Twenty8 Food & Spirits
28 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twenty8 Food & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twenty8restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082161668
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twenty 8 offers a private dining room that can accommodate up to 14 guests. There is also the Dynasty Ballroom that can accommodate receptions of up to 150 people.
A word from Twenty8 Food & Spirits
Twenty 8 Food & Spirits is an upscale restaurant & bar featuring regional, sustainable American cuisine with a modern flair that utilizes an exhibition style stone hearth oven to create flatbreads, appetizers and light entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twenty8 Food & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)good for groups (7)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- This is a great spot to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2012This is a great spot to have a meal before or after an event at Gillette Stadium. Menu rather limited but food presented was excellent. Best filet mignon I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Restaurant is beautiful andBostonB6Dined on 4/6/2012Restaurant is beautiful and the food was OK but the place was completely empty other than us and the people at the table next to us.
- first time there...we areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012first time there...we are a local couple. Very disappointed. Salads were good. Shrimp cocktail was good. Main dishes were terrible. Risotto was funky and my cod dish was overcooked. Desert cake was dried out. I can't see this place staying in business for much longer.
- Service was off the charts-OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2012Service was off the charts- friendly and concientious. Food was tasty, and setting was nice. The homemade croutons on the salads were excellent and unique. The flatbreads came out looking more like pizzas but were still good. The sliders were a big hit. If you are heading out to Patriot Village, this is a great spot to grab a drink, have a bite, or sit down for a nice dinner. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012Great atmosphere and excellent place to grab a drink. Food was good, but not great menu seams too safe, but well presented.Special Features:
- The food was good - rangingdbffromtheburbsDined on 2/25/2012The food was good - ranging from pork chops to diver scallops but the risotto was a bit crunchy. We also had problems when ordering drinks - first the gimlets came with olives (vodka, roses lime and olives?) and then the citron martini's also came with olives (lemon vodka, lemon twist and olives?). I felt bad for the poor waitress but the bartender needs to revisit some recipes. They gave us the appetizer on the house to make up for the error which was nice but we stayed with wine for the rest of the night instead of cocktails.
- It's a hotel lobby bar essentially.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012It's a hotel lobby bar essentially... It will get rowdy late into the night..Special Features:
- Per usual, food was deliciousbuccVIPDined on 2/20/2012Per usual, food was delicious & service was excellent !Special Features:
- Comfortible environment LikeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/19/2012Comfortible environment Like the restaurant & bar layout Food & service was greatSpecial Features:
- Great place to stop for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012Great place to stop for a drink. But, wouldn't recommend it for dinner.
- Cool decor and an adult atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2012Cool decor and an adult atmosphere on a Sat. night at 8:30. Our reservation was 9, but friendly host seated us when we arrived early. My new england salad was good, but my husband's beet salad was better. For entrees, the pork chop and oven roasted cod were both excellent. Service was prompt and server was polite and seemed like she really cared about our enjoyment.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2012The food was good, but no very many things to choose from. Say it is kid friendly but main focus is a bar which was loud and not very kid friendly. We also booked this a a birthday party yet they did not acknowledge the birthday as requested.
- Despite being almost emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2012Despite being almost empty we were seated in the booth next to the door and closest to the open end of the hotel lobby. The bread served after we ordered meals was stale, and the server was inattentive so we had to wait for refills of water though she would've happily refilled our actual drinks. Service was friendly and pleasant when present and the salad and actual meals were tasty. We were disappointed by minimal offerings on the menu and the choices seemed over priced for what was listed. Overall, it wasn't a terrible experience but we certainly weren't wowed and probably won't return.
- Went on a Saturday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012Went on a Saturday night. It was busy. The service was slow but the food was really good. We were not in a hurry so it was fine with us. I would recommend this place.
- Nice interior and a greatMRGPDined on 1/26/2012Nice interior and a great view of the Gillette Stadium. We went mid week not game day so it was quiet. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was average and a little pricy for what you get. I had the lump crab BLT which was fried to a hard crust which overpowered the lump crab inside. It tasted OK but it was not what I had hoped for.Special Features:
- Extremely limited menu onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2012Extremely limited menu on patriots game day. Food was very average, and overpriced. Fried calamari consisted mostly of fried batter, very small portion. Served wine in plastic cups! Also too many Ravens fans!! Better off tailgating!
- While the food was just okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2012While the food was just okay, I would definitely go back to sit at the bar. Very cool with a great bartender. It's not a loud place. It's a place to sit with someone close and enjoy a drink or two.Special Features:
- The restaurant is more openhedleydogDined on 1/10/2012The restaurant is more open than most, and is small so could be intimate. It has large windows open to the outside so would be quite pleasant during daylight. The bar dominates the room. There is an open fire oven at the back of the room. It was a very quiet night when we were there so I cannot speak to the noise level during busier times. Our server was very pleasant and since it was quiet, was also attentive. We each had a different entree and we all thought the entrees were heavy on the salt, but otherwise, they were nicely presented and tasty. We will return to try some of the other choices. Because the restaurant is located in a hotel on the property where the New England Patriots play,they said it gets crazy busy on a game day
- The ambiance is upscale, bigOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2012The ambiance is upscale, big city, so it is a wonderful find for the "burbs". The food was excellent. The service was timely but our waitress was lacking in skills. The wine was priced high for the area. Overall it was an excellent evening.Special Features:
- the food was delicious andstephanieDined on 12/31/2011the food was delicious and the service was fabulous - even with it being new year's eve! the only thing that keeps me from recommending it is the price: for what we ordered, the bill was a bit high.Special Features:
- Random TripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011the buffalo chicken flat bread was very good. The clam chowder was not great at all, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Hip, classy restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2011Hip, classy restaurant with beautiful decor and amazing food...highly recommend if you like to have out of the ordinary dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food but DesertedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/27/2011The food was outstanding, and the restaurant is nicely decorated. But unless the NE Patriots are playing at home on a weekend during the season, the restaurant, bar and hotel are always deserted. Weird to be one of only two parties dining in the restaurant on a Sunday night at 7:30 PM - about 4 people sitting at the bar. Very quiet atmosphere, but it was too quiet for a restaurant.
- Overall positive; just skip dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Overall, we had a positive experience. Service did seem slow for 7p on a Saturday night. Although we had water served almost immediately, it took quite a while for us to put in our cocktail order. Our waiter seemed very knowledgable and pointed out his favorites on the menu which was helpful. Long wait for our appetizer. Our app (duck and fig flatbread) was very good. My entree, the scallop and risotto dish, was also delicious. Dessert selection was just okay...only 4 or 5 items and the one I got, which was suppose to be an apple cranberry crumble, was more like an entermann apple pastery...very soggy with a pie crust...no crumble that I could see. Would definitely try it again...maybe skip dessert and have one of their salads.Special Features:
- Food took a long time to getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011Food took a long time to get to table, even though the restaurant was practically empty. About half of our party loved the food, the other half didn't really like theirs, so I guess the meals are hit or miss. Not a lot of variety on the menu, and food was a little too expensive for the quality received.
- In general, an unremarkabletablefortwoDined on 11/12/2011In general, an unremarkable experience for dinner. Place was busy on this Saturday night, but I understand that it is usually pretty quiet at night. Server was congenial, but not overly professional/experienced. Drinks and crab cake app were good, but beet salad and flatbread were just OK and not noteworthy. Prices are reasonable, but there are better options at Patriot Place than Twenty8.Special Features:
- the kitchen was slow-longterryhDined on 10/29/2011the kitchen was slow-long time between soup and sandwich and the noise level (mutiple tvs over the bar on sports and a couple of loud crowds)was very high-the food and service were very good though so I would try it again but at a quieter time of day maybe.Special Features:
- The food was reasonably good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2011The food was reasonably good, not great. The service was satisfactory, not great. There had been a football game earlier and there were a lot of loud drinkers in the bar making it very difficult to carry on a conversation. Since the bar and restaurant are essentially the same room, it was very noisy and not a relaxing place for dinner. I won't return.Special Features:
- I had the pizza for the mainOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/20/2011I had the pizza for the main dish and it was very good. The portion was large too. The calamari was decent too. I would recommend this place but the service I received was subpar. It was not a busy night but the waitress was not very attentive. If you are near the Patriots stadium and want a decent pie then go to this place.Special Features:
- Pricey though portions areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2011Pricey though portions are generous and food is upscale and everything we had was delicious. Not sure how busy it is on the weekends, Wednesday night was nice and quiet. Our server was friendly and prompt and the restaurant was very clean. Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:
- Food was just ok. The codrderDined on 10/14/2011Food was just ok. The cod was dry and rather flavorless. Service was very slow. Probably wouldn't go back.
- Nice place to relax afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2011Nice place to relax after the Patriots game to sit, have some food, a drink and watch sports on TV while the traffic subsides outside Gillette StadiumSpecial Features:
- Not worth the time, choose anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The food at Twenty8 was fair at best. The decor is interesting (modern, high ceilings, lot's of white and red, some zebra print, Not my style, but well done for what it is). I had the sirloin with asparagus and potatoes. The steak was overcooked and dry. The sides were fairly bland and uninteresting. The best part of the meal was a very good wine. A friend had scallops, which were quite good, over a decent risotto. Didn't have dessert, due to lack of choices (three options, no chocolate). Too many good restaurants to choose from to waste time and money on a place that doesn't seem to care very much.
- Noise level was much lowerjackmDined on 9/28/2011The noise level was considerably lower than our other visits because there were not many people at the bar. Still good food and service.
- Our overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011Our overall experience was great. The waiter seemed to want to leave, but our 11:00am reservation may have been why...maybe his shift was ending? Two of us were waiting on our third party and I had told the waiter that we would wait until she arrived to order. He came over two more times and asked us if we wanted to order. He then brought our check shortly after we were served. In spite of that, all three of us will return.Special Features:
- The decor, atmosphere , servicelobsterloversDined on 9/23/2011The decor, atmosphere , service and fod were all top notch. Enjoyed the bet salad folloowed by the salmon. The service was nice, not rushed at all plus special dietary needs were fully accomodated. A great place for a special night out or just a casual evening with friends and family.Special Features:
- Don't expect much on Pat's Game DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/18/2011Very disappointed by our visit. Patriot Place has a number of very good full service restaurants that have figured out how to provide a high quality experience on game days. Twenty 8 doesn't even try. The offered an "event day menu" for an 8PM dinner reservation that was like the Kiddie Menu at Applebees. Pizzas (cheese and pepperoni), hamburgers, and a couple of uninspired salads. Also, they wont serve you a drink in a glass. Plastic cups only. Seems that if I am willing to spend $12/glass on wine, I should get a Big Boy cup. I will head back to Davio's after the next Pat's game. Those guys know how to do it right!
- We went to 28 because we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2011We went to 28 because we were going to a Pat's game. And we wanted to experience Patriot's Place beforehand: the shopping, dining, .... The Marriott Renaissance Hotel was extremely welcoming .... The hotel lobby experience was relaxing ... The 28 restaurant that we experienced was the bar area - not the restaurant albeit prior to the game. We'd like to return (no Pat's game) to truly enjoy what the restaurant has to offer. It did look inviting (though $4.00 for coffee was a bit much).Special Features:
- 4 of us had dinner on a MondayChampagneDined on 9/12/20114 of us had dinner on a Monday eve. Apps were the scallop w/pork belly and the fried angry goat cheese. NO complaints. Entrees: salmon, brined chicken, duck fat/garlic butter steak and scallops with risotto. Cocktails were spot on. Food was warm, not hot - hence the 4 out of 5 stars. The patio wasn't open but the hostes/server graciously allowed us to sit there because we were there for my mother's birthday. I'll go back because the service was so considerate. Take a lesson - all you Twenty8 competitors!Special Features:
- Had dinner at Twenty8 withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011Had dinner at Twenty8 with my husband to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were looking for a new place to eat that had a nice setting. The service was very good and we were well taken care of. My husband ordered a Miller Light which we were then told they were out of, so he settled for something else. My wine was delicious. I ordered the Margherita Pizza and my husband ordered the rack of ribs. The pizza was cold and not fully cooked, rubbery Mozzarella. The sauce on the ribs tasted strongly of ketchup, not a good sauce at all. Throughout dinner we watched parents and children run through in their bathing suits on the way to the pool, not exactly something I want to see while trying to enjoy dinner. We will not return!