Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: 4165901300x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email email@example.com
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
401 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (192)good for groups (141)neighborhood gem (133)great for brunch (132)special occasion (116)fit for foodies (100)kid-friendly (52)hot spot (37)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- dinetteDined on 7/16/2014We had lunch from the Summerlicious menu and it was disappointment. In the past we've had a better menu including a lovely salmon. This time we ordered a salad, veal panini and lava cake. After eating the salad, the main came with a huge plate of greens. If the server had told us that, we wouldn't have ordered the first course salad. The panini wasn't a panini. No grilling. Just some veal on a focaccia bun. Dessert was tasty but microscopic in size. Service was speedy and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, friendly service, good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover14Dined on 7/15/2014The restaurant is buzzling with noise and smell. A good sign that it's in good business during the Summerlicious promotion. I got a phone call the day before for confirmation of reservation which is a good practice to guarantee your customer is coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medicore at bestFoodLover123Dined on 7/14/2014Tried the summerlicious menu and it was very underwhelming... Had apps were fine because small in portion sizes. The entrees (lamb and sea bream) were bland and done with little care. It shows that the chefs don't care for summerlicious clients. I have heard good reviews on their regular menu but it was just lacking flavour and appeal. There is no finesse whatsoever. I'm very surprised that a respectable restaurant group can allow these dishes to leave the kitchen. Our group came out disappointed. This experience made us contemplate whether to try their other subs.
- Great food at a reasonable priceJohnnyDDined on 7/14/2014My family really enjoyed this year's Summerlicious. An interesting combination of flavours! Ambiance was vibrant like always and the was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJandFDined on 7/14/2014I had dinner at Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill at bayview village on weekday. The service, food, and ambience are excellent. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Like the "private" dining roomJPCLVIPDined on 7/14/2014I will make sure to remember the private dining room for future group events.Special Features:
- NoisySandyDined on 7/13/2014Expected better food.. This restaurant does not do O&B justice. Service was not that great either. Also, it was super noisy that I could barely talk to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all ways!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Great food and service, as usual for the best place around this area. Keep up the great work! Love the appies and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceLythDined on 7/13/2014Unfortunately I can't recall the name of our server, but her attentiveness and cheerful manner made our experience even better. We went for Summerlicious and the food was delightful and the servers were quick and efficient. The ambience was lively and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great Veal Panini!BettyDined on 7/13/2014The waiter served wrong appetizer at the beginning. Perhaps because there are too many people there for lunch? The Summerlicious lunch is worth the money!! Especially theveal shoulder panino. I would pay $15 for the panino only!!! It taste wonderful! . However, the SEPPIA ARROSTO (shrimp, clams & roasted calamari) is not good at all. Not enough flavor, dish is small. don't like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari was exfoliated to NO TASTEglobaltravellerNfoodieDined on 7/13/2014I am a regular at O&B for over 6 years. The Summerlicous offering this year is terrible. The Treviso Bruciato was ordinary from presentaion to taste while the Insalata di pomodoro was up to par. The veal shoulder panino was marginal and the Seppia arrosto was unacceptable. The Calamari has the same texture as mashmallow and no taste what so ever. (definitely not roasted calamari). The lava cake and compote were OK. The waiter was fast but feel rushing (a fine line). The place was energetic and buzzling which is fine to me.Special Features:
- YummyDined on 7/12/2014good food, friendly service, good price for summerlicious dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatmandoDined on 7/12/2014Had the summerlicious meal and would not recommend it to anyone, the fish tasted old and the service was mediocre to say the least. Definitely not what I have come to expect from O&B restaurants.
- Sumerlicious works!tarancutaDined on 7/12/2014Good food for a good price, definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really like O& BBennetDined on 7/12/2014Plan to go to Origins but saw the poor review on Summerlicious, decide to go to O&B. haha, proved to be good choice for lunch. Tried the starter melon soup, so different but tasty. Main course I choose the third one, perhaps for vegetarian but I love it. The burger is also awesome with veal shoulder. Desert is not as good as I expected. But totally it really worth your money. Would like to come again, just across the street of my home.Special Features:
- Impressive service!sushisushiDined on 7/12/2014When I mentioned to the hostess that can we have indoor seating since it is really hot today, she smiled back and said, I will arrange you indoor by the window, so that you can have both indoor and outdoor scene. That is really sweet and touching! I understand it is during Summerlicious period and every waiter/waitress is so busy that it took sometime for them to come to our table for drink/order/bill, but in all it was pretty good. Everyone is polite and smiling! The second salad on the menu with sadine was really refreshing! Soup was ok...but lava cake was awesome! P.S, their brunch menus seems so good, and reasonable price. I really wanna try that sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisyEmeraldDined on 7/11/2014Probablu because it is Summerlicious, the restaurant was so noisy you could not hear the person across the table from you so conversation was difficult if noit impossible. Service as usual was excellent. Food was average this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousSummerliciousDined on 7/11/2014The cold melon soup I had as an appetizer was refreshing, especially on such a hot day! The entree, I had the gnocchi. It was alright. I enjoyed the vegetables the most, but I found that the gnocchi had this 'interesting' after taste. I had the chocolate lava cake for dessert and it was wonderful, the center was perfect with the chocolate oozing out so nicely. Personally, I would rather prefer raspberry than cherry on top of it, but all in all it was delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing lunch, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Came here for Summerlicious lunch which was excellent value at $15 but the salad and veal pannini were pretty bland. Took ages to get it too which was surprising because they were simple dishes and a prixe fixe menu which they should have had lots semi-prepared. Because we ate on the patio we weren't able to have alcohol. Dessert was the best part. Service was extremely slow. It took almost two hours to have a simple lunch.
- NickiDined on 7/11/2014Summer luscious is a hot and miss with Oliver Bonacini. Last year's summerlicious menu was great, however, this year was not so great. The bread is delicious! Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousBrunchieDined on 7/11/2014Summerlicious 2014 menu was fantastic. I really loved the chilled melon soup which was extremely refreshing for such a hot day. Well done!Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTableUserDined on 7/10/2014Went for dinner during Summerlicious 2014. Great food, great value for $25 per person. Three-course meal included soup or salad, choice of 4 entrees, and 3 desserts. Restaurant was busy on a Thursday night. Recommend reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 7/10/2014Overall the service and food was dissapointing. This would be one place I would not be going again.Special Features:
- Summerlicious menuFabforlifeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Their summerlicious menu was disappointing and my son ordered their alberta lamb short ribs with salad. The short ribs was well seasoned but the plating was poorly executed. It was unappetizing. A big let down but we will still go back there, their service is always good.Special Features:
- Terrible Food..MarvickDined on 7/10/2014Would not recommend as the food is really bad....either tasteless or too salty. Presentation of the plate needs to work on ....not sure what went wrong with restaurant.....only redeeming part is service
- Great eveningKFC1VIPDined on 7/10/2014The appetizers were excellent and I particular the tuna sashimi was outstanding . The new to the menu lamb short ribs were also outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurant!JSmompDined on 7/10/2014It was excellent experience having a lunch with friends at Oliver and Bonacini. Food was great and fancy. I will definitely go again next time to try different food on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We had a lovely lunch, great food and service. Unfortunately, the noise level made it almost impossible for the 4 of us to hear each other. Some echo absorbing fabric panels or something like that would stop all the noise from bouncing against all the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The regular menu was also available with the same items as what was on the Summerlicious menu. People ordered from the regular menu as did not want the appetizers & desserts. It seemed as though the portion size was smaller when ordered from the regular menu than if the same item was ordered from the regular menu.Special Features:
- Great Experience!star2091Dined on 7/10/2014A busy yet cozy restaurant. The service was excellent, and the ambience feels like you are in a home in the private areas. The food was amazing. The portion sizes are moderate. Not many children, but we had 2 in our party and that was fine. no kids menu, but they enjoyed the pizza! will certainly return to this spot. Great place for large groups, or parties.Special Features:
- Summerlicious Dinner 2014conocedorDined on 7/9/2014Hostess: not friendly Server: very nice, friendly, and easy to chat with Food: just okay. The Summerlicious dinner offerings that they have this year were not that special. Not something that I'd boast to friends or colleagues. I've been here a few years back and they had a really good menu. Waiters: did not put the correct order to the correct person i.e. mismatched the orders and people Restaurant overall: the ambiance is very good, noise level tolerableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014We ordered from the Summerlicious menu and I was not happy with my meal. The salad was average and the chicken in the chicken and polenta dish tasted stale and reheated. The chocolate lava cake was very good. This is the first time I would hesitate to recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always another great meal!OakvilleDinnerDined on 7/9/2014Great service, unique menu, beautiful plates, soothing drinks...the best place in the mall! We dine here at least once a month. Summerlicious is an excuse not to get our regular menu favs. Summer lunch this year is great. The sandwhich, soup and cake filled us for lunch and dinner the sour drink is the hidden gem! Great service throughout the whole meal and we will be back Monday for more!Special Features:
- We enjoyed Summerlicious. Great!outandaboutDined on 7/9/2014There were four of us for lunch. Wine was good. 3 course meal was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed what they chose.Special Features:
- Great Summerlicious Lunch DealAnonymousDined on 7/9/2014It was my second time trying the Summerlicious lunch menu at Oliver & Bonacini. Surely, it didn't disappoint. The veal sandwich was so tasty and filled my stomach for sure. $15 for 3-course meal was certainly worth it!Special Features:
- TerryDined on 7/9/2014Great place and great price for lunch. The 3 course $ 15.00 lunch specials are great price and plenty of food. It is a bit noisy so not a place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppleseedDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I started with mushroom soup. It was served lukewarm and I couldn't taste even a hint of mushroom in it. Our entrees were ok. I ordered coffee afterwards and it was also served lukewarm and had a faint burn taste. I was really disappointed in the quality of the food at this O&B restaurant. I expected much better.Special Features:
- Great 25th Anniversary DinnersuzyqDined on 7/8/2014We were welcomed with a smile and a "happy anniversary" when we arrived and were seated at a booth versus a table! Had a super delicious meal through the summerlicious menu. After dinner, we were presented with a gorgeous s'mores dessert and a "happy anniversary" written in chocolate. It will be a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousCW2014Dined on 7/8/2014Service was very slow, restaurant was very noisy during dinner. We tried the Summerlicious menu. Soup was very refreshing. However we were disappointed at the veal shoulder as it did not look like the picture used in the O&B Summerlicious ad at all. Instead of a whole piece of steak like grilled meat displayed, it was few slices of roast beef...very disappointing indeed. The fish was rather fishy. The polenta was just grits - fancy name... The best part was the chocolate dessert, very nice.Special Features: