Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: 4072263900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (49)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We have been to several Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008We have been to several Ruth's Chris restaurants and the quality is always good. This Orlando location is outstanding. I have simply never had a steak that is better than their Filet, period. They have a method and quality that really shines. The fresh mozzarella and beefsteak tomato salad is as good or better than any I ever had, including superb italian restaurants. Service is very good and the location is accessible and nice. Great wine options. You are going to pay to eat at Ruth's Chris...but if you are looking to treat yourself this is the place to do it. I can honestly say that it is well worth the cost.Special Features:
- This Ruth's Chris was notOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/2/2008This Ruth's Chris was not as good as others we have dined at around the country. My steak was not done as requested and when asked to fix it I was served a sizzling plate and overdone steak. The wine was great though.Special Features:
- All appetizers and entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2008All appetizers and entrees were very good. Service for the price is slow, unattentive and at times disinterested. Seems like they are trying to either portray a snobish french attitude or really don't care about giving good service. Either way - love the steaks sizzling in butter, but don't need to pay $80 a head to be treated this way.Special Features:
- We had a great dining experienceJJMUSSVIPDined on 11/13/2008We had a great dining experience there to celebrate our 26th Wedding Anniversary. Gabe, our waiter was super. We'd defintely recommend Ruth's Chris to everyone!Special Features:
- The steaks at Ruth's ChristheatreguyVIPDined on 11/6/2008The steaks at Ruth's Chris restaurants are always perfect and amazing: Although I have not dined at Peter Luger's these steaks are the best I've experienced anywhere. The service was gracious and attentive (particulary because I was dining alone). I love these restaurants and never pass up the opportunity to enjoy the steaks there.Special Features:
- We have been to Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2008We have been to Ruth's Chris many times(30+) and this was our least favorite location. Our waiter Ken was outstanding, but the shoe string potatoes were greasy and soggy. This is my favorite item and although they tried to make them twice, they were unsuccessful. Ken was kind and removed them from the bill, but we were still disappointed we did not get to enjoy them. We will return to Ruth's Chris again, but most likley not this location.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Had betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2008Excellent food. Had better service at a Wendy's. Worth checking out another location than Orlando.
- My wife and I spent a memorableMikeSDined on 10/23/2008My wife and I spent a memorable evening celebrating my birthday. The Special steak with the choice of two additional entrees was a great bargain, included was a slad and desert. My cowboy ribeye was the tastiest I have ever had.Special Features:
- Lives up to billing as anBillVIPDined on 10/14/2008Lives up to billing as an upscale steak house. Steak and a la carte side dishes are uniformly excellent. The carmelized banana cream pie was a gem.Special Features:
- We have always liked Ruth69erVIPDined on 8/28/2008We have always liked Ruth Chris Restaurants, the food is excellent and the service above par. We have recommended Ruth Chris to many friends and family members.Special Features:
- I'm not sure what happened,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2008I'm not sure what happened, but we should have gotten the hint when we couldn't even get through the front door since it was locked. We thought we were the 1st ones in, but there were people seated. Our waiter seemed to be in a hurry from the start. We ordered the Summer Special with wine. When I was trying to make up my mind on an item (which I was about to do) the waiter left; the attendants reached over me to serve someone on my left; the waiter forgot my glass of champagne and said he had 5 tables but seemed to be fine with them; the napkin to keep wine from spilling was placed on our table and he left; the filet mignons were fatty for all of us; and the 2 desserts were placed in front of one person. Not such a great experience!Special Features:
- Knowelegable, courteous staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2008Knowelegable, courteous staff. Manager checked on patrons. Melt in your mouth steaks! Save room for dessert, it is incredible, well worth every calorie!Special Features:
- Quality has dropped from lastjules510Dined on 6/14/2008Quality has dropped from last visit. We were placed in a room with a large group expected to arrive even though other tables were available -- so higher than average noise level.Special Features:
- I had Salmon and my wife hadLocalDined on 6/13/2008I had Salmon and my wife had the filet. Both were good, not outstanding and frankly I've done better grilling at home with salmon and filets from Publix. It was all good, but our expectations are higher at Ruth's Chris.
- Ruth's Chris is always a safeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/8/2008Ruth's Chris is always a safe bet. My fiancé and I chose to have dinner there since we were from out of town and didn't really know of any good restaurants in Orlando. We were not disappointed. The Orlando Ruth's Chris was better than the one we usually frequent in San Francisco or Walnut Creek, Ca. The steak was a true medium-rare, which I find most places have trouble making. The only thing I would complain about is the french onion soup. I like mine to have the cheese nicely browned. It could have stayed in the oven longer.Special Features:
- You were over the top andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008You were over the top and made it a special occasion to remember!Special Features:
- Several large parties (oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2008Several large parties (one in particular) quite loud - affected the grades in both ambiance and service terms. Expecting slightly more in terms of dress code. Food very good and well-presented.Special Features:
- This is the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2008This is the first time we had a not so great dining experience at Ruth Chris. Filet was tougher and fattier than we ever remember from Ruth Chris. Alaskan King crab was noticeably salty, so we didn't even use the butter. Baked Ziti came out luke warm in some spots and the cheese was not not totally melted in some spots. We had to send Ziti back. Ruth Chris is still our favorite steakhouse so we would probably go back, but we were disappointed for the first time. Too bad it was on my wife's birthday dinner. Maybe it was bad because there was a big group dinners going on at the same time.
- We love Ruth's Chris and tryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008We love Ruth's Chris and try to visit their restaurants when travelling and especially for special occasions. The food is always wonderful and service is usually great.Special Features:
- There are many steakhousesFoodguyVIPDined on 4/29/2008There are many steakhouses in Orlando, this is consistantly the best. Convienient to the Convention Center area.Special Features:
- restaurant has been remodeled,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2008restaurant has been remodeled, has lost a cluby atmosphere, waiter was too attentiveSpecial Features:
- excellent food, great attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008excellent food, great attentive service, can't go wrong with this terrific restauantSpecial Features:
- Our server was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2008Our server was very nice and was very attentive to our table. it was a memorable birthday and i would like to thank them for a great evening.Special Features:
- Steak was overcooked, bakedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2008Steak was overcooked, baked potato came with hardly any toppings, french fries were greasy. King crab legs tasted frozen and were not heated properly. This is the second time I've had a bad experience at this restaurant and we won't be back. There are too many good restaurants in Orlando to waste money at a place like this.Special Features:
- It was a nice dining experience.PickyDined on 4/18/2008It was a nice dining experience. It is a pricey restaurant and there was nothing overly special that would bring me back. I don't have anything bad to say, but I just wasn't overly impressed either.
- Doug was awesome, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008Doug was awesome, the food the was fantastic - we'll definately return!Special Features:
- Excelent quality food - willOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008Excelent quality food - will definitely come again!Special Features:
- We ordered two steaks, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2008We ordered two steaks, and a tune entree. Both steaks, New York Strip and Ribeye were over cooked. However, my buddy loved his tuna. I will not go back to that RC again. I have had two very good meals at the RC in San Diego and Boston and thought I would try the RC in Orlando instead of Morton's which is my standby. I will not make that mistake again and will not go to the RC in Orlando again. For the amount of money we spent the steaks should have been perfect and they were barely ok.
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008The food was very good. The service was mediocre. We were seated at a table at which we encountered many bumps into our chairs...usually by waiters. It was so loud, one could not carry on a conversation without speaking very loudly....not enjoyable when eating your meal. This is the second time we tried this restaurant, and were disappointed both times. Again, the steak was very good, but we will not be back.
- we always make it a pointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008we always make it a point of going to this restaurant-it is consistently great!Special Features:
- Disappointing. Decor is dated.PabloVIPDined on 3/22/2008Disappointing. Decor is dated. Service slow. Food is good but we expected more especially for the price.
- We enjoy Ruth's Chris andPrincessVIPDined on 3/19/2008We enjoy Ruth's Chris and try to find one where ever we travel. This was our first visit to this one. Great experience, steaks were just perfect, we will return!Special Features:
- When your steak comes outfoodisgoodVIPDined on 3/18/2008When your steak comes out on a 500 degree plate with sizzling butter, you cannot go wrong!Special Features:
- The best steak I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2007The best steak I've ever had (kobe). Truly amazing food. Wish you would open in the UK.Special Features:
- Only complaint is that theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2007Only complaint is that the server brought us our bottle of wine already OPENED. A bottle of wine should only be opened at the table.Special Features:
- Steak nothing to rave about.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2006Steak nothing to rave about. Highly overrated and overpriced. Can't hold a cnalde to Del Frisco's or Mortons