Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: 2066218262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)scenic view (146)romantic (101)notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (64)great for outdoor dining (61)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (22)late-night find (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Fantastic SteakhouseMicheleDined on 6/28/2014This is a fantastic steakhouse, one of the best in Seattle. Great view of Lake Union, and terrific service. I'm a family of steak lovers, so this is an obvious choice, however, my sister who doesn't like steak still had several things to choose from and was very pleased with her meal. After dinner, we decided to head over to the bar. Love the live piano music and the ambiance of the bar. I definitely recommend this place, whether it's for a special occasion dinner or happy hour.Special Features:
- Food greatRosyNBdayMomDined on 6/28/2014Everything tasted great. Good place to celebrate special events. Staff very friendly and helpful. Made the birthday dinner a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AlliODined on 6/22/2014Wow we were overly impressed with the food, wine, service, and view. Outdoor dining is a must but is given on a first-come, first-served basis. The view was great though, so I highly recommend waiting for an outside table. Our waitress (Nicole) was extremely knowledgable about the menu and very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious. Prepared to perfection. I highly recommend giving this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Most memorable experience-The table crew were out standing, personable, attentive and not intrusive. All courses were perfectly prepared to our requests. The view from the South End of Lake Union is outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Found the food and wine to be excellent but what really stood out was the frequent attention to our table to ensure our wine and food were served timely and just as we ordered. They read the special notes in the open table reservation and made special note to wish us a happy Anniversary and bring a special desert to commemorate it. Eric and Zack were fantastic. Excellent dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceMooTooDined on 6/18/2014They know how to treat their guests and go out of their way to make your visit as delightful as possible. Make sure you are walked through the menu, there are a lot of great dishes to choose from and the seafood can be overlooked because of the delicious cuts of beef. Well worth a visit of two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good planningDrRichDined on 6/18/2014Our reservation was for 6 pm. and when we ordered we were told that there was only one serving of Prime Rib remaining. I am not sure who is responsible for the kitchen but surely they can cook more than one prime rib per night. Even the waiters were complaining that they were not able to offer many other customers a full menu.Special Features:
- Great Food and great service!NishBHDined on 6/17/2014I made reservations for dinner for my husband's birthday. It was truly wonderful. The view, the service and the food were all amazing! I made a note in the reservation that it was my husband's birthday and all the staff we encountered remembered to say happy birthday and he got a special dessert which was a very nice touch. Will definitely recommend this restaurant in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerThomasFDined on 6/17/2014I have heard great things about Daniel's from friends and around town. I decided to take my wife there for our anniversary and I wasn't sorry at all. The food was excellent, the wait staff was literally at your beck and call (without it being weird and awkward). Overall I would recommend Daniel's to anyone who wants a great steak for any occasion.Special Features:
- AmazingBudget4EatingDined on 6/17/2014First time being at this establishment, and wow. It was easily best food I had ever eaten. While there menu looked spendy, me and my date split a steak ( 14oz steak 7 oz each) and uprated to lobster mashed potatoes. They presented us each with our own beautifully plated steak and potato, so while we were budgeted we had beautiful looking food without going threw the awkwardness of cutting the steak ourselves to split. .So just that made our dinner only 60 some odd dollars. We had dessert, and it was to die for. Will be coming back here year after yearSpecial Features:
- Great Anniversary and Fathers DayMrsGeorgeDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to Daniel's to celebrate our Anniversary and Fathers Day which happend to be on the same day. The service was OUTSTANDING and prompt. The food was excellent and the ombiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014The Bartender was indifferent when we asked to transfer the Bar Tab, out of 2 Wines we ordered and the entrees were presented incorrectly! Out of the dessert we asked about. Service was just okay, and for over $300 Dollars you wonder why you went in the first place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 34 wedding anniversaryKevinDined on 6/14/2014Went for our 34th wedding anniversary. The filets were perfect and could not decide on 2 different sides so waitress suggested we just get a half order of both. Perfect. We have been there for several special occasions and will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation GiftSisterofUWGradDined on 6/13/2014We took my brother to Daniel's Broiler after his graduation ceremony and it was perfect! We were very pleased with the close location to the UW, valet parking, quick seating, and of course fantastic food, wine and amazing service. The steaks were cooked perfectly. The staff shared my brother's accomplishment amongst each other, and congratulated him individually several times sincerely, and he was given a dessert on the house. I will return to Daniels and recommend it highly. Call early for reservations, as this is a popular place.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Our experience was all that we expected. Great food, service and view. We had a lovely time.Special Features:
- Great food and view of Lake UnionthesaintDined on 6/9/2014As always, Daniel's comes through. My wife and I had a fabulous dinner. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They take care of their customers!JD333Dined on 6/7/2014Reserved for 5 but we had 6. (My fault) Took awhile to seat us but they explained and apologized. Got a beautiful window view table with a complimentary seafood platter! Delicious and very thoughtful! Service from there was excellent as always! They went above and beyond to make our dinner great! And it happened to be my daughters graduation dinner! Very special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- putt4parDined on 6/7/2014We had a delicious dinner, split the bone in ribeye, and it was fantastic. Service was amazing as usual. We really like the attention to detail at DanielsSpecial Features:
- On the water and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014Our booth allowed the perfect view of the docked boats, water and, while we were there, the 5 planes that took off. Amazing. Food was delicious (lobster tender and pork chop 'best I ever had', the service was on point. A definite 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceNunu318Dined on 6/2/2014Our experience was great. The food was awesome and they treated our large party very nicely. I'm not usually a steak eater but the steak and all the fixng were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLovetogooutDined on 5/31/2014Great meal, great atmosphere! Attentive and friendly staff!!Special Features:
- Great food, service, expensiveSonustackDined on 5/31/2014The best service I have had in a long time from any restaurant. Steaks were good, but wish they had some type of steak salt/rub on them. They sell sauces to put on, but they always destroy the good flavor of the steak. The carrots were great. The place is great, but you pay for it. Steaks are all around $50 with a potato. Salad, sides, etc all extra. Our bill was $210 before tip for 2 steaks, 2 salads, side of carrots, 2 drinks for me, 2 glasses of wine for my wife, and coffee. The biggest surprise was the $18 per glass for my favorite, The McCallan scotch. I haven't paid that much since I had one in New York City. Usually most fine restaurants charge maybe $9 to $12. I guess you pay for good service and "Prime" steaks.Special Features:
- Great service great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Oysters were not cleaned correctly but other the that food and service was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencegotoguyDined on 5/30/2014As Eastsiders, we don't frequently dine at the Seattle Daniel's. It was fantastic! Great food, outstanding service and a terrific view of Lake Union. Wow, what a great combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealsAleksDined on 5/28/2014Fantastic food and service, loved everything about it!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinneresheeleyDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I had our 3rd anniversary dinner at Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union and it was fantastic. The food, drinks and service were top notch and the view of Lake Union was beautiful. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fab-tab-ulous!SmilingDeDeDined on 5/25/2014Typically I enjoy dining at the Bellevue location (as I live on the Eastside) but my friend and I thought we would go to the Lake Union location to change it up. This was a early dinner for my b-day celebration with a close friend. Everything about our dining was great. Kristi our waitress was wonderful & recommended a great wine to try & Steve the manager was wonderful, engaging and charming. My b-day dessert was wonderful (can the chef come home with me and make those for me weekly?) lol. I even had a little to go container of their special made coffee whipped cream to take home (YUMMY - it tastes great on Chai Tea as well as coffee.) Great 4 hr dining experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Requested and received window seating. Fabulous oysters rockefeller and cocktails were followed with sublime chowder and warm spinach salad. Huge golden halibut fillet and beautiful steak dripping with shallot butter along side whipped parm potatoes were our main courses. Finished with coffee, grand marnier filled berries and coconut fudge sundae. Best meal always at Daniel's. Never disappoints always made to feel significant. Remains our special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBowchicka76Dined on 5/23/2014First time going and it was amazing! Steak has such good flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Our group of four had an absolutely wonderful evening! It was for a special occasion (birthday) for my son in law. I can't recall when we've had a more special dining experience ----- from the hostess staff, bar staff, to our very special waitress, Mary. Our food was spectacular in taste and presentation. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- fantastic service, great foodhistoryfoodieDined on 5/21/2014It would be hard to fit my assessment of Daniels Broiler in this one review. I will do my best to summarize my experience. Upon arriving my party (my fiance and myself) were promptly seated. The server created us by name and gave his recommendations from his extensive knowledge. Through out the service the entire staff was both personalable and professional. The food came quickly as we had our entire meal served not one hour after arriving. However, we never dealt rushed. We felt plenty of time between the courses to relax before the next course. The food itself was delectable. It was an outstanding way fo end a special night. The only minor detial was the price. While expensive, it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business expense accts.eatoutlocalDined on 5/21/2014Appropriate for a young crowd on expense account or conference attendees because of high noise level. Not so good for young hip, middle age or older small groups. Outside deck may be quieter. Beef entrees were good, but very expensive……in the range of Canlis and other "fine dining" restaurants. Again, good for folks on expense accounts. We would rather pay that sort of price for a truly fine meal and well made cocktail at a Tom Douglas, Ethan Stowell, or Renee Erickson restaurant. (While strong, my whiskey sour was not very good.) My prime rib was accompanied by a LOT of mashed potatoes, but they weren't great. Accustomed to spending lots eating out, but for a better experience. Probably won't go to Daniels again.Special Features:
- Awesome Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Our first night out since our baby was born and to top it off our 8th year wedding anniversary! We had exceptional service from the moment we walked up to the door!Special Features:
- Lake Union PerfectiongbmorganDined on 5/15/2014Daniel's on Lake Union is wonderful. Great steaks, great views and great service.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLeeyahDined on 5/13/2014Every single bite of food was pure heaven... even the crispy artichoke appetizer I got on a whim. I love a good rare steak and many restaurants overcook, but these were perfect. Best lobster-tail I've ever eaten, and they even send a sommelier when you order a bottle of wine - we chose the Hedges bottle that was specifically crafted for Daniel's - SO good. Best fine dining experience I've ever had in Seattle, and we go out A LOT.Special Features:
- Perfect PatioSanDiegoFoodieDined on 5/12/2014It was one of those rare days of perfect 80 degree weather that demand a lovely outdoor dining experience. Daniels had a great view, great food and the perfect patio. I highly recommend you check it out.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner with my family. We were seated at the window. It was a beautiful day out. Everything was perfect; the food, the service, the view. We walked around the marina afterwards. It was lovely!Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went on Sunday for Mother's Day and my husband's 40th birthday. Three adults and two kids. We all had a great time. My husband and I look forward to go back for another perfect filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day at Daniel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I took my 87 year old mother to Daniel's for Mother's Day. There were 6 of us, it was a beautiful day, and we had a table with a view. The food is very good and very expensive (think Canlis prices), but the service was certainly nowhere near the Canlis experience. What ruined this lunch for me is I was sitting right next to the door to the deck. People were going in and out constantly, and while the day was sunny, it was really quite cold. I should have complained and asked for a different table, but really they shouldn't have seated anyone there. The good news is my mom had a great time. I guess that's the most important thing.Special Features:
- great food and serviceChicgoBluesDined on 5/10/2014I been here for my birthday with my girl friend. Food was really nice with great service. And I could have complimentary dessert for birthday although I didn't reuest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.