1201 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellamontevb.com/
- Phone: 7574256290
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For over 25 years, Bella Monte has been providing the best in custom catering, from the most simple of parties to the most elaborate of affairs. If you're a discriminating customer, you'll appreciate the Bell Monte difference. Quality, detail, service, confidence, unwavering consistency and flair for for producing an event that is uniquely "your own" are qualities that have put Bella Monte in a class by itself. From decor consultation to menu structuring to wine service, Bella Monte makes the occasion unforgettable.
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Monte, while not having a private room, does offer secluded areas for your private party needs. We customize the menu for each client to ensure your event is a special one. Bella Monte can accommodate parties up to 100 people. From rehearsal dinners to office parties, we will work with you to create the perfect atmosphere for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Tuite 7574256290
- Entertainment: For the past 6 years, Bella Monte has been home to one of the finest Cabaret artists in the country. Charlie Wiseman has played in over 200 venues throughout the U.S. and U.K. From behind his 9-foot concert grand, Charlie gives you an evening filled with a captivating variety of theater, music and comedy. It doesn't get any better than this! "The best all-around entertainer in Hampton Roads!" - Eric Stevens, Splash Magazine "Keep playing and you can make a living!" -Duke Ellington
A word from Bella Monte
Bella Monte is possibly one of the most unique dining and shopping experiences in Virginia Beach. With over 7000 square feet of space, we feature an exceptional restaurant offering always fresh and flavorful dishes of Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. With fine wines, world class entertainment and friendly staff, Bella Monte is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Bella Monte also has a gourmet marketplace, deli and wine shop filled with the finest foods and gifts in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Monte reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The shrimp scampi on the WednesdayTerryDined on 7/3/2013The shrimp scampi on the Wednesday night menu is really good. Service as usual was excellent. We love Bella Monte!!Special Features:
- Good times and good foodHughDined on 6/28/2013A great meal served by a very attendant wait staff. Never felt rushed and had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A very nice surprise!DancerZDined on 6/27/2013Our family of four were vacationing in Virginia Beach and stumbled across this restaurant while looking for Italian. We found all of our dishes to be very well done and very flavorful. The roasted garlic appetizer was creative and a delicious start to our meal. The restaurant had a rustic European decor with live Piano music on the night we visited. It also has a nice connected Italian market and deli. We would definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant has differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2013The restaurant has different food choices such as Quail and Skate (similar to a stingray). Nice atmosphere. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicekelvin1997Dined on 6/14/2013The food was OK, but the service was slow. It took 20 minutes to place our order and almost an hour to get served. No excuse.
- Enjoyable and tasty!LiznVBDined on 6/1/2013We met another couple for dinner. Felt bad for the table next to ours as it was almost on top of ours. Felt like they had to hear all of our conversations. Food was good and our waitress was very nice. The hostess is very grouchy and needs to smile more. She gives the place a negative vibe when it's actually quite nice and a good restaurant. We have been several times now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ShopCheleDined on 6/1/2013The service was awesome! The food was okay. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was nice.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013Did they change the chefs? Prior visits were far better. The crowd noise level got to the point that it was difficult to converse.
- Our favorite restaurant atTerryDined on 5/29/2013Our favorite restaurant at the Beach. Food is always great and the service is always superior. Bella Monte is always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- So noisy we elected to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013So noisy we elected to eat outside even though it was chilly.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013Food taste was very good. I would deffinatly revisit and reccomend. A couple items to improve on though. 1. Dont wait until dinner is served to bring bread to the table. I was the only one in our party to order an appetizer. It was a little awkward eating in front of others when they had nothing to nibble on. I asked the waiter if he could bring some bread and was told it would be served witht the meals. 2. I appreciate the waiter telling us what he highly reccomends, however he was a little pushy, kind of to the point of implying we had to order what he reccomended and would be disappointed if we didnt.Special Features:
- Check out the 7 for 11KenSDined on 5/23/2013For dinner specials, they offer seven choices, each for $11. Although smaller portions, they are certainly more than adequate for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere was good,familyof6Dined on 5/4/2013Food and atmosphere was good, service was very poor we had a untrained waiter. The manager on duty addressed the situation correctly. We will give them another try.
- It was the first time we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2013It was the first time we went and it was fantastic! Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was good.Special Features:
- Very tasty food and excellentDonDonDined on 4/19/2013Very tasty food and excellent service. The noise level increased a little too much once the piano bar began playing, making conversation more difficult.Special Features:
- We visited the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We visited the restaurant on a recommendation. Wonderful food, great service and quite a neighborhood find for us. We have recommended several times and will be back.Special Features:
- We went with another coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013We went with another couple and had a great time listening to your piano player, Charlie Wiseman and enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant. Barbie, our waitress, was very pleasant and helpful in helping us decide what to get for dinner. Barbie and the quality of food and service made it a place we will definitely return to; hopefully as much as possible and with more of our friends.Special Features:
- Highly Reccommend!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I took my boyfriend here over the weekend for a date night. He's Italian and is VERY picky and weird about going to italian places since his Grandma cooks authentic Italian food... and nothing seems to live up to it. BUT, we were both very impressed with the menu & the food we ordered. It was all cooked perfectly and tasted delicious! For appetizers we got Calamari and Garlic cloves, goat cheese and pita bread. All delicious. For the entre, my boyfriend got spaghetti with meatballs (so original) and I got the scallops with sweet potato puree (this was the only thing I wasn't impressed with), and sauteed apples and strawberries. All delicious. For dessert, we ordered a cannoli and gelato. Great experience and we will return!Special Features:
- First time there, enjoyedSLI6Dined on 3/23/2013First time there, enjoyed the meal and will returnSpecial Features:
- Great place to celebrate anniversarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We selected Bella Monte to celebrate our 24th anniversary and drove from Hampton to Virginia Beach, with much anticipation. We were not disappointed in any way! This was an excellent place to dine!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Unique withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Excellent food. Unique with deli and retail store blended in with restaurant. Very diverse menu.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant--a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Excellent restaurant--a little out of the way if you don't live in the neighborhood, but a great find! The restaurant has a deli attached with great wines and a fantastic meat/cheese selection. If you buy a bottle of wine there, you can have it with your meal for only a 5.00 corking fee. Two thumbs up.Special Features:
- Off the Beaten Path SuccessLisaSilvDined on 3/16/2013The food was delicious. They made sure to cater to our various needs -- one vegan, one no-cheese and low acid -- and were really helpful in creating dishes for us that worked with our restrictions. The service was a little slow at first but we arrived early so we were ok waiting. The ambiance is really great. We loved the little shop attached to the restaurant and we even got our desserts from the chocolate bar there after our meal. It's a little off the beaten path of Virginia Beach, but I think this is what makes it good. It's definitely not touristy but is within about two miles of the beach, so overall really convenient. Pricing was very reasonable for a good meal.Special Features:
- This neighborhood gem is locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013This neighborhood gem is located in a small shopping center on Laskin Rd, much of which is under construction. Enter one door to the restaurant, and another door into the wine shop and deli/gift shop. Our waitress recommended a wonderful red house wine, and we could take the remainder home with us. We split a salad course, which was fresh and perfectly seasoned, and one of us had shrimp and grits and the other, penne pasta with rosy tomato vodka sauce. Didn't have room for dessert! Good food, lovely ambiance, and attentive service.Special Features:
- excellent food, attentative,StaschVIPDined on 2/23/2013excellent food, attentative, but not rushed, service.Special Features:
- I had read many good thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013I had read many good things on various reviews, so maybe we went on an off night. We were seated right away, however, our server was taking care of a large party said she would be right over but didn't return for almost ten minutes. When she did we ordered our drinks. After about another 5-10 minutes she returned to say they were out of the ingredients for the martini that I ordered (it was advertised on the table). We ordered our meals, I had asked for my salad without onion but it came with minced red onion all through it. Remainder of meal was mediocre at best. Piano was WAY to loud.Special Features:
- Had a nice time there forLuvdining83Dined on 2/15/2013Had a nice time there for Valentines dinner and I would return one day.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and very fast service and they have live music being plate on the pianoSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food here! You haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Fantastic food here! You have to try the duck ravioli! A little pricey for everyday dining, but just right for a weekend, special occasion or night out away from the kids. Service was exceptional, especially considering it was v-day. Server was polite, energetic and very helpful in making recommendations. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed ourselves very much inspite of the fact one of our guest which attended with us slipped on the floor,she was wearing heels and the stone floor was slippery. Her knee was injured and turned black and blue immediately. But I need to say that the attention she recieved after toward the care of her leg was exceptional. They could not have been more caring and I was very moved by that. So to me they are the spot to go for romance and the personal touch that one would want to recieve on a romantic night out.Special Features:
- What A Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent, romantic atmosphere. Great food and solid service.Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013It's difficult to rate a restaurant on valentines day. Running out of something we all had our minds set on was almost expected. We have always loved this place and have been back for an incredible lunch since. A week prior to our reservation I specifically asked if the regular menu was available. The lady who took the call said yes. No regular menu was available on valentines day. None of us are big fans of the small menu selection. Had we known about the small menu, we probably would have gone somewhere else. All five of us are foodies and had looked at the regular menu online to pick what we wanted. None of that was available except for one item that they ran out of. Too in love with the atmosphere and piano man not to come back.Special Features:
- We booked for Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We booked for Valentines Day and it was our first time there. I was called by a manager who asked for a credit card to hold the table and told me I was subject to a 50 dollar charge if we didn't show up. I do understand that they need to run a business but this was very off-putting, and I must say it colored my whole experience. We arrived early to avoid a charge. Our table was in a back corner of the room behind a screen closest to the kitchen so I can't really comment on the atmosphere or ambiance. They did have a piano player. Food was good and so was our service, but I doubt I'd go back
- A hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Bella Monte is a hidden treasure. The wait staff have always been extremely helpful to us. They truly know their menu and provided great recommendations for wine pairings when we asked for them. The appetizers are unique and delicious. Entrees are always fresh and the menu changes frequently so we never get bored. The atmosphere is conducive to a quiet evening out with the addition of an extremely talented entertainer on the unforgettable bar-size grand piano. You will not regret your time at Bella Monte. It is always money well-spent. They do not disappoint!Special Features:
- Fantastic evening. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Fantastic evening. Great atmoshere and service. Love the ability to select wine from the store for a reasonable corkage fee.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We had an early dinner, on Valentine's Day, in order to catch a show elsewhere, so we missed the piano player. We had a table at the window, near the entrance but, we were never disturbed by the arrival or departure of other patrons. Our waitress was friendly, knowledgable and professional. We shared an appetizer of pan seared scallops which were cooked to perfection, flavorful, free of sand and just delicious. My wife had a beef tenderloin Ragu with smoked tomatoes and gnocchi all lightly covered in a most delicious sauce / gravy. I sampled just a bit of her meal and was quite impressed. My meal was a favorite of mine, Veal Saltimbocca served with mashed potatoes and fresh, grilled asparagus. The veal was tender!Special Features:
- Good food, friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2013Good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices and often a piano player/singer - this is a fun place to dine!Special Features:
- have always enjoyed this place,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013have always enjoyed this place, however we ordered the daily fish special which was rockfish...kitchen ran out and switched to monk fish. bad selection...didn't like it service great.Special Features:
- Bella Monte is a gem -- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Bella Monte is a gem -- great menu, wondefully presented dishes, friendly & accommodating staff. Charlie at the piano will put anyone in a great mood. Bella Monte never disappoints. Don't miss shopping in their gourmet market/gift shop.Special Features:
- Nice and somewhat unique lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Nice and somewhat unique looking restaurant but we went on New Year's Eve and the service was rather slow. Plus my wife wasn't happy that they didn't have the full menu that night. She wasn't able to order what she wanted.Special Features: