Palomino - Cincinnati
505 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palomino - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 5133811300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-price Bottled Wine! (any bottle priced $26 & above).
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday-Saturday 4pm-11p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Shawn Heine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Delivery, please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private space available up to 120ppl Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor Beach or Stephen Welch 5133811300x
- Entertainment: All Day Everyday Happy Hour in the Lounge
Flat Screen Tv's in Lounge
A word from Palomino - Cincinnati
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Palomino - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Palomino - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)special occasion (68)romantic (44)great for lunch (42)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- lindaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very nice meal with great servers and good food. Aliya was an excellent server, very friendly and did a great job making our experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014While the view from Palomino is nice and the service was very good (waiter was very attentive), the food was only okay. My dining partner had a pasta dish with a pesto sauce that was particularly bland. I had the fish and frites. The frites were tasty but the fish was over fried. It tasted like a frozen fish patty that had been deep fried. Given that there are so many options in OTR, I'd recommend visiting there first. If you want a neat view of the city and a quick drink, stop into Palomino. If you want some interesting and tasty food, go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Food Needs ImprovementReds2BengalsVIPDined on 7/10/2014The atmosphere and service at Palomino were very good. We had a table for 4 overlooking Fountain Square. However, the pork was tough, the polenta was awful, and the creamed spinach had way too much cream. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the roasted potatoes were very good. So, overall food rating was good but should have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeMimiDined on 7/10/2014Our latest trip to the opera began with a great meal at Palomino's- as usual, the service was perfect, the ambiance so enjoyable, and the food- yum! The bartender's delicious white sangria went so well with my Seafood Louis salad, and the other members of my party were equally happy with their pasta and salad dishes. Thanks for the excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidVIPDined on 7/5/2014Late dinner. Restaurant near empty. Experience was average. Remember this restaurant to be one of the nicest when we went in Indy.Special Features:
- Slow serviceDisappointedDined on 7/5/2014While our food was excellent, the service was extremely slow. By the time our food arrived, I wasn't even hungry anymore. One hour after being seated, our waiter came out and told us that our pizza was burnt and he had requested another. While I applaud the quality control, we were left with no food and we felt we had been forgotten. With that being said, I highly recommend their brick oven pizza.Special Features:
- Great all aroundvisitingcincy11Dined on 7/3/2014It has been a few years since I had dinner there. The menu had wonderful options for all types of palates. The wine list was good. Truly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good RestarauntEandNDined on 7/1/2014Went to Palomino's for our anniversary dinner. Food is always great, Mushroom soup is to die for. Waiter provided excellent service. They even gave us a free desert for our anniversary. We me the manager on the way out, he introduced himself and asked how our dinner was and said happy anniversary to us. We did not even talk to him prior to that. Overall excellent and certainly makes us feel welcome there. We will return for sure.Special Features:
- Always Good Food and ServiceClaraandJimVIPDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I really enjoy Palomino's. The view of Fountain Square downtown Cincinnati is great. The menu changes seasonally and every dish we've ever had has been well prepared and presented. Servers are always attentive.Special Features:
- Starving But No Dinner HereHungryAndNoFoodDined on 6/28/2014We had 7:30 rrservations and did arrive a little late. We were originally told we would be seated in a matter of seconds, however, I think they forgot about us because it was another 15 minutes or so. We ordered everything at once since we were pressed for time. When the calamari came out there was a hair in the sauce. We inform our waiter we are leaving and he says, "Oh, so you are going to split? That's cool". The manager did come over and try to convince us to stay and was very apologetic. He gave us his card and offeref a free meal if we decided to return.
- Good food. Great service.MD11Dined on 6/28/2014My girlfriends and I made reservations at Palominos for dinner before a concert. They accommodated us even though we were fifteen minutes late (everyone has a chronically late friend). They provided excellent food and service while trying to get us to the concert on time with the resaurante very busy with other concert goers. I will will absolutely keep it in mind for the next night out.Special Features:
- cost for food is greatNannyDined on 6/23/2014where can you go eat for $10.00?? and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown CincinnatiBluegrassCyclerDined on 6/22/2014Excellent service with very good food. Really enjoy dining at Palomino and will return whenever we are in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pzadraVIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant was packed with large parties. It was really noisy and the food was just ok.
- lindaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Very nice dinning experience again. Some of the best staff in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We have dined at Palomino several times in years past before moving out-of-town. We returned for a visit and thought, "Great! Palomino!" We were wrong. Although the staff is great and the menu is appealing (and always have been) the room is a bit run down and there are monkeys in the kitchen.Special Features:
- MenuFreqDinerDined on 6/11/2014It's good to see that Palomino's is standing the test of time! So many restaurants around Fountain Square have failed. More salads on the Menu would have been nice using local fresh vegetables & greens. Plus more Vegan choices would be appreciated.Special Features:
- Good foodmb57Dined on 6/10/2014I have been having lunch at Palomino's in Cincinnati for a number of years. The food is good - service needs to be a little speedier. As the location is right downtown, most people having lunch there are downtown workers with a limited amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in Cincinnati!CraziedazieDined on 6/6/2014Great service, drinks and food. Lots of great, creative menu options. Wood fired flat bread pizza's now come in gluten free!! They also have gluten free pasta available. Kudos to them for providing GF options. Any time I'm in Cincinnati this is definitely one of the stops. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchBaggerDined on 6/2/2014Good food and nice atmosphere. Worth checking out when you are in the Quen City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We ordered veggie pizza & two different pastas. None of them were good.
- Copper River SalmonMaineladyDined on 5/31/2014We try to come here every year for their Copper River Salmon preparation. This year's was again wonderful. We were advised to reserve the salmon when making reservations, and indeed that proved to be necessary. Ashley was a wonderful server, having spot on redo for wine, the manager served our entrees, and we were not rushed at all. The salmon preparation was simple grilled over a bed of boursin creamed spinach and accompanied by potato cubes which were nicely browned on the outside and creamy on the inside. The chocolate tiramasu was yummy, and enough to share. I started with the deviled eggs which was perfect small bite to give the main spotlight to the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Cincinnati LocationFoodieStarrVIPDined on 5/30/2014Palomino's has a perfect view of Fountain Square, very scenic and exciting to view. The service was good. I think the waitress could have been more knowledgeable about the entrees and better at explaining certain items. The food was just good. I've been to Palomino's and had better; I was a bit disappointed. The mojito had too much mint, I could not even drink it because it was overpowered by the mint, making it a seem a bit soapy. I would come back but only because I know Palomino's is capable of better. If this was my first experience, it may have been my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Cindy, our server, was a perfect fit for me and my dining partner. There are many factors in play to make a dining experience above average, let alone exceptional. The stars were in alignment this evening. Our server was a complete delight, made us feel as though we were the only people in the place, gave us expert attention, described the menu beautifully with a great sense of humor. Her experience with each menu item shown through her enthusiasm for the food, the specials. Cindy was fresh and alive, not on automatic pilot, not detached from reality. The food, although very good, took a back seat to the extremely pleasant and entertaining evening we had with our human contact.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodyummies05Dined on 5/25/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner. I had an off the menu Salmon that was amazing. Very attentive waiter and even offered a free dessert without even asking. It was such a great atmosphere and view of fountain square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service in nice settingCintiBonnieVIPDined on 5/22/2014Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive but never intrusive. This restaurant has large windows that offer a great view of Fountain Square. Palomino's is tastefully decorated and provides a nice setting for power lunches or a pre-show dinner. If you are staying downtown for either business or pleasure, it's a solid, safe choice. The food is good to very good; I had no complaints but I wasn't blown away either. For the price, there are many suburban restaurants in the northeast section of town that are more conveniently located for me and that I enjoy more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1708 reviews are from the Palomino - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- Fountain SquareJandJVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great location overlooking Fountain Square in the heart of Cincinnati. Friendly, attentive staff. Mushroom soup is a must, enjoyed pork and lamb entrees featuring rustic touch, finished with very tasty bread pudding. Great table by the window overlooking Fountain Square, background music pleasant and not overpowering, centrally located and convenient to everything. Went for a special dinner, but perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food quirky serviceSailorsdelightDined on 5/18/2014Our waitress was flip in the beginning. Surprised when they screwed up a dry Robroy and she said the bartender had to look up how to make it. A restaurant of this caliber should have a bartender who knows how to make a Robroy. Food as usual very good with nice variety. Waitress became very personable as the evening went on.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceknickknackpaddywhackDined on 5/17/2014When we arrived at Palominos, we were greeted with smiling faces and a quick offer to get our drinks. The drinks arrived quickly, and shortly after arrived our appetizers. Then, amazingly, our food was available within 5 minutes. Also, the quality of food was exquisite: hot, savory, and overall delicious. I highly recommend the slow roasted beef. An absolutely wonderful experience.Special Features:
- 4foodgreat4foodgreatDined on 5/17/2014A once fine restaurant has gone downhill in quality. The calamari was tasteless. The sauces accompanying boring. Pork loin very good, the sides awful.
- A lovely anniversary dinnerAlliGDined on 5/17/2014I made a reservation for 5 of us for a celebratory wedding anniversary dinner and even though I was running late, they were willing to seat the other members of my party in order to maintain my reservation. They also honored my request to have a seat at the window! The ambiance was nice, a little louder than I expected but it wasn't bothersome. The food was delicious (I had the short rib fettuccine, and my husband had the chicken risotto) but I was hoping for larger portions. Our waiter was very attentive and brought us dessert for our anniversary! I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Special OccasionVegdineDined on 5/16/2014This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion and we usually choose this restaurant as so far, it hasn't disappointed us! I am sure we will be visiting Palomino quite a few times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business-FriendlyWendyDined on 5/13/2014Hosted a client dinner for an out of town contact. She had never been to the area so Palomino was fabulous in terms of great service, good food, view of Fountain Square - an easy way to highlight our city to a visitor!Special Features:
- Outstanding Find at the FountainCincinnatiDinersDined on 5/11/2014Palomino is an outstanding find on Fountain Square. The overall experience from beginning to end was incredible. The service, food and ambiance were amazing for what must be one of the busiest days of the year for dining out. An absolute MUST for anyone wishing for the Cincinnati Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just OKtouristguideDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch is one of two annual brunch affairs offered at Palomino. It showed why lack of experience in mounting a regular brunch prevents the Palomino's team from presenting a quality experience.Special Features:
- nice mothers dayhroushDined on 5/11/2014we have come to the mothers day buffet for 3 years now. each year something is added to make it better. Although, the French toast casserole was dry and seemed to be sitting there for awhile, as well as the tilapia that was stuck to the bottom of the pan. And the vegetable medley was burnt. The food for the most part was good, but there were some flops in my opinion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchClaraandJimVIPDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I go to Palomino's regularly. The food, service and view are excellent as is the value. On this particular occasion, we went for Mother's Day Brunch and it was very enjoyable and festive. The restaurant went above and beyond to make this a very special day for everyone!Special Features:
- serviceluluDined on 5/11/2014Think we overpaid, since we were not all that hungry for brunch. Not their fault!! Our server was delightful!!Special Features:
- Pre theater diningEatoutfunVIPDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyable dinner at a busy Palomino. Salmon was delicious as was the chopped salad. My wife enjoyed the pork chop. Was not a fan of the crab cake appetizer which was ordinary. All in all a great evening and our server was super in getting us to te show on time.Special Features:
- ImpressedHardtoPleaseDined on 5/10/2014Truthfully, I booked Palomino for a pre-show dinner because the restaurant we had originally decided upon was full. It turned out to be a great choice. We were seated promptly (though it was busy) and our server was sensitive to any possible time constraints. The menu was varied and inventive, and the wine and drink selection was good. I had simple broiled salmon, but the generously portioned side was a very interesting vegetable/bean mix with just a little kick - a nice foil to the perfectly cooked salmon. The ambience puts it somewhere between "grab a quick dinner" and fine, white linen dining, but it is a solid choice as part of an evening downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.