1123 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutbrewery.com/
- Phone: (303) 447-1345
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am / Thursday - Saturday: 11am - 2am / Happy Hour, Monday - Friday: 3pm - 6pm & 10pm - Close / Happy Hour, Saturday & Sunday: 10pm - Close / Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Bill Cassel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Trivia 10pm Friday Night D.J. 11pm
- Public Transit: Boulder bus terminal is located two blocks east of the Walnut Brewery.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage directly across the street from the restaurant. Parking in the garage is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Meter street parking is also available. Free street parking after 7pm and also on Sunday all day.
A word from Walnut Brewery
Boulder’s Original Brewpub offers seasonal and traditional options for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch alongside award-winning beer brewed on-site. Located a block off Boulder’s historic Pearl Street mall, the Walnut Brewery offers locals and visitors a casual alternative for dining. Ask for a brewery tour, beer sampler, patio seat, or head straight to a table in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Diverse menu and good itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Diverse menu and good items on it for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Their beer has become unremarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Their beer has become unremarkable for me - so many other brewers in CO do so much better than they do.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2013Lunch was ok. The waitress was very friendly. Food was mediocre. No bread was offered with our salads and soup. I ordered a seared ahi tuna salad. I wanted it warm in the center, but the waitress said they couldn't do that. She said they serve it like it is, and if it's too rare, I can send it back. It arrived thinly sliced on top of the greens, so I don't know how they could have cooked it more without ruining it. So I told her it was ok. But it did not have much flavor. Seems like it was a packaged piece of tuna that they just open and slice up. My friend ordered a cobb salad without tomatoes. It arrived at the table with lots of chopped tomatoes on it. She said it was ok, and scraped off all the tomatoes herself. Give it a
- Kid FriendlyBenGVIPDined on 2/9/2013Kids loved the nachos and cheeseburgers. Fast and friendly service. I love Walnut Brewery.
- We took a group of eight withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2013We took a group of eight with us for our first trip to Walnut Brewery. First hint at what a pleasurable experience we would have was the atmosphere-- energetic and vibrant, but not as loud and crowded as many Boulder pubs (we went on a Tuesday evening at 6:30, perhaps it's busier later in the week). Second, our table was ready and waiting for us when we arrived, which I always appreciate. Service was prompt and friendly, and the two severs who took our drinks and food orders were prompt, friendly, and efficient. Beers were excellent and the cask-aged porter was outstanding. Food was much better than standard pub fare; my chicken in walnut pesto tossed with pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Watering HoleBikeRider41VIPDined on 1/27/2013Always have a good time here and good food at reasonable prices. Went there after the CU/Cal BB game and my buffalo tacos were super. Great waitress, Amanda, was polite and courteous.Special Features:
- Excellent experience every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Love the atmosphere here, sporty but great for families. The food is incredible. My whole family of picky eaters loves the menu. The service is great as well. This is our new favorite place.Special Features:
- The Laredo was one of theSuproVIPDined on 12/29/2012The Laredo was one of the best burgers I have ever had.Special Features:
- A mandatory stop every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2012A mandatory stop every time I am in Boulder. Great beer and a hearty menu.
- Rock Bottom in BoulderXmasnitesaveVIPDined on 12/15/2012Was disappointed to find out this is basically the Rock Bottom Brewery. I thought it had been a local place in the past so our experience was lessened as a result.Special Features:
- Food and service were wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Food and service were wonderful. Best burgers around! Cocktails were awesome as well. Cozy and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bourbonzola burger was awesome,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Bourbonzola burger was awesome, best fish and chips ever. The southwestern chicken and shrimp was only fair at best. the waitress was really great. Fun night!Special Features:
- Best Burger I've Ever Had!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2012My boyfriend and I are new to Boulder and the Walnut Brewery was recommended to us by a friend. We got a reservation, so we were seated immediately. The service was quick, polite, and available whenever we needed something, but not in your face or too chatty. The prices were great and the food was fantastic - this was hands-down the best burger I've ever had! With such good food & good service, our total meal time was just under an hour!Special Features:
- CU FAmily WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012We had diner at Walnut Brewery one night during CU Family Weekend. Everyone in our party had a great time. The brews and food were delicious. We look forward to going back next year!Special Features:
- Restaurant was extremely cold,Foodie1915VIPDined on 9/30/2012Restaurant was extremely cold, the air conditioner was blowing on us. When most of your patrons are wearing coats it's too cold. Food was OK, nothing to brag about. Toward the end of our meal they began broadcasting the Sunday night game at a very load volume. We left because we couldn't carry a conversation.Special Features:
- went there and took my sonfoodloverDined on 9/28/2012went there and took my son and his girlfriend there while visiting him at CU Boulder, so it was the perfect restaurant for the scenery.Special Features:
- Always have predictably goodBikeRider41VIPDined on 9/22/2012Always have predictably good food here. And of course the beer choices are great. They had a special Oktoberfest menu which I chose from. It was good. Always fun here, and great, happy to please college age waitstaff.Special Features:
- We had a group of 10 for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012We had a group of 10 for a birthday dinner and we had a great night, awesome service and good food. Thank you!Special Features:
- Always great food and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Always great food and drinks. Service was so so, but it was also a busy Friday night! Very happy experience.Special Features:
- We came in for a quick mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We came in for a quick meal before the CU stampede (pep rally). Our waiter got us in and out in about an hour (there was 10 of us). Most of our party ordered hamburgers of some variety and there were no complaints. It was a bit pricey but it is Boulder so not unexpected. We were seated in the back room so felt a bit removed from the restaurant atmosphere and I wouldn't want to sit there again. We probably would come back as a group again but I wouldn't put it as our "go-to" place before the pep rallies.
- We had a enjoyable time atLTCKDined on 8/18/2012We had a enjoyable time at dinner with a group of friends.
- The wait staff at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2012The wait staff at this restaurant is phenominal. It is obvious that the management makes the investment necessary to insure quality servers. This is one of our favorite restaurants and we eat here often. Every dining experience has been pleasant and the one time we felt they missed on a meal, the manager came to speak with us, respectfully acknowledged the shortcoming (went to the kitchen and tasted it!) and made compensation.Special Features:
- Had Salmon Fish and ChipsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Had Salmon Fish and Chips - really good as was the beer.Special Features:
- We were visiting from WisconsinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012We were visiting from Wisconsin and stopped in for dinner! It was a great choice! Food was delicious!
- Service was Fantastic!Mthede1VIPDined on 8/10/2012Had a wonderful lunch! Order the Asian Ahi Salad (loaded with ahi tuna!) and my friend ordered the Brewer's Cobb which was delicious and HUGE. Service was amazing too. Our waitress was so friendly and was very quick yet we never felt rushed. Restaurant was very busy (Friday lunch) which made the service even more appreciated. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- After a long day of shoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012After a long day of shopping in Boulder and taking the Banjo Billy tour, we went to the Walnut Brewery for dinner. The gold beer (light caramel malt) was good. The cheeseburger was o.k. The macaroni and cheese was just perfect!
- Great casual atmosphere forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Great casual atmosphere for drinks and dinner. We had a group of 10 and they accommodated us easily.Special Features:
- Go for the beer, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/13/2012Go for the beer, the food is typical brewpub food.
- Seems like it might be a RockOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/6/2012Seems like it might be a Rock Bottom Brewery affiliate. Regardless, it was a very good experience and our server was first rate!Special Features:
- The Walnut is one of our favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The Walnut is one of our favorites. You can come for the beer and stay for the nachos. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Slow service, ordered mediumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Slow service, ordered medium steak but got one completely well-done, the pasta was extemely hot - almost not eatable...
- Had a great time. Out waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Had a great time. Out waitress was very helpful in selecting a beer choice as well as returning to the table enough to not be annoying.Special Features:
- We dined at the Walnut BreweryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012We dined at the Walnut Brewery on a Monday. It was a thin crowd which made the inattentiveness of the server more baffling. To her credit she didn't get our order wrong - it was just clear she had better things to do.
- Have been there before andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Have been there before and the food is usually great. This time the NY strip was a very poor quality of meat and overcooked. Should have sent it back but didn't.
- Change is not a good thingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Used to be our favorite place to eat and bring people to. They no longer have our favorite Stout, the food although the same, has drastically changed in portion size. Still hate sitting in the back! I no longer recommend it to people since the change in ownership : (Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphere perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Relaxed atmosphere perfect for a casual get together with friends. The chicken fried chicken was awesome, as was the burger my husband and i shared. The waiter was professional yet down to earth. Will definately go again.
- Great people watching place.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Great people watching place. Nice but small outside patio seating. Service was good but could have been more attentive. Food quality was high, fresh and tasted very good. The hostess, Emily, was outstanding! She happily adjusted our reservation when our plans changed!Special Features:
- They did a great job withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012They did a great job with our party of 25+ people. More people than we expected showed up and our waitress was great about it!Special Features:
- Overall a solid dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012Overall a solid dining experience. We went on a busy Friday night (8:30 seating). Party of three. Waitress was nice and attentive but dinner took longer than it should have to be served. I got NY Strip, perfectly cooked and veggie's hot. Another person in our party got a chicken sandwich and liked it. Third person got steak and fries and enjoyed it. Plenty of TV's to watch NCAA March Madness. Public parking very convenient in garage across the street. I would recommend The Walnut Brewery as an above average brew pub.Special Features:
- Don't go for the beerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2012I really enjoy good beer and make it a point to support local, micro-breweries whenever possible. That was the main reason I went to the Walnut Brewery. The bar is in a great location, and the interior is very pleasant. However, the service was poor (waiter was very friendly; when you could find him!), and I was especially disappointed by their beers. I had the Buffalo Gold and Indian Peaks IPA. Both beers were characterless, flat, tastless and tepid. I really wanted to enjoy this restaurant and am sorry this is the best I can say. The food was quite edible, but was certainly not good enough to make me want to go back and did not stand out from standard bar food anywhere else.