Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
284 Amory St
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milkywayjp.com/
- Phone: 6175246060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturdays Only 12 noon to 5 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm - 11pm;
Bar: Sun-Tues 5pm to 11:30 pm, Wed 5pm to 12am, Thurs & Fri 5pm to 1 am, Sat 11am to 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You can rent our semi-private Satellite Room any evening from 5 to 9 pm (with a minimum of 30 guests on Fri and Sat nights) or Saturday afternoons 12 noon to 4 pm, with a capacity of 20-50 guests; or rent our semi-private Satellite Room plus Lounge for 50-80 guests; or rent out the entire restaurant on Sundays from 1 to 5 pm or from 5 to 10 pm (great for weddings!). We offer delicious surprisingly affordable buffet dining options, with either a cash or open bar. All of our party options are available with pricing at milkywayjp.com.
- Private Party Contact: Ana Borras 617-524-3740x14
- Entertainment: The Milky Way Lounge continues its tradition of offering nightly entertainment and fun for the later night crowd, please check our website www.milkywayjp.com for our entertainment calendar.
- Special Events: Host your party in our Satellite Room, it's affordable, fun and easy! All of our party options on our website milkywayjp.com/parties or contact our Event Planner Ana Borras at email@example.com. We can accomodate from 15 to 150 guests, and you can rent our entire restaurant for weddings or special occasions.
- Cross Street: Boylston Street
- Public Transit: We are located just two blocks from the Stonybrook stop on the Orange Line. As you exit the station, turn left on Boylston Street, then at the light turn right onto Amory Street, we are two blocks up on the left at The Brewery, 284 Amory Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are 80 complementary parking spaces at The Brewery adjacent to Bella Luna/Milky Way. Please be aware that the first few spots near Amory Street are fifteen minute parking only. Also please be respectful of our residential neighbors as you depart and avoid honking, slamming doors, and loud conversation, thank you!
A word from Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
Bella Luna Restaurant & The Milky Way Lounge is a community-minded business in the heart of Jamaica Plain that celebrates the great things in life – delicious food and cocktails, American craft beers, music, art, and fun. Our brand new home at The Brewery complex at 284 Amory Street features a warm brick interior with high ceilings, a sparkly red granite u-shaped bar, comfortable booth seating, a spectacular sci-fi inspired lounge, and a dining/function/dance room which opens up onto our spacious outdoor patio under the Haffenreffer smokestack. We use fresh seasonal ingredients to craft Italian/Mediterranean dishes that are delicious and affordable. Along with dinner seven nights a week (with take out and delivery to the 02130 zip code), we are open for lunch Saturdays from 12 noon to 5 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Luna Jamaica Plain reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (27)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (21)late-night find (14)romantic (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, terrible serviceBethDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I came here for an early dinner on Saturday night. On the plus side, it was easy to make reservations (plenty of openings only a few hours prior), we were seated right away, they have a decent beer list, and the food was good. However, the service left something to be desired. Someone (I'm guessing the manager?) came over to fill our waters right away but then we waited a while for our actual waiter to take our drink order. Every table around us got bread and we did not. Our waiter didn't bring us our drinks or our food (another server did that)...not a big deal, but definitely something we noted because the restaurant was not full. And every time we requested something from our waiter, he seemed annoyed or put out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather MehRenniePooDined on 1/23/2014Service was really mediocre, with us having to ask for water refills (when that was all we were drinking and they had bottles to leave on the tables)and getting our appetizer 5 minutes before our entrees without so much as a "whoops." The food was generally mediocre. Not bad, but nothing to rave about. Overall a very "meh" experience.
- A great night out in JPsushifanDined on 1/16/2014The rib eye is delicious--maybe the bacon is the secret, but it is very tasty and was perfectly cooked. so was the asparagus, -- this place does a great job with veggies Mussels and wings also perfectly cooked. previous week, I had scallops -- a disappointment. The menu said "pan seared" but there was no sear on the scallops. decor and the vibe very cool.. My only complaint was that the first table we were offered had full view of the kitchen. Fine when they're busy, but we were one of the first customers. But they were very accommodating about moving us. I had read on Yelp that the service was bad. I totally disagree. I felt the server was accommodating and attentive. Service, food all very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go after workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014A group went after work Friday night for pizza and beer. We had good food, great selection of beer, and it is a fun place. Loud, crowded, but service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress Catherine wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2014Our waitress Catherine was knowledgeable and friendly, she made us feel right at home! We thoroughly enjoyed our dinners ( there were 4 of us). I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- the service was haphazard.cust28Dined on 12/31/2013The wait staff is uninformered at best complasent generally.
- Great spotJasonDined on 12/31/2013Love the look of the building and dining area. Chill atmosphere, nice people, and great food. Steak was choice and cooked to perfection. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerLuv2eatDined on 12/31/2013Enjoyed the NYE pre fixe dinner choices. Food was creatively prepared & yummy. Enjoyed the wine recommendations. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. Enjoyed the warm ambiance. This was our First time at this restaurant. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eclectic flavorsMilton3Dined on 12/31/2013An excellent changing variety of courses in a hip atmosphere with friendly staff. Good family spot early in the evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proof JP has vibrant food offeringsAnneMicheleDined on 12/20/2013Bella Luna is a staple in JP's food scene. With an evolving menu and eclectic setting that draws families, hipsters and empty nesters alike, you can always count on a good meal in a good setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- life experiencebankDined on 12/17/2013Our attendant was Kathleen , very knowlegeable, recomended great dishes and we all enjoyed the 3 or 4 appetizers that she help us to choose. Main entrees were fabolous , the Amory ribeye steak was delicious. Overall it was a great experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Terrible serviceeggyVIPDined on 12/15/2013Have been here before.. As before food is solid, very good, but for some reason service is horrible.! Server takes forever to come to table and order is never correct.. Don't go if you are in a bad mood or a rush but give. Reasonable prices and good food if u go there with correct expectations you won't be too unhappySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2013Love everything about it except for the calamari. It was too heavy. We got the rib eye and burboun braised short ribs. Everything was cooked perfectly except the calamari. Will def come here again!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overall.ChristineGDined on 11/22/2013Great experience overall. Dining in a party of 2, of vegan and one with but allergies; there were choices for everyone. We were even able to split appetizer. I plan to bring my carnivore boyfriend here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing EveningJPDINER426Dined on 11/1/2013Normally, I am a fan of Bella Luna. I suggested to friends that we meet there and our visit was very disappointing. We ordered calamari and a quesadilla for appetizers. The quesadilla arrived charred and we had to send it back. We also ordered sangria, which tasted like licorice, though the drink was a harvest sangria containing apple cider. For entrees we ordered, among other things, the fish sandwich. I have had this sandwich before and enjoyed it. However, this time it was gritty and dull in flavor. Our server was also extremely inattentive. We had to flag her down several times and she never checked in after bringing food or drinks. I will think twice before suggesting to others that we dine at Bella Luna in the future.
- Sister's first time not her last!Localguy2VIPDined on 11/1/2013My sister thoroughly enjoyed the salad and pizza we had. For my wife and I, The Mennino should be available long after he leaves officeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable evening in JPTheTroutDined on 10/26/2013Bella Luna is a great neighborhood spot. A winning combination of tasty, well prepared food and attentive service. We'll be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food sluggish serviceeggyVIPDined on 10/20/2013We had to ask for a waiter to come to our table after sitting there for over 10 minutes. Waiter when he showed was good . Wasn't that busy- there are not enough waiters! Food was great tho so would go backSpecial Features:
- I love this place! It fillsgailDined on 10/16/2013I love this place! It fills the bill when you are going out with vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian and carnivorous friends...there are great choices for everyone. I have been here dozens of times and it always satisfies, brunch or dinner. Make a reservation on week-end nights! My new favorite, cat fish!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem shines in JPkawolfDined on 10/5/2013Bella Luna offers a relaxed atmosphere and informal menu with great choices in salad, pizzas and sandwiches. We found this gem offers not only a great menu and relaxed but attentive service, but also hosts a lively music scene on saturday nights.Special Features:
- fun little hangouteatmoretreatsVIPDined on 10/5/2013The best chicken wings we've had and the calamari was outsranding.Special Features:
- Fun place. I'll go backfuzzballDined on 9/20/2013This is a fun place in a part of a nice neighborhood. It offers an eclectic menu, which means it does a little of everything but nothing exceedingly well. It's a blast and the staff is energetic, the atmosphere is cool and hey, I'd go back, no problem.Special Features:
- Different setting. Very good foodcindwaDined on 9/15/2013Took the advice from others who wrote reviews about Bella Luna, it was very good food (and portions). Enjoyed the food and experience so much took my 80 year old parents (who grew up in the neighborhood as children) and they enjoyed the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2013Went here for dinner with friends. Variety of food for carnivores and vegetarians. Located in a small area of other restaurants by the Stony Brook T StopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricey for what it isKristiVIPDined on 9/12/2013We like the food here especially the gluten free vegan pizzas. unfortunately they are very small and definitely overpriced. Wine list needs better choices as well ESP better Chardonnays and Pinot noirs. Wait staff is usually ok except for outlast 2 experiences our outdoor waiter was NOT Why do we go here? Neighborhood and surrounding area have no other competitive menus with gluten free vegan optionsSpecial Features:
- A pleasant surpriseCarovalVIPDined on 9/6/2013We chose this restaurant based on previous customer reviews and were not disappointed. We went with our two young children who were made to feel welcome, provided with a pot of crayons and invited to draw on the paper tablecloths. The children's menu portions were more than generous, but the main menu portions were perfect. The calamari starter we chose was delicious, especially the slightly spicy sauce. The honey ginger salmon was tasty and the salmon was cooked to perfection but not as honeyed or gingered as the name would have you believe. We all shared the chocolate brownie sundae for dessert ... delicious! All in all, a very nice evening with prompt service and we will certainly eat there again.Special Features:
- Our waitress seemed to haveKaleeaterDined on 8/23/2013Our waitress seemed to have no idea how to multi-task. It took much longer to get our drinks that it should have. However, I think the questionable service wasn't a good overall picture. The friend I was with had been many times and always had competent servers. Still very worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought along a couple ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013Brought along a couple of folks who live in the 'burbs north of the city. They were impressed from start to finish. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Dress up or down!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2013Bella Luna is a great place to meet up with a few friends for pizza and drinks, but the menu and ambience are also fit for celebrating a special occasion with a date or family--a versatile restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as usualdmr2Dined on 7/18/2013I have been to Bella Luna many times and really enjoy the relaxed and pleasant ambiance. We were a work group of 6 and arrived early (5:15) so it was very quiet. We were there for several hours and by 6:30 it was more crowded and lively. We sat outside and the service was a bit slow but acceptable. The food was delicious and the presentation lovely. We had a wonderful time and I would definitely recommend Bella Luna.Special Features:
- Warm, hot setting ...BrezVIPDined on 7/13/2013OK, my kid's broccoli order was forgotten (maybe he took the waitress aside and nixed it when I wasn't looking?) but readily produced when I reminded our waitress. Delivery of bread before the meal seems inconsistent, too. But, the food and final service were incredible, as always. And, as a regular, Open Table customer here it is so great to be recognized immediately and brought right to a great table!Special Features:
- Always love Bella LunaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2013Consistently good and always great service. I love introducing Bella Luna to newbies - my stock rises tremendously!Special Features:
- J.P Favorite!wineNdineDined on 6/25/2013Very diversed and nice ambience and food. Great for any occassion. Outdoor patio. Live nightly entertainment. Favorite place to frequent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funTreefDined on 6/24/2013Bella Luna is a great neighborhood gem. The space is cozy, the food reliable and good pizza!! a sure bet every time.Special Features:
- Bella's is a great local businessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013Bella's is a great local business but the food really is not as good as it was in its early years. It had gone down hill before they left Hyde Square so its been a while. The atmosphere & staff couldn't be better. And ownership is invested in the community so really a great local business. I'll keep going but would go much more often if the food weren't just so-so.
- Roasted Stuffed Avocado - who knew?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013We had a yummy meal on a very warm summer night - just a little too warm for the outdoor tables, which would otherwise have been our preference. But the interior decor quieted any disappointment - colorful and funky. Plus the staff were friendly, there were crayons for the kids (though we brought none with us). The stuffed avocado with quinoa, lentils, tomato sauce with grilled asparagus on the side was excellent and unusual. There were bean burgers, too... a little bland but very healthy feeling! Our friend got the catfish and he thought it was great. There were a few desserts and lots of interesting beers which we did not try. But we did try the watermelon lemonade - yum! Very tasty and not too sweet. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and long wait for foodleburkeDined on 6/9/2013It was just a horrible experience that we will not come back again. It started out fine and we were talking and deciding what we wanted to order. Little did we know that if we didn't put in our order quickly that it would take even longer. We waited for more than an hour for our food to be served. We asked for bread in the meantime and our waiter says he would check to see if there's any left...hello you're a restaurant that serves food you should have it stocked. Anyhoo, when our food was served the buns were cold and not warm so the waiter grabbed with his bare hands the buns and took it back to heat it up. It was just bad altogether. The sad thing is that I really enjoyed our visit the 1st time but not the 2nd and final time.
- We'll definitely be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2013We'll definitely be going back. The space (in a converted brewery) is very well organized with booths, tables, high tops and bar seating, and I love the decor. The noise level was much lower than I would have expected given the (generally young) clientele. All this and the food was very good. We shared a calamari starter and moved on to a grouper special and a scallop/pasta dish - all very good. Finally, the wine list is short but well chosen, there is a good range of beers and a intriguing cocktails list. Fun evening.Special Features:
- Always walked by, but not any moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013My daughter has ballet class in the same location as Bella Luna and I never went in to eat there until family came into town from Italy and wanted to go to my daughters ballet class then dinner. Bella Luna was a GREAT choice and the food, scene, and drinks were very good. Family dinner after ballet class is a must now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun new placePollyDined on 5/24/2013I work in JP and had noticed Bella Luna a few times. My family all went there finally for dinner on a yucky rainy night. It was cozy, quick service and just what we were craving. Casual, cheery and yummy homemade funky pizzas. It is a great spot, We will definitely go there again.Special Features: