Mason's - Easton
22 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mason's - Easton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masonsgourmet.com/
- Phone: 4108223204
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Mason's offers full-service catering that's customized to fit your needs and gourmet food for pickup or delivery. Please call the restaurant to schedule a no-charge consultation for your event or to place your order.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Pierre Nuthall 410-822-3204
A word from Mason's - Easton
Comfortably sophisticated, Mason’s has earned its reputation as one of the region’s finest restaurants since our debut in 1966. At Mason’s, summertime means starry evenings in our garden courtyard, gently dazzling with twinkling lights and fragrant Eastern Shore breezes. Come fall, our refined comfort food is best enjoyed fireside in the crimson dining room or at the casually elegant mahogany bar. But don’t let the seasons dictate when your love affair with us begins—or continues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mason's - Easton - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mason's - Easton reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Top-notch diningEaterDined on 2/21/2014Although my husband has dined at Mason's several times in the past, this was my first experience. What a treat! The food was outstanding. I really recommend the char. My husband had the scallops and lobster risotto and said they were the best he had ever eaten. Our server was very attentive but unobtrusive. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Could have been a 5 starMickeyDined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent service was lax they put us up stairs in the middle of the room felt awkward. Never received bread u til we asked then it didn't come till after we received our meal.stesk was great a little on the cSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great Valentine's Day Dinner. Food is always consistent. and good.Special Features:
- Special Valentine EveningpiggypiggyDined on 2/14/2014We along with our best friends enjoyed a lovely Valentine evening. Good food, good atmosphere, good service and an excellent dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MasonsHughVIPDined on 2/14/2014We got to Oxford quite regularly from DC and always stop in at Masons in Eastern on the way up, always great.Special Features:
- Favorite dining spotHowdDined on 2/11/2014Mason's is my favorite restaurant, to which I have referred many people, both friends and tourists, over the years. The food is consistently good, and so is the service. Matt Mason, the owner, runs a superb operation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this PlacecountMEinDined on 2/6/2014Whenever I visit my dear friend on Eastern Shore we ALWAYS go to Masons before shopping, etc. Food is outstanding as is ice tea & very friendly service. There is never anyone rushing you so others can be seated. Soup of the Day always delicious. Wish we had a Masons in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2014Really enjoyed the special beef tenderloin with foie gras and berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRetiredDined on 1/10/2014Ordered the Artisanal Salad:Grapes, dried apples, dried cherries, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, gala apple vinaigrette..deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still THE place in Easton!chrichDined on 1/2/2014No trip to the Eastern Shore is complete without a visit to Mason's. Appetizers, entrees, wine, local charm are all great. Needs music to offset the low level dining noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatHughVIPDined on 12/30/2013We take the familly to Masons 4 or 5 times a year summer or winter, always great, service always top knotchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Solid Food and lots of choicesoenomanVIPDined on 12/27/2013We enjoyed our meal at Masons. Pretty wide selection with full menu and bar selections available in the entire restaurant. Seating in our area, directly behind the hostess station was a bit cramped. Overall a good experience. Great Short Rib hamburger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodlocalfriendDined on 12/24/2013Mason's is a staple in Easton and they do not disappoint. Consistently good, open when others close, a perennial favoriteSpecial Features:
- Mostly good, some OKIrishNurse27Dined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed visiting the charming town of Easton and OK dinner at Mason's. With a few small changes it could have been a lot better. Iceberg lettuce in a Caesar salad was disappointing, and they were out of (didn't stock?) the Scotch my guests looked forward to on bar menu. People were pleasant but several staff noted they were short-staffed which may explain why different people came to the table for each "chore" - taking order, clearing plates etc. Maybe an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main dishes need improvementEaston2013Dined on 12/10/2013Very nice atmosphere.. The fish and chips were not tasty..2 people ordered it and neither liked their dinner. The crab cake (dinner) was good but without the cream sauce on the bottom, it would have been too dry to eat. Prices did not match the food expectations..Special Features:
- 50th wedding celebrationJanetDined on 12/7/2013We took some friends out for their 50th wedding anniversary, traveled about 45 miles to get to Easton and Mason's. Overall it was average. Upon arriving the hostess, pointed to a table for us to sit at, not very welcoming. The service, after the orders were taken was slow. The food was uneven. My husband and I both ordered the short ribs, his was tender and moist, mine was tough and dry. Desserts were also uneven, three were ordered for the table, only one could be viewed as really good, one fair and one poor. The creme brûlée lacked flavor, except for cloying sweetness, and the crust had an off-putting texture. I would dine here on occasion if I lived nearby, but I would not use it for a special occasion, it was just not that special.
- Not up to expectationsKSdinerVIPDined on 11/23/2013Service was brusque and ultra-fast. Special soup was average but served with very large plate but small soup portion - kind of funny. Three scallops for $34 - are you kidding me - I've had appetizers with more scallop for less than half the price. The "jumbo lump" crabcake (seems like all restaurants say "jumbo lump" but few deliver) was mostly shredded crab. Not good for an Eastern Shore upscale restaurant. We won't be back, as we think there are better places to dine in Easton.
- never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2013Six friends met for lunch on Monday. We had a marvelous time. We were given a sunny, quiet room on the second floor where we were treated to a varied and interesting menu. Everyone liked what they ordered which we thought was better than you could reasonably expect. Special mention needs to be extended to the service. Our wait staff went above and beyond to keep us happy even though they had to bound up and down those stairs. All of us are local and visit Masons regularly and seem never to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Disappointingpfc48Dined on 11/9/2013We have been regular diners at Mason's for about 7 years. I was disappointed this year in our experience. Granted, it was the Saturday of Waterfowl weekend in Easton. However, we had made reservations some three weeks in advance and yet were seated in the noisy bar area. The restaurant was very crowded due to the special weekend. I had the Arctic Char which is normally a mild tasting fish. My serving was very strong, almost fishy tasting. My wife had the meatloaf. It was spicier than the last time we had it and a bit of a disappointment. We will go back again for dinner on our next visit to the Eastern Shore recognizing this was somewhat of an abnormal situation. However, on this trip we were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let you downOxfordianDined on 11/7/2013I have eaten at Masons many times and can always rely on a good meal. Interesting menu and specials. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Excellent lunch spotAj21801Dined on 11/1/2013The sandwiches here are great and the country soup is worth the 45 minute drive for us. The food is pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6 and everyoneeat2muchDined on 10/30/2013We were a group of 6 and everyone said their food was very good. The room was chatty, but that was good for us as we were celebrating birthdays and may have been a little noisy at times but the room seemed to absorb it all. We had a great long lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For LunchTalbot2Dined on 10/25/2013Varied menu. Great food. Reasonably priced. Efficient and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddashVIPDined on 10/19/2013For a second time in this month Mason's service was terrible. What a disappointment from what has long been a favorite restaurant.
- Outstanding RestaurantsDroosendaalDined on 10/10/2013I had a working lunch at Mason's and requested quiet area of the restaurant so we could work. I was there for hours with my colleague. The staff was incredibly accommodating. The food was outstanding (terrific salad). This is on my top ten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceGrifoniDined on 10/5/2013Three of us had a Saturday dinner at Mason's and everyone was very happy with their selections and the attending service. The food was prepared and presented well. The service was very good - not overbearing, but yet attentive. All in all a very enjoyable evening and I would not hesitiate to recommend Mason's. I expect I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never can go wrongOxfordianDined on 10/2/2013I have eaten at Mason's for years and they are consistently good. I never wonder if I will have a good meal because it always is. The menu changes and offers a wonderful selection. . Service is excellent and they are very accommodating. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for All OccasionsDenverDined on 10/1/2013We enjoyed the outdoor dinning for my wife's birthday. Lobster bisque and Ahi tuna for appetizers were excellent. Dinner was poached lobster and a fillet of beef. These were also excellent. Chocolate truffle for desert with coffee. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. Wonderful evening would recommend and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddashVIPDined on 9/28/2013We eat at Mason's often but were very disappointed at our dinner on 9/28, which was, unfortunately, a special occasion. The service was extremely slow and inattentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mine was great. Hers, not so much.JohnnyJoeDined on 9/27/2013The wine list is significant and very reasonably priced. Our appetizers were what we desired. My wife loves a Caesar's salad with fresh anchovies, and I had a delicious lobster bisque with significant pieces of lobster in it. We washed that down with a Seghesio 2010 Zinfandel. So far, so good. And then, I had Pan-fried Salmon over small veggies. The salmon was deliciously prepared and sat nicely on the veggies. The wife had an interesting Eastern Shore thing that included a soft-shell crab and a piece of pork over mac and cheese with pancetta. The soft-shell crab was supple and large. The mac and cheese with the pancetta was delicious, but the pork was dry and hard. Ouch. So, Mason's got it almost great....but not quite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chicken salad!RetiredDined on 9/16/2013Great place to go..good food..can relax with friends ...good service...the chicken salad sandwich was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My take on Mason'sBarbieDined on 9/7/2013As usual, service and food were excellent. Was a pleasant day so my daughter and I opted to eat on the patio. Was great to be outdoors (although inside was always good). Shrimp salad I had was not only tasty but plentiful portion. Daughter enjoyed mushroom/truffle soup and crabcake. Cheers to Mason's, always a pleasant stop in Easton!Special Features:
- Mason's Bill's birthdayDeedeedinerDined on 9/5/2013Had Rez for 1:00 p, waited 10 min and had to settle for inside. Kitchen backed up and food and beverages took a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice atmosphere. I reallyPepperDined on 9/4/2013Very nice atmosphere. I really like the physical appearance of the restaurant. Food was only ok--disappointing that food wasn't better for the price as it's not cheap. Must be one of the few places left in the world without free soda refills--and they don't tell you and it is not like they give you a very big glass. So it is worth going for the atmsophere more than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish the food marched the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013This is a neat place for both garden dining, eating on the porch, or inside. A great plus, is that the bar menu is also available in the dining areas. The food however needs improvement. Sometimes basic is best, and except for the bar menu, everything else seems a bit complex. The soft shell crabs we're smaller than typically served and the taste and preparation is exceeded by many lesser priced ordinary restaurants. Service as "frosty"' something we had never experienced at Mason's on previous visits. Lunch is preferable to dinner if only because it represents a much greater value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Disappointment Eating ThereAppleVIPDined on 8/9/2013We always, when in the area, choose Mason's because my wife loves the chicken pot pie, and I love many of the items on the dinner menu. Well, there's a new chef, and no chicken pot pie or any of the other items we loved. Instead, we ordered the poached lobster ($32), which was tough, miniscule, and barely more than an appetizer. We order soup first, and it took twenty minutes to get to us. We did return for lunch a few days later, and our experience was much more positive.
- A very good restaurant. ModestHankDined on 8/8/2013A very good restaurant. Modest menu but food and service are excellent. Seafood dishes are particularly notable. Presentation is artistic; prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityGeneVIPDined on 8/3/2013Been there many times for dinner and lunch. Menu is always interesting and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- The total packageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Mason's offered excellence across the board; from service to food a definite recommendation for any event or occasion. Looking for to their famous Tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in downtown EastonBarbieDined on 8/3/2013Keep returning to Mason's each time we happen to be in Easton. Delightful, relaxing atmosphere with good food and service. The shrimp salad is outstanding, along with other dishes we have tried at lunch (and once at dinner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.