Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
7141 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 3019518681x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily : 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch - Saturday & Sunday 11:30am -4:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: International Karaoke - Saturdays beginning at 10:30pm. Arabic, English and French
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Endless Hommus $6.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
Located in the trendy and fashionable Bethesda Row, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (30)special occasion (28)romantic (19)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- NicoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014My father and I ordered the lamb shank which looked great, but arrived cold on the inside. The service was so sparse that we couldn't even ask them to heat it up further. We did receive baklava on the house as an apology, but I would have preferred them to stop by and check in.
- RedsDined on 5/24/2014A terrific place for a family dinner on a Sunday evening or for a group of friends after the movies any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty authentic Lebanese tasteAsianStirFryDined on 5/18/2014Loved this place for the flavors that are true to Lebanese style cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good foodRepeatdinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Good food as always, other aspects less consistent. Can't help comparing to other familiar Taverna locations (esp Tysons), those have a warmer ambiance & more reliable service - we will try again, since the quality across the restaurants is usually excellent & we may have hit an off nightI would recommend this to a friend.
- escellentoceanmanVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food is always well prepared and very tasty. There were 6 of us and we were very comfortable in a booth....Special Features:
- Delicious Casual EatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. The staff was very responsive and the food was plated with elegance and delicious, especially the Humus Trio.
- Great food, lovely atmosphere.deniseDined on 5/17/2014We have eaten there 3 or 4 times and would certainly recommend it. The overall experience is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingbreakfastloverVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great Lebanese restaurant in the heart of Bethesda. The whole mediteranian sea bass was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlidingHOWESADined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is not keeping up. The menu has continued to shrink over the years, and now the overall quality of the food is following. Stick to the appetizers.
- Lebanese TapaswriterladyDined on 5/10/2014I've had takeout from this middle-eastern restaurant many times, but this was my first actual visit. What a surprise! My friend and I put together a banquet of six small plates--appetizers and salads, each perfect for two--and tasted many items that we had never tried before, since they are not on the traditional takeout list. It made for a very enjoyable meal in an attractive outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSK18Dined on 5/10/2014Saturday evening advance celebration of Mother's Day. Food was very good, service excellent and they were most accommodating and gracious with our 1 1/2 year old grandson.Special Features:
- Locally Owned - Great FindLuvLocalDined on 5/9/2014The food was delicious. We were visiting from out of town. I always do an internet search for natural, locally owned restaurants and Labanese Taverna came up on my list for Rockville. I loved reading the story of how the family came to the US and started the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentConsistentDined on 5/9/2014Lebanese Taverna is the place to go when you are not sure what you want to eat. It is especially good when you have a diverse group. There is something for everybody including a kids menu. I especially like that the kids dinners include hummus and carrots and celery for dipping rather than just fried food. The room is large and the tables are situated so that you do not hear the conversation at the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and pricesDCReviewer2013Dined on 5/4/2014You can definitely count on Lebanese Taverna for a good dining experience. Our waiter was great and the food was delicious. The menu is definitely reasonably priced! Good for group.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 5/4/2014My husband and I used a Groupon there even though we're regulars. Yet another great dining experience starting with the piping hot housemade flat bread with the yummy herbs and olive oil dipping sauce. I can't seem to order anything else but the whole Mediterranean seabass entree which is delicious with moist flesh, crisp skin, pita chips, well grilled veggies and an addicting "tartar sauce" (not sweet!). My husband's grilled lamb loin was cooked perfectly to his specifications. We split the usual dessert we always order - the molten chocolate cake, yet another "desert island" food. Our server, Kareem, was professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependablecooltigerVIPDined on 5/2/2014We like Lebanese Taverna for a dinner where we know we can have both delicious lamb and shrimps. We share and it's great with their Lebanese rice pilaf.Special Features:
- JoRBDined on 4/20/2014The food was delicious; service was excellent. Waiter could answer all the questions about the food and its preparation. We were not rushed and could sit and talk after the meal was over. Lebanese Taverna is outstanding. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great Sangria!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The food was quite tasty but not as much as it smelled from the kitchen!! Wow! Very convenient to park and walking around the Bethesda shopping area was fun.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.foodie4lifeDined on 4/12/2014This used to be a favorite, but it's resting upon its laurels. Or maybe we have simply come to expect more. There are so many other restaurants in Bethesda that offer more of everything for the buck...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-existent service, DC > MD foodSamADined on 4/9/2014Without a doubt, the DC location is superior to the Md. location in pretty much every way. 1. The food is shockingly better. We recently went to the Bethesda location, and, in most basic, the fatteh was tasteless, the salmon was overcooked, and the rest generally not as good as the restaurant is expected to be. 2. The service was non-existent. The place was not crowded, but the waitress was not available, so I had to flag her down twice for routine things (i.e. ready to order + please-for-the-love-after-two-hours-give-us-the-check)
- great food great atmospherelocalVIPDined on 3/30/2014Disappointed with the management, two couples in our party, we each arrived with a groupon and the restaurant wouldn't honor both even tho we had separate checks. Very disappointing. We had, each couple bought 3 groupons EACH, so excited to return to LT several times. Enthusiasm now dimmed.
- good food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014we dine at Lebanese Taverna frequently and always enjoy the food and service. During our last visit, on a busy Saturday evening, they also had a private party and our waiter was serving us and the party so the service was extremely slow, our waiter kept apologizing, however, the management should really have an extra server or two for occasions like these.Special Features:
- Food was good not great, atmosphereCatherineDined on 3/28/2014Food was good not great, atmosphere is comfortable. Table service just OK.Special Features:
- I have been to this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014I have been to this Restaurant and their lebanese Tavera in Rockville many times and the food is always excellent-Thank you nice job as usualSpecial Features:
- Always a good bet, food andLaMarVIPDined on 3/23/2014Always a good bet, food and service remain consistent. Tends to be on the salty side, so if you don't like salty or have health issues, ask that food be prepared with less salt. Service is good, there seem to be plenty of waiters/servers around so you are not likely to be ignored. The place can get busy quickly, then before you know it, it has emptied out. Would be nice if they had some parking validation for the nearby garage...Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereRobFromDCVIPDined on 3/23/2014This may be the best Lebanese Taverna in the DC area. Good Middle Eastern food at reasonable prices. Great service.
- Terrific food and serviceStefiDined on 3/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. The food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every bite was wonderful -finnimeDined on 3/14/2014Every bite was wonderful - the shrimp entree was perfectly fresh and perfectly prepared; the lamb shank entree was also delicious.The creme brulee was the best this foodie has ever had.Service was also wonderful, attentive without being obtrusive.We were able to reserve a table and get seated immediately after arrival, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 times a winnergg123Dined on 3/11/2014Consistency is important in the restaurant business. I have dined here at least four times and never had a bad dish or bad service. The food is always fresh and tasty. Simply prepared, nicely presented with an excellent service staff. I enjoy this restaurant and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalfoodielocalfoodieDined on 3/9/2014The dinner was very good. The sound level was tolerable and much less than some of the other Bethesda restaurants. We each had a different assortment platter that included many of the offerings on the menu. With a few exceptions everything was quite good and gave us an opportunity to try many different food options that were available. Maybe not at peak busy time, this is a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Service is SlippingEatItDined on 3/9/2014This may be an aberration, as I've eaten here before. But it seemed that the server didn't know much about the menu and didn't even seem to understand simple requests or questions. One diner in our group even changed her order because when she asked if a dish could be made without a certain allergen, she was not sure if the server understood -- and no one wanted to race around for an epipen It was like saying the difference Sam Adams and Bud is the brand. If this were a greasy spoon with an ever changing coterie of temp workers, that would be one thing. But the Taverna has been long known for its gracious and knowledgeable service. I'll chalk this up to an off-night, but I hope management takes notice of these issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Food was great. Service was great (very helpful waiter). Atmosphere was very lively and festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and varied foodlocalVIPDined on 3/4/2014Lebanese Taverna is a winner, every dish is so tasty, and the variety offered is tremendous. We had an especially knowledgeable servor who was superb as well.Special Features:
- Yet another nice, deliciousJudyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Yet another nice, delicious dining experience at Leb. Tav. The bread is deliciously warm - nice that it comes in white and whole wheat - and the accompanying herb and olive oil dip is very tasty. My husband and I both ordered the salmon entree and the salmon was nicely grilled but even better were the accompanying bulgur pilaf and grilled veggies (especially small onions). We always split the molten chocolate cake dessert and, as usual, it was gorgeous with marshmallow and pistachio ice cream accompaniments. Great service as usual too. Our waiter, this time, was Ahtman (sp?). We love the fact that the chain is family owned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014We first visited the Lebanese Taverna in Arlington and returned regularly throughout my daughter's childhood. When we moved back to the District, we missed our Arlington haunt, but then found a branch in Bethesda, We were thrilled and immediately booked a table. The food was as good or better than usual, especially my vegetarian entree. Parking is easy in the next door ramp. Ambience is modern and quiet. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousRickVIPDined on 2/28/2014I love LebTav. It's one of my favorite restaurants that I crave if I haven't recently visited. We started w/ hommus and I had the lamb fatteh. So good. Service was a little slow even though they weren't busy, which is uncharacteristic, but they were friendly as always.Special Features:
- Lebanese Taverna BethesdayummyDined on 2/22/2014Of all of the area Lebanese Taverna restaurants, I like the Bethesda branch the best. The food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch but awkward karaokeJasonVIPDined on 2/22/2014We really enjoyed the food. Unfortunately, a wife of one of the owners was practicing her less than stellar Top 40 karaoke skills in the middle of the restaurant for over 45 minutes. It was clearly disturbing all of the patrons and the wait staff, but that didn't seem to matter.
- Best Middle Eastern!MimiVIPDined on 2/21/2014I had accidentally booked my table for the long night but Johnny the maître d' was very accommodating. Well we ended up sitting at a bar table Tommy made sure that we were pleased, and as always the food and service was excellent! Our favorite are the kibbeh appetizers and the lamb ouzi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014I have eaten at Lebanese Taverna before, but this was the first time we went for dinner during the weekend. The restaurant was packed and this negatively affected both service and quality of food. It took very long for someone to come and take our drinks order, and 30 minutes on, we were still waiting for our drinks. As the crowds left, our service improved; but the food remained less than stellar...Disappointing...Special Features: