1112 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.traceseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062646060x
- Hours of Operation:
TRACE serves breakfast Monday through Friday from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m.; Lunch Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; dinner Monday through Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m. (10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday);Brunch Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m to 2 p.m; Sushi bar hours are Monday through Saturday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; The Bar is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m., with Happy Hours from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Late Night Happy Hour is 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. daily; SIP, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and SIN, Friday and Saturday from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Ariel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering facilities are located on the second and third floor of W Seattle. Please contact Tiffany Pesce at (206) 264-6105 for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Trace restaurant has one private dining area that seats up to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Bailes 2062646109x
- Entertainment: Expect the right cocktails, people & music in Trace Bar during SIP (Social Interactive Playtime) every Wednesday and Thursday nights from 8 pm - 10pm, and SIN (Social Interactive Nighttime) every Friday and Saturday nights from 9:30pm-1:30am. Groove to guest DJs, sip on one of our luscious signature drinks and nosh on a few bar munchies.
- Special Events: NEW Happy hour! M-Sat 4PM-7PM & 10PM-12AM / Sundays 4PM-12AM. $4 cocktails, $5 margaritas & draft beers, $6 wine, and $7 martinis. Also features food & sushi specials.
A word from Trace
TRACE restaurant and bar, lead by Chef de Cuisine, Steven Ariel, is a must-try for foodies, where a “localist” focus means a menu filled with contemporary, inventive dishes using regional specialties, including farm fresh produce, sustainably caught seafood and a curated sake menu at our sleek sushi bar. TRACE offers dynamic hand-crafted cocktails and liquor from regional distilleries, a wine list featuring notable Washington State wineries in addition to choice domestic and international selections from California, Oregon, France and Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trace reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The atmosphere is very "businessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2008The atmosphere is very "business like"...not much charm or coziness. This wouldn't have been so evident had there been any other guests in the restaurant besides us.
- One of the most consistenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/25/2008One of the most consistenly good places I frequent. Reccommend the duck confit salad with French lentils. Attentive & speedy lunch service.Special Features:
- My friends and I decided toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2008My friends and I decided to participate in the Dine in Seattle 93 for $30.00) promotion that is occuring this month and opted to go to Earth and Ocean for dinner. After arriving about 15 minutes late - but still having a table waiting (which was a great bonus)we were given our menus and our drink options. My friends and i ordered our food - for me I had the Squash Soup, Grilled Pork w/apple rosotto and the Chai Panna Cotta - and drinks. The food was delciious however, small portioned (you never got the feeling that you were full). The only negative that was found was the fact that the service was rather poor. We often had to wait exceptionally long times between courses even though the restaurant was far from busy when we arrived.Special Features:
- Very impressive wine menuOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/14/2008Very impressive wine menu with food fit for a foodie! We noshed on mussels and truffle fries and a salad - all superb!Special Features:
- The food was uninspired, bland,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2008The food was uninspired, bland, and under-seasoned. Service was slow; we waited over 45 minutes for our entrees. The best part of the meal was Management acknowledging that service was poor and deducting 20% of our bill. We would not eat there again.
- The food was outstanding,r123VIPDined on 11/10/2008The food was outstanding, as was the service. The decor is becoming somewhat dated, the crowds are at the bar and E&O is rapidly on its way to becoming just another high-priced hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Great cuisine, loved the 3-courseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2008Great cuisine, loved the 3-course dinner special. Perfect for girls night out.Special Features:
- We ate here pre-theater, soDamayVIPDined on 11/1/2008We ate here pre-theater, so it was an early quiet dinner. the bar was quite busy, though. E&O was participating in a 30$ for 3 courses and a glass of wine promo which my husband had and it was not only a very good bargain, but quite tasty. My food was very good, but at $26, overpriced for 6 beef short rib ravioli. The server was a young lady who was very pleasant, but needed to be schooled at little more on the wine list.Special Features:
- We had the "Rush hour lunch",OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/16/2008We had the "Rush hour lunch", but the kitchen wasn't in a rush. The food was good, but it took way too much time than I have for a weekday lunch. Service was not as good as it usually is.
- My favorite Seattle restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2008My favorite Seattle restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- If you are looking for a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2008If you are looking for a great combination of romantic ambiance, savory dining and a respectable list of house specialty cocktails, then Earth and Ocean is an excellent choice. The staff is very friendly and informative, and return to your table just enough times to make sure everything is well without giving you the feeling they are crashing your dinner.Special Features:
- I was surprised there wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2008I was surprised there were so few people there at lunch. The food was great. Service was great. Choices on the menu were plentiful. There were four of us and we all raved about the food.Special Features:
- This restaurant is not getttingPHC1VIPDined on 9/16/2008This restaurant is not gettting the kudos it propbably deserves! Located inside the W Hotel you'll almost miss the entrance sign and proceed into the lobby bar! Although it is a "hotel restaurant" per se, it is a fine dining, fresh ingredient, gourmet find. From the amazing risotto, to the delicious seared ahi...this HOTEL restaurant is worth a visit.Special Features:
- 3-for-30 is a great deal atOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/20083-for-30 is a great deal at this location but the food can be better.
- I was very disappointed withFoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2008I was very disappointed with this restaurant - our service was poor at best - the latte had burned milk - we had to ask for things multiple times - I would not recommend this restaurant -
- Food was very average-HadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2008Food was very average-Had the three course dinner with wine for$30. Crab Risotto was very bland-all of us reached for the salt shaker immediately. Service was good except we were given 2 different menus for our party of 4 - and unable to order 2 entrees as they were from the old menu. Beef brisket was flavorful but very fatty-our daughter's portion was about half fat. The goat cheese panna cotta missed the mark as well-none of us finished our portion as it was bland and disappointing. Our other diner had the ravioli and it was sub par as well-bland again. Nothing we'd return for again-not nearly as good as a previous visit a few years ago. Have the chef do a bit more tasting before he sends it out!
- My expectations for goingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008My expectations for going here were high for we were staying at a nice hotel, a suite at the W. I was dissapointed tho with the lack of friendlyness and service of the staff at the restaurant. I felt that if i was there spending my money and there to party etc it should be appreciated. More space in the bar would help. We would have stayed to have a drink after dinner but akward setting and hard to get a spot for there is not much room. Very sexy bar room tho. The dining area needs help tho. Food was good. Service and ambiance was really bad.Special Features:
- The sommelier was absolutelymomof2greatcatsVIPDined on 7/12/2008The sommelier was absolutely fantastic and our server was very attentive. The food was excellent (except for the mussels which were very fishy). Tasting menu was a treat.Special Features:
- I always love their selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2008I always love their selection of organic, fresh and unique menu items. The service also seems top notch!Special Features:
- Eggs benedict and potatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2008Eggs benedict and potatoes were delicious but plate lacked another offset like fruit, etc, a spare serving. I particularly liked the grilled bread as opposed to an english muffin and the ham tasted so good. I'll go again.Special Features:
- There are few better restaurantsterrywattoVIPDined on 6/20/2008There are few better restaurants in Seattle if you are searching for organic or "slow food dmovement" dining. The food is organic, local, very fresh and very well presented. Staff are attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- We had a very poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2008We had a very poor experience at the restaurant.I won’t even exaggerate if I say that it was ruined(even though the food was delicious). We got seated right away, - the restaurant was about 20% full on Sunday morning. But after that our experience when downhill. Nobody came over to take our drink orders, to even offer some water – for 20 minutes. Finally the waitress came over and asked us the usual “What would you like to drink”. While we were waiting, it looked like we were not the only people “forgotten”. A group of people sitting at the table next to ours was complaining to the manager about the same issue. But nobody came over to refill our drinks during the meal, and we had to wait for another 20 min to get the check etc.
- My husband ordered a lot betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2008My husband ordered a lot better than I did. His asparagus salad and scallop entree were delicious. I had the watercress potage soup which was very watery, without much flavor. The lamb shank entree was decent, but the meat was not fork-tender which I expect from a braised meat entree, and the flavor was okay but not great. My husband's food was good, mine was just okay. Service was great.+Special Features:
- was very quiet late on a FridayCrocodilianDined on 5/30/2008was very quiet late on a Friday night, so I can't say how characteristic our experience was. The ambiance is very generic "W" hotel, but the food is a cut above that. Cured meats were particularly notable, but it was all very good.Special Features:
- We were underwhelmed by EarthTomPDined on 5/23/2008We were underwhelmed by Earth & Ocean. The food was just okay, not wonderful. Our server was clumsy, constantly bumping the backs of tables or even members of our party. Was he on something? we wondered. If not for the desserts--which were spectacular--it would have been a real disaster.
- I had been to Earth and OceanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2008I had been to Earth and Ocean for lunch a few times and greatly enjoyed the experience. I took this opportunity to take the president of our company as well as one of the EVP's from Italy for dinner. I have to say that for the price we paid, dinner was just so, so - very bland - nothing spectacular. All 4 of us left unimpressed. I will not recommend Earth and Ocean going forward and will likely not visit again.
- Unfortunately one of my co-dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2008Unfortunately one of my co-diners was very unhappy...her hamburger did not come out the way she ordered it. Then she sent it back and it came back to the table still too rare to eat. She took it in a "to go" box and told me later she just threw it out. That's a shame...and a waste of good food.Special Features:
- While our waiter was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2008While our waiter was friendly, we did not have good service. After asking for sugar for my coffee, twice I finally grabbed some from another table. My Mom's poached eggs were "chalky" and the bacon was far too salty. She hardly ate any of her meal. A man in a suit (not our waiter) asked if she was finished and took her plate away, not even noticing that the only thing that had been eaten was the fruit. At no time were we asked how everything was. When I did complain about the meal, our waiter paused for a bit and then apologized and walked away. We were also staying at the W Hotel. Generally speaking, most of the restaurants in the W Hotels are quite good. This dining experience was very disappointing.
- The John Dorry in a clam brothOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008The John Dorry in a clam broth was excellent, bursting with flavers. But most impressive were the desserts, especially the poached meringue with cinnamon cream and tropical fruit compote. My wife and I were so impressed we want to figure out how we can make this at home for friends.Special Features:
- i know this was once the newtwaitDined on 4/11/2008i know this was once the new and cool place to go, but i felt like i was in a nice hotel coffee shop with high prices. The service was friendly overly casual, our server seemed stunned when I mentioned I might like a cocktail before dinner. The room was empty at 730 on a Friday, and felt like there was something wrong. I had a better dinner at Sazerac the night before, and the hotel recommended this as a great alternative, more likely a great contrast. Only if you really need to be there would I bother.Special Features:
- The ambience, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The ambience, service and food were intertwined to make a very memorable experience. i would certainly recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Server should have been moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008Server should have been more knowledgable and professional. He was friendly, but pretty casual.
- We ordered the prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2008We ordered the prix fixe menu and found the food unimpressive - clearly not the best offerings on the menu. Also, I miss the french bread. We felt we did not receive as attentive of service as other tables that did not order the prix fixe menu. Another table received a compliementary appetizer due to their apparently long wait while we had to wait a long time for our meals and the check and received no such gesture. Our bill was also calculated wrong and we had to request that it be revised, and at the end of the meal our waitperson completely disappeared. I run a recruiting program for lawyers and regularly schedule lunches for attorneys around town. Due to this experience I won't be adding Earth and Ocean to my list of restaurants.
- I thoroughly enjoyed EarthOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008I thoroughly enjoyed Earth and Ocean. We participated in Dine Around Seattle for our first time experiencing the restaurant. The three of us got three different dishes for each course. The appetizers were good, but the entres were definitely the best course. The desserts were only mediocre, but the atmosphere and good service made the experience as a whole very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Was not all that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2006Was not all that impressed with the food. Unfortunate.