28 N. Main St.
Saint Albans, VT 05478Neighborhood:
St. Albans, VT
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twiggsvt.com/
- Phone: 8025241405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday : 11am - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twiggs can create the perfect menu to make your large or small event a success. We cater to your good taste as well as your budget. Regular take-out is also available for an easy, delicious meal at home. You can even have our chefs come to your kitchen to do their magic! Just give Chow!Bella a call anytime, when you want heavenly food.
- Private Party Facilities: Twiggst offers a diverse range of possibilities for any meeting or event.
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment featuring local music & comedy.
A word from Twiggs
Twiggs is a unique Vermont classy craft beer and martini bar and full service restaurant located in the newly revitalized downtown area of St Albans, Vermont. Twiggs is an amazing place to relax and enjoy an evening of fine dining and an outstanding list of Vermont craft beers, wines and signature martinis paired with farm fresh food topped with our 14 Star beer sauces. Twiggs also features a talented compliment of local artistry and musicians that will entertain you through your experience with us. Twiggs is the perfect place to catch a sporting event, unwind with business colleagues, or just relax with friend and family. Come and be our guest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Twiggs - Best Restaurants in St. Albans, VT ›
Twiggs reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great placepfernaldDined on 12/31/2013My wife is an ovo lacto vegie and the choices presented were quite adequate and delicious. The service and attention were pleasant and informative concerning the menu choices and ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueLocalDined on 12/31/2013Fish and chips and the bacon burger were delicious and ample. 14th Star beer and pleasant yet not hovering waitstaff. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Christmas Dinner for FourDrDaveDined on 12/30/2013Took our small staff and spouses out for a Christmas celebration. Great night out! More food than we could eat from a fun menu that includes outrageous Mac n cheese, stacked high burgers, wonderful pasta, fresh salads and lean steak all served in an upscale setting. Locals stop by to say hello and the waitstaff are nearby but not in your face. Table was a bit cold being close to the front door on a bitter night but that didn't keep us from having a warm evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not waiting againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Sat there and watched others get served food that sat and ordered after us. Decent food. Good luck with the New Years :)
- Great food...ShawnieMacDined on 12/26/2013I highly recommend their house burgers that are a 50/50 mix of local beef and local bacon and homemade mac-n-cheese in their special cheese sauce. Great food and interesting decor by a local artist. They also brew their own beer... a great place for foodies like me in our town! We'll be back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok atmospherecometmvpDined on 12/20/2013Food is good and reasonably priced and we go there on occasion because of it. We have never had great service though... usually pretty slow on the waitstaff level. It is also very loud inside. The live music is a good touch, but it is too loud to enjoy a nice dinner if you want conversation. If you want to to to an upbeat place to yell and be obnoxious this is the place for you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudTwistedsistersDined on 12/19/2013We found the place a little loud but we had a corner booth so that made up for it. Apparently we chose a night for company xmas parties. Glad we had the corner to our selves. The food is good but I haven't reached a wow factor yet. This is my third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikeVegetarianDined on 12/19/2013The table we were given for our reservation was right in the front window. We didn't want that so we asked to move and they kindly moved us. Food was good. Wish they had more gluten free and vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Fun times!dylanmailDined on 12/14/2013Lots of energy with fun entertainment and a menus with very different choices. The burgers are a mixture of bacon and beef. I loved them but some folks in our party would opt for 100% beef, which is available. A fun place in a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!StoneyDined on 11/29/2013The food was very well prepared; however a little on the pricey side since FF's with burgers had to be ordered as a side..really?? Music was fantastic! Would definitely go again!!Special Features:
- Great burgers... fun atmosphere...ShawnieMacDined on 11/27/2013Great burgers... fun atmosphere... great spot to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What St. Albans needed!CaliGirl619Dined on 11/2/2013This is the type of restaurant this town needed the food is excellent! ! We go to Twiggs at least once a week and have never had a bad meal. I like the online reservation system. I really like the Twiggster Burger and the Buffalo Chicken MacNOut. This is a great place for large groups. Be sure to make your reservation before going because you'll be waiting for a while. The only thing they need to add is a dinner special of the day to try something new that's not on the menu. If they have it good, but I've never been offered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to TwiggsAbbyDined on 10/19/2013Service was very slow. Took almost 1/2 hour to get beverages. Took almost 1 1/2 hours to get 3 burgers and fish/ chips. Do not have free refills on soda. My husband ordered a side of Mac and cheese with his burger and the side of chips the dish came with was omitted because he ordered (and paid for) an additional side(?) Spent $90 and could have easily gone to a steakhouse in Burlington/ Williston and gotten much better service and quality of meal.
