283 Causeway Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.filipporistorante.com/
- Phone: 617-742-4143
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thurs: 11:30am - 10:00pm Fri - Sat: 11:30am - 10:30pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Filippo Frattaroli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Filippo's will cater event from small parties to large. Our specialities include catering rustic dishes for the ultimate Italian experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Filippo functions, on the second floor, is our spacious and formal function facility. We have two beautifully appointed dining rooms to accommodate groups from 25 to 230 guests.
- Special Events: Each time you visit Filippo Ristorante or Ristorante Lucia, leave us your buisiness card. Each time you visit us you are entered to win a one week stay at our bed and breakfast in Sulmona, Italy! The drawing will be at the end of the year!
A word from Filippo Ristorante
Filippo Ristorante, conveniently located on the first floor, is our cozy and informal restaurant. We serve classic, as well as innovative, Italian dishes with a focus on the Abruzzo region of Italy. Take a tour of Italy and still be in time for the game (Celtics and Bruins)! For classic Italian dinning from the 20 regions of Italy; the Frattaroli family, owners of Ristorante Lucia, is proud to introduce Filippo Ristorante!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Filippo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- It appears that this longLyzaVIPDined on 3/9/2013It appears that this long staple restaurant of the North End is ready to shut their doors. We visited on a Saturday evening and had a reservation for 8pm. When we entered, only one other couple was dining. That didn't give us a good feeling. We specifically chose Filippo's because we had dined there previously, (five years ago) and still remembered one of their regional specialities, three pastas baked in a pastry crust. Checking the menu on line, this dish was still listed. How disappointing to find that though it was on the menu, the restaurant no longer prepares this dish. Our unfriendly server just muttered a response when questioned. Our caprese salad was merely a sliced tomato, topped with a slice of mozzarella sans seasoning.
- You really get a feel forluvgoodflavorsVIPDined on 3/3/2013You really get a feel for the North End and Italian American history when you enter Filippos. Lots of fun. We were there just before a Bruins game and it was so crowded but the servers were cheerful and attentive. The calamari fritti was amazing. Nice place for out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great food and great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and great service, literally a little piece of Italy in the north endSpecial Features:
- Liquor prices were high. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2013Liquor prices were high. Food was only fair. Wait staff forgot us. Had to ask for things we should have had several times
- Traditional Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/3/2013Filippo always delivers high quality Italian fare and excellent service. Would recommend to anyone looking for a classic Italian restaurant and looking for a fabulous experience in Boston's North End!Special Features:
- Always had a delightful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/16/2013Always had a delightful meal at this restaurant. Meal was perfect on a busy Boston Garden night.Special Features:
- Very affordable, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Very affordable, delicious food, nice decor, great service!Special Features:
- Great Service and Food ...KenCVIPDined on 12/31/2012Great Service and Food ... We had a private room, which was great.... staff couldn't have been more friendly ... Outstanding go-to placeSpecial Features:
- Food was good, portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012Food was good, portion size good as well however service had much to be desired. The host that seated us had no personality and did not make us feel welcome at all, there seemed to be one waiter and when our party asked for water it seemed as if we were disturbing him! The overall experience was not good and with so many other great restaurants in the area we will be returning. Very poor customer service!
- This was my second time atJeffK1969Dined on 11/24/2012This was my second time at the restaurant. On my first visit, the food was a delight, tasty and authentic. This last visit disappointed, I felt like the food was slopped on the plates and bland.
- we thought the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2012we thought the food and service was exceptionable. Would definately go there again.Special Features:
- Recently went to Fillipo forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2012Recently went to Fillipo for a birthday. Serivce started out very well, we all ordered similar dishes which came out extremely fast. But our experience went down from there, our meals can out and we -ok. The chicken portion on my chicken Parmesan was quite large, but came with a side of 10 or less pieces of ziti which was cold. We went to pay the bill and since it was for a birthday we were all paying separate we just asked to split it but they told us they couldn't and with a bunch of confusion they finally took out payment. Paying for the food took longer than the meal. The decor was a dated, it had a funny sent . We won't be returning, there are plenty of other options in the north end that we could get our monies worth.
- The staff, food, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2012The staff, food, and atmosphere were just excellent. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- Went there before a celticsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Went there before a celtics game. Food was on par with other Italian restaurants in the area. They were not that busy so we were able to get to the game on time.
- Excellent!!CC10Dined on 10/25/2012The food was absolutely delicious. We had a wonderful server named Lou Lou! She was fantastic. Absolutely delightful experience.Special Features:
- Food was amazing with largeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Food was amazing with large portions and great flavor. Meats were melt-in-your-mouth good, pastas cooked to perfection and seafood was fresh and delicious. No kids menu and no help in choosing items for kids, but with a little creativity on our part, worked out fine. Great for couples, families, friends getting together, comfortable setting to accommodate all. Will return and highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- This place was in it's heydayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2012This place was in it's heyday in the late 1980's and 90's and does not wear it well. The food was okay, but it lacked in flavor and originality. The chicken dishes were overcooked (as was the pasta). Fast service as the place was empty. Walking in to the center of the North End and seeing people waiting on lines to get into more modern eateries made me regret making the reservation just to save a buck. I can't see how they're turning a profit?
- Great and close to the garden!!jojo4092Dined on 9/4/2012Went before a concert at TD BankNorth Garden and the food was great. So close to the garden and parking is right there as well. Pasta was homemade and excellent.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2012The senior citizen waiter we had made us feel like we were a burden. I never complain about food or service but this place was pretty bad in both departments. The food wasn't even that good but we could have stomached it if it wasn't for the miserable waiter.
- Lots of Bad reviews on Yelp,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2012Lots of Bad reviews on Yelp, so bad I was a little scared to go to this place. I can tell you the food was outstanding. I have now been twice in the last month. Our waiter was from Italy and was very personable.
- Excellent food and service;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Excellent food and service; our waiter was authentic and very hospitable. Will plan to return next time we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Wayyyyy past its primeJohnGDined on 8/11/2012We selected Filippo for dinner because it was one of the highest rated in our timeslot, $$ pricing and had seating for 11. I guess they had room for a group that size since not many people dine there anymore. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. Portions were generous. The servers were nice but clumsy with the wine. Not much personality and just going through the motions. The bar seemed to be active with patrons that came often. I would suggest staying closer to Hanover Street where the action seems to be.
- Great food for moderate prices.NorthEnddinerDined on 8/10/2012Great food for moderate prices. Great for people watching as they head towards the North End or TJ Garden.Special Features:
- Stopped at Fillippo beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2012Stopped at Fillippo before Aerosmith concert. Delicious meal fun atmosphere . especially at the bar. Nicole the bartender/waitress was amazing and fun! Recommend highly!Special Features:
- The service could have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2012The service could have been better. I felt like they needed to employ additional waitstaff. The food was great but I found it odd that they were completely out of dessert at 6 p.m.
- First time at Fillipos andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2012First time at Fillipos and the food and atmosphere were very enjoyable. We usually go to Luccia's in Winchester, which is also very good, but this time we chose Fillipos.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012The food was excellent, the kitchen sent food out very quickly. Servers were a little slow but it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Waiter was DEAD, no your welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2012Waiter was DEAD, no your welcome when you say thanks He should have stayed in bed!
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/7/2012The service was great and we all had great dinners.Special Features:
- North end near tD BankDon2Dined on 4/6/2012Waitress was excellent -always on top if things. Dinner was served with resonable preparation time. Overall good service and dinner.Special Features:
- Great spot to eat before an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012This Italian family-owned spot is a short walk up Causeway street from the Garden. We dined there on a Monday night, when they are normally closed but did open for a concert at the Garden. The service was friendly and attentive, and the kitchen shined. Fresh calamari in a light batter was hot and tasty, and entrees were mostly old standards with some great specials, all done very well with high-quality ingredients. Food and overall experience were close to some of the high-end Italian eateries on Hanover Street at much more reasonable prices. Proximity makes it a perfect pre-event dining choice.Special Features:
- Highly recommended. LikeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2012Highly recommended. Like the menu options - love the veal. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Meh. Totally meh. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2012Meh. Totally meh. Food was pretty good, but the service was horrible -- both slow, and rude. Also, stay away from the house wine.
- Ehh, OK for a quick bite.KG535Dined on 3/11/2012This restaurant was good. I wanted it to be better. Our server was amazing, and she helped the rating. It was quick, which was important because we were attending a concert at the Garden. The Lobster Ravioli's sounded great, but didn't taste great. My husband's meal was awesome (I can't remember what it was now), and the cheese soup was amazing. This place really isn't up to North End standards though. I wish we went to Nebo.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The food was delicious and the restaurant itself is cute and pleasant. The wine by the glass was mediocre. Our waiter was hilarious. I couldn't tell if he was being rude to me or funny with me. We had to flag down the waiter any time we wanted anything.Special Features:
- Poor experienceFood13Dined on 3/10/2012The waiter had a major attitude. Food was decent but service was poor!
- Old Gem in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2012Lulu, our server was just great. My wife had the dinner special veal chop, it was superb. I had a seafood dish with salmon, mussels, shrimp calamari over linguini....it was fantastic. Plenty of large shrimp could not finish. The restaurant has been around for years, an old fashion north end gem, absence of the upscale eateries located in the area...but it's a good thing. Great food, great service!!!Special Features:
- Have been coming to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2012Have been coming to this restaurant and it's sister restaurant in Winchester for many, many years and feel like the quality of the food and menu options have declined. Very disappointed since this had always been one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- I had been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012I had been here a few times before and had a better experience then. The wine was overpriced and the waitress didn't allow us to taste first. The food was out in less than 10 minutes which leads me to believe it was prepared prior and just heated up which isn't appetizing. As soon as we finished, the waitress dropped the check and kept coming back to see if we'd paid, even though we hadn't even finished our wine. We felt rushed although we were the only ones in there. I was hoping for a great, romantic Valentine's Day dinner but was let down.Special Features:
- Cozy and Convenient Place to SubwayworkinggalslunchDined on 2/7/2012Enjoyed our evening. Had nice waitress "Lulu" who made us feel right at home. Food, prices and services were good. Wine prices a little high ($9.00 glass for house). I liked that it was near North Station as our group of four all came in on the MBTA and it was convenient. We were seated in a roomy booth and in a cozy room with a map of Italy on the ceiling and lots of Italian ambiance (very homey. We were not "rushed" at all so good place to go if want to do a lot of talking and sharing over dinner.Special Features: