1108 North Mathilda Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94089Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4087528000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm- 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Entertainment: Piano Week nights
A word from Faz Sunnyvale
Faz Sunnyvale is a full service restaurant and bar offering guests a comfortably elegant ambiance with modular indoor and outdoor seating. Enjoy the distinctive Mediterranean style cuisine of Faz Poursohi . Whether dining in the warm, Galleria dining room, outside on the large courtyard patio, or at the antique Parisian bar, you’ll be wowed by the fabulous food, the great selection of wine & spirits, and the staff’s friendly knowledgeable service, all offered at an incredible value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Faz Sunnyvale - Best Restaurants in Sunnyvale ›
Faz Sunnyvale reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (34)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good standby restaurant formarkVIPDined on 2/26/2014Good standby restaurant for business lunch or dinner. Nice décor, good service, quiet enough that you can carry on a business conversation. Not a place for dates or special events.
- GoodYummiDined on 2/23/2014Great food, accommodating for kids, friendly, celebrated son's 2 year Birthday. They brought out a dessert with candle on it, which was great. My older son was irritable first 20 min, nobody made me feel uncomfortable. Loved the Angle Hair Pasta, my kids loved it and ate for dinner next day it was delicious. Ordered it with red and white sauce mixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for first visit!!JdoddDined on 2/17/2014I made reservations for my 18th wedding anniversary and Kate was very helpful in getting the flowers and gift I dropped off earlier in the day set up on our table to surprise my wife. Kate is a manager there and is very willing to help in any way possible. The wait staff was very attentive to us and very friendly. The food was great and we are looking to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DayKymberlyDined on 2/14/2014I don't know if it was because it was Valentine's Day & it was a special menu but if felt as though everything was pre-cooked. The artichoke appetizer was unediable (very dry & tough) , the meat was dry, the mash potato's luke warm. The dessert was 2 quarter size puffs with a melon ball size scoop of ice cream & one strawberry, not berrie(s) as noted on the menu. And we had to wave the waiter over all the all the time because he didn't come to the table otherwise.
- Valentine's Prix Fixe MenuGordonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Be aware that on Valentine's day there is only one dinner menu and it is expensive at $58 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. The food was done well with a half-dozen oysters on the half shell one of the appetizers, a small salad and a generous selection of entrees as well as a small dessert to share. We had the surf and turf, which included 5 large prawns grilled and a filet mignon. All in all, it was a pleasurable if not outstanding meal.
- Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I went to Faz for an early Valentine's Day dinner. This was the first time I had been to the restaurant. I found the food to be quite good but a little over priced. The food was good but not exceptional. I had a steak that was not as tender as I would have expected. If the service had been better, I would have considered it a better value. The service wasn't bad but I felt rushed. Overall, not a bad experience but not a great value either.
- Open issueFazfriendDined on 2/12/2014I originally made a reservation for 5 people but 10 minutes updated it on Open table to 7. The update threw Open Table did not go threw. Faz changed the reservation once we got there...with no issues. Other than that, we had a great lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014FAZ is close to where we work on North Mathilda and consistent in its service and food whic is always appreciated.Special Features:
- Solid for Biz LunchRhinoVIPDined on 2/3/2014Always good food but service always a bit off. Not so bad I don't come back regularly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!NTHKDined on 1/29/2014I eat here all the time. Usually for lunch. They get super packed so make reservations. Food is always good. Service is always good. Love the chicken kabob plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGolfinflyfisherVIPDined on 1/23/2014Faz is a place you can depend on for good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Business meeting locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014Always a good choice of food and quality to cater for the different needs of clients for business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet for drinksSteveDined on 1/18/2014Faz is a very nice place to meet for drinks and maybe some appetizers.
- Great ServiceNader128Dined on 1/17/2014I take my clients and partners to FAZ for business lunch. Great food and great service. It is also conveniently located in heart of Silicon Valley.Special Features:
- Open table does not work at FAZJimJDined on 1/15/2014I received a confirmation of my open table reservation - when I arrived there where no tables available and the only option was to eat outside in the cold where people where smoking or at a noisy bar. Embarrassing experience - i have to challenge the credibility of open table or if it even works. This restaurant obviously does not take it seriously.
- Standard business hotel restaurant.JAMSFVIPDined on 1/15/2014Standard business hotel restaurant. Nothing special but the avocado prawn salad was awesome.
- Best Restaurant in the AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2014If you're planning a visit to the North Sunnyvale (N. Mathilda & Hwy 237) area (most likely for business reasons), and you are looking for a fantastic restaurant to meet with colleagues or clients, look no further than Faz at the Sunnyvale Sheraton Hotel. And, I meant that quite literally as their isn't another restaurant of this caliber for miles in any direction! As such, Faz Sunnyvale enjoys a very steady flow of business. So, reservations are strongly recommended for weekday dining. The food is fantastic (particularly, the kebab dishes). The service is fantastic. And, I have yet to have a bad experience. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentGordoonDined on 1/14/2014Dinner meeting for team building. Noisy in bar but quieter in the back when we were seated. Food decent but not exceptional. All in all, met expectations.Special Features:
- Not Bad, Not GreatCaitlinDined on 12/28/2013We recently dined at Faz looking for a really great restaurant close to our hotel for a Saturday date night. The best thing we ate was the flatbread and dip we received when we sat down (which was really great & set our expectations). We had the "sashimi" sampler - but it wasn't raw fish at all. It came with smoked salmon, seared tuna, and shrimp. I expected at least the salmon to be raw. Our entrees were okay, but a little bland. No real mediterranean flare. Service was fine, but it was incredibly slow so it's hard to tell. There was a wedding going on in the ballroom, and only one other couple in the entire restaurant at 7:00pm on a Saturday night. All in all it was okay, but I'd expect more from an $80 dinner at a well-rated restaurant.
- Hotel Restaurantcpe123VIPDined on 12/27/2013If OT diners rate this a 4+ star experience - I have to reconsider the input diners have to give. Faz Sunnyvale was an average 'hotel type' restaurant on a good day. Across the board - it was not a bad night - just the standard I guess. I do not see this becoming a destination spot - ok if you are on business for a quick lunch upon further review. Once again - perhaps my expectations were off based upon the nice ratings - but this is a CA Pizza Kitchen with soggy pizza & an attitude like they know what they are doing -- for a nice dinner.....ouch.
- Great Med. food in Silicon ValleybigwindsDined on 12/20/2013Faz is a throwback from when restaurants had great food and great service. The professional staff is a breath of fresh air in Silicon Valley when many restaurants try so hard on food and forget the service element. Great Mediterranean food in the Sheraton Hotel off of 237, Mathilda Avenue, and 101.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and food, but....JolivayDined on 12/17/2013I really like this place, but the seating is pretty uncomfortable. Small tables, crammed into the place make me feel like I'm at the kid's table for Thanksgiving. I enjoy the service there, but the crammed tables will keep me away!Special Features:
- Great place to take a groupSoniac64Dined on 12/16/2013Greg is the best waiter you will ever have. He remembers our names and our drinks and we are only as Faz once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cliff recommends FazOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Have dined countless times at Faz, Sunnyvale for both business and personal meals, client-entertainment and have never been sisappointed in food, service or ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for doing businessJulieWDined on 12/12/2013The food is always delicious, the service is five star every time, and the ambeince is perfect, for business or leisure. It's one of my top three restaurants in Silicon Valley.Special Features:
- Not up to parbk12Dined on 12/9/2013I've been to Faz many times and hav enjoyed myself. On this occasion it was lackluster at best. The salad was overdressed, the kabobs ere dry and underseasoned. I'll be back, but I hope they pick it up.Special Features:
- Background music loud and not goodCallee514Dined on 12/6/2013The guy playing piano was not very good and the music was too loud. It was very hard to talk to my friends. I picked this place because in the past it was a good quiet place to have business meetings, but in the evenings I guess they have piano music. It was too loud.
- Perfect SettingDBD36Dined on 12/5/2013Great central location for meeting up with friends. Relatively quiet to hear conversations. Food and service was exceptional. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAZ SunnyvaletshayneDined on 11/22/2013A review should take you through arrival at the restaurant and then final departure after paying th tab. Faz was good overall. If you want to have business meeting and not go to a fast food type restaurant, then Faz doesnt dissapoint. Ambience is good, location is interesting, staff are friendly and courteous. Food is not exactly fine dining but good for business lunch or dinner which is outside the normal fair on El Camino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LOVELY EVENINGADELIGHT1Dined on 11/21/2013THE RESTAURANT IS A DELIGHT. A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO FIND AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF TRAFFIC. THE OMBIENCE IS DEVINE, SERVICE SUPURB. WE FOUND MY CHICKEN KABOB TO BE DRY AND THE BREAD WAS NOT WARM. HOWEVER, OUR SERVER AND THE NIGHT MANAGER WERE WONDERFUL AND SO ATTENTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surroundings, lack luster foodJCDineDined on 11/13/2013I selected FAZ based on reviews and because it was convenient to the client my team were working at that day. We sat inside but admired the outside dining scene - firepits and creative lighting. I am a vegetarian and there are not many selections. The Greek salad was pretty dull, nothing outstanding there. I had the Mediterranean Platter for my entree. It was ok but everything was icy cold like it had been sitting in a fridge for hours. The taste was muted and not that fresh. The bread also did not taste very fresh. The chocolate pecan tart was the best part of the meal. Our server was outstanding - very attentive and helpful. This is a good environment for a business lunch but I will not return for dinner.Special Features:
- Great spot for a business meetingBHubbsDined on 10/30/2013Outdoor " back patio". Very nice! Inside moderately quiet Food was good. Bartender was funSpecial Features:
- Happy to be back5918yDined on 10/30/2013It has been a long time since I dined at Fax in Sunnyvale. I was happy to be back and look forward to many more delicious meals in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kabobsRoseDined on 10/29/2013We had prompt attentive service both at the bar and the table. The kabobs were great. it was busy with large groups but still very enjoyable. In a great central location for east bay and peninsula gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great servicecelestetDined on 10/24/2013Hello, I tried another different dish and it was wonderful. Faz has not disappointed yet. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Went there for lunch withAribVIPDined on 10/22/2013Went there for lunch with a colleague. Had reservations, so we were seated promptly; service was good; we both ordered the Chicken rolled Kebab; food was good not great. The place is very busy and you need reservations. Have gone there a few times and tried different options; Overall it's a good place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- ZZZZZZZZssssSmitaDined on 10/19/2013Food was ok...if you like left over Persian hummus, babaganoush and unseasoned kabobs. When I complained abt my kabobs not having any flavor...I was told that that is how they are made. I'm from the middle east and know better so was not only disappointed by the food but the sorry excuse I was offered.Special Features:
- Good Business Lunch SpotBusinessLunchVIPDined on 10/17/2013Nice salads. The place was crowded so business must be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Delicousfoodie2heartDined on 10/15/2013Greeted by a nice hostess were sat right away. We sat outside in the patio, it was a bright and sunny afternoon perfect for the lemonade we ordered. Menu was full of choices but we had to order the sampler appetizer platter and Prawn & avocado grilled salad (YUM!), and the chicken & beef roll luncheon saffron rice. The staff was helpful they spilt our main meal for us as. Wish it was not a working lunch then I would have ordered wine. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- It's OK - not badHappyTummyVIPDined on 9/27/2013It's good if you're stuck in that part of town and want something different than the usual hotel food (steaks, American, Mexican, expensive salads). Their menu is mainly Persian sprinkled with Italian items. Our lamb/beef kebab combo and pomegranate chicken were very tasty but a bit on the dry side. We didn't have room for dessert, but the next table ordered tiramisu and said the center of it was still frozen! Frozen tiramisu?! That's so wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.