44 Brattle Street (on the walkway)
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6178682255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mary Dumont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harvest offers the Fireplace Room for Private Events for 20 to 30 people. Our Semi-Private Alcove area is available for parties of 15 to 25. Our Back Dining Room accomadates parties of 40 to 60. Please contact Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Special Events: Every night we offer the $44 Brattle Street Menu; 3 Courses paired with wine that changes weekly. Our Business Lunch is offered Monday thru Saturday with 2 courses and $22 or 3 courses at $29. Each month join us for Harvest Reviews; A Special dinner of 4 Courses with Wine for $39. Please call Harvest for our special events reservations.
- Cross Street: On the walkway between Mt. Auburn and Brattle
- Public Transit: Red Line, Harvard Square T Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet offered on Friday and Saturday evenings only. Partially validated parking at University Place Garage on University Avenue. Metered Street parking available.
A word from Harvest
Located in the heart of Harvard Square, Harvest celebrates the modern American table. Harvest presents inspired American cuisine showcasing the region's freshest ingredients and seasonal product. Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch as well as our Bar Menu in the lounge. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor Garden Terrace (Terrace is seated on a first come, first serve basis). Harvest offers Private Dining from 15 to 60 people. Sit Down lunches, dinners and receptions are just some of the Private Functions Harvest can provide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Harvest - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)great for outdoor dining (154)special occasion (132)neighborhood gem (96)romantic (85)notable wine list (70)great for lunch (48)great for brunch (39)good for groups (37)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Very good food slow serviceWinerDinerDined on 8/28/2014The food is imaginative and delicious. We waited a very long time for entrees but nonetheless had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Excellent!BostonSeanDined on 8/28/2014Right from the initial presentation of the three delicious types of bread, I knew I was in good hands. They even offered me a free dessert in honor of my recently passed birthday!Special Features:
- Harvard Square GemPeterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Harvest is always good and their specials during restaurant week are great to try new offerings.Special Features:
- business lunchbarkley27Dined on 8/28/2014Had to hold an impromptu small business meeting / lunch - Harvest was perfect - they got us a table in a very quiet / secluded area of the restaurant - service was impeccable - food was great - it was as if it was an catered eventSpecial Features:
- Yet another endorsementCantabrigian10Dined on 8/28/2014I am glad to see the food at the Harvest remains uniformly good/excellent, is properly prepared and presented (I took a photo of it). My swordfish was outstanding; cooked just right (not easy to achieve). However, the waiter, while he did his job, was humorless and standoffish. The backup waitstaff who refill water are amazing, unobtrusive and smooth.Special Features:
- worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food, and presentation is wonderful. although pricy, you will not feel ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cambridge gemdiner3Dined on 8/25/2014This farm to table restaurant served us beautifully presented and delicious dinners (pork tenderloin and homemade pasta) during Boston's restaurant week. Great wine selection. Wonderful desserts. Fantastic service. Will have to return to try out the rest of the enticing regular menu.Special Features:
- Good food Good AtmosphereCanuckDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the meal. It was well presented and tasty. I had the seared tuna, which was delicious. My desert was too chocolaty and didn't have enough depth of flavour for my liking, but overall the savory dishes were good (my boyfriend and I each had a starter and a main).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Night on the TerracemellenVIPDined on 8/23/2014The outside dining area turns an always good experience into a wonderful evening. We went pre-theater and enjoyed oysters, caesar salad, blue fish and striped bass. All were uniformly excellent. The waiter kept things moving so we could make it to the show without rushing. Great option for fine dining in Harvard SquareSpecial Features:
- The Harvard Resto in Harvard SquareFoodProfDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a real find (both because it is tucked off the beaten path a bit and because the food/service were great). Service is exemplary - on a busy night things moved quickly. The wine list was great and the servers knew the dishes and wines well. The outdoor fireplace added great ambiance and the supplementary heaters helped with the crisp night air. Our party of 4 loved the experience and it will be a must do the next time we are at Harvard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Harvest is one of the most consistently excellent restaurants in the area. As always, food was interesting and delicious (Big Yellow Taxi Tomato Soup with grilled cheese/lobster sandwich, striped bass, seered with wonderful flavorings and vegetables), service was great, wine recommendation was perfect, and dining in the courtyard is always lovely. Waitstaff was also very conscious of our need to be out for a show, yet we never felt rushed.....a lovely evening...as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening on the townBenSahnDined on 8/22/2014Terrific food and wine, spot-on service, and dining on the outdoor patio made for a wonderful late August evening out. We appreciate that there were vegetarian choices too.Special Features:
- Always greatCraigDined on 8/21/2014Yet again a great meal, wonderful service, lovely space, and an all round fun night out. A standby that continues to stand out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a grown-up option in Harvard squarepbillDined on 8/19/2014Out of sight but not out of the way. Sheer romance of surroundings. Dedicated, ptofessional waitstaff and creative and thoughtful work from the chef and sous chefs. Low volume music is pleasant. Lighting and acoustics easy on the eyes and ears. Classy and friendly. Fresh local produce. Great wine cellar. There's nothing not to like about this place. Pricey but with good reason, and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePamRDined on 8/19/2014To fine at The Harvest. Dinner was very nice. We were there early before the theatre and were the only ones on the patio. By the time we left , after yummy ceviche , tenderloin and lobster Mac n cheese, the patio was full! A lovely way to spend a late summer evening!Special Features:
- murphymurphyVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have had good experience whenever "Dining out" is upon us. The lunch at Harvest was great with the food being the reason. We each chose one of the two offerings for first course and entree. The presentation was perfect as was the quantity. MY tuna was the best I have had, and I order it out quite often. Been to Harvest before and it has always been a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great againHieronymusDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were excellent, as is usually the case at Harvest. The outdoor patio is a special place to have a fine meal. If I had one complaint, it would be that the beautifully appointed and tasty dishes were somewhat minimalist, i.e., skimpy, considering the price. Nonetheless, if the three courses did not make us feel stuffed, they did not leave us hungry either. All in all, Harvest consistently delivers a satisfying dining experience.Special Features:
- adventurousdinersVIPDined on 8/17/2014Harvest is lovely. We were particularly impressed by the warm welcome at the hostess stand. The same nice people wished us a warm goodbye. We had great drinks at the bar while our table was being set up. Our food was served beautifully and it was tasty. The halibut was especially nice. Our server was nice, but a little hurried. We would definitely return. The courtyard alone is worth it. Very pleasant and calming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014It is a great restaurant. It deserves very high marks on food, and atmosphere. I have always enjoyed food and so have my guestsSpecial Features:
- urielmeshoulamVIPDined on 8/16/2014Usually the food is superb. This time, it was just "good." Will not deter me from returning!Special Features:
- Fruit FliesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My overall experience was extremely positive. However, the only negative comment I have is the number of fruit flies buzzing around our table the entire night. We were indoors and the waitress offered to move us but the tables around us were also plagued. I will probably go back, but only sit outside.Special Features:
- A Memorable 50th Birthday!Grimaces50thBDayDined on 8/16/2014In celebration of my husbands 50th birthday I purchased tickets to Finding Neverland at the A.R.T. I was pleased to see on their website the recommendation to several restaurants in the area. I viewed the menu for Harvest on-line then called to be sure there would be gluten free options for him. Dinner was excellent and his allergy was not a problem! Even served a special dessert (on the house) with "Happy Birthday", written in chocolate, on the plate. Very impressive! Only negative comment I have was I found the service to be a little slow. Worried we would be late. Wait staff was very attentive and loved the open concept where the food was being prepared. Overall, a wonderful dining experience for a very special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealsfitzpDined on 8/15/2014Super patio, very surprising after walking up the alley to get to the rear entrance. Super food, great wine list. Outstanding experience!Special Features:
- not badEricDined on 8/13/2014Nice place, decent food, though for this price I would have expected more...
- Great Food, Poor ServiceVTFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014We visited on Sunday night with a party of 5. We were seated in a lovely outdoor courtyard well protected from the hustle and bustle of the city. The food was incredible. We love long, leisurely dinners where we share everything so we ate at least half the dishes on the menu. The wine list was also excellent. Unfortunately the service did not begin to meet expectations of that level of restaurant. The wine steward was very knowledgeable but it took forever to actually get bottles of wine after we ordered them. We linger over courses for a long time but there were still long waits in between. The waiter had very little familiarity with the menu and we got creme fraiche on dishes despite requests of no cream/milk for lactose intolerance.Special Features:
- SwellVIPDined on 8/10/2014We can always count on Harvest for a wonderful experience. Delicious food and great outdoor dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!boathouseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ambiance is lovely (outside dining is spectacular), Service is exceptional and the Food is amazingly fresh, innovative and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco par excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Great dinner with champagne, seafood platter, fresh inventive, but reliable, salads and persuasive entrees capped by fun desserts. What could be better? Worth a drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 GNOCCHIOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Great food and it looked great. 4 single pieces of gnocchi in a $16 appetizer?? What is gnocchi? Potato, flour and egg, Chef, you can afford to put a few more gnocchi in this dish.Special Features:
- EdwaylandEdwaylandDined on 8/2/2014Excellent dinner for 5 of us. Reservations on time, great table, good paced service, well prepared and tasty food. Waiter mumbled so we had a hard time understanding him but overall top rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Connect with the customerPTCNYCVIPDined on 8/2/2014I gave Harvest 4 stars on the food but took one back on the service. Our waitress was technically good but seemed to lack any personality. At this price point I expect a more engaged staff eager to please. I didn't feel that here. I also felt the tables were way too close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night at HarvestDimitriVIPDined on 7/31/2014Until our recent visit for dinner. Harvest had been our first choice in Cambridge. On this occasion, the service was abysmal. We had to flag a waiter in order to have a drink; we did the same to find out why our main course was taking so long. Consdidering that the restaurant was almost empty, our bad experience was mystifying. The wine steward listened to our complaints and made a generous adjustment to our bill.Special Features:
- diningoutDined on 7/30/2014Food was terrific. Service was ridiculously slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy BirthdayWaitOnMeDined on 7/29/2014We went to Harvest with dear friends to celebrate my 65th birthday, and the waitstaff did everything to ensure that it was a perfect evening. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with Happy Birthday to the arrival of my dessert, compete with candle and Happy Birthday in chocolate script around my dessert plate, I felt like I was truly enjoying a special evening. Harvest has always been a favorite. I love the tasting menu. And I truly appreciated the way they went out of their way to ensure that my evening was delightful.Special Features:
- Delicious brunchHappy1Dined on 7/27/2014If you are a tourist and intend to visit Harvard on a Sunday you definitely have to have lunch at Harvest. I had the Eggs Benedict. The Hollandaise sauce was made in-house (you don't find that very often) and delicious. Boston is a pretty expensive city but this brunch menu is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dineConcorDinerDined on 7/26/2014Harvest, as usual, complements fine food at reasonable prices with excellent service and comfortable ambiance, whether dining inside or on the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- OutstandingGoodeatsDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were looking for a lovely restaurant to have dinner before going to the theater. I can think of a greater way to have kicked off our summer vacation. Dining in the courtyard was divine, as were the food and the service. The food was fresh and inventive and stood out for balanced and interesting combinations of flavors, none overshadowing the others. Each element of each course complemented the others.Perfection!Special Features:
- Harvest High PointkathybDined on 7/25/2014We have been patrons of the Harvest since it opened...and that is a VERY long time. It has had its high points and its mid-points, never really hit any low points (excepting a truly awful condescending bartender who should have been fired way before his two or three years was up). After three recent meals (a weekend brunch, a weekday lunch, and an evening meal on the terrace), I can report that the Harvest has really a high point and appears to be sustaining it. Consistently inventive, well-presented food. The service is attentive, professional, and friendly without being cloyingly so. Better for brunch than one of those pile-your-plate buffets. The back dining room for lunch is quiet and discreet. The terrace on a summer night? Swoon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Experience was very good. We were the last ones to leave the restaurant and we were not rushed to leave, as happens in some restaurants. Service was excellent and food was predictably good. We did not sit outside, as no tables were available, but it was hot anyway, and my guest didn't complain.Special Features:
- KimTDined on 7/20/2014I went for brunch and the food was excellent. Wait staff very knowledgable regarding the menu and made excellent recommendations. I had the Jonah crab toast which was very good, the scottish salmon which was excellent and well balanced with the couscous and capers. Desert was heavenly_ bacon bread pudding. I will go back to this restaurant.Special Features: