2530 S Highway 101
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebeachhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607531321
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Ingino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our exclusive view of the Pacific from every table in your private dining room, while our expertly trained staff provides you and your guests with excellent service, fine cuisine, and the personal planning assistance that will make your party a step above!
- Private Party Contact: Katie Stevenson 7607531321
- Entertainment: Enjoy nightly entertainment in the Top of the House Grill, featuring local talent playing acoustic jazz, blues, soul, and classic rock.
A word from Beach House
A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ambiance great. Microwavedlocal1dinerVIPDined on 10/3/2013Ambiance great. Microwaved bread and way over spiced food too the point of not being able to taste anything but one spice. No lobster in the lobster thermador. Only thing going for Beach House is location and a nice waiter.Special Features:
- DINNER WITH A VIEWexlxplrVIPDined on 10/3/2013we had a wonderful dinner on the beach!great service...good food,,,bring your own cooler because the wine is warm!!!they need to fix their cooler...2 days in a row the wine was warm and the server said they had problems with the cooler,,,unacceptable whan you order a bottle of DOM and it come warm!!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Brunch spotFishingCatDined on 9/29/2013Great little spot for a Sunday Champagne Brunch. The tables are almost on the beach, so the view is incredible. The Caprese omelette was tasty. It was served with seasoned potatoes, mint, and a few watermelon balls. Parking is a bit of a challenge - you are basically required to valet if you want to park closer than a few miles away. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice...DOLMDined on 9/29/2013We went for Sunday Brunch. The all you can drink champagne definitely makes it worth it!! Food is fine! View and champagne definitely make it worth going back!!Special Features:
- Good but not superJeffDined on 9/28/2013Started out by waiting 20 minutes in a line of cars just to get in the lot. Then waited another 20 minutes despite having a reservation. Great view. Very noisy. Food good but not spectacular. No crackers with soup and waiter wouldn't bring any! Butter rock hard. Glad I went. If I go again, I would try a less crowded time.Special Features:
- Everything was fine, thereTouristwithagrouponDined on 9/26/2013Everything was fine, there were no problems, just nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Greeting/ServiceenjoinlifeDined on 9/25/2013Upon my arrival, I was nearly 1/2 of an hour early, however, the hostess seated us at our desired table right away. I didn't know how long it would take us to arrive at the resturant since we did have a little drive, but the hostess made us feel we were right-on-time! Thank You! I am surprised the waitress was not more attentive. The resturant was somewhat busy, but after our meal the waitress brought the check right away, not asking if we wanted dessert, which we did since it was a special occasion. I also had to ask repeatedly to have my ice tea refilled. Although I left a hefty tip, she could have earned more had she been more attentive.Special Features:
- OK mealsaltucDined on 9/25/2013The food is adequately prepared, but certainly not memorable. The interior is long overdue for some freshening up. It does have the best ocean level view, and there is something on the menu for everybody. Great place to take out of state guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesjhorchakDined on 9/24/2013We visit the area from northern ca at least once a year and this is always on our list for at least one meal! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible service, rude waitressDarwinism08Dined on 9/24/2013Arrived at the restaurant and was greeted and seated promptly at the patio, after finishing our meal we left a tip for the waitress and she threw the money at us saying in a ride m rude tone here's your change...
- Nice stop for LunchJamieandChuckDined on 9/23/2013We went to lunch here, sat outside and loved it. It's like you're sitting right on the beach, with great food and good service.Special Features:
- Great sun setOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2013My wife and I were driving down the coast looking for a HH. I check Open Table and we found a great place to eat, drink and watch the sun set. The food was very good with some good wine and the sunset. Great combination. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food on the BeachOcean1Dined on 9/22/2013Everything was fantastic except the food service was very slow. Happy hour before we dinned had great service and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey view for an easy price tag.FoodieDined on 9/21/2013Beautiful view from either lower or upper level (outside tables are the best but it's up to the weather). Don't know if the front people keep track for reservation online cause we made one in the morning for dinner & do not have table ready/in their appointment schedule and not sure if call in will be a better way here. Long wait for service cause under staff and I have to ask for the bread as the kids are too hungry. We are a party of six & have only 4 small bread. Later, the adult have food but the kid still have to wait for theirs. Fresh food but not a fresh look from inside deco/dark/old.Special Features:
- not a pleasant eveninggprine71513Dined on 9/21/2013was seated 2 hours past our reservation time. Not in the window area as requested. Had friends out of town, very disappointed.Special Features:
- not so greathfn51Dined on 9/21/2013Food adequate, service lacking. Ordered dinner, salads came immediately which was fine as we were not drinking. Entrees for 2 served almost before we put our salad forks down, while other 2 entrees sat on servers tray while he did something else. 2nd two entrees finally served. Again, table was cleared the minute entrees were finished, then we sat, sat, sat waiting for dessert we had ordered. Finally, dessert came. We had to ask for coffee, it was not offered. It never came. Nor were ice teas ever refilled. Additionally, we were seated on inside patio. Our table, annoyingly, was not level and rocked. When brought to the waiters attention, he called the busperson. Never did inquire as to the fix being adequate. We won't be back.
- Great View!SherrybDined on 9/20/2013The Beach House is a beautiful place right on the beach. We sat outside and had a unobstructed view of the sunset. The food was delicious and the service was great! Good for couples or families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!!sandiegobeachloverDined on 9/20/2013I went there for our wedding anniversary. Not a place to go if you are looking for a special occasion. The waiter was unexperienced, the host didn't even want to greet us nicely. They have a special Sunset Menu, which is cheaper than the normal menu. I knew that because I saw it on the website. The waiter looked at me puzzled when I asked for that menu. The customers know about the menu more than the waiter, that's messed up. There was no explanation on today's special, no congratulating us on our wedding anniversary. It was the worst experience.
- Awesome view with great food.aristoDined on 9/20/2013Awesome view with great food. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great NightMargeDined on 9/17/2013Four of us enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Beach House. The staff were superb; friendly, knowledgeable about the food & not pushing us to rush thru our meal. The Ocean View was spectacular. Watching the waves break so close to the restaurant was so pretty to watch. All the way around a GREAT place to dine.Special Features:
- Love itSolarnatorDined on 9/15/2013One of our most favorite restaurants, the view is breathtakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor, Poor,Poor!luv2cookDined on 9/14/2013My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary and we made reservations at the Beach House. I called the establishment to begin with (around 1 PM) and the hostess told me they had nothing available until after 8:00 PM. I checked in with OpenTable and I got a reservation at 5:30 PM...??? I do not understand...Anyway, we decided to go a little early and go upstairs and have a glass of wine. We arrived at 4:50PM, went upstairs, found a table and sat down. We waited for 20 minutes and NOBODY came over to us. Not a good way to start our Anniversary dinner. We went downstairs and the service was the same...POOR! POOR! The food was OK at best. My salmon was dry (sitting under the heat lamp I think) and my wife's lobster tough and chewy.Special Features:
- Service Bad, Food and Scenery GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2013waited 15 minutes for water, 10 more minutes for specials menu, waitress had no personality. When meal was over with, she picked up credit card before bringing us the bill. Checked the bill before signing and found she had added two deserts which we did not have. Food has always been great first time with bad service, not at all what we are used to, we've been going to restaurant for many years.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013I always enjoy the dining and view. It's a pleasure to come back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will go backPekiVIPDined on 9/6/2013I don't know why we had not tried this restaurant until now, but we really enjoyed this place! We were seated as soon as we valet parked. A table overlooking the ocean and the setting sun. Ordered the crabcake, a steak and cheesecake. Normally, I do not care for slaw, but the Asian slaw served with the crabcake was PERFECT! Steak cooked to perfection and lovely sauce. Only complaint-too much fruit sauce on the cheesecake!Special Features:
- Great BrunchGreatBirdDined on 9/1/2013We have driven by here many times and wanted to try it so we decided to have brunch when we had friends in town. Everything was very good and our whole party of 15 seemed to enjoy it. The only problem I had was that my filet mignon benedict was kind of cold. Aside from that everything was great. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First bad experience herevegasgirlDined on 8/31/2013We love this place but had our first bad experience here. Table not ready despite our reservation. Waited over half an hour and missed the sunset. Then server made us wait 20 minutes to get menus. Food not up to par. We suspect new management. Unfortunately we had touted the place to friends and it was their first time here. Hesitant to go back. This was one of my favorite places. Am now afraid to try it any more.Special Features:
- LOVED ITromanticEveDined on 8/31/20135:30 reservations, amazing table, beautiful sunset and handsome company... it couldnt have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013My husband and I have been here many times for special occasions and this weekend we brought friends who were in town. The waiter was rude and the food was sub par for the price. This is the first time we had a bad experience but this will keep us from bringing guests here from now on.Special Features:
- View but not much elseShb4VIPDined on 8/30/2013Crab cakes charred, Mahi Mahi dry and overlooked. Ceasar salad with grilled shrimp small and overpriced. Wine and view enjoyable but would definitely not go back or recommend. The waiter was rushed and uninterested in our experience. Decor inside outdated and air musty. Wishing we had gone elsewhere to celebrate our last night in San Diego ... So glad we had an excellent meal at Eddie v's in la jolla earlier in the week.Special Features:
- Great views!GourmandDined on 8/30/2013We have started frequenting this gem on the beach. It was a glorious day and we had a ring side seat to a sunset on the Pacific. A great way to end the day. It is all about the location. The service and food were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation IssueluvsunsetsDined on 8/30/2013My husband made the reservation based on location, thinking we would have an outdoor table, and the "Sunset Special" from 4:30-6pm. We were not offered the Sunset Special menu even though we arrived promptly for our 5:30 reservation. The food was delicious and the waiter was very courteous. The hostess could have tried harder to seat us outside, especially since 1 table sat empty throughout our visit. Open Table should have given the option of asking for patio dining - instead Beach House said we had a reservation for "indoor window". I also would have liked the option of "The Top of the House" through Open Table. It makes me think I should have called the restuarant instead of booking through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantdebbDined on 8/28/2013Was able to watch a beautiful sunset out on the patio, had a nice dinner. Meal was pricier than I likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Sunsets and White WaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2013The view of the beach/ocean is amazing from the patio. If the tie is high, the waves practically break next to your table! You can't beat the price of the Sunset specials - diverse dishes, generous portions and extremely flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad nite or real issuesMagmaDined on 8/25/2013Caesar salad no dressing; waiter told us that "we're out of pork, what else would you like" 25 minutes after ordering -- other table guests had to wait for this new entree order to be prepared. Waiter thought nothing of it, offered and said nothing, manager never even came by to apologize. Shrimp appetizer had a small paper cup of cocktail sauce for 5 small shrimp. Valet parking is only high end part of this place, would not recommend it to anyone except for drinks only and the view.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the cioppino, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2013We enjoyed the cioppino, however we were sitting outside (very nice) but without the lights we had a little difficulty seeing what we were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterTechno117Dined on 8/25/2013Went there a yea ago and it was amazing. Went back last week and the food was rubbery, the service was terrible and the place had generally lost its charm. Too bad cause they have a great patio, but I won't be going back.
- Nice place for a Sunday brunchChuckFromOCVIPDined on 8/25/2013Awesome 180 degree view of the ocean. The brunch entries were not great (but they were very good), however the service and the view were great and the champagne was pretty good as well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smokersez4nowDined on 8/24/2013Had a beautiful view upstairs, but the waiter had a strong stench of smoke. You could smell him every time he was at the table. He was nice, but... then the food. We had to send the chowder back it was so grainy and salty. Our main meals.also were very salty. I then learned from my date that the cook was also probably a smoker. As a smoker has a tendency to over season food because the smoking actually impairs their taste buds if they don't use a mouthwash or brush their teeth. Anyway, I have eaten there before and it was good. This night I scored points for the view and location... but lost points on the food.
- Views! Views! View!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013WE love the Beach House for the views, food and fun. One of our favorites, you can't go wrong here.Special Features: