldn't get enough. Also had the sushi and chocolate cake! The only downfall is that it was so loud so we couldn't have much of a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.JenEmmDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at Lure was great. The ambiance is really nice and the decor is well done. The service was excellent, especially Adam the sommelier. He chose a perfect pairing for us that we enjoyed. The food was tasty and creative except the grilled prawns and polenta were a bit too salty for my taste but edible. The crusted tuna was perfect all around. The fish tacos were phenomenal and as was the crispy rice with tuna. The overall experience was wonderful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- NYC Restaurant WeekJasmineDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time going to Lure although I've passed by it many times. I knew that by being an expensive restaurant they don't serve much but this night it was a bit over the top. I loved the miso salmon they served me and thought it was delicious. Not so much a big fan of the raw seafood appetizer but in all my meal was great. When we tried to order the octopus, they brought us a teeny tiny tentacle the size of my finger. And for $21 I might add! My meal was great but not outstanding and I was lucky it was restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LurerestaurantweekDined on 8/1/2014Generous and tasty portion of crispy shrimp; nice, small blue-point oysters; and the mizo-glazed salmon was cooked to perfection. The only disappointment was the butterscotch desert that was a little heavy (but still yummy!). The décor has a nautical theme but is not overdone. The service was excellent - our waitress was professional and efficient. We shall definitely go again.Special Features:
- Love Lure!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Besides the food being amazing, the service was fantastic also. Our waitress figured out we were sharing plates, and had the kitchen split them without us even asking. It was a really appreciated touch, and it's nice to see some places still make customer service the priority - thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeLou71Dined on 7/31/2014The notable thing about the wine list was the mark up ... 200%. Nevertheless, we had a fun dinner - feel free to order off menu (bash burger was excellent). Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure Fish Bar Restaurant Weekbanama7Dined on 7/31/2014We sat in the bar area, which surprisingly was a little quieter than the main restaurant, which was really loud. I have been here a few times before and always found the food to be great. Last Thursday's meal was not that great. Maybe because it was Restaurant Week? The sushi was a little bland; the oysters did not have much flavor either. The miso salmon I found to be a little overcooked and lacking flavor. The warm chocolate cake however was good. The server was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurant week choiceAMFNYCDined on 7/31/2014Went for NYC Summer Restaurant Week 2014 and was very pleased with the menu, quality, service, etc.Special Features:
- poor servicefarahDined on 7/30/2014Our server didn't speak to us or reccomend anything. She just wanted our order. Wine service was slow and a third server came to present it even though we were only one of two tables our server had. My husband ordered the daurade which was well presented and delicious. I tried to eat the Cod, but it was overcooked and bland. We didn't want to complain so my husband swapped dishes with me. The server finally came to check on us and we told her the cod was overcooked and unedible. She offered to bring salt and did. My husband was forcing himself to eat so we sent the cod back and were told we couldn't order anything else because the kitchen was closed. No apologies and one entree passed back and forth across the table ruined our experience.Special Features:
- nice ambiance, foodmpettVIPDined on 7/30/2014food and ambiance here were great, service was attentive. front desk was bad :( called to up my reservation by 1 and was put on hold for 10 minutes. then when I arrived on the night was told my party was waiting at the bar... when they were not.Special Features:
- great food and serviceLuckyJoeDined on 7/29/2014I was pleased with the tuna taco appetizer and the yellowtail jalapeno roll we had we had for appetizers but the entrees were so much better and more creative and flavorful. We followed recommendations of the waitress and she picked great items but I suspect all are very good or better. I liked that portions for entrees were not huge and priced right. Warm chocolate cake desert was a great blend of different flavors and textures. Great service from our waitress and all wait staff. A little noisy but in a good way. I will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Here for restaurant week, great and quick service.Special Features:
- boothbayVIPDined on 7/28/2014Arrived early and had a drink at the bar which had a nice Happy Hour menu as well as a nice selection of wine. Dinner was excellent with well prepared fish nicely presented. It was Restaurant Week and they had a lovely menu which had a great selection of fish appetizers and entrees. Our group of six tried almost all and were pleased with all the preparations. Definitely will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oyster barbobbylupoDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant is located below Prada in SOHO. The interior resembles the inside of a cruise ship. They were very accommodating when we asked for fried oysters even if they were not on the menu. The sushi rolls were great. Nice stop off for Sunday lunch/brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for brunchjanieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Interesting decor. Lobster roll wonderful. Others had breakfast sandwich and eggs benedict, kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but nothing special.aalexanDined on 7/25/2014Note: We went here for restaurant week so that may have influenced the quality of food/my impression of price-quality. The decor at Lure was really cool, it felt like you were inside a boat. In the beginning the waitress was attentive, then after bringing our food ignored our table for the rest of the meal. The food: the appetizer I got (tempura shrimp) was good but I've had better, the sushi was good but again not the best I've had (might have been less elaborate bc of fixed menu). The dessert, however, was awesome: salted caramel ice cream with popcorn and chocolate cake. It wasn't a bad meal but I think there are better options out there.Special Features:
- Alluring Luremark10reviewDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful décor. Restaurant Week lunch was superb.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekMrsBVIPDined on 7/24/2014I've eaten here before and always enjoy it. This time we decided on the restaurant week menu and added a few sushi rolls. The selections were delicious and fresh, as usual.
- Service is really badh8lureservDined on 7/24/2014the service was extremely slow and the head waiter was snobby and just plain douchy.Special Features:
- Ok ExperienceokexperienceDined on 7/23/2014I would give a second try but there restaurant week menu was ok. My dish the cod that they are know for was first under food and then they over cooked itSpecial Features:
- Delicious seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious, perfectly prepared and elegantly served. My cod was tender and flaky and lush. Appetizers were a gorgeous array of raw and cooked seafood. Our server was cheerful, attentive without being fussy or overbearing. She knew the menu well and was able to help with decision making in kind generous spirit. We went during restaurant week and Lure offered the very best options for that promotion. It was a nice taste of what they do well at an affordable price point. We were not made to feel awkward for ordering off the bargain menu, the portions were reasonably sized. Dessert was NOT overlooked - perfect warm chocolate cake (with carmel ice cream and popcorn for elegant and tasty flair) and an amazing butterscotch flan. Yummy!Special Features:
- great eveningalishecDined on 7/21/2014We were celebrating a birthday. Service was wonderful, food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Ambience is nice most of all...KatyVIPDined on 7/21/2014The interior design of the restaurant is amazing sure does make you feel like you're on a boat along with the food they serve it was nice.Special Features:
- Delicious oysters (even in July!)mrsCVIPDined on 7/21/2014Restaurant week didn't "spoil" this place. Terrific and fresh raw oysters. Wonderful salmon. Noisy is their worst attribute. Overall -- a great place. Especially for oysters in a month without an "R"! Fresh and always safe to eat HERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I had in New YorkCaliASweetDined on 7/19/2014The best food I've ever had in NYC... Need to eat everything on the menu before I die. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great oysters and champagne special. We enjoyed very much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Twice I have gone to Lure and they have told me I don't have a reservation even though I have the confirmation e- mail. This time they blamed it in Open Table. Too bad I stayed. Very mediocre.
- Alittle disappointedFoodieDined on 7/16/2014We ordered a small plateau and our shrimps tasted alittle overcooked but the oysters and clams were really fresh. The sauce on the fried calamari has an asian fusion taste which was a little disappointed. My entree was nori crush tuna and it tasted great. However, my boyfriend's dish, "steam red snapper" was overcooked and tasted bland. I do not recommend the "steam red snapper". That wasn't the worst. The worst part was when I requested the staffs/chefs to write " happy birthday" on the dessert plate and they didn't write it. I made the reservation 3 weeks in advance for my boyfriend's birthday and I called to confirm about the dessert part. Overall, the environment was nice but the food was overpriced for the quality we have received.Special Features:
- Noisy and overpricedepicure47Dined on 7/15/2014The food was of high quality, but everything did seem quite overpriced. The service was offhand to the point of being rather inattentive. As the evening wore on the noise level became a deafening din. It is an elegant place to dine in, but I doubt that I will return.
- Great Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Great Atmosphere & excellent food. We will definitely return on our next trip to New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lure's Allurelaurep19VIPDined on 7/13/2014You enter what looks to be subway stairs into a beautiful yacht like room amidst the busy streets of manhattan. You get treated like the captain of the yacht by the sommelier, the maître d, the wait staff. And then you get to choose from an abundance of amazingly cooked seafood as well as fantastic and interesting sushi combinations. For the non surf lover, there is an excellent turf selection (including an amazing burger - but who would be surprised after so many burger bash championships won by chef/owner josh capon!). Lure is the perfect place for a special occasion, and if you get lucky enough to call it one of your regular spots, even better!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentArtAndFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lure is my local canteen, I eat lunch there a couple of times a week, and dinner very often as well. They continually meet and exceed my high expectations, and have been doing it on a regular basis for many years now. That's a difficult thing for a restaurant to do, which is why it is regularly packed, day after day, year after year. The sushi is surprisingly high quality, and the cooked foods are excellent, as are the drinks. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home, even if you aren't a regular like me. The afternoon majordomo Roz is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! The restaurant gets a lot of celebs and power players, but she finds a way to treat everyone like a king. Highly recommend.Special Features: