Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 02007Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 2022658681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 11:30a.m. -4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
DJ Dance Nights Friday & Saturday NIght starting at 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: DJ Dance Night - Friday and Saturday starting at 10:30pm
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (29)special occasion (17)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- It was Valentine's Day - butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2010It was Valentine's Day - but it wasn't that busy. We got seated right away. The menu is very impressive as well as the wine list. The waitress did try to rush us into ordering, we instead ordered wine first then our appitizer and entree. Other tables got bread while waiting, we didn't, and it seemed to take forever for the appitizers, then it became clear why - the entrees arrived before the appitizers did. We asked them to take our entrees back so we could enjoy our appitizers first. Of course, they didn't make a fresh dinner for us, they just kept our entrees luke warm in back. While the food was decent, I was very dissappointed by the service. I may give it another try, but it will be a while.Special Features:
- As always, food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010As always, food was great and service very good. It is a reliable place for a group of people with diverse eating habits.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner. Very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2010Excellent dinner. Very attentive wait staff...prices were relatively moderate. An excellent dinner.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2010The food was pretty good when it actually arrived. We waited OVER AN HOUR between our appetizers coming out and the entrees finding their way to our table. Lebanese Taverna is horribly prepared to deal with large crowds, so this restaurant may be a much better experience on slower nights.Special Features:
- The best Middle Eastern foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2010The best Middle Eastern food we have eaten without actually going to the Middle East!Special Features:
- I like this place becauseGroovySisterVIPDined on 2/11/2010I like this place because I can be assured of a certain quality of food and service. The newer menu is not as imposing but they do the basic kabobs and hoummous dishes as well as ever. the wine list is overly dependent on lebanese wines and the other reds are ordinary (and there is no one really to provide any guidance) we recently asked for a 2007 cab but a 2008 arrived with no discount or understanding that there was difference between years. recommended for locals and groups. great in the summer.Special Features:
- Love their food! On this visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2010Love their food! On this visit at lunchtime, we had slow and inattentive service. But once ordered, the meal arrived quickly. The soda I ordered with my lunch didn't arrive until I was nearly finished with my entree.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious,JanetVIPDined on 1/25/2010Everything was delicious, and the service was excellent. I thought it was great value, and have never been disappointed at Lebanese Taverna. Huge menu with many things you can't get at other Middle Eastern restaurants. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2010This was my first trip to this Lebanese Taverna and it did not disappoint. The service was quick and the food was superb.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2010Food was good, service was good. Even though it was a Saturday night and they had people waiting for tables the server did not try to rush us, we really appreciated that. Only caveat: it is very noisy.
- This was the first visit forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2010This was the first visit for three friends to the Woodley location. It was a great choice. The food was great -- enough leftover for lunch on Tuesday. We did not drink anything but water. Our choice. Waiter was very good and explained the menu to these first-timers so we understood the difference between the Monday special and the regular menu. We were not rushed and plates were not pulled away from the first finished while the others were still eating. It is sooooooooooo rude when wait staff clear the plate of one or two before others are finished. Who wants to keep eating when no one else has a plate in front of them????? The meal and ambiance were very good and we would all recommend LT to others.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 10OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2010I made a reservation for 10 people over the noon hour. The table was ready to go, the service was excellent as was the food. The vegetarian food selection was very good as well. I would highly recommend the Lebanese Taverna!Special Features:
- The food at Lebanese TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2009The food at Lebanese Taverna is always good. However, we went on New Year's Eve for the special New Year's Eve event that included unlimited mezza plates, belly dancing, etc. When we were seated that evening, we found out that the event was canceled at Woodley Park and moved to the Bethesda location. One of the employees told us that they called everyone who made reservations. We were never called nor emailed. I had even called the restaurant that day to make a reservation edit and asked if the event was going on still. The employee on the phone had said "yes". The manager was nice and gave us a campagne bottle to make up for it. Next time I hope the restaurant makes sure to let everyone know the event is canceled.
- I've been to the originalVIPwithOpenTableVIPDined on 12/27/2009I've been to the original Lebanese Taverna in Arlington, VA, numerous times as a child. It was my first time dining in the D.C. location of this "chain." The service was not as good as it's been in the Tysons Galleria and Arlington locations, but it was adequate. The food was very good and almost identical to the McLean and Arlington locations. I probably won't return to the D.C. location -- only because parking is a bit tough and the service wasn't exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent and authentic LebaneseSuzyDined on 12/10/2009Excellent and authentic Lebanese dishes. Friendly service. Nice setting.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Lebanese TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/30/2009I have eaten at Lebanese Taverna many times and never had a bad meal. Great food at reasonable prices and very friendly staff - a staple of my DC restaurant favorites.Special Features:
- Overall the experience weOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2009Overall the experience we had at the Lebanese Taverna was good. We dined with a group of six and did make a reservation, but unfortunately we had to stand around at the door for upwards of ten minutes while they put together our table. Additionally, for the group of six, they gave us a tight table in the back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. Obviously on busy nights someone has to sit there, but with a half full restaurant do you really need to squeeze a large group into a too-small noisy space? Otherwise, the service was good throughout the meal. My meal was good, although my fiancee's lamb steak was cooked a bit unevenly. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal, especially the group's vegetarian.Special Features:
- It took them a while to seatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2009It took them a while to seat us and a waiter to get to us. Once we ordered, everything came very quickly and hot and they were very attentive. Our waiter made suggestions that were very good. Their creme brulee crisper was broken so we couldnt have it, which would have been nice to know when they handed us the menu since he knew immediately when we ordered it and said it had been broken for a few days. Overall, it was a fun spot. great for groups since it was a bunch of really yummy small plates which we could share which meant we got to taste a lot of different thingsSpecial Features:
- Althoug I made a reservationXXXXVIPDined on 11/21/2009Althoug I made a reservation for 12 people, we couldn't get any table since the restaurant was very crowded. I tried to tell a person at the front counter that we made a reservation, however, there were hundreds of people who also made reservations but still couldn't get tables. Therefore, we, 12 people, just needed to leave the restaurant and find a new place. It was a horrible experience, and I feel sorry for the other group members who were looking forward to having dinner at Lebanese Taverna. Although I still believe that Lebanese Taverna serves excellent food, and it is one of my favorit restaurants, I feel they shouldn't join OpenTable.com if they cannot guarantee our reservations.
- I always love the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009I always love the experience of going to Lebanese Taverna at Woodley Park location; the latest visit, however, was not as successful as earlier ones. We weren't seated until 7:45 p.m. -- admittedly it was a very busy night -- after a 7 p.m. reservation. The host graciously comped us with free hummus/pita bread and baklava for our delays, so that was very nice. However, I notice the next day that we were charged for two sets of drinks on our table bill despite the fact that the first round of drinks (wine) were paid for at the bar. So I wasted $25 on the restaurant. My fault for not checking the bill earlier, but it left a sour tinge on the night.Special Features:
- VERY NOISY! HARD TO HAVE AOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009VERY NOISY! HARD TO HAVE A CONVERSATION AT OUR TABLE.
- The food was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009The food was excellent but the server experience was lackingSpecial Features:
- We received great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2009We received great service from the minute we entered the front door. These guys are the greatest!Special Features:
- Food was really great, hadn'tCfidDined on 10/31/2009Food was really great, hadn't eaten there since early nineties, was as good as I remembered.Special Features:
- My family is Lebanese, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2009My family is Lebanese, and I usually only eat Lebanese food at home or family gatherings. Lebanese Taverna my absolute favorite Lebanese restaurant. I have taken many of my friends here, and many of them have never eaten Lebanese food before. We all love it!Special Features:
- Have been to the LebanesepsygistDined on 10/17/2009Have been to the Lebanese Taverna numerous times when I visit the DC area. This restaurant never fails to impress. The food and service are consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- The meal was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2009The meal was well prepared and tasty. The pace of the meal was that of fine escargot before the stove. I nearly fell asleep before the bill. Fortunately it was not that much of a shocker.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2009Fantastic food and service. I have been here a couple of times and always love it. It's not the most intimate place, better for big groups. The food definitely lends itself to sharing.Special Features:
- Made this reservation to celebrateMikeKVIPDined on 10/11/2009Made this reservation to celebrate a birthday and get together with friends who had not been seen in a while. The food was very good, but our waitress was rude, inattentive and seriously diminished our experience. We were a party of 6, and she clearly wanted us to order from a pre-set group menu the restaurant has.When we chose not to, she clearly became annoyed. Refused to speak above a whisper, requiring every person at the table to ask to have things repeated. She then tried to rush us out of there, going so far as to remove dishes and glasses from the table while people were still finishing their content. Her attitude really ruined the evening for us.
- One of my all time DC favorites.tuffcluckDined on 10/4/2009One of my all time DC favorites. Great food. Great for groups.Special Features:
- Entrees arrived within 2-3DCDinerVIPDined on 10/1/2009Entrees arrived within 2-3 minutes of our appetizers. The food simply was not as good as I recalled from earlier visits to the restaurant.
- The service is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2009The service is consistently terrible and the noise makes it difficult to have a conversation over dinner. It's unfortunate because the food is always god.
- Selection was excellent andPhillyFoodieDined on 9/26/2009Selection was excellent and the Mezza platters were perfect if you want a sampling and can't decide what to order.Special Features:
- Great value for money. AlwaysDCNYLONVIPDined on 9/25/2009Great value for money. Always a good meal, good service and you don't feel ripped off at the end of the evening. Food is generally excellent, although there have been off nights on occasion. In general Lebanese Taverna is a consistently good place for a casual meal out, with food you can't make better yourself at home.Special Features:
- Restaurant is good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2009Restaurant is good, but the service needs to be improved. They charged my credit card twice. They were slow, but fast in picking up their check. Definitely needs better management. If I receommend this restaurant to anyone, I will make sure to advise them to watch their bank account the next day because they might be charged twice. And that is a big hassle to solve.Special Features:
- I attended dinner with fourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009I attended dinner with four friends on a Saturday night. The weather was pleasant, so outdoor seating was very popular, but there was ample room inside. I was craving chicken shwarma after eating at another Lebanese restaurant the previous week. The menu is quite extensive, particularly for appetizers. Overall, the food was filling and not bad, but many things were simply rather bland. We had several appetizers, of which the haloum cheese and artichokes were my favorites - the rest were fairly bland. The chicken was also a disappointment. The meat itself did not taste as if it had been seasoned, and the tomato mixture was very different from my previous shwarma experience. I guess it's back to Laziza in Fredericksburg for me!Special Features:
- This is a great place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2009This is a great place. The service was good and our waiter was happy to explain the dishes and make recommendations. You could make a full dinner on the wonderful appetizer selection alone! Come hungry because you get a lot of food. We were here early in the evening before the bigger crowds came so the noise level was moderate. If the place is packed, I think it could be louder.Special Features:
- Pleasant and sprited largeHungrybVIPDined on 9/14/2009Pleasant and sprited large restaurant. Hard to fit all the mezza plates on the table at the same time. The bread was perfect and delicious.Special Features:
- We reserved a table, but satOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2009We reserved a table, but sat at the bar to watch the US Open final. Good, cheap bar food, nice wine, friendly crowd. We had fun!Special Features:
- Great ambiance, very reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2009Great ambiance, very reasonable prices, great selection of drinks, including Lebanese and Middle Eastern wine and beer, etc. Service, my personal pet peeve, was really good. I've been to the Middle East three times, and the food here is very authentic, well (but not overly) spiced, and plenty to go around for the money. Close to a metro (across the street) so convenience is a huge +++ too. Definitely recommend.Special Features: