1123 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutbrewery.com/
- Phone: (303) 447-1345
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am / Thursday - Saturday: 11am - 2am / Happy Hour, Monday - Friday: 3pm - 6pm & 10pm - Close / Happy Hour, Saturday & Sunday: 10pm - Close / Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Bill Cassel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Trivia 10pm Friday Night D.J. 11pm
- Public Transit: Boulder bus terminal is located two blocks east of the Walnut Brewery.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage directly across the street from the restaurant. Parking in the garage is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Meter street parking is also available. Free street parking after 7pm and also on Sunday all day.
A word from Walnut Brewery
Boulder’s Original Brewpub offers seasonal and traditional options for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch alongside award-winning beer brewed on-site. Located a block off Boulder’s historic Pearl Street mall, the Walnut Brewery offers locals and visitors a casual alternative for dining. Ask for a brewery tour, beer sampler, patio seat, or head straight to a table in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice fun spot to have a relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2012Nice fun spot to have a relaxing good dinner and a good local brew with family and friends. Great local spot.Special Features:
- Definitely take a big appetite,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2012Definitely take a big appetite, a regular when we visit the area.Special Features:
- Great brewpub in BoulderMikeHikeEatVIPDined on 2/3/2012We had dinner for 6 on a snowy evening. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and beer. Our waitress was very generous with samples of their beers on tap, which oddly enough made the choice more difficult because several were very good.Special Features:
- If you enjoy Rock Bottom you'llOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/21/2012If you enjoy Rock Bottom you'll love it...same menu and beer selection
- The food and beer are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/30/2011The food and beer are always good here. I especially love the buffalo fajitas!Special Features:
- Great beer, pretty good pubOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Great beer, pretty good pub food selection. Would go here again.
- It's back...the return of a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/3/2011It's back to being one of our favorite casual, group gathering spots after the sterilization which followed the corporate takeover. Thanks to the return of the classic WB beers as well as the friendlier attitude of the staff we will continue to come back. The food was good pub grub and our server was very attentive and efficient although the restaurant was packed. He took care of the kids needs as well as the adults and we had a really nice evening. The front of house staff reserved the exact booth I was hoping for after reading my Open Table request and although we arrived early we were seated immediately even before our entire party had arrived. No hoopla about it at all. Thank you for listening to customer feedback and restoring WBSpecial Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Food hit or miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011The Walnut brewery is a nice big brewpub with a lively atmosphere. The steak and fires and fish tacos were good and the beer was good. The one low point was the appetizer: we ordered the tapas (hummus, tapenade, and tomatoes bruschetta-style with sliced herbed pita), and everything except the hummus was so drowned in sea salt it wasn't edible. After shaking salt off the bread, the pita and hummus was very good, but as a whole it seemed like someone had salted the dish twice before leaving the kitchen. The menu is good and expansive. With so many seats and so much turnover, a little more care in the kitchen is needed.Special Features:
- A lively restaurant suitableCASFDined on 11/11/2011A lively restaurant suitable to groups of all ages. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the menu is simple, unique and can please a group with varied tastes and hunger levels. The buffalo dishes are interesting to out-of-towners and familiar dishes have a unique twist to them. Burgers are great and the macaroni and cheese is yummy with a kick of spice!Special Features:
- New menu since the last timeBikeRider41VIPDined on 8/13/2011New menu since the last time we were there. We were seated promptly at a table but requested a booth when one became available soon. I had the Tuscan chicken, it was good and ample portion. My wife had a sirloin which she liked. Usually we go there after football Games and stay with the burgers. Our waitress was nice and energetic. We will continue to go there, but since there are so many choices in Boulder it may be awhile. My one complaint. They have a beer card program. I lost my card, and still get emails from them. However when asking if theyncould bring up my account, they could not. And they didn't have any new cards to give out.Special Features:
- I have been going to WalnutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2011I have been going to Walnut Brewery since it opened (about 20 years). It has been one of my favorite restaurants and has been a main reason we go to Boulder for dinner. Over the past few months, their quality has dropped dramatically. The switch to "generic" beers rather than their original ones was a very bad move. I will not go back to Walnut Brewery.
- Great for Friday afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2011Great for Friday afternoon happy hour, we loved the ballpark pretzels and red ale. But it was very loud and kind of hot in the restaurant. Our server was friendly and did not rush us to turn the table over during a busy time.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, the best fajitasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011Fantastic food, the best fajitas that I have had. Our server, Brow, was awesome. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Food--and LOTS of it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2011EXCELLENT FOOD! However, keep in mind this is still a sports bar. Not for romantic evenings or special occasions--unless it's that special game you want to see with your buds. Large portions are big enough to share, except for those He-Men appetites. If you have the mashed potatoes, be sure to get the gravey. It's fabulous (if you like southwestern)!Special Features:
- Server was personable andneiltDined on 5/14/2011Server was personable and knowledgeable. Had fun there. Burgers were outstanding, Jambalaya was very good, but needed a little more zip. My fault for not requesting Tabasco.Special Features:
- Always make it a point toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011Always make it a point to eat here. Steak was great, beer ditto, service ditto. My wife did complain that her water glass wasn't refilled. I had no problem. Hope to make it back next time we are in Boulder, one of our favorite cities anywhere. Peter Gerdine Troy, New YorkSpecial Features:
- Good beer, reasonable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/16/2011Good beer, reasonable prices. The food has suffered a bit since they were bought, but overall still decent. Be sure to join the Mug Club, more beer, same price - that's tough to beat (free to join as well).Special Features:
- Not gourmet food, but MUCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011Not gourmet food, but MUCH better than average pub fare at reasonable prices. And pretty darn good beer too!
- Taken over by a chain, menu reducedHunterWVIPDined on 4/9/2011Has slipped since being taken over by a chain. Local favorites have been dropped from the menu, like the wonderful pork chop that brought me back time and again! The menu is now very ordinary and more limited (no vegetarian sandwiches, for instance) That said, the salad with salmon and the steak & fries we had were well prepared and the service was fine.
- Their Burgers are the Best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/26/2011Burgers, burgers, burgers -- no one does them like Walnut Brewery. Try the bison alternative to beef for a slightly tastier and less fatty alternative -- do not pass up the opportunity to try the Bourbonzola burger sauce -- it makes the meal. We can't say enough for the seasonal ales and regular beer offerings. I can't help it but I love the Buffalo Gold the best so please always have that on the menu.Special Features:
- Good food plus fresh beerHamboneDined on 3/20/2011Good food plus fresh beer equals a good time. Nothing spectacular, but solid, basic stuff.Special Features:
- Walnut is a great breweryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2011Walnut is a great brewery and pub. Excellent wait staff. Excellent food with a solid menu. Kids of all ages love it. Always busy after 4 PM. Love going here for regular and special occasions. Their stout and brown on cask are superb.Special Features:
- Excellent service, and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Excellent service, and good food. On valentines day, the reservation was a must do, as we passed many people being told that they had a long wait, and went strait to a table.Special Features:
- Outstanding and polite service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011Outstanding and polite service. Great microbrew beers,ales,and stouts on tap.Special Features:
- I enjoyed Walnut Brewery fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2011I enjoyed Walnut Brewery from the moment we walked in; we were seated quickly, greeted by our waiter quickly & allowed the time we wanted to consider the menu. Our waiter really knew what the dishes were & how they were made; answered our questions well. Food was excellent!! And the variety of the menu satisfied our entire party.Special Features:
- A tale of new ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2010Great pub food and excellent beer. We are big fans of the WB. Our last experience was the first since the new ownership so we were a bit disappointed that the salads are about half the size they were before and far less interesting in terms of ingredients. Please don't take away those features which have made the WB a destination brew pub for so many of locals. The beer club usually means a bigger sized beer -- not so this last time. Our next visit will tell the tale of the new ownership style so do your best to stick to the formula which made us regulars at Walnut Brewery.Special Features:
- The Walnut Brewery is a longJerryBDined on 12/4/2010The Walnut Brewery is a long time favorite of ours. It was very busy due to the Christmas parade downtown, but they had our table reserved and we were seated immediately. That was a welcome surprise. The choice of gluten free entrees was good and the beer was excellent. All in all, a fun place for a casual dinner in BoulderSpecial Features:
- Came for the beer(which isBubbaDined on 12/3/2010Came for the beer(which is great) but the food was delicious! Waiter very helpful and fun!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2010The food was excellent. Our waiter was good...very funny. Overall great experience.
- Very disappointing becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2010Very disappointing because Salmon Fish and Chips no longer available. BAD corporate decision. Overall food was ok but portions were way too big. Beer exceptional.Special Features:
- Had to wait 40 minutes forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2010Had to wait 40 minutes for food, wasn't busy when we arrived. When we tracked down our server my husband asked "what about our food", she said I don't know , do you want me to go check on it" I ordered salad on the side , it didn't arrive like it , it was drenched in dressing, had to send it back.
- The food was really awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2010The food was really awesome. Super tasty. The service was poor. We probably waited 15 minutes after being seated before somebody came to get our drink order. Still a good experience though.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2010The food was excellent and the service was great. On a busy Saturday night we made reservations for the 4 of us and it worked out beautifully. Although this restaurant is hard to have a conversation because of the noise level. Overall, it was a great experience!
- Outstanding lunch specials--bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2010Outstanding lunch specials--best value in Boulder.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010The food was delicious and the wait staff was friendly and competent.Special Features:
- Their micro-beers are outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2010Their micro-beers are outstanding, especially the brown and stout - waitstaff are personable, very efficient, and accommodating. Very solid menu, with something for everyone. Love it.Special Features:
- Always a great beer selection,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2010Always a great beer selection, good food, great atmosphere (especially for those who want to watch sports while dining). The service however is not the greatest. If you're looking to have a low-key meal with a romantic partner or a few friends, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Really a fun dinner placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2010Really a fun dinner place for a group to gather. Start with the huge plate of Nachos and beer. It is noisy and energetic but fun. TVs show sports. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Reliably good, has never disappointHunterWVIPDined on 2/13/2010Reliably good, has never disappointed. Reasonably priced, good food selection, well prepared and presented, great beers, lively sports bar/pub atmosphere.Special Features:
- We went as 2 families withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2010We went as 2 families with kids. We found the food to be incredibly salty and the fried foods too greasy. The flavor was good, but we drank tons of water and even had to stop on the way home to buy bottled water as we were oversalted. This is a noisy place. If you want a private conversation, go somewhere else. That's not a judgment but it is a fact. Our waitress was very good and kept up with our many needs, with one exception. I was the only one of our group to have a cocktail instead of beer and I was never asked if I wanted another one, and I did. She was good with all the kids.Special Features: