The Jamesport Manor Inn
370 Manor Lane
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Jamesport Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jamesportmanorinn.com/
- Phone: 6317220500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday Thursday - Sunday : 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandleur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The off premises catering services allow you and your guests to enjoy the natural beauty of the North Fork. We can assist you in finding the perfect vineyard or waterfront setting for your reception.
We offer buffet or French style service. We can also customize an event to just what you had in mind.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms. Each room has been designed with the intent to offer our guests a choice of venues to make their event truly personal.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Kar 6317220500x
- Special Events: Welcome to Private Dining at the Jamesport Manor Inn. We are delighted that you are considering our restaurant to be the venue for your special personal celebration or business function.
The Jamesport Manor Inn has three private dining rooms.
A word from The Jamesport Manor Inn
The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Jamesport Manor Inn - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
The Jamesport Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (32)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (15)good for groups (15)scenic view (14)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- As usual it was very goodDanielsVIPDined on 2/14/2014As usual it was very good we brought guests and they enjoyed it also the help their are always very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 2/2/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, "macaroni and cheese", striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceLictinesteinDined on 2/2/2014I made reservations at the Jamesport Manor Inn last week and I will dine there again. We had a wonderful meal and a wonderful experience. The restaurant is beautiful. The service was friendly and the food was fantstic. The monkfish on the menu was the best I have ever had. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsamos727Dined on 1/17/2014Three couples met for a great dinner and to socialize. Martinis for the ladies, beer on tap for the gents. A terrific, well presented meal, served by an excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 1/12/2014Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the salmonjackDined on 1/12/2014Received email re price fix diner which listed salmon. It was not on the menu. Why do something like this and annoy customers.
- The service was surperd weDanielsVIPDined on 12/31/2013The service was surperd we were greeted with an pleasant welcome the food was good we enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013My family and I spent Christmas Eve at the Jamesport Manor in and the whole evening was such a delight. Very warm welcome from the hostess, great service from Victoria and fantastic food! This is a great place to celebrate something special. Highly recommended and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, quiet, and elegant...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013Not much more to be said. Wait staff was very courteous and professional, good food portions and very good quality. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, great service,will11738Dined on 12/12/2013excellent food, great service, charming decor but a little bit pricey....but all in all a wonderful dining expierienceSpecial Features:
- always make this an annualLennyVIPDined on 12/7/2013always make this an annual pre Christmas visit to dine with friends. have never been dsiappointed.....food and service are very good in a nice seetiing.....reservations recommended on weekend. well worth the price and the tripSpecial Features:
- Everything was great! Thesus16Dined on 12/6/2013Everything was great! The food was delicious. The waitstaff very pleasant and the atmosphere was nice too. We had a very enjoyable evening at the Jamesport Manor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingdinedelightDined on 12/5/2013We have been to Jamesport Manor Inn several times before. It is a beautiful building, with wonderful ambiance. The service was absolutely outstanding, particularly since we were the only people there. It's hard for a server to be attentive but unobtrusive when there are no other diners. The menu offered too few choices. One of our party in particular had looked forward to the treat of a great steak, but there was none on the menu. The short ribs ordered instead were exceptionally tender, but tasteless. The duck was dry, and the maple iced cake was obviously stale. I want to like this place as it is lovely with a wonderful atmosphere, but I won't be coming back. At those prices, I expect consistently good food and they just don't deliver.
- Very nice wait staff. GoodFirsttryDined on 11/28/2013Very nice wait staff. Good quality service. Food is overrated. From appetizer to dessert, nothing was up to my expectations.
- thanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013FOOD WAS GREAT. SORRY THEY DIDNT SERVE TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING MEAL. SERVICE WAS SLOW AND NOT THE MOST HOSPITABLE. We waited 5 to 10mins for utensils so needless to say food got cold. never was asked to replenish our drinksI would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingrdabVIPDined on 11/28/2013Regrettably, while the food remains good, the service was subpar. We were greeted by an indifferent and inappropriately dressed hostess who only smiled when given a tip for our coats. Our server was a very pleasant women. After taking our order she disappeared. Three of the diners ordered the same fish entree, but with two different preparations. The orders were mixed up by the unsupervised runners and never straightened out, since the server was nowhere to be found. Coffee was brought 7 to 10 minutes before dessert. There was no supervision in the dining room or the restaurant. Had there been, I would have expressed my displeasure. Saying something to the indifferent hostess would have been useless. Will we return? Probably not.
- ThanksgivingLM2001Dined on 11/28/2013This restaurant is a gem on the North Fork of LI. The food was awesome. Try it.....you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DelightresosforfourVIPDined on 11/28/2013This was my third trip to the Jamesport Manor Inn for Thanksgiving. The location is perfect - across from a horse farm and just down the road from vineyards - you can feel and smell fall in the air. The menu was diverse and included vegetarian options (thank you). We had turkey, short ribs, and mushroom ravioli for our mains. Starters included an excellent crab cake and a wonderful mushroom and goat cheese concoction. The wine list is a bit limited - mainly North Fork producers. We chose a library cab that worked well. Portions were good, but not overwhelming. Service was friendly and attentive - we were not rushed, nor were we forgotten. Special thanks to the hostess - we were late and she moved us to the next seating without any fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we booked for New YearsSamVDined on 11/23/2013We came upon this restaurant by accident driving down the road a few weeks ago. It looked so lovely I went on line to look at the menu and decided to take my wife there for her birthday. When I booked on line at open table I mentioned it was my wife's birthday and asked for a special table . When we arrived they accommodated us with a wonderful table with a beautiful view. The server Jessica was wonderful and fully explained the menu and was most personable. The food was outstanding ( had the pasta dish with sweet sausage) and the service prompt. We were so taken with the restaurant we booked New Year's Eve for a party of six. We will tell all of our friends about this charming restaurant!!!! Thank you for making the evening memorable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.A bit pricy forSummerof69Dined on 11/22/2013Great food.A bit pricy for lunch but varied menu with large portions.Special Features:
- Restaurant was quite, servicedineoutDined on 11/14/2013Restaurant was quite, service was excellent food outstanding. The interior is beautiful, will be going back when its a little colder when the fireplaces will be lit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant in a beautifullstanleybrowntVIPDined on 11/10/2013Charming restaurant in a beautifully reconstructed old inn. Delicious, often creative food. Delicious oysters, striped bass, duck, lamb, risotto, ravioli. Superb chocolate terrine. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic spot with good foodDI79Dined on 11/9/2013Service was excellent! Food was nothing to write home about...just ok. Very pretty place. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerVickiDined on 11/8/2013Luckily for me, my birthday falls out during Restaurant Week, so we always take the opportunity to celebrate at places we've never eaten in before. I chose the Jamesport Manor Inn. (I had always wanted to try it.) The Restaurant Week special was great - and so was our food! Three splendid courses and decent service - that's it in a nutshell. It's a pretty place, and all the staff members we interacted with were courteous. It's a little far out for us - about a 35 minute ride from our house - but iwas worth the drive. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2013My husband and i and another couple had dinner there for Restaurant Week. The menu presented was varied with something for everyone. Everyone enjoyed their choices. We have eaten there before and are always pleased. It was the first time for our friends and they were impressed with the entire experience. I'm sure we'll all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantpinehavenDined on 11/7/2013I can't wait to bring our friends there to enjoy the great food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winterretiredDined on 11/7/2013great place. It is a real gem and the wood work was outstanding. Food was ample and everything was just what you would expect from a class restaurant. Will return again when in the area.Special Features:
- Why?SandyDined on 11/6/2013I'm sure you are wondering why the ratings were high, but I'm still not recommending Jamesport Manor Inn. It is because they have FOIS Gras on their menu, and I am totally against making the ducks/geese suffer so to get this "delicacy". I had mistakenly thought they had taken it off their menu, or I would not have eaten there this week.
- Neighborhood SpecialNanaMDined on 11/6/2013Glad we chose this restaurant for a family treat. Especially good service along with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week findRooferDined on 11/3/2013Food was great service was a little slow this was due to crowded. Restaurant week special. All in all we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!!!LictinesteinDined on 11/2/2013Great food. Great Service. I would eat here again. My parents had told me to come here and they were right. I really liked everything. The food and the staff were fantastic. My date was impressed with everything, too. A great dinner. I will be making a second reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Dining Experience!!SnuggieMcStinkDined on 11/2/2013My boyfriend and I went to The Jamesport Manor Inn for the first time and we will definitely be returning. The restaurant itself is absolutely beautiful. I was very impressed with the whole decor. And we both enjoyed the Halloween decorations!! Spooky and Fun! But most importantly, the food was phenomenal! The duck was the best I have had and my boyfriend (a finicky eater) loved his steak. The hostess, our server, and the young lady clearing our table were polite, friendly and professional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerGaetanoDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I went to dinner after wine tasting on the North Fork. Attentive staff and delicious food! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJss967Dined on 11/2/2013As always, the food was outstanding and the service was great. Atmosphere is great - it feels like a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal. ServiceGingerDined on 10/30/2013Had a great meal. Service was excellent. Was a quiet night and enjoyed the meal very much.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed.GJVUDined on 10/27/2013There is a 3 crs price fix menu available periodically....very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we finally dined herevivpDined on 10/26/2013we live 30 min away and never tried Jamesport inn. First of all ,the building is a beautifully restored with an attractive dining room and bar. Most importantly, the food was excellent. It was delicious and served at a nice hot temperature, which i was very happy about. the service very nice fine dining service. it is apparently very well run. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceOttimopastoVIPDined on 10/25/2013Was doing a short tour of North Fork wineries and made a reservation for a late lunch on a weekeday. The service was almost nonexistent. The waitress was pleasant but disappeared for long periods of time and we had to keep asking random other staff to find her. Only a few tables had guests that day, so the issue was not that they were busy. The food was good to very good but not outstanding. I would be willing to try again for dinner -- perhaps more effort is put into weekend meals.
- Jamesport Manor was a lovelyGloriaVIPDined on 10/23/2013Jamesport Manor was a lovely place for a nice fall lunch with friends visiting from out of town and country; the lunch menu is very thoughtful and between starters and mains offers quite a variety, without offering too much choice; a tight selection of North Fork wines added to our experience; a lovely afternoon respite with charming ambiance; the heart and soul that went into reproducing this house was evident everywhere, and we appreciated the commitment of the owners who did so; you will too! (PS For some reason (?) OpenTable does NOT award points for the lunch reservation, so booker beware, and go anyway!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as always !!watersideVIPDined on 10/19/2013I have dined at JM many times and have never been disappointed! this visit was also excellent!! the staff here is always very pleasant, professional and accommodating. the meals are always done perfectly, with an innovative flair! will certainly be back !! thank you ~~~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.