1000 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://companysf.com/
- Phone: 4153747479x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - closing
We're open Memorial Day Weekend
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Karen Hoffmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-service catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Mezzanine room available for up to 20 people
Main Dining Room up to 40 people
Entire restaurant also available for up to 70 people
- Private Party Contact: Thuy (415) 374-7479x
- Cross Street: 22nd Street
- Public Transit: Bart 24th & Mission stop
J-Church Muni line with stop at 22nd & Church Streets
Bus Lines:14-26-48-49-67 with stops at 22nd or 24th Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Inexpensive public parking lot at 3255 21st Street (entrance) between Valencia & Bartlett with pedestrian exit on 22nd Street (only 2 quick blocks from our place).
Misison & Bartlett Parking Garage
A word from Hoffmann's Grill
A neighborhood eatery and gathering place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hoffmann's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (8)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- In the Company of good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2013Good meal at a great value. I am a notoriously tough critic - even my restaurant friends agree. However, I found very little fault with this place. Tue/Wed they do a 2 for $20 deal. A great choice of entrees with a dessert or app. I was there on a Wed, so we did that. Chopped salad was solid -very fresh and tasty. I had the Steak Frites, my fiancee had the Chicken on Faro. Both very good - steak perfectly cooked with seasoned fries & sweett potatoes - very nice. We also ordered the Grilled Octopus and Romaine which rivaled my recent benchmark at Kokari. For dessert we had a Paplova - a fruit tart of sorts on a boat of meringue - again very solid. This is a great find and I urge all to at least check it out. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Unique twist on comfort foodSuseeDined on 6/29/2013Eclectic and unique offerings with influences from European, Asian, and California cuisine. Well prepared with interesting ingredients. Fresh. Great service with smart, fun waiter. Good drinks. Not overpriced. Good spot.Special Features:
- Friday dinner. Group of 6.moregoodfoodpleaseDined on 6/28/2013Great service, friendly stuff, great ambience, great food, and overall a great experience. Only negative thing I have to say is the long time it took for food to make it to the table. My party (6) waited about 30 minutes for our entrees but when the food made it to the table it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindAlwaysEatOutDined on 6/5/2013Great new addition to the neighborhood. The food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood SurprisesandyVIPDined on 5/29/2013We headed over to Company on the recommendation of friends. We found a warm, welcoming atmosphere, wonderful service, fresh, flavorful and creative dishes. Very fresh and delicious offerings. We will go back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- You'll leave happyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/26/2013Discovered this place walking home one day. Have been twice and all the food & wine were fantastic. Friendly service (although they're still getting their sea legs) and a cozy atmosphere. And the roast chicken: my God!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not the best.EatrDined on 5/14/2013They had run out of things that we wanted, and their menu was already tightly chosen, so to lose an option was a blow. The service was slow and sometimes unattentive, although nice.
- I thought something was differentFredVIPDined on 5/2/2013I thought something was different for this visit to Company. I have been once before and knew the talent behind the restaurant - Chef Karen Hoffman. Upon arrival there was no greeting or acknowledgment of me as a opentable member. We were one of two tables in the restaurant. Service overall lacked even the most casual standards and was the most obvious factor that something was extremely wrong. The food was inconsistent from cold over seasoned fries to smaller than usual portions. I inquired from a few friends what was going on and had heard that Chef Karen Hoffman had left the restaurant. This is such a shame as she is so extremely talented and this space has such charm. I will look forward to see where Karen's next adventure leads her..
- Unfortunately, not as goodBencruzsfVIPDined on 4/30/2013Unfortunately, not as good as the first time 5 months ago. The rigatoni entree was undercooked; the pasta was still chewy and the peas were not all cooked. Their chicken wings were greasier than the first time. It was a disappointment since the first dinner we had there was really great. :(Special Features:
- It was our first time at Company,NicknameDined on 4/25/2013It was our first time at Company, and the food was amazing. We were there at the early part of the evening, so almost had the place to ourselves for the first 1/2 hour, but it was full when we left. The server was very helpful, and described the house made pasta perfectly. OMG. Thought I had gone to heaven. We will be back!Special Features:
- COMPANY STANDS OUTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013SF has 3,500 restaurants, but very few make me want to return. Company does. One qualification about almost all 3,500: why do they think NOISE adds to the ambience!Special Features:
- Unprofessional service andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2013Unprofessional service and poorly executed food. A total disappointment.
- Excellent food choices. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Excellent food choices. My fourth trip to Company and they always seem to have a changing menu with great choices. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced.. We were a party of six on this occasion and evryone thouroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Well prepared fresh food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013Well prepared fresh food and particularly exquisite roast chicken.Special Features:
- Service was a bit awkwardWonderfulVIPDined on 3/29/2013Service was a bit awkward (ordered soup and it came at the same time as my dinner). Menu is minimal, but everything was good. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I am glad it is in the neighborhood. Will try it again.Special Features:
- A great surpriseMartinVIPDined on 3/22/2013The menu seems straightforward, but the execution is creative and delicious. We're eager to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- This was our second dinnerAnOpenTableUserDined on 3/7/2013This was our second dinner at Company and we look forward to return visits. The food was excellent both times. The menu is eclectic and should satisfy even those with specialized diets -- there were a few vegetarian and gluten-free options for each course, for instance. The wine list is well-crafted, and there is a selection of interesting cocktails. We found the food to be moderately priced for the quality (at least for SF). Our servers on both occasions were attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly, without being cloying or overbearing. A big plus: our party of 3 had no trouble hearing each other and conversing, even as the place got busier and tables filled up. The decor could be warmer and more inviting, but we still give Company an A.Special Features:
- We've enjoyed dinner at CompanyLocalgirlVIPDined on 3/6/2013We've enjoyed dinner at Company several times, and have taken out of town visitors along, too. The menu is rich with colors and flavors of the changing seasons, each plate beautifully presented. Last time we went was in response to a special offer of 2 courses for $20 on Tuesday or Wednesday. I had a roasted root vegetable salad (fabulous) and a green onion risotto that is unforgettably delicious. My husband had a creamy parsnip soup followed by slow-roasted pork shoulder. Brilliant! -- and a bargain. We highly recommend Company and we'll be back again. Soon!Special Features:
- Deserves a 2nd chance!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2013The food was nothing to write home about -- even though the cooks have good pedigree from four Seasons. The parsnip soup was bland and luke warm, the Salad had too much blue cheese and was killing the taste of the rest of the salad. -- I think everyone needs to take a second look of this east west food thing!! . The fish entree for my friend was excellently cooked -- but the ump was not there. My pork shoulder dish was dry and very little drizzle of glaze/sauce with it. The service was also very slow -- I had to keep asking for pepper and water -- the server looked distracted even though they did not have business that night. I was a little shocked as I had read the reviews before going in and was expecting a better experience!Special Features:
- Food and service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/22/2013Food and service were good. Lunch menu was pretty limited. Decor is not very interesting or welcoming.Special Features:
- New discovery in the neighborhoodBirgitVIPDined on 2/20/2013New discovery in the neighborhood with great wine on tab, wonderful food and great service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- We love this excellent neighborhoodLocalgirlVIPDined on 2/19/2013We love this excellent neighborhood bistro, which just keeps getting better and better.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013The food was delicious, we enjoyed every course and every dish. Especially the kale chips.Special Features:
- Just ok. The food was mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/1/2013Just ok. The food was mediocre. The wait staff was poorly trained. There are too many great restaurants in the Mission to waste a night here. It was also really expensive. Too bad.
- Solid, but needs some adjustmentsursamajorsfVIPDined on 1/25/2013Our group of 8 foodies found Company to be good enough - we will try again - but could use some work in a few areas. The appetizers were excellent. Wine choices good. The atmosphere is...fair. Nothing special, but pleasant enough. Some of the entrees delicious (risotto); some good (pork chop); one ordered a burger well-done and it came medium rare. It was a busy night and we were enjoying ourselves, so did not get the opportunity to alert the server. However to Company's credit when they received the comment re: the entree not cooked to order, they promptly removed it from the tab. The desserts were very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent service, reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Excellent service, really good food and a nice vibe.Worth a visit.Special Features:
- The first time I went wasNomeDined on 1/12/2013The first time I went was great. This time everything was mediocre, from the food to the service to the atmosphere, not sure that I'd go again. Bummer, I really wanted to like it.
- The food was of good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/10/2013The food was of good quality and nicely integrated. Food was interesting, while not trying too hard to impress (like too many restaurants). Service was cheerful and accommodating. Kitchen too was flexible for special dietary requests. I would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Lovely meal. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013Lovely meal. The food was prepared with care, attractively composed and plated. There was a seasonal focus to the ingredients, for instance the persimmon salad was a favorite at the table. From burger to salmon, the entrees on the table were all well executed. The design of the interiors is clean and fresh, mod without being overly, a great place for wine with friends or even a special date. Can't beat the neighborhood. I'll be back.Special Features:
- I liked Company very much.FoodilikeVIPDined on 1/5/2013I liked Company very much. Good value, good service, and a lovely menu. My only ding is that the kitchen is very open and I could smell cooking oils in my clothes the next day. That's a common complaint i have in many places now, unfortunately. Most of the time I only want to smell like the food when I am cooking it.Special Features:
- Excellent flavorful and verySFLADined on 12/28/2012Excellent flavorful and very fresh food. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great new Mission SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012This is a wonderful new restaurant in the mission that everyone should try. The menu is simple and all done incredibly well. The bread and butter burger is fantastic and all of the desserts Jason makes are to die for. Definitely a great value and worth trying.Special Features:
- Our waiter was awkward — possiblyMulcaheyVIPDined on 12/27/2012Our waiter was awkward — possibly just very new — and it's a good thing the house was less than half-full because the staff had trouble keeping up as it was. But the food was quite good. They may just have some settling-in to do. I'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Everything was super delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Everything was super delicious. We had the salmon salad, cauliflower soup, risotto, burger, and the special which had THE most amazing homemade pasta. Service was fantastic. Prices are super reasonable for how good this place is. I will be back.Special Features:
- Tasty, tasty sandwich, greatLittlesDined on 12/20/2012Tasty, tasty sandwich, great soup, generous portions....Special Features:
- Nice, neighborhood restuarant.NeoflipsideDined on 12/15/2012Really enjoyed this place. The service was great. I liked the clean, modern and simple decor. My husbands osso buco was a bit dry but the flavors were there. My fish was delicious and cooked perfectly. I'm not sure why this place wasn't more hopping. We enjoyed it and would come again.Special Features:
- We had a great meal at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/15/2012We had a great meal at this new neighborhood restaurant. The high point for me was the flexibility of the wait staff and kitchen with special requests due to a peculiar diet. They were helpful and attentive, made adjustments at no extra cost, and prepared memorable chicken, fish and salad dishes. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Loved this place! My chickenBobGVIPDined on 12/14/2012Loved this place! My chicken was amazing, and the service was SOOOOOO good. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Planning my return visit!cmmdDined on 12/11/2012Two of us arrived ahead of the other four in our group and it was a warm treat to be welcomed with comfy bar stools and an apertif selection that included lillet and amontillado as well as a cava (for my friend who always begins the eve w/ champagne). Our table was already set and waiting for us. Perfect ! It took us some time to process through the menus and get down to ordering. But once we did , we found several intriguing dishes to explore and share. Everyone was raving on the dates appetizer (no spoilers here; you have to go try it on your own! NB, not the familiar chevre stuffing). Same results with the entrees. Don't know where they source the chicken from but they've got one up on many others. Am going back -- and soonSpecial Features:
- Great Food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012The chicken wings were an excellent starter, very tasty with just the right amount of tang to them. I had the pork osso buco and my wife had the swordfish, both of which were excellent. Left us too full for desert. Also had a very nice Pinot Noir with the pork. The server was very pleasant and the pace of the meal was just right. Will definitely return.Special Features: