Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 02007Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 2022658681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 11:30a.m. -4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
DJ Dance Nights Friday & Saturday NIght starting at 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: DJ Dance Night - Friday and Saturday starting at 10:30pm
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (29)special occasion (18)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- This was the first time inJosefrDined on 1/5/2014This was the first time in several years to eat at LT. The space is beautiful, the food good not great. Service terrific, not what it once was.Special Features:
- Great Lebanese food.swiftyDined on 1/4/2014I am a Lebanese-American who can verify that the Taverna serves delicious and authentic Lebanese dishes. This branch of the restaurant in Woodley Park is near the Lebanese embassy, which keeps the staff on their toes. For true aficionados of Lebanese cuisine, I recommend the raw kibbee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle Eastern DelightsVitoDined on 1/4/2014The Lebanese Taverna is an exceptional restaurant specializing in Middle Eastern cuisine. The food is fresh. The wines and spirits eclectic to the culture, and the servers are genuinely kind and know what they are talking about. Great restaurant! Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food; too noisy placeJoseph124VIPDined on 1/3/2014Good Middle Eastern food in a tastefully redecorated neighborhood oldie - but the noise level is awful. We had to shout to make ourselves heard. The redecoration should have included acoustic tiles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013As someone who lived for 10 years in Lebanon I didn't think that I would still be giving this gem of a restaurant 4 and a half stars after 25 years but I am. Now after its total renovation the food is as good as ever and the ambience is much nicer. The food is absolutely authentic and a joy to make ones way through the mezzes. Come once and be prepared to come again and again. The service (Haitham) was extremely attentive and I only needed to raise my head and catch the waiters eye for him to be at tableside withing seconds and that was when the restaurant was full. Keep up the good work and I should be coming back for another 25 years, inshallah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-time Mediterranean GemKwistinDined on 12/27/2013Lebanese Taverna at Woodley Park was my first introduction to Mediterranean food - almost 25 years ago. While there are many newer Lebanese restaurants that have sprung up in DC and the suburbs, Lebanese Taverna is still my go-to restaurant. The setting has been changed to be more upscale, but the food and service are just as excellent as I remember from 25 years ago. Hummus is smooth and flavorful - the best! The chef's platter provides a taste of nine traditional Lebanese dishes. Prices are reasonable (particularly for DC!), and the service is attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/26/2013Have loved the food at Lebanese Taverna, especially the hommus, kabobs, and tabouleh. Think the remodeled space is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't take your kids hereTGordonDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant is close to the zoo, and the food is terrific. So what could possibly go wrong? Tables were set up outside and it was so nice, I asked if we could be seated outside instead of inside the restaurant. I wish they would have said "you can sit outside, but the service will be absolutely terrible." I would have chosen to sit inside, had I known. Our waiter walked up, took the drink order from one member of our party and walked away. 20 minutes later everyone around us had food and drinks and we still had nothing. It only got worse from there. 90 minutes later, my 17 month old screaming, I had to go inside and beg for our check. The waiter made some excuse about not planning to have outdoor seating. Never again.
- Dining LebaneseTheSaltyDogDined on 12/12/2013Overall, the experience was above average for a cold Washington Winter's night. The interior of the Taverna was better than I had ever seen it, warm, friendly and inviting. The Waiters were friendly and attentive and helped to make choices off of the vast menu. They were also quite punctual. The food was outrageously delicious and lots of it. My table of four ordered several appetizers and shared, making the experience even more fun. Thank you again Lebanese Taverna for being in Woodly park and so easy to access.Special Features:
- First TimeDennisVIPDined on 12/11/2013Visiting DC I found this place close to our hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The service was attentive but not overbearing and they had a wide vegetarian selections. I enjoyed the experience and would definitively recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, tasty, reasonable prices.NancyDined on 12/9/2013Always enjoy eating here. The food is very tasty and the portions are a good size. Wish we'd ordered more of the regular appetizers instead of the special "chef's appetizer platter" because the portions were tiny and jewel-like and, while very lovely to look at and also delicious, the amounts were very difficult to share. Also, it would have been helpful and hygienic to give very small spoons for each of the 12-14 mini samples so that diners would not need to scoop up the food with their own utensils. But all in all, a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Not going backcebeDined on 12/6/2013The food was mediocre. The service was very slow. The only reason it was fine was I was actually enjoying a night out with great friends, away from the kids, and we didn't mind sitting there all night. My falafel wrap was dry - it needed tzaziki or tahini sauce, my friend's chicken dish was just that, a huge slab of chicken sitting on top of a few potatoes. Her dessert was so gross she couldn't finish it. So much potential...
- Great food and service. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Great food and service. Delicious menu items and combinations. The spicy hummus is fabulous! Great place to enjoy a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2013Lebanese Taverna has consistently good service, food, and is great for late night dining. It is the first restuarant I dined in more than 20 years ago when I resettled in DC - still one of my favorites. They offer great options for full meals or light dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pathetic serviceJoanieboVIPDined on 11/23/2013It took 15 minutes to get water. And that was only after asking our 'waiter' twice. Then longer for wine. Once we finally got our food -- everyone at our table of 6 was served except for 1 person. It took another 5 minutes for her to get dish. It was awful. Service overshadowed everything. It didn't matter that the hummus and baba ganoush were good..or the salmon was excellent. The service was terrible! It felt like they were catering to the conventioneers who come one time. Sad because we're neighbors and I wouldn't got back again.
- The food was great but a littleGinaBDined on 11/22/2013The food was great but a little pricey. I liked that the kids menu had more than just chicken nuggets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- despite reservation had toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2013despite reservation had to wait for table. Seated next to wait stand,, handed menus and 30 seconds later asked to order! Salad/appetizer and entrees arrived together, late. Service generally inattentive Food is good so would look to return only at off hours/daysSpecial Features:
- fun large group experience.bsharpjDined on 11/20/2013we had a group of 10, the table was ready quickly and we have wonderful service. It was a great atmosphere for the celebration of friends. Good options for our veterans.Special Features:
- Food, Romance, Friends and TavernaPatrickDined on 11/16/2013Wow, Taverna brought service home to me and my fiancée this past Saturday. We made a reservation via Open Table, but said nothing about the engagement (didn't want to let the cat outta the bag!) When Yasmina called to confirm, my fiancée-to-be told her it was for my birthday. I proposed outside the restaurant on a romantic misty rainy terrace. Once inside, we told Yasmina we had just gotten engaged! She ushered us quickly to a fabulous table, told us she had goosebumps, and from then on, from Charlie the GM to our server, it was 5 star service. We ordered from the hummus bar, olives, grape leaves and their wonderful bread. They treated us to champagne on the house and we felt like rock stars. Taverna: we thank you for being like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had reservations on a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2013Had reservations on a busy Friday evening, but was not able to be seated until about 20 minutes after the time of my reservation. The hostess was very apologetic, kept me informed, and comped me a drink for the inconvenience. I found the wait staff to be friendly and informative - especially as I was not familiar with Lebanese food. These selections they recommended were great and just what I was looking for. Will definitely return on my next trip to DC.
- Been dining here for years.psygistDined on 11/9/2013Been dining here for years. Food is consistently high in quality. The recent remodel provides a decor and atmosphere that greatly enhances the fine dining experience. Service and management are top notch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013When visiting the Woodley Park area to visit family, we used Tripadvisor to find a local, unique place to eat. Lebanese Taverna was rated #1 and did not disappoint. From the first unique cocktails to the perfectly prepared dinners, the rating is well deserved. Don't miss this place when you are in the area! And try the cafe plate for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseglevensoDined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed dinner at Lebanese Taverna. Our waiter, originally from Eritrea, was extremely attentive. All the dishes ordered were excellent and the offering of Lebanese wines was a pleasant surprise. I highly recommend for anyone looking for authentic Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Consistently great food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2013Consistently great food. The hommus is super creamy and the bread is like cute little 'pillows'.. Sooo yummy. I love the kofta kebab, always great!!Special Features:
- Lebanese Taverna is heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2013I have to say I can't believe I waited so long to write a review about this amazing restaurant. I went with a group of friends and I can honestly say not only is the food amazing but the staff truly makes you feel like family. As the restaurant scene is DC is growing it is hard to find delectable food, nice location, ambiance, and service all in one location. Lebanese Taverna is a little bit of heaven right here in Washington.Special Features:
- Being a regular makes u feelLuvthefoodDined on 10/21/2013Being a regular makes u feel lik home. Kevin was really helpful and knowledgeable server.so was victor and memo they were helping there teammate . We always have great time, keep up the good work guys..Special Features:
- Great Food - a bit too loudEBinDCDined on 10/19/2013The food was terrific as was the service and the ambiance. I went with my husband and my uncle for our quarterly get together. We had a Lebanese wine that was sumptuous with our lamb dishes. And all three of the desserts (Um Ali, Choco-Espresso cake, and the Baklava) that we shared were delicious! The somewhat low lighting set the feel for a nice relaxed meal. But, it was a bit too loud to hear the each other or have a real conversation. I often felt like I was shaving to shout across the table to speak to my uncle! But, it was Saturday night. Perhaps a quieter place during the week. I would definitely, however, share this find with a friend or colleague unfamiliar with DC's food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky find!sk8ladyVIPDined on 10/12/2013Picked this because it was close to the hotel and was thrilled to find it was terrific! I got the appetizer platter and could not finish it. Best hummus and felafel I have had since I lived in the Middle East. My son's chicken was also delious. Decent wine list and our server was friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and attentive. We did have trouble finding the place since it looked closed from the outside--we would never have found it if we hadn't been looking for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDerekVIPDined on 10/6/2013We arrived at 5:15 pm on a Sunday afternoon and there was virtually no one in the restaurant, except for one or two other tables. Our server was very attentive, but the service was exceptionally bad. From beginning to end, it took almost two hours. With two small toddlers, that amount of time )especially at that hour) was unacceptable. I have been at this restaurant before when it was packed and I was served much more quickly. A real conundrum. Not sure I'll go back.
- Consistently good and a beautifulLLF29VIPDined on 10/4/2013Consistently good and a beautiful space to dine inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 15th Anniversary DinnerAvidDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2013We had dinner at LebTav on the 15th aniversary of our rehearsal dinner there. The restaurant has been beautifully renovated, but hue good is still the same great home style Lebanese We took our kids, who loved it. The manager, Charlie, took wonderful care of us. We will be back okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great lunch at the patioLuvthefoodDined on 9/23/2013Had a great lunch at the patio on monday . Great service and outstanding foodSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent -- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013Food was excellent -- fantastic appetizers, and very interesting entrees. We tried 3 of the apps, including fried artichokes which were amazing. Our entrees were whole sea bass, lamb kabobs, and grape leaves stuffed with lamb. Everyone was very happy with the choices. We also had the donuts and the bread pudding for dessert -- phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place/service now badBMcMDined on 9/21/2013Been dining here for 10+ years and the last two visits to the Conn location have been very disappointing on the service-front. Some food never came, entrees arrived along with apititizers, not all apatizers arrived at the same time, server didn't refill drinks (I wanted more wine for most of the evening). Food still taste great, but you may have to beg to get it.Special Features:
- DeliciousTheRage3KDined on 9/7/2013We've actually been to both locations - and they are both delicious and had a solid service ethic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2013We had my son's birthday here and had a large party (twelve people), half of whom were children. I made an error in my reservation (had the wrong time) but the host and servers were extraordinarily accommodating- providing us with two adjacent tables and great service throughout the night. The food was also really tasty! We were very appreciative...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese one can findPhilVIPDined on 8/31/2013Lebanese Taverna has done it so well for so many years and I consider it the best Lebanese Restaurant outside of Detroit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant, stillReturn2Dined on 8/22/2013My wife and I had our very first date at this restaurant in 1995, and during a return visit to DC we decided to return for a belated anniversary. The restaurant was updated very nicely but still had that warm, welcoming feeling that it had in 1995. The food was great, the service was wonderful, and it was a great evening for my wife and I. The next time we make it back to DC from Seattle, we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not planning to return -OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2013The other locations far surpass, in both food and service. This is the second time we had dinner here in the past month, and I've had it. Our food was disappointing my - husband's lamb was overlooked, and my eggplant dish was drowning in yogurt, and our server really turned me off. When I questioned her about the house white wine, she said perhaps I should look at something "cheaper." (What on earth is that supposed to mean?) I hate it when a server removes dishes from some diners, when others are still eating. Well, No surprise here. I told her to come back later, when everybody was finished. For our last visit, our waiter spilled sauce from one plate all over the table, as he was clearing the dishes.
- Excellent service and foodMcIeatsDined on 8/4/2013Was pleasantly surprised when we entered - lovely setting - plus attentive staff and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.