- Twiggs in St. Albans, VTjamber629Dined on 10/19/2013Our experience overall was not good. The menu is very limited. I ended up going with soup and salad because I didn't find anything else appetizing. Our waitress didn't bring out our appetizers on time, two out of five of our meals were wrong and the noise level was very loud. We couldn't even have a conversation. Also, we reminded the waitress and hostess that it was our friend's birthday and she ruined the surprise by asking us about it in front of her. We all agreed we would not go back again.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePSnyderDined on 10/19/2013Brought my family here for a fun night out. We were a little disappointed that you were out of Mac & Cheese Balls. That was the main reason we made the reservation. When the waitress didn't know what kind of drink my grandfather wanted, a man who we think was the manager or bartender came over and asked him to try a drink. Sure enough it was the one he wanted. Great service that shocked us. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service?FletcherFamilyDined on 10/19/2013Food was good, but we received our appetizer at the same time as the meal. Our under 21 server couldn't tell us anything about the drink list either. KInd and friendly, just didn't have much experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my opionpampDined on 10/19/2013The food was fabulous...the atmosphere was wonderful...could use more training in the service area..long wait for someone to take our order...long wait to receive our order. Long wait to get the checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best thing we had to eatFirstimpressionsDined on 10/12/2013The best thing we had to eat was boneless wings and onion rings.... Hamburgers too big to eat, 50/50 mix ok but patty too thick. Small wine list and no house salad? Really? Where else do you get your veggies as the meals don't have any? The kettle chips that come standard were very bland. Not salted at all.
- FUNJustMeDined on 10/5/2013We have been two weeks in a row, both times the band has set up in the restaurant portion of the building and we have loved it. Make sure to make a reservation on Friday & Saturday as it fills up with fun and happy people. If you are in doubt of what to order, do youself a favor and order the BLT - it is fantastic!! Oh, and share a side of Mac-N-out with af friend it is so good. We brought our over 18 kids with us this past time and they are hooked no too. And our waitress was a real gem too. Attentive and playful. Hope to see you there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, But...bowtietipperDined on 9/27/2013Our first time under the current management. Found it difficult to carry on a conversation. Need to hang some drapes or add some sound deadening. The food was good, when it finally arrived, nearly an hour after we ordered. I place the blame for that on the kitchen. Our waitress, and all the waitstaff for that matter, never stopped moving. Having done my time, both in the kitchen and on the floor, It is not hard to see the weak link. All that being said, We will return a time or two more to see if this was a one time anomaly, or if this is what to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service has been poorlove2eatDined on 9/21/2013The service has been poor three times now. The servers are either too young or too inexperienced and severely lack training, especially when it comes to being timely, polite and thorough. I love their food here but given past poor experiences, some requiring managerial help that still was unsatisfactory, I'm not sure I'll be returning, at least not for a while. Take out will be my next attempt here.
- A Pleasant Surprise!NervannaDined on 9/14/2013My husband and I dined at Twiggs on a Saturday night with our teenage daughter. Although some of the early reviews we read were a bit negative, we decided to visit because the menu looked interesting. We were pleasantly surprised; we had a great time! The burgers were great, the wine and beer selection was, for us, really high quality, and the macaroni and cheese was amazing. The noise level was absolutely fine ( it's a pub, after all!). Great prices, we thought! The best experience we've had eating in St. Albans in a really long time. The most awesome part was the welcoming staff....smiles, hellos and plenty of attention to customers everywhere we looked. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit...vtoutdoorguymbDined on 9/13/2013This was the second time I have gone to Twiggs. The food was excellent as always. Our server was less than exceptional this time but my prior visit was A ++. Would reccomend to anyone!Special Features:
- What I thinkLovegoodfood12345Dined on 9/13/2013Great food, good service, drinks are made well!!! I love sitting outside and listening to the live music!Special Features:
- Slowwwwwwww serviceStewie1024Dined on 9/13/2013We were a party of 8 and waited 45 minutes for our diner The food was good but took far too long.Special Features:
- Not the great menu choiceCanuckDined on 9/10/2013Not the great menu choice and food quality of the previous Chow Bella, but more reasonable in price. Excellent, proficient and friendly table service. We were there for dinner but it was more a lunch menu and food than that of a more fine dining like restaurant that the Chow Bella used to be. For what it is, it is a really good restaurant choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Slooooow!boswellDined on 9/6/2013Food, ambience and entertainment were all good, but service seemed (at least to me) frustratingly slow. Will try again since it is new and maybe just learning the ropes.Special Features:
- Pricey for casual foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013The service was slow. Nothing special about the food. The burgers were descent, but no condiments fries or sides extra on an already overpriced meal. Energetic atmosphere, but need to tone down on the spendy menu. We aren't in the big city.
- Fun place to visit.localvisitorDined on 8/22/2013The menu offers a variety of choices. Prices are reasonable. Background music good. Our waitress was very friendly and offered suggestions when asked about food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poor, waitressesswitch802Dined on 8/19/2013Service was poor, waitresses never acknowledged me waiting at the door for over 5 minutes. I ended up seating myself and the waitresses seemed to neglect their customers at the tables. Would like a sign in the front to show what door to use to get in and also whether or not we need to seat ourselves or not. I set a reservation but the waitress had no idea I had one when I told her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pub GrubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2013On a Friday night this place was VERY busy. This did not affect the quality of the food, but the service was slow. Definitely a pub as compared to Chow Bella, but a good one!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon lovers delightmspaulaDined on 8/16/2013Huge burgers angus beef/bacon mix delicious! Great fries too. Acoustics could be better, we were practically shouting to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I See Room for ImprovementGeorgiaVermontDined on 8/16/2013The main part of the meal was excellent. Prices are a little steep when compared to other brew pubs with similar cuisine. Paying $2 extra for fries instead of potato chips on a burger that's already over $10 is a little disappointing, but the fries were awesome, so I guess it was money well spent. Disappointed that the waffle fries were clearly packaged frozen offerings. I'd rather the fish and chips or the chicken fingers include fries than the unimpressive waffle fries. Beers are $5, which is reasonable. There was an issue when one in our party got a Switchback, took a sip, and it was clearly Blackberry wheat. Switchback simply doesn't taste like berries.
- foodnatashaDined on 8/13/2013not sure what my burger was made of - some of it was maybe meat. It was dense & tasted like dogwood or possibly a veggie burger music was too loud & not background music - fine for teenagers, I guessSpecial Features:
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2013I was excited to try Twigg's, but was disappointed when my friend and I arrived. We sat outside, which was lovely, but the music was way too loud! We asked 3 separate times for them to lower the music, my friend and I had a hard time trying to carry a conversation. Each time the music was turned down, 5 mins later someone else increased it, it was very frustrating. I had the flatbread and was disappointed. My friend had the mac & cheese with pulled pork and she too was not impressed. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and busy, but the restaurant was not busy inside and she only had 2 tables outside. I do not plan on returning to Twiggs until I hear the atmosphere and food has changed.Special Features:
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013We were very happy at Twiggs. The food was delcious, the service excellent and we were very comfortable. We never felt rushed. Our serve checked it with us often to make sure we had everything we wanted. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so-so servicelove2eatDined on 8/8/2013The food was really great. We had wings with the Mediterranean sauce, which was interesting and tastes great! I asked for some ranch to cool my pallet with, which they were supposed to come with in the first place, and the server never brought it out, nor did he mention it or apologize for forgetting it. He then proceeded to gossip at the bar with another server. Eventually, another older gentleman served us our food and checked on us more than our original server had. I think the server was young but their training policies clearly weren't that great. He was short with us, inattentive and forgot a lot of what we asked him to bring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St.Alban's GemouttoeatDined on 8/3/2013Fun, original menu of old favorites. Nice variety of things to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved both the atmospheresassygirlDined on 7/26/2013We loved both the atmosphere and food.....felt like we were in a restaraunt down on Church Street, Burlington where we love to go to eat but have to worry about the drive. We love the transformation of down town St. Albans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013This was our first visit to Twiggs and we would definitely return. The food was very good and a great value. The service was excellent and the restaurant was very clean. We would recommend this to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.