Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
240 Leighland Avenue
Oakville, ON L6H 3H6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/obcg_oakville.html
- Phone: 2892910265x
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week.
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday, 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Friday-Saturday, 4:00pm-10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:30am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Foote
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill in Oakville offers private dining and events in the Trafalgar Room, accommodating up to 24 guests for a seated event, or 35 guests for a standing cocktail reception. The Leighland Room is perfect for larger groups of up to 60 guests for seated events, or 80 guests for standing receptions. Combining the two rooms, we can accommodate 74 guests for a seated event, or 135 guests for a standing reception. The lounge is also available as a semi-private space for standing receptions of up to 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Veronika Wolf 2892910265x
- Cross Street: QEW & Trafalgar
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plentiful, complimentary parking is provided directly in front of the restaurant, on the north side of Oakville Place shopping centre. Access from Leighland Avenue. Security gating in the shopping centre prevent guests from re-entering the shopping area after store hours, so be sure to park near the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill entrance for evening dining.
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place
Created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini, this exciting Oakville Place eatery offers a unique upscale dining experience at comfortable prices, along with Oliver & Bonacini’s trademark quality, service and style. Menu offerings include extensive lunch and dinner selections, as well as a full à la carte weekend brunch. Enjoy an outstanding selection of inspired North American dishes, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. A well-chosen wine list along with an extraordinary dessert menu complements every meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Oakville Place reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)good for groups (38)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (30)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (17)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Told to eat what I was given...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I was extremely disappointed by Oliver & Bonacini. I ordered the Spicy Italian Sausage Penne. When my dish came, the Spaghetti Bolognese was placed in front of me. I called my waiter over who had the nerve to tell me that it was the same dish with a different noodle. When I said that I ordered Italian Sausage, the waiter said "We'll, it's beef". I was told to try the food and, if I didn't like it, he would replace it but I'd have to wait a long time. That is not what I call customer service. I was charged quite a bit for a meal I could've made at home. Needless to say, I won't be returning.
- Great spot for special OccasionsTomKDined on 3/11/2014We enjoyed the afternoon with friends. It was both their Birthdays. We were looked after very well and the restaurant was bright and cheerful. Thanks for a great time and the Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactoryOandbDined on 3/9/2014The service was very good, however the food was a disappointment. Portion size was more than expected. The Sunday roost which I tried was a disappointment. The Yorkshire pudding was burnt on one side and the beef was bland. I ordered medium rare and received it medium, which was disappointing because I enjoy beef that is more to the rawer side for its juiciness. However the presentation was impeccable, with nothing placed where it shouldn't be. Overall it is good considering its price, but I would prefer the other Oliver & Bonacini restaurants such as Canoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchladszDined on 3/9/2014I asked a group of friends to join me for a birthday brunch. The food was good (nothing out of the ordinary or not very comparable to the other O&B restaurants (i.e. Biff's Bistro, Bannock, Canoe)), but the service was slow. The restaurant wasn't even busy...so I can't imagine service during other times. Also - the server was talking to a group of 10 people from 1 end of the table. She could have just spoke to 1/2 of the table, and then came around the other side to speak to the other 1/2. It was very difficult to hear. A good restaurant for Oakville overall, much better than other chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed in themar8dinner43Dined on 3/8/2014I was disappointed in the menu and the atmosphere. I thought there wasn't enough choice in healthy and adult pallets. I believe it is geared to a pub and I was expecting a finer experience.
- A great dining experience!DalessjoDined on 3/8/2014The food and service we consistently receive at O&B is simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luncheoneggcelentDined on 3/7/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 or 4 times now. This visit was my first luncheon - I chose it because I know it to be an excellent venue. From the time I walked in I was super impressed - a warm welcome, and prompt seating - and very warm waitress with sincere offerings. Thank you for a wonderful experience, I will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!TogetherWithFriendsDined on 2/25/2014This was my second visit and I continue to be impressed. The value of the "WinterFest" specials was outstanding and everyone in the group was able to find something that was appealing to their pallette. Well done on all accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambianceMargueriteDined on 2/24/2014The service was excellent and timely and there was plenty of choice on the menu to accommodate food preferences or allergies. I had squash hummous and it was fabulous. What a great idea. My husband had the pea soup and he loved it. The carrot cake and mango sherbet were amazing. Parking is effortless. We have been many times because it is in the neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Great lunchTorontoGamblersVIPDined on 2/24/2014I'm not sure waft I expected but it surpassed my expectations. Split pea soup was probably the best soup I've ever had. Very good service, modern space, and delicious food. What else could you ask for? Everyone in our party of 6 had a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great! The serviceAmbecDined on 2/23/2014The food was great! The service was a bit slow as they were busy that day. Not sure if they did not anticipate it being being that day since they have a big party.I was not sure also if the bread is not a regular starter just like the other restaurants where it is automatically offered while waiting for your appetizer. They only served the bread when they asked us if there is anything that they can offer since there was a delay with our food. I hope they change their bread though as it was a bit tough or they could have more variety on the bread. Everything was good from the appetizer, main and dessert. ** just a note that our server gave us an excellent service, it's just the delay with our food that I had a concern **Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceFrankDined on 2/22/2014Everything about our experience here was top notch. No hesitation to recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menu and great serviceLaowaiDined on 2/21/2014This was for a birthday dinner for my mother. Our waitress was very thorough and helpful to point out vegetarian dishes to my wife, and overall was attentive and cheerful. I had the lamb tagine which was well cooked with a flavourful bed of couscous. We also had the vegetarian pasta dish and fish and chips - all which received high marks even if the pasta was somewhat bland. The only disappointing aspect of the dinner was that I called ahead specifically asking the staff to prepare a birthday dessert for her and they committed to doing so. Unfortunately nothing showed up and I assume the staff either forgot or didn't pass on the message. I was quite disappointed by this, but overall I would return.Special Features:
- beets pleasebeetjuiceDined on 2/21/2014First time to Oliver & Bonacini. First impressions were very good - atmosphere etc. We were a party of four. I enjoyed my lychee drink. My son felt his ginger lemon drink was too tart and switched to the lychee drink which he enjoyed. Some of us ordered the beet salad and thought that the salad needed more slices of beet to put it over the top. I enjoyed my salmon dinner and the amount was just right for me, however my partner felt that his main wasn't sufficient, Found that as the night progressed the room got colder (at least where we were sitting) and no heat came on. Overall the experience was a pleasant one..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal to rememberFoodieDined on 2/19/2014We really enjoyed our experience. We took advantage of the pre-fixe which had a lot of great options. The food was very flavourful. I had this amazing beef short rib over some sort of creamy barley with glazed carrots. Whatever it was, it was yummy! My favourite part of the meal was dessert and I'm not even a dessert person. I had the carrot cake and it was so good. I will definitely be going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVIEWNIKKIEDined on 2/19/2014The quality of food really depends on the Chef. 1) We were at O&B on Valentine's Day and the food was prepared excellent, though a very, very, VERY long wait, but when the courses came up, IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. 2) We visited again in the following week and ordered same/similar courses, and surprisingly the taste of the dishes was different. So we took a peak at the kitchen (which was open kitchen by the way), and noticed it was not the same Chef we had on our last visit. Fortunately our wonderful waiter suggested another dish and swapped the original one. Keep in mind if you're really hungry and want to drop in/out really quick, this is NOT the restaurant for you - you'll starve to death before the main course even gets close to you.Special Features:
- I had an uninterrupted businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014I had an uninterrupted business meeting with a great service and smiling waitress. What more can one ask for? Thank you for the outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterfixe deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014I was with a party of nine - we all absolutely loved the winterfixe menu and the food we ordered. We all agreed it was one of the best meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate neighbourhood bistroFoodyVIPDined on 2/17/2014Went for Winterfixe shortly after the Toronto Winterlicious ended around Valentine's Day. We had been to the restaurants several times previously and they are consistently decent. This time we both had the short ribs and they were a little dried out. The side barley was great though. Desert was ok but not decadent. Average meal at best but adequate for the 'burbs. Price was reasonable for the quality.Special Features:
- okay lunch but surprising gaffsRayFromBurlingtonDined on 2/17/2014My wife and I went to O&B at Oakville Place 17-Feb-2014 for lunch. Generally the food was good. However, there were several surprising gaffs. As an appetizer my wife ordered the "heirloom beet & bocconcini salad". It came without bocconcini. Sigh. Okay, we don't like to be complainers and said nothing. Dishes & cutlery were cleared from the appetizers. When our mains arrived I no longer had a fork. The server did not notice & neither did I. Eventually a fork was obtained from a different server. The mains were good & deserts were fine. However, coffee and tea were not offered. When the server came to hand over our bill, she asked about coffee or tea, even though desert was cleared. Perhaps she realized it had been forgotten.Special Features:
- Food nice, service very poorjudifoodieDined on 2/16/2014Food was very nice with exception of hard burger bun. Wait times for service and food expedential! We arrived 6:30 and left at 8:30. No explanation of what was taking so long ,never comp'd for anything because of the poor service/wait. Ambiance of restaurant and decor, lovely. Nice menu, hopefully with time they'll improve with service standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the get go....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Didnt feel welcomed by the wait staff. Took them at least 5 minutes to even acknowledge our presence. Made a reservation and was seated 10 minutes late. Food was nothing special, on par with Kelsey's really. Would take a lot to make me go back.Special Features:
- valentines dinnermargaretDined on 2/15/2014We went there for a valentines dinner and the restaurant was very busy. We found the service waiting for my glass of wine very slow. WE had a table by the window to the patio and there was quite a draft of it and the fan blowing from above. When I brought to the attention of the waiter he offered a shawl but that was it. Didn't offer tomove us or seem to care beyond that. The waitress finally checked in near then end of the meal but beside that there was minimal contact.Special Features:
- It's a great place with great foodrkj2Dined on 2/14/2014The staff are very courteous & professional, the ambience very nice. Their food is wonderful though when we went on Valentine's, perhaps due to sheer number of patrons, they had pre-prepared the couscous (perhaps) since I had to return my dish twice. The second time I had the staff person hold the clumpy, hard couscous in their hands to see for themselves. Ended up having the butter chicken which was awesome ! The staff were very respectful & apologetic which re-affirmed my impression this is a great place to wine & dine with management that cares about what's on the plates. As I said, that dish was an outlier for us over many visits. Don't let this overshadow a constant success of fresh ingredients, good dishes and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay.metra34Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend said she likes this place so I took her for valentines, it's a decent contemporary restaurant but I think it's slightly overpriced based on the quality of food. There wasn't anything that made me say "Wow!" about the food, it was very average. I tried their French onion soup which was a Valentines Day special and it wasn't very enjoyable. It came with a peice of large chicken (I think) that wasn't very tasty and had a batter texture to it. The main course was good, but not outstanding.
- nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014this is a nice spot, with good food and nice ambiance. had dinner for Valentine day. they were super busy, and with all the help (all personnel plus managers), they fell behind occasionally. however, they were attentive and forth coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Valentine's Day thePerkieDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's Day the restaurant was busy, the service was slow. The food was average....the steak was rare and very tough, the pasta with mushrooms was boring. It just wasn't a good night for O&B. I found it very disappointing. The waiter was good and entertaining but because of the kitchen and being so slow he didn't come to the table very often.
- Valentine TreatFrequenteaterDined on 2/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Fix Price Three course offering. My wife started with the warm salad and I had the risotto with sea scallops. We both loved what we had chosen. We both had the beef tenderloin with mixed veg mushrooms and whipped potatoes seasoned with horse radish Oh man was it ever the best of the best so tender and a flavour sensation to beat all. We paired it with a South American Cabernet Sauvignon. The food and wine were terrific together. Desert was sinful ! a generous block of firm chocolate mouse with a white whipped topping. Oh what a terrific ending to a fabulous dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice staff anduuuuDined on 2/14/2014Great food, nice staff and service. We had to wait a bit to order, but it was Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food during WinterliciousLoveFoodGirlDined on 2/12/2014Our experience was wonderful. Service was excellent.! Many menu items to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first visitGillyBeanDined on 2/11/2014I have just moved to Oakville from Toronto and was aware there was an O&B at Oakville place. I decided to try it out for my partner's birthday and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the service was fantastic, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware when ordering fr kids' menuIvoryfushiaDined on 2/9/2014We ordered a mac & cheese from the kids' menu for our child, they ended up putting an order in for the full portion. We only found out when the bill came that we were charged for the full portion. Notice some restaurants tend to do this very often, so we are very careful to specify that we are ordering the kids' meal when placing the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FINDTheWolfmanDined on 2/8/2014GOT A GIFT CERTIFICATE THIS RESTAURANT AND WAS AMAZED AT THE FOOD AND AMBIENCE....AM GOING TO RETURN AS THIS MAY END UP BEING ONE OF MY FAVOURITES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow, consideringluv2eatDined on 2/8/2014Service was very slow, considering there were not that many in the restaurant. Soup was not very hot.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014It was a most enjoyable experience fist time there! Would like to return some other time.O & b at Bayview is where I visit regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty Winterlicious dinnertompaDined on 2/5/2014Both the salmon and the beef short rib were excellent and good value. True, I ordered the pork tenderloin and the waiter goofed, but the restaurant did a nice job of decorating our table for a special birthday. All in all, a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A anniversary trendOakville2dineDined on 2/4/2014Gone two straight years for a wedding anniversary dinner. Love the food, service and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchErikaDined on 2/4/2014We went to O&B to celebrate our companies accomplishments in 2013. Lunch is pretty busy, and luckily we made a reservation. When we got seated, we weren't greated by a server for at least 10 mins. The food is great and you will need to wait for your entree.... but it is worth the wait. They have a winter fixed menu for lunch or dinner and have great choices. We had one person with gluten allergy, and they were very accomodating to alter the original dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Winterfixe offer now onRobertDined on 1/31/2014We went for the Winterfixe 3 course dinner. Just because it's a special price doesn't mean the quality or quantity is diminished. My pork and my wife's salmon were both terrific, as were the appetizers and desserts. The icing on the cake was the friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service from our waiter, Stan; first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceCeloDined on 1/31/2014Nice - Food could have been a little more substantial ie. ordered pasta dish but felt it was all pasta.. I would have liked more stuff in it... especially for price.. dessert was fine (small) app was good... Wine selection nice.. Would go back but maybe just order something else.Special Features: