BARSAVONA at Savona Restaurant
100 Old Gulph Road
Gulph Mills, PA 19428Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
BARSAVONA at Savona Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barsavona.com/
- Phone: 6105201200
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Masciangelo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Enjoy BARSAVONA at home. Our Director of Private Dining is prepared to tailor an event considering every detail. Contact Whitney Dallot at 610 520 1200.
- Private Party Facilities: Plan a casual private dining event at BARSAVONA! Our private dining menus include options from the casual BARSAVONA menu as well as from our formal dining room. Wireless internet connection and all audio/visual equipment are available for multimedia presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Dallot 6105201200
A word from BARSAVONA at Savona Restaurant
Consistent, creative, high quality dining, and seamlessly orchestrated service has been the hallmark of Savona's success for over 12 years…..it's time to evolve!!!!! Savona is proud to announce, BARSAVONA. A marble bar, sexy outdoor patio and upstairs wine lounge will set the stage for a new spirit of relaxation and conviviality. Executive Chef, Drew Masciangelo will continue to employ his "farm to table" approach with a soulful regional Italian menu inspired by his Abruzesse heritage. The casual menu will feature hand cut pasta, perfectly blistered Pizza Napoletana, natural creamy risotto and "farrotto", and wood grilled meats, fish and poultry. All selections will all be prepared with the same simplicity, consistency and attention to detail Savona has provided for over a decade. So... sit back...relax...swirl a glass of vino from the largest wine cellar in PA and enjoy the new BARSAVONA!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
BARSAVONA at Savona Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Main Line ›
BARSAVONA at Savona Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- barsavonamorris1264VIPDined on 10/6/2013dined many times at this restaurant.excellent quality and great service.Special Features:
- Delicious! We enjoyed ourpcje4VIPDined on 10/3/2013Delicious! We enjoyed our lunch, especially the warm butter cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Very, Very Nice!BeeRichardVIPDined on 9/18/2013We had a great dinner with great service for our anniversary. When we arrived, we were shown a table on the second floor nice but not special for our special night. The staff quickly and very nicely moved us to a very nice table on the first floor. The wine selection is outstanding and had a terrific Amarone with our dinner. The agnolotti en brodo and pappardelle Bolognese were especially outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialPjn1Dined on 9/13/2013We had a a modest lunch with one drink and one dish each that cost over $70 dollars. The portions were not large, but were big enough. The service was good. The food was tastey, but my problem is that it was certainly no better than similar dishes that I've had for much less. So to some it up we found Barsavona to be overpriced and nothing special, there is a lot of competion in the food world and you money may be better spent elsewhere.
- Glad we went!Adapt2chaosDined on 9/6/2013We've been talking about going to Bar Savona with another couple for years! We sat in casual dining and everything was delicious. I would absolutely go back for a special occasion, though I don't see it becoming a local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barsavona - A Gem in the Main LineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Barsavona is the casual upstairs section of the more expensive Savona restaurant. The food was excellent, service was outstanding. We shared some delicious appetizers, starters, as well as pastas and entrees. I would definitely recommend it and plan to partake again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a great place to eatLMACDined on 9/1/2013It is a great place to eat dinner....if only the food had more flavor. Presentation, service and atmosphere where great.
- Don't bother went down hillkaparaVIPDined on 8/31/2013It's been more than 6 month since I visited this place. It's always been known as upscale pricy place but that had good drinks and food to match the price. I was highly disappointed during my last visit because it went down hill big time. The servers were running around not knowing what to do. The food choices on a bar menu were mediocre at best, when the food came out it wasn't even prepared according to request. I wasn't sure about the drink I ordered but bar attender assured me that he can make me a different one if I don't like it. After that he disappeared without even asking how it was and it was bad.
- Dinner was ok, risotto withTravelerVIPDined on 8/29/2013Dinner was ok, risotto with mushrooms was good but not $25 good, would not order again. Next table with barefoot man wasn't helpful to evening meal pleasure. Noisy, all in all, a bit expensive for an irritating evening.
- Good pizzaHCPEVIPDined on 8/16/2013I went for lunch with a business colleague. I ordered one of the pizzas. It was very good. Staff was friendly and service was good.Special Features:
- InterruptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013I felt that our table of 6 kept being interrupted by the waitress, bus boys etc. Our conversations literally would have to stop or we would have to look around as the help attended to us. Better timing would have been better.
- Consistently excellentarchieVIPDined on 7/31/2013We dine at Savona/Bar Savona frequently and always enjoy the atmosphere, fine ingredients carefully prepared and presented, and accommodating staff. We highly recommend Bar Savona for a more casual meal or Savona for more formal dining. On this visit I had one of the best tasting swordfish steaks I have ever had and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the seared tuna (both recent additions to the Bar Savona menu). Among the others in our party one frequent Savona diner enjoyed his default choice, brick chicken, and another raved about the paperdelle. Shared desserts included Chocolate volcano cake with vanilla ice cream, blueberry cake with limoncello gelato, and a trio of tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Excellent ServiceSteveVIPDined on 7/29/2013BarSavona-Savona is our favorite restaurant. The food is consistantly excellent. Every menu item is prepared to perfection! Only the highest quality ingrediants are used. Each menu item is presented like a "work of art". They really care here. The service compares to the best restauarants in New York. I highly reccomend the Savonas. PS You can order off either menu in BarSavona.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningHillNimoVIPDined on 7/28/2013Had a lovely dinner on the porch. Food was really tasty, but definitely comes at a price. Perfect for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing its "zing"jn22VIPDined on 6/24/2013This visit was disappointing. Not the same great meal I usually have, and the service was "off". Monadays? Summer help?Special Features:
- Great alternative to SavonaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/17/2013It had been a while since we last went to Savona, an excellent restaurant with a price to match its prestige. BarSavona opened on the second floor of the building, with a different yet delicious menu. We were very satisfied with the food, enjoying every plate we ordered. Great selections from the bar, and am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day AdventureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013We had a wonderful adventure at Barsavona -- as we were about to order the power went out (a tree fell on power lines). We moved to the beautiful covered porch, eating bread and enjoying (free) cocktails. The staff was wonderfully attentive and apologetic, telling us it would be about 45 min - 1 hour wait. I asked for a salad, they brought me a wonderful, huge, delicious Ceasar Salad w/anchovies (yum!). There was someone in the kitchen who had recently returned from over seas military duty who happened to have night vision goggles, which he wore to assemble my salad! Great story to share! We decided to leave before the power was restored, but we will definitely go back, to enjoy the food. FANTASTIC service, could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsUSopenguestDined on 6/13/2013I've been wanting to go to BarSavona for a long time. Finally went. The food was great. We loved the patio dining. We were really impressed with the service...it was outstanding. The only downside is the price of wine/cocktails.Special Features:
- Great food, ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2013We really enjoyed our dinner out at Barsavona. The food was great as was the service. We had the chocolate 4 ways for dessert which was delicious. A great alternative to their downstairs restaurant and much more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Mother's Day at Savona"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013My wife,daughter and myself just spent an enjoyable Mother's Day dinner at Savona. Despite being very busy, we were seated immediately. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Savona has become our "go to"kahunaDined on 5/9/2013The service is superb every time we go. Food is imaginative and perfectly prepared. Truly you get your money's worthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/30/2013I have not dined at Barsavona before. I had the beet salad - it was the right size portion and just delicious. For my entree, i had the skate, which is usually tough to find - it was outstanding! Our server was quick and courteous. Barsavona is very close to my home so I plan to go back very soon!! a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level of the tablesfili1foodieVIPDined on 4/27/2013The noise level of the tables around us was so high we couldn't hear each other.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellent and theValdes22Dined on 4/23/2013Dinner was excellent and the waitstaff was attentive. It was a bit noisy - and our table was responsible for some of it. It seemed to bounce around the room and I could actually hear other conversations.Special Features:
- Consistently good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Always a pleasant experience. Tables are a little close together . The service is consistently good. The food can be more creative. Drinks are very good. Seems like a place many customers like to have the same dish over and over againSpecial Features:
- The duck was excellent, thelatinprofVIPDined on 4/17/2013The duck was excellent, the service, friendly and helpful and not overwhelming. A problem w/tables too close to have a meaningful conversation w/our own table of 4. Otherwise, quite good and pleasant.
- Consistently great deliciousAngieDined on 3/29/2013Consistently great delicious food. Knowledgable staff, who are helpful.Special Features:
- We had been to savona forSandLVIPDined on 3/22/2013We had been to savona for dinner and had wonderful meals. This was our first time at lunch. We ordered a special pizza and a burger. Both were served so overcooked that they were dry and tasteless. The burger had been ordered rare and came well done and the pizza tasted like a recook. As it was a business meeting, we did not return them to be reprepared. It was unfortunate, but we assumed that the luncheon chef if not the same as the evening one .
- Absolutely awesome, the food,FoodieDined on 3/21/2013Absolutely awesome, the food, the service, the ambiance, all terrific!Special Features:
- Savona met or exceeded ourDowntownBobVIPDined on 3/21/2013Savona met or exceeded our high expectations, based on several prior visits. Our waiter was attentive and not intrusive. We lingered far too long after the lunch, the experience was so wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/17/2013We have loved BarSavona, the food and service have made it a favorite. Our dinner on Sunday night was not their norm. Our server didn't know the specials for the night and he disappeared for long periods of time. We ordered a bottle of prosecco and he spilled it while pouring, second drink orders placed when our entrees were delivered didn't arrive until our entrees were almost finished. We were charged for a glass of wine we never received. We ordered decaf coffee and were served cold, regular coffee. The waiter did deduct the cost of the coffee from our bill and apologized. The food was good except for the NY strip which had a lot of gristle and wasn't served with a panzanella salad as listed, rather mixed greens with hard croutons.
- Seems that very few peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/4/2013Seems that very few people actually go to Savona, and there are more people at the Bar at Savona side. That being said, I felt as if we were all sitting on top of one another, and that was NOT okay with me. Why would you allow table to go empty through bulk of the restaurant, while cramming people into the four or five tables in the bar area on a Monday night? Also, the banquette that I shared with other diners was filled with crumbs from previous patrons. I expect more from a restaurant of this caliber, and at these prices.Special Features:
- The service continues to govinceVIPDined on 2/21/2013The service continues to go down hill . you continually have to ask for such things an more bread , drinks etc . The hostess at the front deak doesn't have a clue on what her job discription should be ???
- First time here, and it waspcje4VIPDined on 2/11/2013First time here, and it was excellent Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Still good, but less so....rtnutVIPDined on 2/5/2013We go frequently because it's close to home and the food and service are usually 5*, but the last few visits seemed not to be up to their usual standard of excellence. It took a long time for our cocktails to be served, and the portions were pathetic. One person ordered a glass of wine when her entree arrived and it wasn't served until after she was finished eating. It was a week night, and the restaurant was about half full. We had the special pizza of the night and it was delicious with a thin crust. The caesar salads were perfect and the white bean soup was excellent, but could have been hotter. The salmon was cooked to the requested temperature and nicely seasoned. Would love more fresh, seasonal options.Special Features:
- Bar dinner was not in barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Bar dinner was not in bar but upstairs with noisy kids running around on both sides of us. Almost didnt stay but decided too and food was goodSpecial Features:
- Sevice was very slow...tookOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/9/2013Sevice was very slow...took forever for lunch when the restaurant was nearly empty. We were never offered bread or did the waiter come over to say that our food would be coming soon.
- A nice laid back New Years EveLindaVIPDined on 12/31/2012My husband and I wanted a laid back, but still lovely New Years Eve. Bar Savona was perfect. We went to the movies first (Les Mis) and then to Bar Savona. They had their regular menu so we didn't feel ripped off by having a ridiculous expensive New Years Eve menu. We did splurge on a lovely bottle of French wine to go with our food. I started with the steamers while my husband had the artichokes. Both great. He had the a pasta with sausage, I don't remember the name. I had the special pasta fra diavlo with shrimp and mussels. I will say the pasta was perfect, the shrimp and mussels were over cooked. Service was near perfection, they could have brought us the wine without our having to ask, considering it was NYE!Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinner this past SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012Enjoyed dinner this past Saturday night at BarSavona. The food was excellent right through dessert. The wait staff was far above average. The bar downstairs was a highlight. We each had a "Hot Apple Toddy" which was made flaming by two terrific bartenders. We will return.Special Features:
- We had been looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012We had been looking forward to trying Bar savona. I have to say we were overall let down. The service was nice, but not consistant. Ordered a second glass of wine and did not get it till half way through our meal. Half of our group had really good food the other half was mediocre. Decor and ambiance very disapointing. Boring a little like eating in an airport lounge. Maybe that was the hum of the exhaust fan in the backround. A little like jet noise!Special Features: