Spin a Yarn
45915 Warm Springs Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Spin a Yarn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sakisspinayarn.com/
- Phone: 5106569141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sundays are reserved for private parties.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Small or large, Spin a Yarn can host an event worthy of the occasion. Our private dining room has a capacity of 20 and the banquet room has a capacity of up to 160. It includes a private bar, dance floor, sound system, and 120 inch projection HDTV
- Private Party Contact: Saki Kavouniaris 5106569141
A word from Spin a Yarn
Spin a Yarn specializes in Greek, Italian, and continental cuisine. We strive to bring you the best possible food and service. We are committed to quality, value, and your complete satisfaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spin a Yarn reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Anniversary PickCdinerDined on 10/19/2013I am a returning customer. Disappointed, quality went down. Prime Rib dry, flavorless and light warm. My wife Cioppino with no trace of crab leg.
- Great prime ribwarmspringslocalVIPDined on 10/18/2013This is the place to go for Prime Rib in Fremont. Thick juicy hand cut at the table. Dinner includes soup or salad, side vegetable and potato - baked, mashed - your choice. You have a choice between the quiet front rooms or sitting in the bar area which is quite lively.Special Features:
- Friendly staffalamedanDined on 10/12/2013Waitress was efficient. Kinda dry in personalitiy.Special Features:
- ONE IN A MILLIONNewarkredDined on 10/6/2013We celebrated two birthdays last Sunday night at our favorite restaurant in Fremont,Calif. Our waiter Rico was one of a kind. He was very knowledgable of the entire menu & helped us with the wine list too. The food was amazing as usual. If you want to find a place for a romantic meal, special party or just a night out this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality disappointingTMNooneDined on 10/4/2013We went back to Spin A Yarn again hoping that the poor quality of the steaks we had last time we ate there was just an aberration. However, we were very disappointed in the quality of the prime rib. This will be the last time we go there for any beef dish. The chicken special that I had was very good.
- DelicChopsticksDined on 9/26/2013Everything was good. Good food, good service, the waiter was attentive . I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tri City GemHungrymanDined on 9/22/2013I have to say that I was motivated to come to this place due to Chef Ramsey's show. I was very interested in how the restaurant would be in person. It did not disappoint! The food and service was excellent. The greeter was superb!!! I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get my prime rib cut table side, but that was a very minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was fantastic!!!GreggDined on 9/20/2013The staff was fantastic!!! We really enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there. The food & service made it very special!!Special Features:
- Elegant Dining in FremontGlobalJGDined on 9/20/2013I think the improvements made over the last coupe years are now getting ingrained into the culture of Spin-a-Yarn. The food is still decor and food still make for a pleasantly elegant evening in Fremont. I did find the meat could have been better prepared to match the intended cook-level (i.e. medium, medium rare, etc.) It was still all very tasty and the staff was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, classy steak lunchwawejDined on 9/10/2013Reserved a table for six, for late lunch following a field trip for our team. All had steak from the dinner menu. Very friendly, helpful service. Steaks were delicious, prepared to each one's preferences. The mashed potatoes and vegetables were also excellent. Enjoyed calamari and prawns for appetizers while waiting for our meals. Salads were fresh, tasty and the dressings provided were excellent as well. Highly recommended for a special event lunch!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2013My cousins and cousin-in-laws took me out for my birthday dinner. I ordered pork chops with apples. Since this restaurant was featured in Kitchen Nightmares before I was amazed how certain restaurants that were featured in that show or Restaurant Impossible how they couldn't cook a simple thing like pork chops. Did Spin-a-Yarn succeed in cooking the pork chops? Yes. The pork chops were moist and tender. The apples added a sweet savory touch to the dish. There you have it - how comfort food like pork chops should be cooked. One last touch was that my cousins notified the server it was my birthday and I got a cheesecake on the house for dessert. This was a nice touch to my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for fourJerdejDined on 9/1/2013We had company from out of the area and thought we would try Spin a Yarn, reservations using open table was great and our table was ready when we arrived (didn't get requested booth).We started by ordering wine, they didn't have our first two selections! We ended settling for the house wine, waiter didn't smile once. We looked forward to the prime rib cart, they don't have it anymore! One of our prime rib dinners was ok and the other was not, not worth $30! The scallop potatoes were a block of potatoes with hard cheese on top! Poor quality food for high prices... I won't be back
- DancingKathekersDined on 8/30/2013Dancing was advertised. Music was great! There were 3 large couches in the middle of the dance floor. I asked about it, and was told they were to moved any minute. We waited 30 minutes then left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2013My Wife and I dined there on 8/25/13. We heard of the restaurant through Kitchen Nightmares which I am a huge fan of the show. The Spin-a-Yarn staff really turned things around and all their food is made fresh to order. The staff are very polite And cordial and it was a pleasure to be served by them. My Wife had the seafood liguine and I had the Halibut. Both were phenomenal dishes which were preceded by the most delicious seafood chowder, the best we both ever had. I had the Chocolate Mousse and it was so good that it had me traveling to my most desired places in the world and I felt like I was actually there. It was THAT good! Get to this restaurant for one of the dining experiences of a lifetime. I WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time diningfoodworthyDined on 8/20/2013This was my first time dining at Spin a Yarn. I looked on line at there menu and was very excited about trying their food. This is a steakhouse with a very limited menu for steaks. The food was OK nothing to get about. The staff were very friendly and kept our drinks refilled. We had gift certificates, and will go back to use them up but would not recommend to friends as a great place to eatSpecial Features:
- Great steak houseRaymondDined on 8/9/2013We ordered rye eye steak and new york steak and both are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eclectic clientele510nativeDined on 8/2/2013Food was good. Service was good. Bar was filled with truckers/locals. Interesting experience. Would go again...not for a romantic dinner though.Special Features:
- Food and service very goodplaygoerDined on 8/2/20138 of us had dinner there and really enjoyed it. All the meals were good and service was fine.Special Features:
- First and lastIlovegoodfoodDined on 7/19/2013The mashed potato that came with the filet mignon is made from powder, like what you get at fast food restaurant. The prime rib is also a letdown. This is our first and last visit.
- DisappontedTRMSDined on 7/13/2013We came here because we heard it was a good steak house.We went there for my husbands birthday dinner.We were greeted by a waiter that seemed irritated from the start. When the food arrived it was unimpressive.We ordered the calamari as an appetizer.It was extremely bland.The sauces were pretty good & added some flavor.The side salad was extremely unimpressive.I ordered the house dressing with the crumbled blue cheese.Have had better bag salads at the grocery store. For an entrée I ordered a ciopinno.All of the seafood was dry & the sauce/soup was bland.I gave my husband a taste & he agreed.His steak was pretty good but that was the best of the evening I was very disappointed that we had chosen to spend a special occasion here.
- Excellent Service2happyDined on 7/11/2013My family came to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday. The food was very good but the service stood out the most. My waiter was very friendly, energetic, and very thoughtful. He was the one that made my experience so wonderful. I truly believe that when it comes to customer service, every should learn from him. He is the best that I ever had. I usually do not bother writing reviews but I was so pleased with the service that I had to let everyone know. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- A trip back in timesuenglishVIPDined on 7/9/2013This is like going back to the 50s. Food is plentiful and ok, but nothing you couldn't get at home. The fried foods were over done and soggy inside. The house salad had shells from whatever nut was included on the salad. The steaks looked great, but I did not try them. The woman seating us had so much perfume, her scent remained to color the food's taste. All in all I think I'll skip it next time I am in Fremont.
- I came here with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013I came here with a group of eight and they took a little longer to get the tables ready for us but it was fine because there were couches (right next to the bar) to sit on while we waited. When we were seated, the waiter was social and humorous. I ordered a rib eye steak and my girlfriend ordered the prime rib. The prime rib was definitely better. Soup or salad? I did not really find their house salad special and I was not a fan of the cheese added to it. The soup was seafood chowder and it was really good though. The beef entrees come with mashed potatoes and vegetables. If you ask, you can change the mashed potatoes to a baked potato. This place was great and I would love to go back for other occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good resturantchrischan01Dined on 6/28/2013Nice place with good food speed of serving is fast and people there are nice pretty good experience good food there highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksMaddyDined on 6/21/2013We had various steaks, everyone agreed they were excellent and flavorful. Salads were fresh and entrees had good portions, I was happy with my filet, as it was an unexpected hefty portion. The corn side was crisp, perfect for summer. The menu itself is weird - listing prices for sides yet not stating that some are included in the entree price (as they should, given the price range). Mine had food remants on it. Our waiter spoke rotely - exhibiting zero personality, in contrast to the upbeat man who took my reservation. However, he turned around later when I said it was my son's 18th birthday - he was more engaged then, like it kind of broke the ice. At the end, he brought dessert with Happy Birthday written around the plate, a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteless food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013wouldnt recommend or come back to this restuarant.the food we ordered was tasteless.prime rib,seafood linguine and mac and cheese.the mexican short kinda heavy set waiter was very rude.he needs to be oriented customer service and how to handle glasswares.dont sit at the garden part of the restaurant they give you the crappiest service.
- foodluv2dineDined on 6/16/2013it was perfect fabolous and wonderful perfect 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than I remember....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013My wife who loves the cooking shows caught the episode where Gordon Ramsey came in to help revamp the restaurant. Since that episode she has wanted to try it. I returned from an international business trip and wanted a date night with my wife and she chose to go try Spin a Yarn. Interior nice, accommodated casual to fine dinning ambience. Food was outstanding...she had the mushroom pasta and I had prime rib, both were outstanding and service good. After dinner we went to the bar area to have an after dinner drink and enjoyed the one man band that was playing we will be back...and for others this is a Must try restaurant! Rob W. Danville, Ca.Special Features:
- Birthday treatTadODined on 5/23/2013We celebrated a birthday with an outstanding meal at Spin A Yarn. The restaurant has very nice decor and you can talk without having to compete with another table. I had been there before and after Gorden Ransey revamped the menu. I knew the new menu was excellent and we were not disappointed. The prime rib is carved at the table and was very tasty, as was the salmon and shrimp ricotta. we had the house wines which were very nice as well. The staff was friendly and seated us right away. We didn't have dessert since we had a cake waiting for us at home. We plan on coming back on occasions. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly enjoyed the food. Sinceljoy704Dined on 5/12/2013Truly enjoyed the food. Since moving from the Midwest, we finally found a restaurant that meets our meat and potato standard.Special Features:
- Ordinary foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day brunch. There were three seatings for the special day. Even though we all had reservations, it took us 20 min to check in and five more min to be seated. Then another 15 min wait on the line to get food which was nothing special. Rolls, lettuce, pasta salad, potato salad, breakfast items, order to made egg station which clogged the line more, poached salmon, crabs and shrimps. I felt very much over paid for this all you can eat food. I don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We went for the Mother's Day Brunch. Champaigne glasses stayed full and there were plenty of food options at the buffet, including prime rib, crab legs and omelets. There was a huge selection of desserts and fruits as well. The quality of the food was very good and everything was served at the right temperature. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013The service was absolutely slow! The food was fresh. I had seafood linguini and all the seafood was not over cooked and tasted fresh. My husband had prime rib and it was a big piece and rare how he ordered it! For kids meal, they didnt have one of the items but I'm used to waiter telling us if something is not on the menu before letting the guest spend that time deciding. Kids ice cream was soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place for weekend lunchkjhobbsDined on 5/11/2013Had 7 folks enjoy a 2 PM lunch here on the Saturday before mothers day. Most places are a zoo on Sunday, so the family agreed to go out Saturday. The food was fantastic, as was the service staff. Bar staff was very attentive and I could not have been happier with all aspects of the event. Since we went at 2 PM, there were very few people there & that was kind of nice. I plan to do the same thing again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter not very knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2013Waiter not very knowledgeable about the wine list or food on the menu. The prawn appetizer was delicious. Pork chops were dry, pasta not that flavorful, and the roasted chicken was good.Special Features:
- Went Monday Night with FriendsEZHawkVIPDined on 5/6/2013I like Spin a Yarn and would recommend it. This is a steak house although the salmon was also really fresh and tasty - the best value on the menu. The "go to" meal is the prime rib. Huge portion, cooked properly, nice presentation, and even served warm. Plenty of quality sides come with your meal as well. Great waiter. No, it is not Ruth's Chris but it doesn't have their prices or anywhere close to it. The bar is nice, great wine by the glass selection and plenty of TVs to watch the Sharks playoff run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibwarmspringslocalVIPDined on 5/4/2013Prime Rib carved at the table - excellent. Our waiter, Keith, was very attentive and gave us great service.Special Features:
- The service was good and friendlyTMNooneDined on 4/27/2013The service was good and friendly and the food was good. We ordered the ribeye steak which was tasty but it seemed as though it might have been pounded to make it appear a little bigger. The prime rib was a generous size and served just as ordered. The pasta with ragu sauce was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, and especially,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013Outstanding food, and especially, outstanding service from our waiter Keith.Special Features:
- Our food was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2013Our food was well prepared and presented. Enjoyed the Lamb chops particularly.