Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: 4072263900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (48)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great dinnerDavenportDonDined on 4/25/2014It was my fiancés birthday and he had a great meal. Our waiter was great and helped me with a few special requests. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceGopherDined on 4/19/2014We went early to beat the rush (5:15) and the place was almost completely empty. We ordered promptly, as we had another event to get to. Our food finally arrived at 6:40...and it was not exactly what we had ordered. After checking a few times and being told the chef "was making it perfect", we were already frustrated. I have no idea what takes almost 1.5 hours to cook when no one is at the restaurant. When we did receive our food, they made the wrong steak for me (a ribeye versus filet) and forgot my wife's side order (green beans). Our server apologized profusely and offered a free dessert, but it was too late. Very disappointed.
- DisappointmentTnRvrKingDined on 4/18/2014Having dined in other Ruth's Chris Steak House we had very high expectations for this dinning experience. Unfortunately it feel well short of our expectations. Do not get me wrong, the food was good, but it was not as good as other Ruth's Chris Houses and certainly not worth the price. The disappointment was compounded by less than quality service. The service was slow and it felt like the waiter had too many tables to handle. He also did not have a warm and caring attitude in his service. Sad to say, but I believe this was probably the last time we will visit Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- erinmDined on 4/10/2014We enjoyed celebrating our two birthdays on a special night while on vacation in Orlando.Special Features:
- Best Steak in Town!ScottnWendyDined on 4/4/2014We love Ruths Chris. Rusty was our server again, he always makes dining great. If you love steak this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOlivia14Dined on 3/30/2014Helpful server, was attentive about splitting meals and death with the younger children wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Really looking forward to an anniversary meal here. We are a mixed group of agesand the younger members were asked for id when ordering drinks. We needed 2 forms of id as we are not US citizens which we didn't have so left us extremely saddened.When speaking to the manager he was loud and argumentative. He towered over 2 members of my party (female) and would continue to voice his point even when we walked away. It left a very distressing and unpleasant evening for our group! The food was no better the any other steak house and will probably never eat here again. We had a high chair in our party and the table was too small to accommodate it which was a little upsetting Anoverall bad night and hope others don't have these problems!
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Try the stuffed chicken breast! Amazing! Excellent service. Excellent food. Totally recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal, so-so servicerickandshariDined on 3/21/2014We had Rusty as a server and he seemed very distracted all night. Ordered a glass of wine with my dinner after a couple of cocktails during the appetizer course but the wine was never delivered. Not the service Ruth's is known for or that should come from a $400 meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very efficient factoryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014The food was good, even though the steaks were overcooked. Edible but still over cooked. Staff agreed and wanted to "do something" for us;we declined. Waitstaff was friendly and prices were fair. However, the ambiance was more of a very efficient food factory than a fine dining experience. We would never go back.
- outstanding addition to great menu!MarjieWDined on 3/19/2014I only get to eat at Ruth Chris about twice a year for my birthday and anniversary. I never vary from the bone-in ribeye. Always perfectly cooked to order. The shrimp cocktail or crabtini are delicious and come with enough greens that we can skip a salad. The vegetable choices are delicious. I prefer the spinach au gratin. I was delighted to see lobster mac and cheese on the menu and had to try it. I was a little concerned there might be too much bite from the pepper but it was perfect. Great addition. Glad you got it right before adding it to the menu. I ventured away from my usual martini to have the blackberry side car. Loved the flavor. Gabe was our server, as he has been most visits over the years. He is wonderful.Special Features:
- BillyHDined on 3/16/2014A great experience, good food, attentive - but not intrusive - service. Our third visit and we have not been disappointed on any occasion.Special Features:
- Good Food - Long waitFoodie67Dined on 3/14/2014Went for our 5 year anniversary. Food was above average like most times we have been there. We got Bone-in filet (daily special) and Sea Bass for our entrees. We had a 7:30 reservation though and didn't get seated until after 8 pm, that was disappointing since we were starving! - but we did get a nice booth at least. Table service was good and attentive.Special Features:
- Not the same anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Ruth's Chris used to be my favorite steak house. Their steaks had a very distinctive flavor found at no other steak house. Our past three visits we have experienced steaks with no distinctive flavor. They continue to serve an excellent prime steak but the flavor I go to Ruth's Chris for is gone. In my opinion they are in line with all the other top end steak houses now.
- On the road and this was asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014On the road and this was as high quality and consistent as alwaysI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable but nothing specialBellaB33896Dined on 3/8/2014We had a group of six and it was our first time at this Ruth's Chris. Atmosphere was very nice, host staff was very accommodating. Our server was a bit over the top in trying to cross sale and did not take no very well. Our steaks were very good, but did not knock our socks off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes an ordinary occasion specialMagstewDined on 3/7/2014We had a drink and "starter" in the bar during the "Happy Hour" time where the atmosphere buzzed and was actively buoyant the moved into the peaceful ambiance of the main restaurant - for us a perfect combination. Service and quality in both ares was beyond redemption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did you forget us?Robbase333Dined on 3/6/2014We were in town to see Mickey Mouse and his gang and on day 4 got rained out. Since we spent most of the day in the hotel room, i decided to take my family of four to a nice steak dinner. The setting was nice, food was decent, service lacked severely, unless you ordered an alcoholic beverage. My wife and i noticed that several wait staff would constantly keep the alcoholic beverages filled and the rest of the tables sat and waited. Keep in mind this is a pricey restaurant and by default the wait staff inherit a nice tip. We have had much better service at chain restaurants though. Good luck!Special Features:
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Food, service and atomsphere was ok. Kenny did a great job at relaying how things worked as far as a la carte, family sides, etc.. At first drinks took longer than expected. But Kenny explained the bar was backed up. We didn't mind so much, for we we're catching up with our friends. Apps were great, my Lettuce Wedge came without bacon, Kenny fixed the problem quickly and informed us they had ran out. We kept enjoying our experience. The only thing that bothered me was when the server had told us that they were closing soon and needed to get our order because the Chef gets cranky. I was very disappointed hearing this, once my Ribeye came out, it was overcooked and I didn't have the nerve to send my steak back as too not make the Chef cranky.
- Beyond GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014The experience at Ruth Chris Orlando was one of total satisfacation. Steaks were beyond delicious, waiter was superb and the food was wonderful. Will return here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great sizzling steaks!7SaturdaysVIPDined on 2/16/2014We spend less than $80-that's inc the steak, salad, side item, dessert. + We get (2) glasses of wine. We get the "Ruth's Classic" $54 center cut filet & split it. (He likes his med rare & I like mine Med. We order it med rare-It comes out on two SIZZLING hot plates. I then slice mine up & sizzle it more). We get the filet & choice of a starter: Golden Beets, Baby Greens & Goat Cheese Salad | Minestrone Soup|Caesar Salad | Steak House Salad (We choose the Ruth Chis Chopped Salad). You get 1 side: Roasted Brussels Sprouts | Mashed Potatoes | Sautéed Mushrooms|Green Beans w/Roasted Garlic | Creamed Spinach. (We get the sautéed mushrooms). For dessert, you get a chocolate Sin Cake & Fresh Berries with Vanilla Sweet Cream. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great,GrandmadVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food is always great, tonight it was even better. We each had the surf and turf.Special Features:
- I love Ruth's Chris Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014I love Ruth's Chris. Every time I am here, I always have an amazing meal. That's why it is almost worth the exorbitant prices. But, no matter how many times I have gone to RC, in many different cities, they are always consistently outstanding. This trip to RC was for Valentine's Day dinner. The restaurant was very busy, but we still had good service. I had a great yellow beets and goat cheese salad, and then a very flavorful ribeye, and then the flourless chocalate cake as part of the RC Classics. My date had the barbecue shrimp and was equally as satisfied. We had a wonderful time and I'm sure that I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hectic/Excellent Valentine's DaycasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014We thought we were being smart by getting reservations for later in the eveing on Valentine's Day, but the place was absolutely packed when we arrived at about 9 pm for our 9:15 reservation. The amount of people willing to wait patiently for a table shows just how popular this restaurant is! We were seated about ten minutes late, but other than that, the evening was spectacular. The fillet was perfect as usual, there was a rose for my lady and the chocolate "sin" cake lived up to its name. We really, really like this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overbooked the restaurantPatienceDined on 2/14/2014They overbooked the restaurant on Valentines day. 30 minute delay with reservation. Not good.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Had a great wonderful Valentine's Day dinner. Our first time visiting Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and was not disappointed. Great food and service!Special Features:
- Valentine'sKJBHDined on 2/14/2014The tables were a little close together because of Valentine's day but overall the ambiance was good. Vince was our server and he MADE the night extremely special with great service and great suggestions.Special Features:
- WonderfulDLM1Dined on 2/14/2014We recently went for dinner on Valentine's Day; however, it was not our first time there. From the complimentary valet parking, nice greetings by everyone , great service and food, we couldn't have asked for anything more. It was just nice all the way around. The friendly reminders were welcomed and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2014We had dinner here w/ the filet mignon and Maine lobster tails. It was delicious! It was a special occasion so I splurged but in the future wouldn't order the Maine lobster as you pay $30 a Pound and they typically only have 3 pound lobsters. After the meat is taken out of the shell for you it's surprising how little you get for the $ 90.......but like I said it was a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Not worth the moneyRachilcDined on 2/1/2014I dine out often and all I can say is this place was mediocre at best. The ambiance was out of the 90's. The server was pretentious and pushy with up selling, making you feel bad if you didn't want something like bottles water. For example he started by asking if we would like sparkling or stil water? No mention of tap, when I asked for it he made me feel shamed. We ordered all of the suggested food and there was not a single thing I would order again. My suggestion is to go accross the street to Eddie V's where the atmosphere is stunning and the food left me wanting more...not to mention they have live jazz. I will never be back to Ruth's Chris, it's not a good value for the money.
- I LOVE THIS PLACEMachelleVIPDined on 1/26/2014The staff are always welcoming and smiling. The environment is very warm yet elegant. My favorite person is Taren at the bar. She is always smiling and remembers the customers name. The food is phenomenal to say the least. The wines are always good. Ruths has the best happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was spot on forOrlandoChowDined on 1/24/2014Everything was spot on for our dinner with old friends from out of town. Ruth's Chris is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- excellent beef sides just okdave2813Dined on 1/21/2014Ruth's Chris may have the best cuts of beef I have ever had. My filet was cooked to perfection and the flavor was outstanding. We ordered sauteed mushrooms as well as the asparagus and potatoes migrating to accompany our beef. The mushrooms were by far the best side. I felt the asparagus was overcooked and the potatoes were somewhat bland. Overall I highly recommend Ruth's Chris for exactly what it is. Great for the best cut of beef on a special occasion. Just choose your side dishes wisely.Special Features:
- Excellent meatKach2003Dined on 1/4/2014Steaks were very succulent and grilled exactly to order. Excellent wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome new year's eve dinnerChicoMomShopsDined on 12/31/2013Great place for a steak dinner, as always. We always hit the Ruth's Chris in the city we are travelling to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointed. Had a reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Very dissapointed. Had a reservation and waited 30 minutes for table. Waiter was a snob, took orders never came back to see how everything was. Waiter at next table was 100 times better Food was good, everything came out as ordered, but overall experience was not good. Was not worth the money
- Amazing New Years Experience!Ashley711VIPDined on 12/31/2013I dined at Ruth's Chris on New Years Eve and had an AMAZING experience. From the hostess team to the bartender to our amazing server, Kevin (make sure you ask for him) our night was one that I will not soon forget. The food was superb and completed the overall experience. I live in the Dr. Phillips area and frequent Restaurant Row often, however, this was the first time dining at Ruth's Chris. I am so glad that we made this choice. I know that my friends and I will make this our top choice going forward. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinghunterDined on 12/25/2013I have been to this restaurant several times and this was one of the more disappointing visits. At the hostess stand we were greeted with "name?". OK, not much of a greeting but we will move on. We were sat the rear of a dark dining room and preceded to have no less than 4 different waiters as I suppose they tried to determine who should be waiting on the table. They literally changed waiters halfway through taking the order! The steak and the sides were average at best. For this price point the service and the food should be above average. Ruths Chris will have to step up there game to compete with the more polished Eddie V's across the street.
- very good Christmas dinnermikemVIPDined on 12/25/2013very good Christmas dinner with very nice pricing. Family really enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerBobbieDined on 12/25/2013We thought that the advertised special of steak and lobster for $46.95 would include more than steak and lobster. Adding the a la carte items took it out of our budget. We did eat the three course meal at the bottom of the menu and were delighted with our selections and especially loved the bacon wrapped brussel sprouts. We'll be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.