Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
700 Water Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3035614450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Roller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome & can reserve our Nautilus Ballroom, special picnic area, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge & Exhibit areas for your functions.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3035614459
- Entertainment: Aquarium Adventure Exhibit is over one million gallons of family fun! Discover how much fun & mystery lurks in the depths of our planet's aquatic systems. Observe swimming tigers & a variety of aquatic life such as sharks, otters & a vast array of fish from all water around the world. Don't miss out on the opportunity to Snorkel or Dive with the fish & sharks!
Call or visit our website to see the latest events & festivals being held on the weekends. There's always fun & adventure at the Downtown Aquarium!
A word from Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
Dive into food & fun at the Downtown Aquarium – an underwater adventure! We offer a unique dining experience where you are seated in front of 150,000 gallon aquarium centerpiece tank as you dine amongst the fish & coral. You'll love our mouthwatering menu items such as Grilled Mahi & Shrimp, Macadamia Crusted Trout, Bayou Shrimp Pasta, Fried & Broiled Seafood Platters, Sauteed Snapper, Stuffed Flounder, plus Beef, Chicken, Pasta dishes & delectable desserts. Before or after dinner, you can also enjoy cocktails, like our Redfish Rita, in our eclectic Dive Lounge. Continue your adventure & explore our Aquarium Adventure Exhibit with over 1,250,000 gallons of water that house over 500 species of marine life. Sumatran Tigers, Sand Tiger Sharks, Otters, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, Barracuda & other fascinating sea creatures await. Begin your Dining Adventure at Downtown Aquarium today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (160)special occasion (102)scenic view (102)great for lunch (65)good for groups (54)romantic (32)great for brunch (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- GreatMichaelLo83Dined on 8/9/2014Hello, Im not reggie but my name is Mike. I help set up this day for a Co worker of mine and he said he loved it. I was telling him about the moon light speacile but he told me it didnt start until 6 at night? But his over all experience was great because it was better then he imagine sitting right next to the tank. His wife really enjoyed it and had a great time walking around.. He said thank you very much and he would love to come back and possibly thinking about making it every year for his aniversey. His Server was Ashley and She was very helpful and hard worker Thanks, Hope this help out Michael loSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We had little children with us and the service was too low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff & Good FoodSullyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I just moved out here with an infant, and he is at a stage where we really aren't comfortable leaving him with a babysitter we really don't know. I tried hard to find a good place for us to eat that was kid friendly and would hopefully offer him a little bit of entertainment while we ate. Well, he was entertained for about 20 minutes. The staff was great, and managed to bring everything out at the right time even though it was taking us so long to eat while we tended to him. Our sever, Cole, was very prompt and courteous, and our food was very good. Strongly recommend if you are looking for some good food in a family friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun For Kids... Bad serviceSweetAutumnDined on 8/8/2014The Denver Aquarurim is a unique dining experience for young families. The floor to ceiling fish tanks are captivating for the kids but the food and service was terrible. The hostess who sat us down didn't ask if we needed a high chair, she threw the crayons on the table and walked away. We waited for the waitress for well over 10 minutes while she apologized, her service was still bad. Our food came out cold and we had to ask repeatedly for the check. We will never go back there to eat. It was my daughter's birthday and there was nothing special.Special Features:
- God foodSadieDined on 8/7/2014He waiter was very acomadaing. We requested a table by the aquarium and got t fr 5 people . Kids were very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the kids!kzamDined on 8/4/2014The kids had a great time watching the fish swim by and the mermaid shows were a huge hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price Price PriceMyplaceDined on 8/4/2014I had sticker shock when I looked at the menu. The price's were different from the online menu and the kid's had to order off the kid menu since I could not afford to get the shrimp and lobster I promised. Kid's menu with some changes would be great, I could not afford to pay for 4 diners off the adult menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodbumedout8972Dined on 8/4/2014I was really looking forward to great seafood in a spectacular setting like the Denver Aquarium. The setting and service were excellent, however the food left much to be desired. Shrimp was rubbery breading was falling off, sauce of the pasta dish tasted like it was directly out of a canned premade sauce. Rice was over cooked and pasta was also over cooked. At $25.00 a plate this meal was extremely expensive for food that tasted pre-made and heated up. Also the Iced Tea had a bad bitter after taste that lingered.Special Features:
- Mermaids and munchiesMermaidsandmermen8Dined on 8/4/2014We came as a party of 4 adults and 4 kids. The fast service had our kids eating within a short period and then when out meal arrived the mermaids and other aquarium fish kept them happy and occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Beautiful place...food was good...service even better...I'd be glad to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicRelaxingbyfishDined on 8/2/2014We felt the music level and type of music didn't match what we felt the food type (upmarket) was on offer. We had the idea that given the cost of the food and the company who owned the restaurant, as well as the relaxation of watching fish calmly floating in the water, that it would be a more soothing environment. We didn't enjoy how loud the music was (it wasn't overly obnoxious) when wanting to have a quiet conversation, or the rock-style of music that was often playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PontesPontesDined on 8/1/2014Very neat to eat and then walk through the aquarium. The tigers were beautiful and the quality was pretty good. Definitely clean too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining ExperianceBrittK303Dined on 7/30/2014Normally I do not write negative reviews, but this was the WORST dining experience I have had in years. We decided to go here to celebrate my birthday and our first wedding anniversary. We made a reservation and still waited an hour to be seated, then another 25 minutes at our table and NOT ONCE did some one even come bring us water. After waiting to almost 2 hours (with a reservation) we walked out and went to El Senor Sol across the street where we had food in 10 minutes. While the excuse from staff was not enough staff, not once did we receive an apology or anything but rude demeanor from the hostesses. I was so excited to dine here and it was a total disappointment. I would urge anyone considering to make a reservation NOT TO!
- Slow serviceDenvertrek5Dined on 7/28/2014The service was terrible. It took over an hour for our food to arrive after we ordered, our waitress was mia after the food was brought out (good luck getting a drink refill), and she lost our credit card. The food was decent especially for a restaurant at an attraction but really there are much better places nearby.Special Features:
- fun for special occasionsbaileylindaDined on 7/26/2014The prices are a bit steep but food and service are really good. I love this place for special outings with my grandkids!Special Features:
- Recent dinnerluvs2eatathomeDined on 7/26/2014Found the fish excellent. Cole slaw rather dry and flavorless. Gumbo, stuffed shrimp, stuffed crab too hot (more like Cajun spiced). Great atmosphere as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very entertaining!!7birthdayDined on 7/26/2014We took our daughter for her 7th Birthday. The waiter was top notch, food was delicious and the girls loved to watch the fish dart around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choiceformerjerseygirlDined on 7/25/2014We were at the aquarium to watch our daughter complete her scuba dive for her certification. We were excited that the restaurant was part of the Landry's restaurant family. Landry's needs to disassociate themselves with this location. Clam chowder absolutely no taste even after adding salt and pepper, you could only taste the crackers. Chicken salad, again, absolutely tasteless, I never ever add salt to my meal and found myself reaching for the shaker. After being seated we waited at least 10 minutes before our server came to our table and took our drink orders. I can't imagine anyone eats here a second time.
- Great Family Restaurant!GreatfindsDined on 7/24/2014Went there with our kids and had a great time! Wonderful food, fun atmosphere, and attentive service. The only thing I wish they offered was tickets to the aquarium purchased from the restaurant while you eat. As it stands, you have to go back outside and stand in line for aquarium tickets if you want to go through after you eat. Just a suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of town guestsTourguideDined on 7/22/2014Fun place to take out of twin guests that have young kids. Food was good. I used Open Table to make dinner reservations and requested to sit close to the mermaids. We got there early and out table was ready and right up against the tank. The kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TownersUtahMomof4Dined on 7/22/2014We were in town from Utah and on a whim found out about the restaurant while searching for the times of the aquarium itself. I made reservations and when we finished our trek through the aquarium an hour ahead of schedule, the hostesses were pleasant and very accommodating with changing it for us. The highlight for us was the mermaid show while dining. Our 2 year old and twin 6 year olds were mesmerized and couldn't get enough. The food was very good and the service was great. We were offered a photo op as well, but declined. I would recommend this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From NJJerseyshoreDined on 7/19/2014Everyone was very nice but I should have realized that since Colorado is not near the ocean, they would not know how to cook seafood. The spices overpowered the taste of the seafood.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableKSL1954Dined on 7/19/2014Our waiter Cole took time to describe the fish in the aquarium near our table. The food was very good for kids and adults alike. Our granddaughter left her shark mug and they shipped it to us (we live out of town). Great experience.Special Features:
- Slowest dinner ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We were seated at 5:45 and didn't receive our entrees until after 6:45. The server was very flustered and said another server went home so she was busy. When we ordered we told her our son had a dairy allergy. She said she was going to have the chef come speak with us- never saw them. When we finally got our entrees she brought everyone except the baby's b/c she said the manager would bring it due to his allergy. The poor kid was starving and lost it when everyone had food except him. The manager tried to compensate by offering dessert- after being there for 2+ hours we just wanted to leave. She next offered passes for the aquarium, we passed being from out of state. Such a shame since it seems like a really cool concept of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Lots of fun & good foodkaydinesDined on 7/18/2014We went to this restaurant specifically to watch the mermaids. We were not disappointed - the mermaid show was awesome!! What surprised us the most was the excellent service and delicious food. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Denver.Special Features:
- SimplyYumDined on 7/17/2014Friendly service, fun and eye catching decor. Good food and great fun for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, descent foodJeTuDined on 7/16/2014This is a fun place to visit. Excellent atsmosphere inside the aquarium. Service was excellent. Food was good but not great. Very expensive.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprised!partyof7Dined on 7/13/2014My family of 7 (with 3 kids aged 3 and younger) had a wonderful experience. The food was way better than we had anticipated. My only complaint was that I was expecting a longer, more dramatic performance by the mermaids. It was fun to see a mermaid swimming in the water, but the description suggested there would be an environmental lesson or story. But that's nit-picking. The service and food were great for our demanding crew!Special Features:
- AWFUL AND OVERPRICEDCarrieDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has terrible food, very few GF options because everything is fried. The "mermaid show" consisted of about 5 minutes of two mermaids while they blasted a song from "The Little Mermaid" over the speaker. So unimaginative, as I find the entire museum to be. They do the bare minimum and charge an arm and a leg for every little "extra". The only positive thing I have to say is that I could get my parking ticket validated so that I didn't have to pay the outrageous $7 fee because we went after 6 p.m.
- Opa's 90th birthdayyodamomDined on 7/12/2014We took my Dad to the Aquarium for his 90th birthday. A easy day of walking through the Aquarium with all the family. Then lunch at the restaurant. I had asked for seating by the fish tank and was very happy with the table situated down the steps right by the aquarium. With only us and one other party down there it was very quiet and so easy to have conversations and with a party of 10 that is sometimes difficult in restaurants. The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable. We had a most wonderful time. Thank you.Special Features:
- MUST TRYKennyDined on 7/11/2014The food and service were GREAT. I recommend everyone eat at the Aquarium at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!GreeleygirlDined on 7/10/2014Been there twice in the last month for lunch. Both times I was treating someone to a birthday lunch. First time was excellent, second time we did not have a very good waiter. But I still loved the food and the surroundings. I definately plan on returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMJH123Dined on 7/9/2014Server was great and very patient with us. We had never been here before and found the food to be very good and filling. It was a longer walk from 16th street Mall to get here, but it is doable. Nice walk however if you like doing so. Taxi's are obviously available.Special Features:
- Ambiance good. Service slowKbhpiVIPDined on 7/6/2014Beautiful Restaurant, but kids are too noisy and allowed to run around. The service was extremely slow and our server didn't check on us often enough. Food was just so so for the price. We told them we were celebrating a birthday on our reservation and in person, but nothing special happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!HolDoll81Dined on 7/5/2014A great place for lunch or dinner! The kids especially enjoy being able to look at the fish while waiting for food to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was just okInthe319Dined on 7/5/2014The waitress forgot to put our order in. Once it was in it still took forever to get. The food is way overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- Sweet SpotBestShrimpInDenver10Dined on 7/3/2014This was my first time to the Aquarium and I was very pleased. Our waiter was were informed on how the food would be prepared. The aquarium was amazing and if that was not enough, there was a live mermaid show while we ate. What a surprise. The mermaids interacted with the children from inside the tanks. The food was very high quality I had steak and shrimp that was just divine. This is a Must Go for anyone heading to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Beautiful restaurant "under the sea" - great food, great service, and beautiful mermaids! Kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AND tastyMom3girlsDined on 7/3/2014We visited the aquarium then had dinner at the restaurant with our 3 rambunctious girls (9yo, 3yo, 2yo). There was an entire wall of aquarium with large fish, a large eel. At the end of dinner we even saw a mermaid show! Our waitress was fast, helpful & efficient. We all enjoyed our appetizer, dinners & desserts. We even tried a few specialty drinks kids and adult versions. Overall, a perfect evening on vacation for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Took my daughter and my 2 year old granddaughter. What an awesome experience!!Special Features: