2530 S Highway 101
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebeachhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607531321
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Ingino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our exclusive view of the Pacific from every table in your private dining room, while our expertly trained staff provides you and your guests with excellent service, fine cuisine, and the personal planning assistance that will make your party a step above!
- Private Party Contact: Katie Stevenson 7607531321
- Entertainment: Enjoy nightly entertainment in the Top of the House Grill, featuring local talent playing acoustic jazz, blues, soul, and classic rock.
A word from Beach House
A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Reservation failfoodieDined on 8/24/2013I would not recommend this place to a friend. We made reservations for my dad's birthday, he was traveling from out of town, and I thought it'd be nice to have dinner near the ocean. I made my reservation in plenty of time in advance, with a special request to sit upstairs on the patio/deck. I never received a phone call either confirming nor denying our reservation. Once we get there the didn't have a table set for us. I had three different people tell me that they could not accommodate my special request, but what I didn't have was anyone telling me what they COULD do. I was completely disappointed. After seating us, our waiter was rude and had an attitude. No one in our party was enjoying themselves, and we had to talk to the manager.
- Great Place for Happy HourCarefreedinerDined on 8/23/2013This is my second time visiting the Beach House and I was very impressed with the choices of entrees for the Happy Hour. The relaxing and casual atmosphere complements the scenic ocean view in the lower dining room area and it's even better if you sit outside to enjoy the sunset and the great food. I had the lobster tail with broccolini and I was blown away on the size of the tail. I didn't expect it to be huge especially for Happy Hour price, but you do get more than what you pay for. However, the service left something to be desired for because our server was not all that attentive to us and focused on the large parties who were seated near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013Sunset Dinner on the beach, beautiful view, awesome food. Can you ask for nothing more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In serious need of overhaul!TexasbelleVIPDined on 8/21/2013For 16 years always gone here when visit in summer; loved it. Ate here 4 times this summer: doubtful will return: maybe for Sunday brunch. Things have really changed. Food mediocre. Dinner not good: Lettuce in two Caesar salads bitter. Beef Filet dry. Raw tuna very good. No longer serve prime rib or grilled artichokes at dinner. First dinner ran out of ingredients for chopped salad! Lunch Grilled chicken dosed with black pepper.Dressing on chopped salad "stale!" Brunch better. But muffins tasted and looked from Costco! Same old chairs: Paint job,new carpeting needed. Total overhaul; new chef needed! Only redeeming feature:great view on rocks on beach. Some servers try really hard! When we hear better reviews we will try again.
- Good view, bad service, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/21/2013Our group ate inside, where the limited view couldn't overcome the lousy service and uninspiring food. While we were seated promptly, we didn't see a server for 15 minutes. Drinks came 15 minutes later and had to be returned and it was 15 minutes after that when the correct drinks (with melted ice) finally arrived and food order was taken. Bread didn't arrive for 15 minutes after that, followed shortly by appetizers. So it was an hour between the time we were seated and we saw our appetizers (and this was a Wednesday night). Food was okay - not great and not terrible. Even after the early bird crowd had left, our server seemed overwhelmed. Bottom line: Come here for the view and expect the worst. If you can't sit outside, go elsewhere!Special Features:
- Excellent choicePamelaDDined on 8/18/2013This was a birthday celebration. We were both very pleased with all the choices and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Going out of businessSteveDined on 8/17/2013This restaurant has gotten worse and worse and now is going out of businessSpecial Features:
- Average food, terrible serviceRezniteDined on 8/17/2013I was expecting a nice night out with my wife to a new (for us) and seemingly well liked restaurant, however our experience quickly fell apart once we arrived at the Beach House. We were treated poorly at every turn. From the pushy valet who did not let my wife put her shoes on before being asked to exit her own vehicle immediately, to the hostess who took off for our table without us, who then left us in the waiting area to wonder what was going on. And then our main server who gave the distinct impression she would rather be doing anything else. After all of that the food was also very average. A complete lack of seasoning rendered each dish a bland wasteland. Will not be headed back.
