Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: 4072263900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (46)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (30)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great serviceRichardDined on 12/23/2013The wait staff were fantastic. The host staff lacked respect. We were placed at a table that they just moved another couple because it was in the middle of the room and next to a table of 12 with a bunch of kids. I waiter stepped in and move us after we showed a dislike for our seatingSpecial Features:
- Sup par expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2013I have been to Ruth's Chris in Detroit and I had a more upscale feel then in Orlando. The meal was average andi felt that my expectations were not met due to the level of food service I received. The wait staff was excellent but the overall meal was not better than other restaurants I have visitedSpecial Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsRunswithrexDined on 12/21/2013The steak is always flavorful with only salt & pepper, my favorite side dish is the Brussels sprouts. The wait staff is always attentive and friendly and provide recommendations if asked. This restaurant is perfect for special occasions. Don't forget the Creme Brulee at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday nightMistrGTDined on 12/10/2013Went to RC for my wife's birthday. Had a very nice time. Great food and service was stellar.
- Ruth 's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013This was by far the worst steak I have had at Ruth's Chris. It was as tough as an Outback steak at 4 times the price. The shoestring potatoes were not hot when delivered and cool 1/2 way through. Very disappointed and will go to Morton's or del frisco next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great..1goodtymDined on 11/28/2013Disney vacation thanksgiving meal...where else but Ruth's Chris steakhouse.You get what you pay for and Ruth's always has excellent food and service.Thanks for a fine holiday meal.The wife and kids had a traditional turkey dinner.While I had a t bone, perfect as always.ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Thanksgiving. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/28/2013Went for Thanksgiving. I had never been to a Ruth's Chris Steak House. I was underwhelmed. The cost didn't go with the quality of food/flavor. Nice atmosphere, but our table was stuck in an awkward location. A column was between two seats, and one person at our table basically was sitting in a thoroughfare for the wait staff. Not too comfortable. An establishment needs to think about the comfort of the diners not the number of tables that can be squeezed into a room.
- Different Thanksgiving CelebrationDShepardDined on 11/28/2013Our family has spent at least 8 of the last 10 years in Orlando for Thanksgiving. Usually we eat at the JW Marriott but opted to try something different this year. Our teenage boys had the traditional thanksgiving prix fixe menu, and the 3 adults had the classic prix fixe menu. Everything was wonderful. The only side that we didn't love was the mac and cheese with jalapenos in it. Kervin (assisted by EJ) did a great job. The only snag was they initially wouldn't change our reservation from 4 to 5. I was told they were booked. I noted a number of empty tables and overheard the hostess tell someone on the phone they could walk in and sit in the lounge/bar area w/o a reservation. I would have appreciated knowing that too.Special Features:
- ThankfulluvruthchrisDined on 11/28/2013Brought my kids here for Thanksgiving dinner. They loved it. The loved the energy, the food and can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent...Manny3Dined on 11/28/2013Our first Thanksgiving dining out of our home turned into an exceptional experience by the team at Ruth's Chris. Our server, Lucia, did a great job in making us feel right at home. The pre-fixed menu was simple but really good, and they even gave us a take-out sample of everything we had. We will certainly do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecliningCjcjDined on 11/23/2013Not the Ruth's Chris it used to be. Service and quality of food declines with each visit. At our last visit steak was overly seasoned with pepper, to the point of being almost spicy. Our server was more interested in his other tables, possibly because we look younger and therefor may not tip as well. Who knows? It was my boyfriends birthday dinner, I just wish it was as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as always.TKGSDined on 11/22/2013We travel often to the Orlando area, and always look forward to a visit to Ruth's Chris. The food and service is always exceptional, and these qualities remain consistent, something that isn't always easy to find. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Bite for HourbigdogVIPDined on 11/22/2013Service was great. Food was very good although the french fries were a little soggy. Prime burger was improved over the last time I was here in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many visitsMickeyGDined on 11/20/2013I travel to America several times a year from the UK, and have been a Ruth's Chrise devotey since going to the first restaurant in New Orleans back in the early 70's. In all the years I have never had a disappointing meal, and my two visits this week to the Orlando location lived up to my expectations as I new they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every NovemberMickeyGDined on 11/18/2013We attend a convention in Orlando in November very hear, and have been doing sop for the last ten years. We spend four nights here, sand always go to Ruth's Chris two of the four nights. I travel to America from the UK s several times year on business and vacation. Ruth's Chris is always top of the list whichever City I visit. Firstly the Ambiance, but most importantly the ageing of the beef the Ruth Chris way always ensures a great tasting steak together with excellent sides and wine list. I have been a customer for over thirty years, which surely is great testament to the company. There a number of steak chains large and small in Americe, but there is only ones Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally - we got a great table.traciVIPDined on 10/25/2013Finally - we got a great table. Usually stick us out in the middle - this time we were in the corner - nice and quiet. Server a bit too chatty -- but food was wonderful....
- great every timesilviaysDined on 10/21/2013It was a pleasure moment with friends great food and champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very memorable anniversary!AngieUDined on 10/20/2013Thank you again Nia, for a wonderful evening! It just doesn't get better than Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJP218VIPDined on 10/16/2013one of the best RC's we have been to. Gabe is an awesome waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service2steakloversDined on 10/11/2013My Husband and I were there celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary just a little us time, our waiter Brian was very nice spoke of all the specials and wines. the food was very good my steak was done how I requested and the Chicken my husband ordered was delicious. Thanks Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewAa1979Dined on 9/28/2013Food and atmosphere were great. Service lacked. For the price of the food, I expect better service. The hostess was beyond rude...from when I called to confirm reservations and even when we checked in. We were appalled at how rude she was. The server was nice but my drink was never refilled until I asked him for it (if I could even catch him). We will return but hope to see better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True SophiticationMachelleVIPDined on 9/28/2013I dined here for my birthday. We were a party of ten. Ruth's staff had the table set and decorated it with the birthday sprinkles on the table. That was so nice. Kenny, my server was most accomodating. He is a true gentleman. He made all my guest feel welcomed and took care of all of them. thank you Kenny and Thank you Ruth Chris. I look forward to having my birthday dinner at this location again next year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical dining experiencetreshDined on 9/28/2013Unfortunately I didn't look at the dining menu prior to booking the reservation as I would not have chosen the restaurant. We have eaten at other Ruth Chris' locations. My husband didn't like either of the 2 choices on the starter menu and there was only 1 option for the desssert of which he didn't like. The steaks were average and not the best we have had in this same area. My husband said the dining room reminded him of a cruise ship (which i didn't think was a good thing and neither did he)Special Features:
- Nice night outRunswithrexDined on 9/28/2013I dined with my husband and dad over the weekend. We say in a smaller room off to the side, more private than the main dining room. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu and other happenings at the restaurant. Threw restaurant provided me with a substantial gluten free menu, I was pleased that I had so many options. All 3 of us got the filet. They were all cooked perfectly. No complaints about the food. It got chilly in our dining room a few times, and parking is always difficult if you don't use valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining ExperienceCandiDined on 9/28/2013My mother has never eaten at Ruth's so imagine my delight when I saw it on the Magical Dining list for September. Our table was in a fantastic location, just off the side of the main dining room in a wine cellar of some sort. The waiter was very good, but not as attentive as I am normally accustomed to. In fact, his helper was more attentive and friendly then our waiter was. We ended up getting talked into dining off of the normal menu, instead of the Magical Dining menu and boy am I glad we did after reading some of the Magical Dining reviews. A steak lovers dream! And the sin cake? Truly a magical sin! The blueberry mojito... it was "okay." Def wouldn't order again. All in all, another great experience at Ruth's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakGolfermanDined on 9/28/2013Tender, delicious, melts in your mouth. Excellent dessert - the cheese cake was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Who's got the beef?DickPVIPDined on 9/27/2013There are many choices for steaks in this country. My favorite is Ruth Chris, and especially the Orlando one. Some of them are inconsistent. I had my favorite server and I feel at home here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodLoverDined on 9/21/2013Steak was a melt in your mouth experience. So good. Mashed potatoes fabulous. Chocolate Sin dessert was to die for. Great service. My 3 yr old was only kid in the place & they were so kind with him. The filet mignon was so delicious I wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing experiencepickydinerVIPDined on 9/21/2013We looked forward to trying Ruth's on Sand Lake but had a very poor experience. Our server (did not really give us his name) was brusque, inattentive, and did nothing to add to our experience. We seldom leave less than 20% tip but we definitely did with him. Granted, we asked for the Magical Dining menu but we ordered a fairly pricey bottle of wine, so it was not a low cost meal. The food was not up to par. The salads were ok but the real disappintment was the steaks. Only one of our four got what appeared to be a tenderloin (and it was slightly overcooked). Three got what seems to have been sirloins - good sirloin but when tenderloin was ordered, it should be tenderloin. We were no please with this experience and will not be back.
- Not so magical diningBennymacDined on 9/21/2013Attended during September for the magical dining experience. Our waiter was truly pathetic. The fact that we all ordered from the magical dining menu immediately put him off. We do frequent this restaurant on occasion but I would never allow this individual to wait on us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingStacyDined on 9/21/2013I went to Ruth's Chris with my mom in another city and it was probably the best meal I've ever had. I was very excited to see Ruth's Chris on the Orlando Magical Dining list so I could finally take my husband. The crab stuffed mushrooms and steakhouse salad were very good. It went downhill after that. I ordered my steak medium. What I got was well done and a little tough. When Steak House is in your name, I would expect a perfectly cooked steak. Given that the steaks are served on 500 degree plates, I'm wondering if maybe it started as medium but sat on the plate for a while and continued to cook. The creamed spinach was good, but the mashed potatoes were runny and tasteless. Very disappointing.
- Excellent again!MarcDined on 9/21/2013We had another wonderful evening at Ruth Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL. Excellent food and outstanding service. Highly recommend for a nice dinner or a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49 Wedding AnniversaryStanDined on 9/19/2013Staff was pleasant, courteous, and accommodating. Food was superb and serving sizes were perfect and appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience.JojoDined on 9/18/2013Not a bad night, everyone was very happy with their meal except me, although not unhappy I was amazed in Ruth Chris to find my medium rare steak was rare. I am the foodie of the group who had persuaded others to go (who were not keen - but loved it, ex claiming it was the best steaks they have ever had, so it was kind of disappointing for me. I had a better steak with my surf and turf at Big Fins actually).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceJskrabVIPDined on 9/18/2013We have been to Ruth Chris numerous times but this was the first time that we did not have the best service. It seemed that they were ovewhelmed with a busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando Magical Dining ExperienceDisappointedDined on 9/18/2013Disappointing Orlando Magical Dining Experience. The side portion of mashed potatoes with the filet was sooo small, a scoop of ice cream would be much bigger. The size of the dessert was skimpy too, only about 1/3 of a normal dessert serving. I may not have been so disappointed if I hadn't dined at this restaurant before; but since I have dined at this restaurant before, I can definitely say the restaurant would be better off not even participating in the Orlando Magical Dining program. Also, the service was average, nothing outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent time with magical diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2013We went to Ruth Chris' with the Magical Dining. The menu was good and Rusty Ross, our server, went above and beyond. He was very friendly, informative and nice. He treated you like you were the only diner there. The food was the best I've had. The appetizer of minestrone soup was great. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and the taste was delicious. I ate slow to savor each bite. Couple that with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach-excellent. The dessert was cheesecake creme brulee-excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing with some noise.AmbaisuhmazingDined on 9/16/2013I took my husband here for our anniversary. The service was great the food was absolutely mouth watering. The thing I didn't like at all was the fact the tables were so close to each other all I could hear was the people next to us talking or chomping on their steak. Our waitress was awesome! She recommended a salad dressing and some drinks. Other then the people sitting on top of you it was pretty amazing! Another thing I did/didn't like was the fact the plate was 500 degrees when they brought it out. I loved that whenever I cut a piece it would still be hot, but I didn't like that I occasionally hit my hand on it (but my fault right. If you love a good steak I recommend going here- it was the best steak I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendliest Staff in OrlandoMommy2BearsDined on 9/14/2013From the time we entered to the time we left every employee we met went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The wine list was expansive offering many different varieties. The food was wonderful with the slight flaw that my steak was closer to well than the medium I had ordered. However it wasn't so done that I would have sent it back. We will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Filet MignonJCreviewerDined on 9/14/2013Magical Dining menu filet was definitely the best I have had. Melted in your mouth. Salad needs improvement for an upscale restaurant. Salad dressing was not good.Special Features: