Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
7141 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 3019518681x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily : 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch - Saturday & Sunday 11:30am -4:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: International Karaoke - Saturdays beginning at 10:30pm. Arabic, English and French
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Endless Hommus $6.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
Located in the trendy and fashionable Bethesda Row, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (34)special occasion (32)kid-friendly (23)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (12)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Neighborhood gemFoodie21VIPDined on 2/19/2014Wednesday date nite with great ambience. Beautiful architecture and soft lighting, great place to talk and nice bar scene for mingling. Service was good and the lamb shank and lamb kebabs- med rare delicious! Easy access to public parking and reasonably price entrees. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite in BethesdaBelladouxVIPDined on 2/17/2014The hummus and baba ghanjouj are favorites. The kibbeh sandwich was a little dry but I added some of the oil with zataar to improve the moistness. I asked our server to remove the red onions from the side salad and he didn't but that was the only misstep, service-wise (he seemed very young). The dining room is large so can accommodate all manner of guests, from a couple to a large group. The bar area is also large which is a nice option if you want a more casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014Loved the place.lovely ambience, good service &Great food!Special Features:
- another tasty meal away from homecarolandyDined on 2/16/2014As before, we enjoyed our dining experience in the Bethesda Lebanese Taverna. Good menu, attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Lebanese Taverna,RandyVIPDined on 2/14/2014We always enjoy Lebanese Taverna, but this Valentine's Day it may have been too much for the wait staff. Our appetizers were in the pre fix meal were mixed up twice. We like the ones we received, but would have probably enjoyed the ones we ordered even better! I think better preparation for a holiday special would have been in order. Regardless, the food was very good and we will return soon.Special Features:
- Awesome food!MirandaDined on 2/14/2014We have been to Lebanese Taverna many times. The food is always fabulous. This is easily one of our go-to faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Live2DineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Consistency is the key to a great dining experience. As always, Lebanese Taverna pleased on all levels...great food, outstanding service (attentive, but not intrusive). I particularly love that they are sensitive to diners with gluten allergies, so ask for the GF crackers if you want to enjoy the best hummus and baba ganoush in the city!Special Features:
- Yeah/Boomagoe99Dined on 2/12/2014Restaurant is quite nice and the food is good if you pick the right thing, however, parking in downtown Bethesda is a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMikeVIPDined on 2/7/2014Meal was great. Waiter was very attentive. For lunch it was a very good portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch menu!MichelleDined on 2/1/2014I've done Lebanese Taverna several times, but I've never done it for lunch. I was so delighted with the lunch menu and brunch options, I don't know I'll ever go back for dinner. It was fantastic! My friend and I got five appetizers. We got some cheese bread, the doughnuts, the egg fritters, the kibbeh (my personal favorite) and pumpkin kibbeh. Delicious, as always! Very friendly service. Thank you!Special Features:
- Horrible Reservation ExperienceEmptynestersDined on 1/25/2014Made a reservation several days in advance to celebrate friends 30th wedding anniversary, requested a nice table, away from the bar, kitchen, and serving areas. Called the day of the reservation to confirm the request. Despite arriving on time, we had a 20 minute wait before being seated. Offered a table next to the center service counter, directly across from a stack of used dishes (complete with bones), silverware, glasses, etc. Complained to a manager. He apologized, and we were seated at an appropriate table after another 20 minute wait. Fortunately, the excellent food offset the front-end experience. The manager? Never saw him again, never stopped by to even offer a complimentary drink or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bethesda GemDanaDined on 1/24/2014Great find in Bethesda, where you can get an amazing meal for not a super sky-high price. Love the atmosphere, and I've never had a bad meal here. Great gluten free options!Special Features:
- Consistently good!DCJoshVIPDined on 1/19/2014Always good, and good service. A pleasure to keep eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good priceMattDined on 1/18/2014We got a sampler to be shared among four people, but ended up bringing three boxes home with us. The food was delicious, and covered a good variety of Lebanese cuisine. I tried the arak, even though I'm not a huge fan of licorice. I didn't really like it, but can't hold that against them - I just wanted to try it since I'd never had it before. Our waiter was very helpful, kept the pita bread full, as well as our water (a big plus in my book). The decor was very interesting, particularly the lighting. And the price was not bad, either. Not counting drinks, it came out to about $25 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb LoverSusieQVIPDined on 1/15/2014This restaurant has lovely sampler plates and great bread. It doesn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Family Favourite !QueliDined on 1/13/2014My Favourite mediterranean food in Bethesda ! I love their appetizers and everything else on the menu ! Whether on a romantic date or a big party Lebanese Taverna is a great place to go ... Highly recommended !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outcbfly85Dined on 1/11/2014We had a pitcher of sangria and had several starters, the wait staff was vert attentive, we actually used a group on for this visit and it was great. I had not been to this location before the I highly recommend the Chef's platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alright for the priceFamilydinersDined on 1/11/2014We've been to Lebanese Taverna and it's been better. Sampler was not generous in size, Sea Bass was excellent, Lamb Sharhat ordered medium rare was very rare, Lamb Ouzi with grape leaves was very overcooked, hard, appeared they had it precooked.
- Had the chef's platter, whichfoodie007VIPDined on 1/4/2014Had the chef's platter, which is a sampling what their appetizers really. There is very little difference in the taste of each sample, however. I love the baklava dessert, however. Such a crispy shell, although the filling was very sparse.
- Loved it - as alwaysJimleemoVIPDined on 1/3/2014We've been to LT many times and always loved the food, setting and service. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodie5298Dined on 1/1/2014I have been to this restaurant's location in Falls Chuch, but this location is far better. While it feels a little cramped at times in the Virginia location, this one was spacious and hospitable. Although my friend and I had arrived before they were technically "open," the staff was happy to seat us. If I lived closer, I would definitely be visiting them again! I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Shoulda had wineNotWoodleyParkDined on 12/31/2013Both cocktails were watered down and the music was particularly loud at 7:00PM. Most of the appetizers were excellent, though the loud music (albeit early in the evening on New Year's Eve).
- best hummus and schwarma in agesWestchestervisitVIPDined on 12/31/2013wish there was anything this good in the nyc area. truly delicious food preperationSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy (the other) LTLaMarVIPDined on 12/28/2013Always a good, reliable spot. We enjoy the food, the only issue would be dishes tend to be salty, sometimes very much so. Once, I overheard diners at next table ask for theirs to be less salty, so evidently that is an option. We had a very good server, though it was odd that he would describe what we were ordering as we ordered it and again when served (we can read the menu...). The dinging room can go from almost empty to jammed in no time. Appears to be popular with families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening was a girl's nightKensBarbieDined on 12/16/2013The evening was a girl's night out. We shared small plates and each had a glass of wine. The food was delicious and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forbidden FruitGalsVIPDined on 12/13/2013We should have known that the Phoenician wasn't meant for Lenanon. Too bad that the Forbitten Fruit isn't served anymore. Hummus is standard, the skewers plenty. Unlimited pita. Bring your kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb shish-kabob was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/12/2013The lamb shish-kabob was absolutely delicious!!!! Perfectly cooked! The bread is sooooo good. Looking forward to our next meal there! Although there were several large parties that night, the noise level was very tolerable and we could easily talk to each other.Special Features:
- Food Quality Seems to be SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/11/2013I am concerned that one of my all time favorites seems to be slipping in quality. Both a recent visit to the original LbT and the Bethesda row, the food was just kinda blah. The service, however, was GREAT, especially the team in Bethesda RowSpecial Features:
- For an evening you can count onMollyBDined on 11/30/2013A beautiful restaurant with fantastic food. Portions are deceptively large...(or maybe they just feel that way if you eat too much of the addictive hot, puffed breads that come first.) The restaurant feels very "uptown" with high ceilings, low lighting, warm wood paneling, and walls made up of lanterns - a nod to the middle eastern theme. Wait staff are friendly and welcoming. In the end, the final word is the food is outstanding, unique and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysbromillDined on 11/30/2013Give me LT hummus and those warm pita pockets & I am a happy camper. Always amazing.Special Features:
- Not What It Once WasotberburVIPDined on 11/30/2013When it first opened, the Bethesda location of Lebanese Taverna was a flagship for the local chain, with a stylish dining room and a menu with an extensive selection of small plates (mezze). The stylish dining room remains, but the focus on mezze is gone; the menu is much shorter, and resembles that of the other branches. Food quality was good but uninspired and fell well short of that of the area's better Middle Eastern restaurants. Our hummus was fine, but my dish of chicken wings, while tasty, was served on a bed of lettuce and oil which made it impossible to eat neatly; my spouse left most of the fries accompanying his sandwich uneaten. This location is fine for those in Bethesda but no longer warrants a special visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceMelissaVIPDined on 11/29/2013Terrible service from the hostess and waiter. Snubbed by the hostess and waiter acted like we were troublesome although we were probably the easiest table to cater to (no kids, in and out within an hour, etc.).
- Plan to go elsewhereknowledgeableDined on 11/29/2013Only the bread was really good. Ok place if you are bringing kids but for adults who know a thing or two about good food, this is the bottom of our list.
- Always goodJbushDined on 11/27/2013You can always count on a good meal at Lebanese Taverna. Great casual dining; especially if you have a vegitarian in the group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the nicest of theBillDined on 11/24/2013Probably the nicest of the Lebanese Taverna restaurants. Candle light. Full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We really enjoy the food at LT. However, we have had the same server twice now and he is terrible. He ordered us around to help him make room on the table for our food, the food came out really fast with our apps and entrees coming right on top of each other (and within 10 minutes of ordering, so no time to enjoy our drinks), and then there was a 30 minute delay after eating on dessert (which he basically blamed on me when we asked about the delay, as if I should have known I chose the one that took a long time to prep), but coffee came right away. He dropped food on my coat next to me and did not apologize about doing so. We will go back, but we will have to find a seat where there is another server next time. This guy is a poor excuse.
- Don't site in a boothOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013Everything was great except for the seating. They have booths with fixed tables, where the table was to high for anyone under 5"5" and to tight for individuals over 6'.Special Features:
- Good food for a special occasionDaphneMarigoldDined on 11/15/2013I reserve this restaurant for special occasions with a group of close friends. The good food, fine service, and lovely décor create a thoroughly satisfying dining experience.Special Features:
- Food portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013My dinner experience with Taverna is great, but the food portion that me and my girlfriend get, which was pretty bad. The food was good,but I don't think that we got enough food for what we paid for. I suggest that they can add bit more portion or reduce price to little to attract more customers.Special Features:
- Great foodLovefoodVIPDined on 11/1/2013We have eaten here many times. Food is very consistent and very delicious. Their hummus is some of the best around. We had very good service. We ordered little plates and our table for 2 was really too small. That was my only issue. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.