Chef Geoff's Tysons
8045 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Geoff's Tysons
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 5712826003x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3pm
Dinner: 4pm until 10pm (Daily)
BAR: Open to Midnight (daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joud Achkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner loves to party! We offer 2 beautiful
rooms from which to choose, and can accommodate any size group
from 10 to 350 guests. For more information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director, Amy Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: VALET is available for $3.00 per car during the following times.
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm (Weekdays)
Dinner: 5pm until 10pm (Daily)
Brunch: 10:30am until 3pm (Sunday)
FREE SELF PARK ~ Please bring in your ticket for validation.
Use the garage directly behind the office building.
A word from Chef Geoff's Tysons
Come visit Chef Geoff's in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all day on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's Tysons reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)great for lunch (107)special occasion (103)good for groups (89)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (58)vibrant bar scene (56)great for outdoor dining (45)romantic (44)notable wine list (35)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (6)Show More
- Another fabulous lunchBGR1Dined on 7/3/2014Last minute decision to go to Lunch, went on open table got the time we wanted and the seat we wanted. Food as always was delicious, and in our estimation was way to much for the two of us. The summer menu is great.Special Features:
- Always a great place to eatfoodiesgsDined on 7/3/2014I brought a friend to CF's who had never been there before. I know I can always count on this restaurant as a reliable, creative place to eat. The menu is inviting with lots of different choices. Great ambiance! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdJddinerDined on 7/2/2014Disappointing. Beet salad w goat cheese - thin slices of rubbery beets, smear of cheese on four croutons; risotto w zucchini. - very little zucchini mixed w undercooked risotto. Calamari - below average. Dessert - flour less cake - great. It was very busy but service was good. They can do better.
- sssteinyDined on 6/28/2014Our meals was delicious and the wait staf was terrificSpecial Features:
- HappytoeatDined on 6/28/2014The watermelon gazpacho was fab! Also the cinnamon donuts with ice cream was a real treat to celebrate my husband's birthday!Special Features:
- Wonderful night....RichDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I were looking for a close in restaurant (Vienna) to celebrate our wedding anniversary.... Not wanting to break the bank we settled on Chef Geoff's in Tysons. We thought it would be fun to try this menu over others we usually go to on these types of occasions. Great menu, an abundance of options... In the end, our service and food were fantastic, yet the space/setting feels rather generic (and loud!). Loved our waiter. Great wine, great food. Great night!Special Features:
- Good food with noisechap621VIPDined on 6/26/2014My first time, for dinner. Very busy Thursday night. Pleasant appearance. Very noisy. Wait staff were efficient and available. Pretty good wine list, bettr than average. Excellent food. i just like a more sedate ambiance.Special Features:
- Always deliciousLadyTairaVIPDined on 6/26/2014Our waiter was great and added to make the evening special since one of us was visiting DC and the other person drove from Gaithersburg to join us. The food and the service made DC look good to our visitor.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceVAC2013VIPDined on 6/25/2014We had a group lunch at the restaurant. The service and food was exceptional; and the atmosphere was very pleasant. You could carry on a conversation and be easily heard by your lunch mate. Great choice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2379 reviews are from the Chef Geoff's Tysons reviews archive.
- Sunday DinnerTysonslawDined on 6/22/2014Met my daughter and her boyfriend for Sunday dinner. The restaurant was half full and much more quiet than usual. Service was excellent, as always. My Scallops with Risotto were perfect. They raved about the Mushroom Ravioli and the Shrimp and Grits. I nice bottle of Pomerol at a reasonable price (relative to its peers) rounded things out. We were too full for desert. Another good meal from a reliable kitchen and well trained staff.Special Features:
- Our first choice in McLeantastebuds4funDined on 6/22/2014I love the elegant yet relaxed feel of the place. The food is well presented and tasty, using high quality ingredients. Their hamburgers are exceptionally good, though the grilled chicken served on salad was too dry. We are their regular patrons, and we will definitely continue being so. It is our favorite restaurant in McLean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2014Usually really a great place and on this visit service was a bit off. Still like the place and most of the time we find the food is well worth the price and mostly fine excellent services.Special Features:
- The Ladies Loved ItDiningOut2Dined on 6/18/2014I arranged a lunch for my Red Hat Chapter at Chef Geoff's. Everyone loved the restaurant.Special Features:
- Poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014It's not that the food was bad, there just wasn't much of it. Perhaps if we had ordered several courses, we wouldn't have left hungry. I ordered the scallops, which were tasty enough, but the dish should have been billed as risotto with a side of scallops. I wasn't planning on eating much of the carb load, I wanted scallops. Did not justify the $28 entree price tag. I had also come after spotting interesting wine on the wall earlier for a lunch date, and the wine menu was underwhelming. A few notable trophy wines -- like Dunn Howell Mountain -- and a bunch of pedestrian wines. While the wine was pedestrian, the server still should have known not to substantially overfill. Won't be back.
- Great brunchMargaretDined on 6/15/2014Excellent selection...food was delicious...have eaten here for brunch and at happy hour....always a great experience with good food and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemfrankVIPDined on 6/15/2014I went to Chef Geoff's for brunch. The menu for brunch is very interesting offering a wide variety of both breakfast and lunch items. The brunch includes delicious cheese biscuits with a trio of spreads including a pepper jelly, apple butter and fresh chive cream cheese. All of these were amazing. I had the breakfast burrito and it was great. The potatoes that came with it were a little greasy but the burrito was delicious filled with fresh ingredient and I loved the salsa and guac that came with it. We finished our meal with the begniets which came with chocolate and vanilla sauce. These were divine, I highly recommend. What really made the experience was the great service. I will definitely be going back for another meal!Special Features:
- Perfect SpotLCC6507Dined on 6/14/2014I was looking for a place between my home and my brother's for a celebration dinner. There were 6 of us. We originally thought of Reston Town Center, but it turned out to be teh same day as the Taste of Reston and we knew it would be mobbed. Then I remembered I'd been wanting to try Chef Geoff's, and it didn't disappoint. It started out with incredibly easy (and reasonable) valet parking. Our group has a variety of tastes, and not only was there something on the menu for everyone, but we all want to return to try more dishes. Staff were fabulous as well. We couldn't have had a better night!Special Features:
- Nice experienceOut2eatVIPDined on 6/14/2014The service here is prompt and friendly but not overbearing. The menu has great variety and is seeved as described. The parking lot is a bit of a walk but there is valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Waited a long time for appetizer, then main course arrived almost immediately; we sent it back; cold when it was brought back! Manger apologized.
- Good at anytime!SundanceDined on 6/12/2014Mom's birthday and teenage son going off go camp-- chef geoff's was perfect for both!Special Features:
- Client Loved itzanexecVIPDined on 6/11/2014Client drove quite a way for lunch but I promised him a great one. He loved his BBQ entree salad and raved about the flatbreads. All in all...a successful business lunch.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Great place to have brunch! Enjoyed my side of bacon! #BaconLover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better...smldinerDined on 6/8/2014I've been to Chef Geoff's numerous times in DC and Rockville and loved it. This was my first time visiting the Tysons location, and I wasn't as impressed. The server was great when you got his attention, but overall everything wasn't to the usual standard I would expect from Chef Geoff's. My friend's brunch came without the side it was suppose to have, we were never given breads that were to accompany our brunch, and it was hard to track down our server for a coffee refill. Nothing earth shattering, just not what I have come to expect at Chef Geoff's.Special Features:
- The "WOW" Factor Unveiled! 👍💖🍴zJojobethDined on 6/8/2014I was excited to give my newbies an above fantastic Chef Geoff experience prior to a Wolf Trap "Walt Disney's Beauty and the Beast" matinee & we were NOT disappointed: save for a few hiccups re: seating locale, etc, our meals wildly impressed as did the service & atmosphere. My undeniably unique "off-menu" requests were handled w/grace, void of judgment & in a rare instance made it to the table correct on the 1st try! All of our dishes were colorful, filled with flavor & unparalleled in creativity and presentation. A special treat: Discovering members of the Beauty & the Beast cast @ the table next to ours, adding a magical element to an already amazing meal. If you want brunch done right, do brunch at Chef Geoff's Tyson's Corner. ⭐⭐⭐⭐Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingLoveToEatDCVIPDined on 6/7/2014Best service in town. Great food. Amazing wait staff. Arrived for brunch with two kids and table was already set up for us with highchair and two kids water! Staff was always nice and courteous. It's my son's favorite restaurant. He asks to go back all the time and we happily oblige!Special Features:
- Never perfectT4twoDined on 6/6/2014I really want to like this restaurant because I really like the food; however there always seems that something is not perfect. The last two times I was there I was seated at a banquette table with two guests forced to look at a blank wall for the duration of the meal. This time there were plenty of more desirable fours available, so there was no reason to seat us at an undesirable table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2014Food was just okay. Would come again but others do it better in the a Tysons area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2014Service below average; uninspiring menu; overpriced wine list. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Dijon?dineInserCatDined on 6/2/2014I had the Dijon Chicken sandwich. I believe they were out of dijon that day. My sandwich was uninspiring. The best part was the bacon. Although I love arugula, this side dish (as opposed to fries) buried my plate. My guest fully enjoyed their food, however, and that was the most important outcome of this lunch. Service was professional and polite. Two of my guest were rather late, and the staff accommodated us well during the delay. Will there be a next time for me? Yes! But not the Dijon Chicken sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchRickDined on 6/1/2014Plenty of parking, friendly and attentive staff, easy seating and great menu choices. New Orleans waffles were delicious and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice birthday luncheonhappydinerDined on 5/31/2014Chef Geoff's is reliably good, and that is what we experienced this time - went for lunch, 3 of us, and had a great time. Very good waiter, food was good, not great - i like their dinner menu better than lunchSpecial Features:
- Just okCucumberVIPDined on 5/27/2014The food was not great. My shrimp scampi was far too oily. The waitstaff was a bit intrusive, and the place just sort of has Tyson's restaurant stamp: stodgy and worn.
- First Time HereAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 5/24/2014We arrived early from an event at Wolf Trap but were seated immediately. Service started slow -- waited 5 minutes to be greeted and then another 5-7 for drinks and water to show up, but then service settled in with our server, Jason, who was solicitous and congenial. Interesting wine list edited by characteristics. Many world cuisines represented but the flavors were there for those we tried. The only disappointments were the shrimp dumplings which the tails that had been left on and the disintegrating wrapper made difficult to eat although they were tasty. The sesame soba noodles were not what we expected with lots of veggies. Mains were quite good especially the huge portion of jumbo mussels. Dynamite cinnamon doughnuts as dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites, but...DoctorTDined on 5/24/2014So, we love Chef Geoff's and I had been looking forward to eating here again when I recommended it to my wife. The food was amazing as always and I am impressed by the menu that seems to change often enough to remain interesting. The issue this time was service. We ordered and all was fine with our drinks but we waited quite a while and then our meal arrived. The only challenge was that we never got our calamari appetizer. (Please note that I would eat there just for this appetizer) we asked our waitress about it and she apologized and asked if we still wanted it and we did so it came out as dessert essentially. Here's the issue. No manager came by and nothing was changed on our check. At least give us a drink for free. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service so-soSaraDined on 5/23/2014I have been to this particular Chef Geoff's location a handful of times and up until now the service had been outstanding. Not sure what happened this time, whether they were short-handed with servers or what, but ours was MIA most of the time. We had ordered one soup which never showed up and we were only able to tell him when he came to help serve the main dish which is the first time he showed between ordering and a very long wait until the brought the food. He was happy to bring several bottles of wine we ordered, but other than that he was mostly absent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and a little elegancedecadentsDined on 5/21/2014We were originally seated in a room near the bar, which was very noisy, but we asked to be moved to the next room, which turned out to be very nice. The service was attentive but not overwhelming (no unnecessary "how are we doin'" every five minutes), and the food was, as always, very good. Chef Geoff's delivers good food and service with a little elegance at reasonable prices. We have been to two of these restaurants, usually with friends, a few times and everyone always enjoys it.
- Great food!foodfiendVIPDined on 5/20/2014The guacamole/plantain chip appetizer is awesome and the salmon on my Cobb salad melted in my mouth. Service could have been a bit better.Special Features:
- good, needs work on gluten freebinkDined on 5/18/2014Needs work on the gluten free; they did not have any crackers or rolls that are gluten free; at least one other restaurant servers hot gluten free hot rolls, you should at least have crackers to serve; do you have gluten free vodka ( potato)? Otherwise the food and server was very good.Special Features:
- Loved it!Sidekick466Dined on 5/17/2014My family celebrated a birthday at Chef Geoff's and two in our party were vegans. I rolled the dice and picked this place because of the variety of menu options the vegans could enjoy as well as everyone else in our party. It was very convenient. The wait staff were great. The drink options are awesome and everybody left happy. Can't ask for much more than that.Special Features:
- Great Early Bird Special!BanDDined on 5/16/2014The Sunset special was great! Much preferred over Chef Geoff in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.