Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
284 Amory St
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milkywayjp.com/
- Phone: 6175246060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturdays Only 12 noon to 5 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm - 11pm;
Bar: Sun-Tues 5pm to 11:30 pm, Wed 5pm to 12am, Thurs & Fri 5pm to 1 am, Sat 11am to 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You can rent our semi-private Satellite Room any evening from 5 to 9 pm (with a minimum of 30 guests on Fri and Sat nights) or Saturday afternoons 12 noon to 4 pm, with a capacity of 20-50 guests; or rent our semi-private Satellite Room plus Lounge for 50-80 guests; or rent out the entire restaurant on Sundays from 1 to 5 pm or from 5 to 10 pm (great for weddings!). We offer delicious surprisingly affordable buffet dining options, with either a cash or open bar. All of our party options are available with pricing at milkywayjp.com.
- Private Party Contact: Ana Borras 617-524-3740x14
- Entertainment: The Milky Way Lounge continues its tradition of offering nightly entertainment and fun for the later night crowd, please check our website www.milkywayjp.com for our entertainment calendar.
- Special Events: Host your party in our Satellite Room, it's affordable, fun and easy! All of our party options on our website milkywayjp.com/parties or contact our Event Planner Ana Borras at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accomodate from 15 to 150 guests, and you can rent our entire restaurant for weddings or special occasions.
- Cross Street: Boylston Street
- Public Transit: We are located just two blocks from the Stonybrook stop on the Orange Line. As you exit the station, turn left on Boylston Street, then at the light turn right onto Amory Street, we are two blocks up on the left at The Brewery, 284 Amory Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are 80 complementary parking spaces at The Brewery adjacent to Bella Luna/Milky Way. Please be aware that the first few spots near Amory Street are fifteen minute parking only. Also please be respectful of our residential neighbors as you depart and avoid honking, slamming doors, and loud conversation, thank you!
A word from Bella Luna Jamaica Plain
Bella Luna Restaurant & The Milky Way Lounge is a community-minded business in the heart of Jamaica Plain that celebrates the great things in life – delicious food and cocktails, American craft beers, music, art, and fun. Our brand new home at The Brewery complex at 284 Amory Street features a warm brick interior with high ceilings, a sparkly red granite u-shaped bar, comfortable booth seating, a spectacular sci-fi inspired lounge, and a dining/function/dance room which opens up onto our spacious outdoor patio under the Haffenreffer smokestack. We use fresh seasonal ingredients to craft Italian/Mediterranean dishes that are delicious and affordable. Along with dinner seven nights a week (with take out and delivery to the 02130 zip code), we are open for lunch Saturdays from 12 noon to 5 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Luna Jamaica Plain reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (26)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (15)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- The apps and desserts wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2009The apps and desserts were barely palatable, but the entree was very good. Service was so poor, we were left having to ask for silverware during every coarse. Apparently, only your server is allowed to help you. I made the mistake of asking a busser for a fork. He walked by us three time and we never received a fork. Really? Since it was a busy holiday, we cut the server some slack and tipped 20 percent. Also, we dropped over $100.00 on dinner and were still required to buy and wristband if we wanted to stay and have a drink after. Totally tacky. They should be included. This restaurant is obviously for young people that have never worked in the industry and don't know any better. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Bella Luna / The Milky WayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Bella Luna / The Milky Way is a local favorite of mine. It has a wide range of items to fit any mood, and it has a fun atmosphere, great for a date or a place for an early meal with the kids. We went to Bella Luna for dinner on New Year's Eve and were not disappointed; the food was excellent and reasonably priced. I am a big fan of their butternut squash bisque, their silver moon salad with chicken, the butternut squash ravioli, the 'not your mammas meatballs',and their pizzas. It is a lot of fun to sit at the bar and take in the scene while waiting for a table or eating.Special Features:
- We went for Bella Luna's NewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2009We went for Bella Luna's New Year's Eve special (party of 7), and everything started well -- The warehouse atmosphere was great, this space was beautifully done, the food was excellent, the drinks were well made, and the dining area was pleasant. The service, though, was a major disappointment. We had 3-5 servers, none of whom seemed at all focused on us. No oned brought the advertised "crudites" until we asked (and then not quickly), and the same with the water, then they brought out (after a long wait) cold entrees, mixed up who has what rareness of steak (they had less than no idea), and were incredibly slow trying to fix the mistakes. Insult to injury was adding 20% to the bill, furhter evidence they had no inkling service counts.
- I went on New Years this year,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009I went on New Years this year, and they did a wonderful job hosting, decorating and serving. They had a selection for a three course meal and all were very creative, well presented, tasted great and there was GREAT service.Special Features:
- gluten free pizza is to beOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/27/2009gluten free pizza is to be avoided otherwise, good food--calamari was excellent
- My dining experience at BellaPaulVIPDined on 12/22/2009My dining experience at Bella Luna was just what I expected. Excellent.Special Features:
- Dinner was phenomenal, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2009Dinner was phenomenal, and the service is attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- The service was fairly slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2009The service was fairly slow, especially in being seated, but the food arrived quickly and was excellent.Special Features:
- as always food was very good,mareVIPDined on 12/12/2009as always food was very good, wait staff very helpful and pleasant. music was very loud almost making conversation impossible at times.Special Features:
- We made reservations for 2MoodyFoodieVIPDined on 12/11/2009We made reservations for 2 but had another person join us, we were also running 10 minutes behind schedule, still they were able to seat us as soon as we came in. We were given an excellent table. We felt totally accommodated by our waitperson to share a few things and linger over dinner. Really set the tone for a great weekend. Thank you, Bella Luna :)Special Features:
- Bella Luna is great becauseScratchDined on 12/1/2009Bella Luna is great because it can be so many things to so many people. The food is fresh and healthy, while being tasty and reasonably priced, so it's great for families, but the dark, romantic decor makes it a great place for a date. The service is always friendly and efficient, and their kitchen is open 'til 11 p.m. on weeknights and midnight on weekends! That's a rare find in Boston. When the club is in full swing it can get noisy, so keep an eye on their schedule if that's not your thing.Special Features:
- We two have been fans of BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2009We two have been fans of Bella Luna for 3-4 years with its unique ambiance and decor, friendly staff, interesting menu. Early diners will find the noise level quiet to moderate on week nights; later diners will find the noise level "energetic," especially on weekends. The food is very good to excellent: hearty, plainly but attractively served, with imaginative dishes like grilled onion scapes and baby zucchini, and grilled salmon over risotto with sweet peas. The atmosphere, with its warm colors, low lighting, and intimate seating can be romantic, but active who families who dine at the restaurant can change that.Special Features:
- Very good salmon. The polentaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/28/2009Very good salmon. The polenta lasagna special was bland, however. Enjoyed the creative design of the room and the service.
- Overall good experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2009Overall good experience. The pizza rustico was a bit salty for my taste but my fellow diner loved it so I guess it's just personal taste. Service was fast and friendly, fun atmosphere with the star lighting and colorful walls. I've been there before. I really enjoyed the mussels with chorizo they had on their specials menu and wish they would bring it back as a regular. I would love it if they opened up a location in Malden. Malden needs a place like this.Special Features:
- Bella Luna is a pleasant restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2009Bella Luna is a pleasant restaurant in a brewery. It' s a nice neighborhood spot but with lots of parking so folks outside of Jamaica Plain can drive there and enjoy it, too. The service was terrific--friendly and helpful. The food was OK, nothing exceptional but tasty enough and plentiful. The remaining pizza we took home tasted better the next day. However, I really enjoyed the Cosmito--very tasty.Special Features:
- waitstaff doing double duty,MoodyFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2009waitstaff doing double duty, maybe more are needed?
- A fun, hip spot for good beerMRicherDined on 10/2/2009A fun, hip spot for good beer and food. Not necessarily romantic, but a good spot for a fun date.Special Features:
- bella luna was good in its'mareVIPDined on 9/27/2009bella luna was good in its' old space and is even better in its' new location. i really like that you can now order the pizzas with a thin crust.Special Features:
- amazing service at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2009amazing service at the bar of all places!!! great specials! chicken was amazing!
- funky and upbeat setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/11/2009funky and upbeat setting. great service. delicous pizza. huge portions of salad.Special Features:
- Inside was extremely hot.MaureenHVIPDined on 9/5/2009Inside was extremely hot. Food was decent, though.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2009Food was pretty good, ordered pizza and appetizers. Wine list was acceptable. Only complaint is that we had a reservation but still had to wait about 20 min for our table.Special Features:
- the only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2009the only complaint I have is that it took too long for our initial drinks to be served. the waitress asked for our entree order before we received our drinks...other than that everything was fine...
- the food was fun and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2009the food was fun and delicious. local and fresh. Pizza was great and they had a nice group of other entrees.Special Features:
- Nice new place, first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/26/2009Nice new place, first time we've been there since you moved. THe balsamic honey chicken was outstanding, nice combnation of different flavors. the salmon was very good and the risotto was excellent. glad you're open again and in such a nice environmentSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant and lounge!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2009Great restaurant and lounge! friendly service, excellent food. good prices too!Special Features:
- We really liked the old locationOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/11/2009We really liked the old location but have to say, the new location is nice. Bar could be larger but a overall good feel to the place. Service was not so good... Our server ignored for about 10-15 min and then when he came over, didn't apologize until after taking our order and said "thanks for your patience". He seemed to only be able to do one thing at a time. I would have ordered a 2nd glass of wine but by the time we could get his attention, we had finished.