Mason's - Easton
22 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mason's - Easton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masonsgourmet.com/
- Phone: 4108223204
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Mason's offers full-service catering that's customized to fit your needs and gourmet food for pickup or delivery. Please call the restaurant to schedule a no-charge consultation for your event or to place your order.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Pierre Nuthall 410-822-3204
A word from Mason's - Easton
Comfortably sophisticated, Mason’s has earned its reputation as one of the region’s finest restaurants since our debut in 1966. At Mason’s, summertime means starry evenings in our garden courtyard, gently dazzling with twinkling lights and fragrant Eastern Shore breezes. Come fall, our refined comfort food is best enjoyed fireside in the crimson dining room or at the casually elegant mahogany bar. But don’t let the seasons dictate when your love affair with us begins—or continues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mason's - Easton - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mason's - Easton reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great RestaurantSusieDined on 7/30/2013This is definitely a favorite restaurant of mine! The atmosphere, the food, and the staff are wonderful. Always look forward to coming back. Matt Mason and his family have built a wonderful and relaxing establishment for all to enjoy. Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mason's in EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013The dinner was fabulous. The best crab cakes I have eaten in a long time. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We truly enjoyed our eveningHattrick8Dined on 7/26/2013We truly enjoyed our evening at Mason's. The outdoor dining space was lovely and the pleasant weather added greatly to our experience. Four different entrees were served. Each of us thought their own meal was outstanding. We would certainly recommend Mason's in Easton, Maryland..Special Features:
- Well worth the trip to EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013Recently we have been disappointed by some of our favorite restaurants, but our third trip to Mason's was even better than the two previous very good dining experiences. The wine list was relatively extensive, including several moderately priced items. All aspects of the meal were truly great: appetizer, entrees, and dessert. The fish special was probably the best halibut we had ever eaten. Even the breads were uniquely good. If you are ever in the area of Easton, MD, Mason's is a must. For us, the experience was even made better by the nearly hundred mile, very scenic (northern route, not the Bay Bridge) drive from Bel Air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownJon3333Dined on 7/26/2013Easton's best restaurant for a long time. Very friendly help and greeters. Excellent menu that changes often enough to be interesting (hot pastrami with egg salad!!!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendly!!ElizabethDined on 7/23/2013Butter noodles and grilled cheese are not enough choices for kids!! I'd suggest a kid cheeseburger and chicken nuggets....
- Good TimePaulDined on 7/20/2013It was our first time at Mason's and we were very much satisfied with everything. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistent in food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Very consistent in food and service; pleasant atmosphere; really tops.Special Features:
- Best food in EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2013I have never been disappointed with the food. Everything is fresh and appealing. We (five old friends) were seated on the bar side because the restaurant was packed at lunchtime. It was a tad noisy (okay, we ladies added to the noise) but the server was terrific and we never felt rushed. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2013Locals and visitors know that Masons has some of the best food and wine on the Eastern Shore. The great menu is only made better by a fantastic desert case and a huge selection of chocolates. Masons has a hip, modern atmosphere and on a nice day enjoys dining on the porch or outside patio. Here's a clue don't sit upstairs. It feels isolated and you don't get the vibe.. When you make reservations ask for downstairs seating (or outside). Easton is lucky to have many fine places to eat - Masons is one of the best.Special Features:
- Lovely PatioMmfdcVIPDined on 7/3/2013Charming for lunch or dinner - always good duly specials and very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mason's is in an old houseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2013Mason's is in an old house and there are several rooms with different kinds of ambience. The bar area looked inviting but as we were there for lunch, the room overlooking the outdoor garden was our choice. It was noisier than we would have liked because of all the wood surfaces. We had the Marinated beef salad which had fresh grilled to order slices of beef, and a very good combination of greens, bacon, avocado, and tomatoes with a tasty dressing. The wine was reasonably priced and the glass ordered was an ample serving. We would go there again. The garden looked very inviting but it was a very hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013We have always liked Mason's. The food and service have usually been consistently good, but our latest experience was very disappointing. The menu seemed to be more limited than we remember. The Caesar salad was pretty ordinary, the dressing more like bottled dressing. The fish of the day (halibut) was excellent. Steak was average. Chose Mason's to entertain out of town guests, but probably would not do it again.
- We have gone to Mason's forjsmardonVIPDined on 6/15/2013We have gone to Mason's for the past 3 years for our anniversary and this trip was a little dissapointing. The ceasar salad had no flavor, my husband said his dinner was not the best. I had the lobster and that was very good. The desert was dissapointing not really what I invisioned from the description on the menu.
- Keep ReturningBarbieDined on 6/15/2013Have visited Mason's several times, great for lunch or dinner - food always good, service terrific & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Mason's EastonsuelilDined on 6/12/2013It was our first time to visit your restaurant. The hostesses were excellent and recommended that we walk around and see the shops while waiting for our daughter to arrive. The shops in your area are quite nice, and have a better quality that St. Michael's. Your food was a class act, therefore, you must have a good chef!! Other than the waitress forgetting the change in our order, everything was really good. She appologized, but my poor daughter, whose birthday we were celebrating, was starving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2013My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with another dinner at Mason's. The service, food, and drinks were all exceptional. We love dining on the front porch on an early summer evening. We've had several fantastic dinners at Mason's and this one was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningHappy2returnDined on 5/25/2013Our recent trip to Masons was thoroughly enjoyable. The upstairs room was very quiet and comfortable (plenty of room between tables) You didn't feel like you were eavesdropping or being listened too. The downstairs, upon leaving was considerably louder-(maybe more energetic).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and comfortable.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2013Consistent and comfortable. Great staff and involved proprietor. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service :(OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2013I enjoyed the food, but was disappointed in the service my friend and I received. Once seated, I found the bistro tables near the bar very uncomfortable. I immediately asked the hostess to switch tables, but she said the other tables were taken by other reservations. I had a reservation as well so it was unclear as to why I couldn’t be seated at another table where guests hadn’t been seated yet. The waitress did not tend to the table as well as we waited a long time for refills on water/soda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedbigdon68Dined on 5/3/2013Everything was fine until dessert. Service got worse as the meal went on. I put my credit card on the table to signal I was ready for my bill and the hostess finally took my card. She brought the slip for the total but did not bring me a breakdown of the expenses. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SharifoodieDined on 4/25/2013Been going to Mason's for 9 years! Always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mason's was an oasis, a getOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Mason's was an oasis, a get away from the pressures of work for an hour or so. It was quiet and relaxing. The food is always good. I got the classic BLT but there was a twist with this one. It was made with fried green tomatos and advocato mayo. Delicious. A friend got the chicken salad platter with fruit and pasta salad. She raved about it. The plate was like a painting because it was so colorful.The courtyard is very pleasant too. Wish I could go there everyday. If you haven't tried it your missing something great.Special Features:
- We were a loud and confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We were a loud and confused group. The waitress was outstanding! She was so patient and pleasant! We tipped her pretty well but I'll never forget how great she was and I'd go back in a minute just because of her.Special Features:
- Masons is a memorable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Masons is a memorable experience. The food is excellent, beautifully presented and while not inexpensive, quite reasonable for the quality. The service is friendly, efficient and not intrusive. An A plus dining experience!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service,RetiredDined on 4/5/2013Great food, excellent service, not rushed at all, able to sit and talk with friendsSpecial Features:
- I travel to the Easton areasassyVIPDined on 4/4/2013I travel to the Easton area twice a year and have always looked forward to eating at Mason's. I usually eat at least one dinner and one lunch there on these visits - sometimes I plan to go to dinner twice during my stay! BUT this time it was a bad experience. I later heard that there is a new chef. It was very obvious from the meal I had! The food was bland and so tasteless that I had to add table salt and pepper (something I never do). Some of the food tasted so bad that I just didn't even eat it! It will be a long time before I am tempted to return - which makes me sad since it had been my favorite eastern shore dining venue! It was heart breaking to spend $50 per person on bad food which we could not eat!Special Features:
- as ever excellent dining event,HughVIPDined on 3/28/2013as ever excellent dining event, American standards on the menu and old style courtesy and serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!BambiDined on 3/19/2013Food was excellent. Service very good and friendly. Excellent choice for both lunch and dinner! Outside seating is great in the summer monthsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful time. The foodMrFoodVIPDined on 3/12/2013Wonderful time. The food was superb as was our server, April She made a delightful evening even more so.Special Features:
- The food at Mason's is alwaysmumseyDined on 2/22/2013The food at Mason's is always excellent. For dessert, I would suggest doing what I do - ask your server to get you a 1/4 pound of dark chocolate almond bark from the candy section - perfect end to a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Love Mason'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2013We found Mason's while staying in Cambridge at a B&B. Tremendously enjoyed the location of it in a very old house. Since then we will drive an hour from home to have lunch there. Food and service is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem! CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Great neighborhood gem! Close to the Avalon Theater which is very nice.Special Features:
- A not so great night for aIslandgourmet7Dined on 2/14/2013A not so great night for a restaurant that has been a favorite. Perhaps they were off their game because it was Valentine's Day and a special menu in addition to a somewhat limited regular menu. Would still go back and would recommend Mason's but a disappointment this time.
- My husband and I had our Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I had our Valentine's dinner here and our meal was very good. My husband will never share my calamari, but it was so good here that he actually ate half of it. He is a steak lover and rated his ribeye as one of the top three he had ever had. The bread served before the meal was exceptional and the White Russian was perfect!Special Features:
- Mason's had a menu for almostMaryLowDined on 2/12/2013Mason's had a menu for almost everyone with interesting specials - how about delicious meat loaf or arctic char with 10 vegetables? Also, fresh oysters on the half-shell and desserts that taste as good as they look - the carrot cake is the best we've ever had!Special Features:
- Food was not up to par!! ToojackVIPDined on 2/9/2013Food was not up to par!! Too much salt and garlic in everything.
- Mason's is a wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Mason's is a wonderful find in the beautiful eastern shore town of Easton, MD. With food that equals the best the big cities have to offer, the ambience, varied menu, price range (from very affordable to mid-price), all argue to make Mason's worthy itself of a trip to the mid-shore. It's uniqueness is enhanced by the fact that it is also a chocolatiere of the first note. It's a "can't miss" place.Special Features:
- The new chef's menu and pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2013The new chef's menu and pricing is great. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Very friendly service tonight.lesnomadesVIPDined on 1/26/2013Very friendly service tonight. Always enjoy dining at Masons.Special Features: