Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
9 Maple Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9146836101
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in White Plains hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/whiteplains
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty, a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (45)notable wine list (39)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Morton's is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Morton's is one of our favorite restaurants - the White Plains Morton's is excellent and when we travel we always go to a Morton's if there is one in the area.Special Features:
- Resturant WeekfugazyDined on 3/21/2014My wife and i went for Hudson Valley Resturant Week. Although their special menu for the event provided small portions the food, wine and dessert was delicious. There was the option of the regular menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great SteakSuburbanfoodieDined on 3/21/2014Morton's does steak and it does steak in an excellent manner. You can be assured that your steak will be cooked to the temperature that you have requested and you will be happy- each and every time. We went to Morton's during the Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. The menu was a special one that they developed for the occasion and we were provided with multiple choices for a three course dinner at $29.95. Given the standard prices at Morton's, this was an excellent deal. We were both pleasantly surprised at the portion sizes as well as the selections for the menu. We have been to the restaurant before, and even though this was a special offer, the steak was just as good as it is off of their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent serviceFranPDined on 3/20/2014Had the Restaurant Week Menu. Food was basic but good. Service was friendly and efficient. Made us feel welcome and valued. Think there are better options in the area for a steak dinner.
- Restaurant weekalycalDined on 3/20/2014What a great time all of us had that night! The food was top notch and the menu as well!!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's was disappointingArtistDined on 3/20/2014The waiter was obviously told to push the regular menu, side dishes and drinks. The dinner that was served for restaurant week was sparse so as to need the side dishes to make it complete for an adult. I ordered the filet that was on the restaurant week menu. It said 6 oz, but after cooking it looked more like 4 oz. My husband asked for 8 oz which was still small, but reasonable in size, and had to pay an extra $10 for the extra two oz. Aside from the steak, we were served a soggy salad that was mostly iceberg lettuce and a very small dish of mashed potatoes. The dessert was all right, key lime pie, but the presentation was uninspired.
- Great night outsgcg1Dined on 3/19/2014The food and service was excellent. Just a wonderful evening out with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant, great food,antiquegirlDined on 3/19/2014great restaurant, great food, not your kind of drop in for a meal place if you are on a budget. Save it for special occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry, never againdiznutDined on 3/18/2014Heard they were expensive but thought we would try it during restaurant week. Six of us bought drinks at bar while waiting for our table. Drink prices absolutely ridiculous. $17 martinis and $7 beers during Happy Hour! When waiter found we were ordering off pre-fix menu attitude completely changed. She explained the restaurant week menu was all half size portions and didn't come with side dishes. Portions were small and additional side dishes were $12 each. I think they were half portion sizes too. Salads were OK, entrées were OK, nothing special and deserts were boring. Been to other "Restaurant Week" restaurants and they put their best foot forward to get you to come back. I guess Morton's didn't want the return business.
- Excellent!!DanielleDined on 3/18/2014The food was awesome!! My friend & I were cutting up our filet into small pieces because we didn't want it to end!!Special Features:
- absolutely loved the food!new2thisDined on 3/17/2014absolutely loved the food! went for restaurant week, i got the salmon and my boyfriend got the filet and we said it was probably in the top 10 that we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good intro to fine dininganneguisinherbaDined on 3/16/2014Brought my 14-year-old son, who is already envisioning himself there with a date.Special Features:
- Great Experience overallJOHNLVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great drinks, food, service, wine list. Knowledgable staff, not rushed, Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceElyseDined on 3/15/2014Corey was our waiter and he was exceptional. He was informative without being pushy, whcih we really appreciate. It was my birthday so they printed my menu with "Happy Birthday" on top, included dessert, and took a memorable picture for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal, a nice ambience2michyDined on 3/14/2014Thought the food was good. The cocktails were perfect. The salads and deserts were nice. We both ordered the filet minion, and it was prepared perfectly. We were surprised to find the coffee weak though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steak house!LoriDined on 3/14/2014Morton's can be counted on for excellent quality aged steak cooked to perfection! They also offer a delicious selection of fresh seasonal seafood. I enjoyed a fabulous rib eye and my companion had the stuffed shrimp. We were both delighted with our selection and did taste each other's dish and concurred. The service was excellent. Tables are nicely separated giving adequate privacy. Decor is tasteful and club like but not too dark. There is a decent size private room for parties. Prices are reasonable for the quality and portions. Always look forward to dining at Morton's.Special Features:
- better than everTSfromNRDined on 3/13/2014This was our second time to Morton's and it was better that I had remembered, and I remembered a delicious, outstanding dinner for my husband's birthday. We went again for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week and had a superb dinner. Everything was perfection. I am not a big steak eater, however, the filet was so tender, juicy, perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly as I ordered it. The maitre'd, waitress, bus boys were all attentive and personable. We can't wait to return. Great dinner!!!Special Features:
- DeliciousJulieDined on 3/12/2014The food was good I wanted to savior every last bite! definitely on the pricey side but understandably soSpecial Features:
- AMAZINOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014I've heard about this restaurant from several people but never had the oportunity to try it, well i am sorry that I waisted time with other places. Mortons is a great place for dining. We where there for restaurant week and the food was spectacular and delicious, the wait staff was great as well. We will definitely go back again, maybe for an upcoming birthday we are having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014Went during restaurant week. Service was very good Had the filet mignon. It was one of the best I've ever had My wife and I had a very good experience and will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!muchluvgoodmealDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed the meal, the service was great. They did not rush us out of the meal. Great experience!Special Features:
- An evening to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Truly a great evening with friends and great food. I am thankful that the service was so accommodating to our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner tonight!MTLMDined on 3/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner as usual and look forward to dining at Morton's White Plains again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceBruceDined on 3/1/2014We seem to do Morton's about once a year. On the expensive side compared to our normal dinners. Wait staff is very attentive. I suppose consistency is good, but when you hear the wait staff give the same speech at each table it it sounds very impersonal and mechanical. We noticed a number of families with young children, they were all well behaved, but it just seemed as not a place we would take our kids on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms birthday dinnerSteakloverrrrDined on 2/17/2014They asked what was the occasion, we told them it was my moms birthday. They brought us two menus with her name at the top that said 'Happy Birthday Olga!!!', with the date on the menu. They brought out our dessert with a candle for her to blow out. They also took a picture of us and had it printed out and framed in less than 10 minutes. The food was amazing, the service was amazing, and the experience couldn't have been better. Overall my mom loved it so I am pleased with that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valetines weekend experience!dre30Dined on 2/15/2014The food was excellent and service was exceptional! I would definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The chocolate cake could have been sweeter and more wet for the amount of time it took to cook (half hour)Special Features:
- Quite the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I visited here last September for our 1 year anniversary. Revisited for valentines day and we had the same host "Sean". He remembered us and that was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's mealgulfjetguyDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for the first time for Valentine's day and w were quite impressed with the food and service. I highly recommend the filet mignon and seafood combo, it was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day Dinner a Major RushLynnDined on 2/14/2014Although I love the food and the service is always very good, my husband and I felt very rushed this past Valentine's Day. I understand that it was a holiday and the place was booked, but for a $220 we spent on dinner, we should not have been pushed out in 45 minutes! No one came by to take our photo (some other couples were photographed) and our waitress did not understand what "no dairy" meant, leaving the chopped eggs off my husband's salad. We had to request that they be added. While I may go back to Morton's in the future, I won't be back for a special occasion day as I felt like we were herded in and out like cattle and the atmosphere was certainly not romantic, but rushed.Special Features:
- Outstanding Customer ExperienceWuckelVIPDined on 2/12/2014We were there for a Birthday dinner. The team was great, they took a picture, which they printed and handed to us with a nice card. They even gave us a personalized menu card. Steaks were awesome and so was the wine. Perfect dinner and a very different customer experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2014The ambience is something that makes Morton's The Steakhouse- special and different- other steak houses are more family oriented and this setting is more intimate and classy, The food was beyound excellent- you deffinatly get your money's worth. The service was exellent and if your going for a special occasion they really do make youi feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we had a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Although we had a reservation we had to wait 10 minutes to get seated. The waitress was wonderful and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Bone-in Ribeye the best withFoodloverVIPDined on 2/1/2014Bone-in Ribeye the best with Horseradish mash. Great Steak with great service. Sean is a great host.Special Features:
- We have two straight veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/31/2014We have two straight very positive experiences at Morton's. This one was highlighted by a superb steak, one of the best that I have ever had. I credit the waiter for recommending it. The oysters in the half shell were large and fresh. We liked our cocktails--we each had a Winter Wonderland--and my wife though the house win was very good. The sole disappointment was the soufflé. It was relatively tasteless.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMelissaVIPDined on 1/24/2014Had a great meal and took our time. Did not feel rushed. Very relaxing and perfect for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - servers need trainingEvanVIPDined on 1/18/2014The evening started off well, albeit the waitress talked me out of the wine I wanted to order, said it was too young and I wouldn’t enjoy it. My soup came to the table warm 10 minutes after everyone received their salad. This seemed to be a constant theme to the evening. Next I ordered a rib-eye with truffle butter. My steak came out from the kitchen with everyone else’s food. When I asked about the flavor of the steak, the waitress said that it is not cooked with truffle butter but it is brought out with the steak. I had already started eating along with the rest of the table and had yet to receive any truffle butter or anyone’s side dishes. They are so disorganized. Thankfully the food was delicious and the company was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for high quality steaksStevenBJDined on 1/18/2014This branch serves one of the best steak among my experience with several Morton's that I have been to. A bit of noisy because full crowd on Saturday night but certainly very family friendly comparing to other Morton's where they are more for business and decor is more formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and greatFoodloverVIPDined on 1/17/2014Always great food and great service. Sean the manager is very attentive to customer needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulfreckelsDined on 1/12/2014I'm a steakhouse gropie so I've tried many steakhouses. BEST STEAK EVER! The service was wonderful and we were seated without a wait even though they were very busy. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.