2530 S Highway 101
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, CA 92007Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebeachhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607531321
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Ingino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy our exclusive view of the Pacific from every table in your private dining room, while our expertly trained staff provides you and your guests with excellent service, fine cuisine, and the personal planning assistance that will make your party a step above!
- Private Party Contact: Katie Stevenson 7607531321
- Entertainment: Enjoy nightly entertainment in the Top of the House Grill, featuring local talent playing acoustic jazz, blues, soul, and classic rock.
A word from Beach House
A relaxing afternoon watching the surfers at Cardiff Reef or a romantic evening with the sun setting over the sea...the exciting new cuisine of recently-arrived acclaimed executive chef Michael Ingino...the value of our famed daily Happy Hour and nightly Sunset Specials...two heated outdoor patios so close to the sea you might just get splashed, al fresco dining at its finest...the energy and excitement of the Top of the House Grill, the comfort of our dining room...Lunch, Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, and Dinner...Cuisine, Service and Value to match the stunning views...The Beach House...Lobster, Fine Steaks, Fresh Fish...World Class Wines, cool Libations and Martinis...on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, two miles north of the Del Mar racetrack.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a party of 10 . ThescottDined on 12/6/2013We had a party of 10 . The service was good , less a couple of mistakes with the order. The atmosphere & room were comfortable. I felt the quality of food was not up to par . The Halibut sauce was too rich, the fish over cooked - too mushy - and the entree was not at the proper temperature . A better cut of T bone could be found at Von's or Albertsons . The fish portions were also too small . The appetizers and desserts were good . Though the desserts were over priced and the Maryland style crab cakes were not jumbo lump as the waiter insisted when I asked . I'm from Maryland !Special Features:
- YummLunchersDined on 12/4/2013This was a real treat for our group. The staff was very accommodating and the food and view was great. We had a nice clear day, and the surf was just right. A few surfers enhanced the viewSpecial Features:
- BlandfoodiegirlDined on 12/2/2013All of us felt the food was bland. Nice presentation but no interesting tastes. The curry sauce in the dish 2 of us had had a bite to it but no curry taste.. as if the seasoning was old and lost its flavor. Sorry 5 of us would not return.Special Features:
- Came home for thanksgiving,food2goodDined on 12/1/2013Came home for thanksgiving, and was truly disappointed in the brunch at the beach house. The service was really lacking, it was clear our waiter did not want to be there and he did not even put in an effort to make our time pleasant. The food was decent but I feel like this was lacking as well since the last time i came here about a year ago.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/1/2013Had a good time w girlfriends at the Beach House. The view cannot be beaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar server (woman short, lightFriNiteOutDined on 11/30/2013Bar server (woman short, light skinned, a bit heavy, brunette) wasn't very accommodating. Slow serve. She looked as if the deer was caught in the car light when she saw us signing in American Sign Language. She brought the wrong order. It took forever before she brought back the check. She charged me the regular price when it should have been discounted during the happy hour. When I got confused with the bill, she avoided me. Another server noticed my confusion and offered to help. By the way, the food was good. The bread was bland and needed some flavorings.Special Features:
- Very memorable dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013Beach House was recommended by Inspirato on our recent trip to San Diego. I made reservations through Open Table and we were led to the furthest table from the ocean view. Once seated we were informed by an overly busy waitress that none of the fish dishes we wanted to order were available. Then we noticed water dripping from the ceiling, which obviously had water damage and was an issue in the past. Once we notified the waitress, we were moved to a different table (carrying our salads) and the service improved. However, we were never given an apology from management or compensated for the hassle. My family was able to laugh about the experience and still enjoy our time together. Helpful hint-you have to pay for valet parking.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnermacmvillaDined on 11/29/2013Service was very good, waitress attended to our needs but also gave us privacy. The view was excellent. The food was good but they had run out of a lot of the menu items. It was also very cold inside and it was not a warm day so really was no need for air conditioner.Special Features:
- Over the hill.DisappointedDined on 11/29/2013The restaurant has seen better days. Interior was tired and worn. Definitely need a major make-over. Rather depressing. One group had to be re-seated due to a leak over their table. It was not raining and there was a floor above the one we were seated on. Staff worked hard to please and the fond was ok, but nothing special. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013This is the 2nd time my wife and I have hit the Cardiff Beach House for Thanksgiving and both times it has been exactly what I was looking for. Great white water views and ambiance. Our server, Chris was outstanding in accommodating the fact that only one of us are meat and had our entree's plated perfectly. I look forward to another thanksgiving at the the beach house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DinecbaddinerDined on 11/26/2013My wife and I love this restaurant. Great atmosphere, location, and food. Love the outside patio dining and the upstairs lounge and patio balcony. Super early-bird and bar menus. Nice wine, beer, and cocktail selection. Staff was very friendly. We will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value especially itsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013Good value especially its Prix fix menu….. Out of four red wines but upgraded to finer label at no added cost.
- The lobster and chocolateDc51VIPDined on 11/19/2013The lobster and chocolate lava cake were to die for!Special Features:
- A great birthday!MEK1Dined on 11/19/2013The Besch House provided a perfect setting for my birthday with family. I had the lobster which was beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset and beyondSolanaBeach21Dined on 11/17/2013What a great place to enjoy dinner. My companion and I each had the prix fix dinner and the dishes were generous portions and beautifully presented. Our server was attentive and we felt spoiled....Caesar salad, lobster tails and chocolate lava cake overlooking the Pacific :) Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaydwheelsDined on 11/16/2013a great venue for a small gathering of friends..we all enjoyed the setting and the food was well presented and prepared...the wine list was a treat with selections not readly available...a great time was had by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach House - Cardiff by the SeaSSGGDined on 11/13/2013I love the location of this place -right on the sand. It's like a mini vacation! I definitely would return again for lunch or brunch on a nice day.to try more dishes. Prices are reasonable. Only complaint was the service. No water or iced tea refills unless we asked and even then it took some time to receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific lunch!RustyDined on 11/11/2013Had a birthday/business lunch on the back patio looking out at the ocean. Everything was superb. Had not been in a long while, but will need to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A view and something for everyonemafortinVIPDined on 11/9/2013Dined here for the first time with my husband and 2 sons ages 12 and 16. My husband and I love sea food but the boys really prefer steaks. Beach House has something great for all of us. We opted to each out on the terrace where we could enjoy the fabulous ocean views. The atmosphere was casual but upscale enough to make it feel like a special family night out and the food was very good. There were a few of our favorite wines on the menu and the service was prompt and friendly. It's hard to get the boys to agree to a night out now but I was happy to hear them say they'd like to go back to Beach House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFoodieDined on 11/9/2013I've never eaten something that wasn't delicious and I always try something different. The location is stunning, especially at sunset! It is a little dark at night, we needed the flashlights on our phones to read the menus and service was pretty slow but the food is worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunset ViewrbuddyDined on 11/9/2013My wife and I have dined at the Beach House on many occasions & have always enjoyed the food, ocean view and opportunity to dine outdoors. This is San Diego, after all! We recently had visitors from Illinois and took them to the Beach House for an early dinner to watch the sunset. We arrived early and enjoyed a glass of wine from the upstairs bar, then went downstairs as soon as the restaurant was open at 4:30pm. We were seated pretty promptly, but the service thereafter was much slower than normal. However, since we were there to watch the sun set around 5:15pm, we were not in any hurry and greatly enjoyed the leisurely pace and incredible views. We were certainly not disappointed in the vivid colors of the sunset nor the delicious food.Special Features:
- BHLBBfoodratingDined on 11/7/2013Very good food, busy day and short staff made for hurry, hurry service but we enjoyed a nice lunch. Would prefer a more casual and friendly waiter, but she had too many tables to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013We had not been to the Beach House in years. It was our 41st wedding anniversary and decided to try it again. We wanted the ocean view, but didn't want to have to pay extra for side dishes. We both had filet mignon & my husband also had lobster. We started with the bacon wrapped bar-b-que shrimp skewer and a Caesar salad. Everything was absolutely wonderful! The food was outstanding and the bacon wrapped shrimp was out of this world! Service was perfect and fast. Prices are a bit on the high side, but lower than most other comparable restaurants. And, the side dishes are included. Great view and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandpiper's frolick, diner's dineJimmyDined on 11/4/2013Evening dining was complimented by floodlit seashore. While feasting on Steak and Salmon, with generous drink portions, we enjoyed watching the Sandpiper's frolicking along the shoreline search for an evening snack of their own. We don't get out much, and this was a special treat... It helped that the summer crowds were gone, but the view and great food remained.....Go, before the crowds return.hSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful family gatheringluvtheoceanDined on 11/2/2013We were celebrating my dad passing his written driving test at the age of 83. We were so pleased to get a table where we could look at the ocean and the waves coming up to greet the shore. It was so nice that my Dad could hear the conversation as he wears hearing aids. Normally he is not able to hear the conversation due to background noise, but was actually engaged in our conversation. So wonderful and nice! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, leisurely diningyminotDined on 11/2/2013Made reservations but after reading some reviews was a bit concerned. However, there was no need to be. The service was great and the view outstanding. We enjoyed all of the food except my steak (it was a bit chewy/tough). Appetizer, sides and desserts were great as was the salmon. Wait staff was very attentive, however the food service was a bit slow. No complaint though as we were looking for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeYumYumDined on 11/2/2013My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner watching the sunset at the Beach House. We hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lobster!BlondieDined on 10/26/2013The Beach House knows how to serve a lobster tail! Succulent and flavorful! The ocean view from inside and the outside patio is so gorgeous! Definitely a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningYumyumDined on 10/24/2013This is the 2d time we have dined on the Beach House patio. It was a bit chilly but we had brought 2 friends and wanted them to experience the amazing ocean view and sounds of the surf. They were up for it too. The wait staff was adorable and had blankets to offer ad plenty of heat lamps. We were toasty and so comfortable. Our appetizers, entree, and desserts were absolutely delicious. Not a flaw in any of our orders and beautify presented. My husband and I eat out often and can now say we have found a new favorite....an absolute 10. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beach locationscottsdalefamilyDined on 10/24/2013Very good location with what might be one of the best views in this part of SO Cal. Sunsets are amazing. Friendly staff. Food was 4 out of 5 stars. Weird thing is the music they were piping in didn't fit the atmosphere. They should have a no cellphone usage policy at tables. We had a part next to us that were passing a phone around yelling happy birthday to a 5 year old on the line. Not the end of the works,but was kind of a mood killer. We will be Back again though. The staff, food and view are worth overlooking a few minor details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a fabulous venue....TonyVIPDined on 10/19/2013All around great experience. Try it - don't think you will be disappointed...Special Features:
- prices reasonable. food fare, fair!doctorbonesDined on 10/18/2013beach-side location very good. ambiance ok. too bad the food doesn't measure up.Special Features:
- Great view, lousy food.FoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2013The view, especially at sunset, is great. However, the food and decor is poor at best.
- Great settingScottDined on 10/16/2013We dined on a weekday night and found the restaurant to be uncrowded, allowing us to choose an outside table along the beach. The setting was spectacular! The night was cool and breezy but the portable heaters kept us comfortable. Our appetizers of lobster bisque and crab cakes was very good, although the crab cakes could have been served a bit warmer. Entrée servings of Filet and pork chop were served at the right temperature and were delicious. The wine list is small but adequate and very well pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BreakseafoodDined on 10/14/2013There were three of us. I ordered salad with salmon on the side; they were out of salmon. Another diner ordered calamari; they were out of that. We had to ask three times to get bread. They were slow to refill our drinks. This experience was unusual. We have eaten there many times before and haven't had these problems. I am hoping this was a one time thing. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, overlooking the ocean.Special Features:
- This has to be one of thetomgerDined on 10/13/2013This has to be one of the best places on the planet to sit so near the ocean and have great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Parking problemJkennedy8130Dined on 10/8/2013Didn't like the fact that we had to pay for parking ,try and cross a very busy street, or park far away. Didn't have cash for the valet parking so it was quite a walk in the dark to park. Service was very slow and there wasn't that many people dining.Special Features:
- Once Again Outstanding!jhorchakDined on 10/7/2013We've been here several times and just love the setting. We go once in awhile for the "early bird" menu which includes our favorite - sanddabs! Great job chef! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!views areFoodmanDined on 10/5/2013Great place to eat!views are fantastic and so is the food! Great place everytimrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellentSatisfiedDined on 10/4/2013Called ahead after making the reservation and left a message for a patio table due to it being our anniversary. I received a call back from the resturaunt confirming my request and time. Wow, a call back. Some businesses DO remember to make every aspect of the dining experience enjoyable. Food was great, table location and view were awesome. Our server was on the spot. it seemed like everyone there knew it was our anniversary as the servers and staff did a quick pre-meal stop by to wish us well. Excellent experience.Special Features: