Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
700 Water Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3035614450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Roller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome & can reserve our Nautilus Ballroom, special picnic area, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge & Exhibit areas for your functions.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3035614459
- Entertainment: Aquarium Adventure Exhibit is over one million gallons of family fun! Discover how much fun & mystery lurks in the depths of our planet's aquatic systems. Observe swimming tigers & a variety of aquatic life such as sharks, otters & a vast array of fish from all water around the world. Don't miss out on the opportunity to Snorkel or Dive with the fish & sharks!
Call or visit our website to see the latest events & festivals being held on the weekends. There's always fun & adventure at the Downtown Aquarium!
A word from Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
Dive into food & fun at the Downtown Aquarium – an underwater adventure! We offer a unique dining experience where you are seated in front of 150,000 gallon aquarium centerpiece tank as you dine amongst the fish & coral. You'll love our mouthwatering menu items such as Grilled Mahi & Shrimp, Macadamia Crusted Trout, Bayou Shrimp Pasta, Fried & Broiled Seafood Platters, Sauteed Snapper, Stuffed Flounder, plus Beef, Chicken, Pasta dishes & delectable desserts. Before or after dinner, you can also enjoy cocktails, like our Redfish Rita, in our eclectic Dive Lounge. Continue your adventure & explore our Aquarium Adventure Exhibit with over 1,250,000 gallons of water that house over 500 species of marine life. Sumatran Tigers, Sand Tiger Sharks, Otters, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, Barracuda & other fascinating sea creatures await. Begin your Dining Adventure at Downtown Aquarium today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (156)special occasion (98)scenic view (92)good for groups (58)great for lunch (56)romantic (29)fit for foodies (28)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- We had a reservation at 3pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2009We had a reservation at 3pm and did not get a table until 3:45pm. I was not happy with the wait, but when we got a table the service and food was good. I just think if you make a reservation in advance, the restaurant should honor it.Special Features:
- I will never go back. We didlaurieDined on 12/28/2009I will never go back. We did have a great table, however that was overshowed be the lack of service ( Our waiter was Joey). It took at least 45mins for drinks to be brought to the table. And the food was a whole other story, When it did finally arrive, two of the six meals weren't even what was ordered, and of course Joey never came back to check on the meals once they were brought to the table. Then we had to hunt him down to get the check. Over all we will never go back
- My family had our ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2009My family had our Christmas Eve lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant and loved the experience and the food. They have voted to return next year.Special Features:
- The staff was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2009The staff was very pleasant and patient with our group. The food was tasty and we had fast service. Nothing more could we ask for.Special Features:
- Food was surprisingly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2009Food was surprisingly delicious and portions were generous. Kids desserts were best I've ever seen - very creative and a huge hit. Service was excellent and there wasn't a bad view in the place. Wonderful relaxing dinner, will definitely be back.Special Features:
- IT WAS A LITTLE PRICY CONSIDERINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2009IT WAS A LITTLE PRICY CONSIDERING IT WAS NOT THAT GREAT(FOOD). THE VIBE IS GOOD AND THE SET UP IS NICE. GREAT FOR A FIRST TIME THING.Special Features:
- I went for my birthday hopingRomancierDined on 12/4/2009I went for my birthday hoping to benefit my kids. I reserved the table quite a bit in advance and requested the "best seat in the house." That is certainly not what we got. There was more scenery at the Fresh Fish Company in Tamarac. You have to pay EXTRA to go view the fish. The food was TERRIBLE! Our servers were the better part of the evening and that was because they kept our drinks full. Otherwise, I would NEVER eat there again. They did have a nice looking bar and some event rooms that looked very nice but unfortunately we did not experience any of those niceties. This place was nothing like what I heard. I may go back to tour the aquarium. Can't say that even looked very good because we never saw much of it.Special Features:
- Great fun for my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009Great fun for my daughter's 4th birthday. You simply cannot beat the ambiance. A diver came down into the large tank and went along the glass blowing bubble rings for all of the kids, very fun. She loved it. On family Friday's, the price is great too, $2 kids meals and free parking. Kids get in for $5 to the aquarium too. The aquarium is fantastic and we enjoyed that tremendously. The weakest link is actually food quality. The presentation is very nice with a fantastic view and polite service. The food was lukewarm, and the blackened fish tacos were fairly devoid of taste. If this restaurant could kick up the food a notch or two, it would be a truely fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Our dining experience at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2009Our dining experience at the Aquarium Restaurant was memorable and I would recommend it to others looking for something new or for a special occasion. We went for my birthday and after reading the reviews here on OpenTable.com, I made the reservation for 7:00 p.m. for the Saturday night. It was perfect because most of the younger kids were leaving and we had a great table right next to the Aquarium. One thing to note: Make sure you request a table next to the aquarium glass if you want a close view...that does mean you will be in a table and not one of the curved booths. Truly there isn't a bad table in the house though.Special Features:
- The Thanksgiving buffet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009The Thanksgiving buffet was really good, a lot of selections, but missing dinner rolls which in my book is a mainstay for Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- We went here for Thanksgiving,dagunk1787Dined on 11/26/2009We went here for Thanksgiving, in large part, because we let my niece and nephew pick the spot. Dinner was a buffet, and in addition to a traditional meal, they had multiple other options that assured that everyone had something they could enjoy. The food was just okay--the turkey was dry--and nothing was outstanding, but nothing was bad. The only real low light was, being a buffet, watching inconsiderate people slop over the food--at one point my sister saw a woman eschewing the tongs at the shrimp table pick up various shrimp with her hands, examine them, deside they weren't what she wanted, and put them back. Yum. The biggest draw was the giant tanks, which kept us all rapt with attention.Special Features:
- This was a special buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009This was a special buffet for Thanksgiving. The reservations were running behind schedule and seatings were delayed. By the later seatings the food was sparse and cold; not a good value for the money on this occasion. Perhaps the regular dining is better, this was our first visit.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009We enjoyed our experience very much. However, for $35 a person, I wanted something to savor. Nothing I ate made me say, "this is wonderful." Also, the desserts were all too sweet and none tasted "home made", a bit of a disapointment on Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- We had a great time! My kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2009We had a great time! My kids are still talking about it days later. The food was good and the service was awesome.Special Features:
- The views in the fish tankOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009The views in the fish tank are phenomenal I was mesmerized by the fish along with the wine list and dinner, good portion size on all food and the food tasted great the fried seafood platter was awesome along with the fish tacos.Special Features:
- The ambiance was great withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009The ambiance was great with the fish tanks. However the four of us thought that the food was very overpriced for the quality.
- Hi, We were there for a friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009Hi, We were there for a friend's birthday. There were seven of us and we all agreed that this was one of the best lunches ever. We will all come back again. The Aquarium was next for us and it was great too. Lots of people, but still moved along nicely. Julie AdamsSpecial Features:
- The food was bland and withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2009The food was bland and without flavor the service was mediocre at best. I and my wife will NOT return. The Price far outweighed the food quality. In short it was HORRID for an anniversary dinner.
- I have absolutely no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009I have absolutely no complaints about this restaurant. It was unusual, fun, and the food was great. The wait staff was better than some of the more high priced establishments in Denver. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Everything seemed to be deepOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2009Everything seemed to be deep fried..nothing special for the price and would not recommend to any one unless for children.. fish in the tank were cool.. very over ratedSpecial Features:
- Great time for a father daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009Great time for a father daughter day! I had requested a glass side table so my little girl could see the diver and fish and the restaurant delivered. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- My mother chose the AquariumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2009My mother chose the Aquarium for her Birthday dinner, she had dinner at the Tennesse location and wanted to show us kids something different. The service was excellant and we were pleasantly suprised when our food was served so quickly. The food was had excellant flavor, and presented well.Special Features:
- We ate at the Aquarium restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2009We ate at the Aquarium restaurant on a Friday evening, made reservations, and got seated right beside the aquarium. The kids were entertained by the fish through the whole meal, and even got to watch a diver feed the fish. The food was great, not overpriced at all for the serving size and the experience. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- I think the enviroment isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2009I think the enviroment is great!. It is a nice place to have a dinner or lunch. They have a lot of details and sea decorations. It's great for kids. The service is great and the food is good but a little expensive. I think go to the restaurant ones in awhile is fine.Special Features:
- Too expensive. Food not thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009Too expensive. Food not that good. I will go again to the aquarium, but not the restaurant.
- Service was excellant. TooOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2009Service was excellant. Too noisy. There was a huge birthday group next to us and kids were up and down and one swung on the back of my chair and bumped me repeatedly. We didn't get to sit next to the aquarium and that made me unhappy. I was told that I had to specify in my res. Wish I had known. Oh- the food was fantastic.
- Sat right next to the fishies.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2009Sat right next to the fishies. Very surprised and delighted when a deep sea diver came up to the window. Had a shrimp platter. Delicious!! A great experience for a couple from Canada. Thankyou!!
- The aquarium restaurant hasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/1/2009The aquarium restaurant has become a tradition for my son's birthday dinners.Special Features:
- I was a little concerned aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2009I was a little concerned about eating here after reading some of the reviews, but we had a lovely time. Our server was attentive and, while we only ordered salad and a flatbread pizza, the food was well prepared and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- When we arrived they had usOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2009When we arrived they had us down for 7-pm for 5 people. It was suppose to be 7 people at 6 pm. We sat down and ordered an appetizer and then ordered our food. Something terribly wrong happened after that. Several tables had been seated after us, some almost a half hour later and they were getting their food before us. My husband found our order form on the ground next to the table next to us. When we inquired about it they said our food would be right out. The vegetables on everyone's plate was cold and some of the food was luke warm. Not sure what happened. The fish tank is great to look at and everyone enjoyed seeing the diver feed the fish. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- I had the Coconut Shrimp whichOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009I had the Coconut Shrimp which was very flaverful with the basic fries for the side. My wife had the Macadamia Nut Encrusted trout with vegatables. The fish was very good although the veggies we basic. We had the cheesecake for desert and that was outstanding. Don't expect a quiet dinner as children tend to bump tables to get a better view of the aquarium.Special Features:
- Very nice but way too priceyPauleyDined on 9/18/2009Very nice but way too pricey for anything but special occasions or after winning a jackpot.Special Features:
- This restaurant was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2009This restaurant was great! I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I felt like a kid again eating dinner in front of the glass watching all the fish. I couldn't wait for the next type of fish to come around! That was my first experience with the downtown aquarium restaurant and my first visit to Denver. I would definitely come back to eat if I visit Denver again.Special Features:
- We had a great time in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2009We had a great time in the Water Room for our small party/family dinner for my brother's 30th birthday! Nice waitstaff, good food and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Very surprised with the qualityDjrandDined on 9/6/2009Very surprised with the quality of food, loved the atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent place, first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009Excellent place, first time I have been there but family had before... Recommend to friends it was a great place to dine after seeing the exhibit...Love the atmosphere and the cost appropriate for the scene and food. Excellent food, received lots for what we paid for. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- The food was expensive. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2009The food was expensive. The service was slow and they were not very busy. We wated a long time to order. Ambiance was fun and different.
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2009I was very impressed with how easy it was to make reservations and the table we were at was perfect. Our visit was to celebrate my daughters birthday and the result of the experience was beyond what we could have asked for, she wants to make the aquarium her yearly spot for her birthday. I will be telling friends and family about this wonderful place. The only thing I wish is that your prices were a bit more reasonable because it is expensive which make it a place to visit only on SPECIAL occasions and not just a family night.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2009My husband and I really enjoyed our lunch! The aquarium backdrop was beautiful and entertaining. The diver in the tank was the best! We loved watching him interact with the children and us for that matter! I really liked that even though it was an aquarium we were able to have fun without the kids! They will be with us next year though. We have made it a point to ad it to the list of "to do's" when we come back to Denver with the kids. I learned of you from a friend and have already told many others that it is a must to in Denver no matter how old you are!Special Features:
- We were really looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2009We were really looking forward to dining here. The atmosphere was good and it was fun watching the fish. The quality of our food was not up to par with the cost; it took an hour for our food to be brought to our table - all we had were fish tacos, a Caesar salad, and shrimp and fries. Our waitress was friendly, but should have given a reason for the delay or at least checked in with us. Will not return to eat here; probably just go to the exhibits.