- great all around restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013has everything, lovely view, great food and service and quite frankly beats their neighbors, the chart house and pacific coast grill hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, food OKJimmyDined on 8/16/2013Chose this place primarily for the outdoor dining experience; food was OK, service met basic requirements, but could have been more personable.Special Features:
- On the Beach "Beach House RestauranfunnygirlDined on 8/16/2013We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed being right on the beach. Watched the surfers and enjoyed the sound of waves rolling in while dining. Steak was great and will be back again soon! thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST SCENIC VIEW, great fooddrretireDined on 8/15/2013If you want the ultimate outdoor dining experience, the Beach House is your answer. This restaurant is several low rocks away from the beach and waves of the Pacific Ocean. As you sit outside with either umbrellas or heaters (if necessary) you will feel blessed that the world is really peaceful and stress free. Oh, the restaurant- we ordered the 3 for $30 meals. You get a salad or appetizer, a main course, and dessert for $30. My meal consisted of 3 shrimp skewers wrapped in bacon, then a 7 oz delicious lobster tail with chorizo red potato hash, and finally ice cream with chocolate sauce. My son had a blackened pork chop- equally delicious. This was the best meal that I have had in a long time- mixing the ambience with great food.Special Features:
- On the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013Good food and excellent service, right on the beach. This restaurant is a great place to start or end an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, second time thereJC5280VIPDined on 8/11/2013May go to Pacific Coast Grill from now on. We had a reservation, and still had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. The service was very slow, and it took several explanations to get our waiter to understand what we wanted to order....directly from the menu. The food was good, and you can't ask for a more beachfront dining experience though. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter breaks the dealLillyDined on 8/11/2013Hi Great hostesses Great table. Nice menu and of course, a beautiful view. But, our waiter was slow to the table, never brought bread, late with wine, didn't notice empty glasses, just made our nice evening out with friends a bit of a let down. Too bad. Oh, and my ciopinno was lukewarm. Ah well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. "Lilly"Special Features:
- Great Pacific Site!drjoeDined on 8/11/2013Dining at The Beach House is the ultimate experience in an exclusive environment of rolling waves and nice surf. Food is fantastic, service is impeccable, and everyone on the staff is dedicated to making your time with them memorable beyond compare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - not so great...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013My friend and I were there for Sunday brunch. Our server was so-so. She seemed to be working too many tables and we rarely saw her. Multiple requests had to made for water, champagne refills, a menu to order additional food, etc... The food was just OK. I ordered the filet mignon eggs benedict; the filet mignon was very poor quality and there was very little of it. My friend ordered the ceviche which had so much liquid it could have been soup. The screaming and running around of the children at the table next to us did not improve an already so-so experience.Special Features:
- Not greatDavidDined on 8/10/2013We've been to Beach House a few times but last time wasn't as memorable. Food was not good- appetizers were dry, food a bit bland. Waiter was nice and views were great- although we felt hostess was a bit rude and made us feel rushed.Special Features:
- pmeadpmeadDined on 8/10/2013I have been going there for years and it has always been the best. Great food and incredible location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceHapybehereDined on 8/10/2013WAs a fabulous experience, we requested a table with a view and were sat at the oceans edge, the service was excellent, our waitress accomodating, and knowledgeable about the restaurants menu, drinks, wine, as well as learning about us and suggestions that were exactly right for us. An excellent and magical experience, we were there for 4 hours!!! from before dinner drinks appetizers, meal bottle of w ine, and dessert with Port! Just fantastic I can't wait to go back! Thank you! xoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewAdrianDined on 8/8/2013Went for the sunset dinner special. The most expensive thing on the menu was the lobster at $19.95. They had a moderate of choices for my gluten-free diet. The crème brulee was a surprise, but the brulee was pretty thin.Special Features:
- Lunch with my friendsBirthdayDined on 8/8/2013Every year I select a not so run of the mill place to enjoy my birthday lunch. This year it had to be the Beach House. We have been here before but that was 5 birthdays ago and needed to return for the ambiance, a chance to eat outside be seated close so the ocean. We were able to order from the breakfast, lunch and heavier items from the menu. Beach house also offers a wonderful selection of appetizers, salads and soups. The menu, service and wonderful meal did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and ocean view wonderful.teacupDined on 8/7/2013Very disappointed in the service and food. Over priced for what we received.Special Features:
- This is a great setting rightSDDinerDined on 8/4/2013This is a great setting right on the beach with terrific views of the beach and ocean. This was our first visit and we had brunch on Sunday. The food was very good and the selection varied. We had a window table downstairs with a nice view. They also have tables out on the patio and upstairs in a more intimate setting. There is a patio deck upstairs also for outside dining. The service was good but not great. Still we are planning on coming back for dinner and will ask for a table upstairs on the deck.Special Features:
- 95th Birthday BrunchTrufflesmomDined on 8/3/2013We chose Beach House for my Mom's birthday a/c she wanted to see the ocean without sitting outside. The window table we had was perfect for that. Our waiter was prompt and helpful, but didn't tell us we had to ask for rolls, so those who had breakfast were disappointed in that. We also had to ask the busboy for drink refills. My chair upholstery was in need of replacement, but overall it was comfortable. The food was wonderful. My favorite item is the lobster bisque and it was up to my expectations. The other 3 in my party were very very happy with their meals. The tiramisu brought for my mom, with a birthday candle and song, were perfect. Overall, we had a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- WowluvyduvyDined on 8/2/2013Amazing view of the beach, sand, waves, surfers and sunset.. outstanding prices on the Sunset Specials.... ask to seat in Janda's section when you go..... she is the BEST waitress there..... always serves with a smile and gives great attention to everything..... leave her a good tip :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013On the beach says it all! Food was excellent, service great, and the view was fantastic! Had the three course for $30; bacon wrapped shrimp, lobster tail and tieramisu for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor - no quality foodWantedgreatfoodDined on 7/31/2013Fish stuffed with crab- no crab, too salty. Lobster bisque tasted like canned tomato soup, small piece of lobster on top. Watery mashed potatoes. Tiramisu was warm and mushy! Real disappointing dinner. Go somewhere else to spend your money! Dont need to sit in a restaurant for a good view.Special Features:
- A favorite but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2013Made a reservation for lunch around 1 PM requesting a table outside;, brought to a wonderful table. MANY people and service a bit long but ok with a next-to-your-face ocean view and Jonathan Living Seagull right there! Had pork sliders; not very tasty, needed something to cut the BBQ overwhelming taste---maybe some coleslaw. Ordered a Manhattan up. I still don't know what's in that drink but it surely was some other concoction. Didn't want to expose my cocktail naivete so did not speak up. But a RED Manhattan? Thirty-four dollars plus the tip. Will pack a picnic lunch next time and sit on the beach. We'll be back of course. One poor experience doesn't make the restaurant which we every other time found a great experience.Special Features:
- Worst Dining ExperienceandrewDined on 7/29/2013Everything about this place other than the view was horrible.
- Beautiful view, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2013I go to the Beach House with some regularity. My 94 year old grandmother loves nothing more than to sit on its beachfront patio and enjoy a meal. If she didn't love it so I would never return. The service is terribly, terribly slow each and every time. This last Monday evening we were seated at 5:30 p.m. and at 5:50 p.m. we had still not been greeted by a server. We had to flag down another server and ask her to please find ours. At 6:05 p.m. we finally had some bread and our drinks. Our server was very attentive once we finally had one. Sadly, this is the case every time. The servers are always pleasant, and the food is good, but it is almost impossible to find your server and the service is just incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Overall experience was veryBlindguyDined on 7/28/2013Overall experience was very nice. We did have to wait a little while even with a reservation to get a window seat (which we requested). But the hostess was very accommodating and got our table ready fairly quickly. The waiter was efficient. Food was very good. The view (of course) was one of the best in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional123456asdDined on 7/25/2013Had dinner during a week night with 8 people. The food was the star, matched with an good wine list and great views. Service was good and prices ($600 with a very good bottle of wine ) were well within reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodhomebodyDined on 7/25/2013For years Beach House was a place to go for the view while tolerating the food. But after not going for 10 years, we returned last August and were surprised by how much we enjoyed dinner. So this week we took the chance of inviting visitors. Again, everyone enjoyed the quality and preparation of our dinners. All ordered fish. My ahi was delicious. Also, there were no outside tables available in the dining room, but the hostess took us upstairs to the bar balcony, and the view was even better. Eating there, we had access to both the dining room and bar menus, which gave us wider choices too. We will return, and we won't wait a year this time.Special Features:
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013Beautiful view, great food, and bottomless mimosas...What more can you ask for :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningsandiegozonieDined on 7/20/2013we had a wonderful experience at the Beach House this past Saturday. Everything was perfect! We invited some friends who had never been there and the entire experience was great. The service was wonderful, starting at the valet and carrying through the whole place. We will be back and hopefully so will our friends. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view and cocktails; so-so fooddoglifeDined on 7/20/2013A great view and friendly service - but mediocre food for the price. The steak was good, but the lobster tail was over-cooked by broiling - clearly a frozen product. The lobster bisque was more like a tomato soup. Cheese cake was so-so, and small portions.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was great. ServiceReviewVIPDined on 7/20/2013Atmosphere was great. Service was excellent. Food was also good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the beach and...PAULVIPDined on 7/19/2013....couldn't be closer than this one on the sand. Amazing view of the waves even at night due to outdoor flood lights. The very basic menu of steaks sea food and specialty drinks was fine. I had the Filet and lobster which tasted great. Companions had hoisin salmon which looked great. Decent wine list. I'm glad it was dark because the decor was right out of 1976 including the same carpet. Fix it up and update the menu and you'll have people lined up. At this point, it's just a destination with a great view and the food is secondary.Special Features:
- Dining on the beachjimbeauDined on 7/18/2013There aren't many places in SoCal where you can pretty much dine on the beach. Sunsets are unbelievable and the beach and surf are lit after dark. With a view like this the food could be secondary but everything was great (except the dinner rolls). Good / creative specialty drink menu and decent wines....and valet parking steps from the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.