Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: 2066218262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (151)special occasion (149)romantic (96)notable wine list (71)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Our group of four had an absolutely wonderful evening! It was for a special occasion (birthday) for my son in law. I can't recall when we've had a more special dining experience ----- from the hostess staff, bar staff, to our very special waitress, Mary. Our food was spectacular in taste and presentation. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- fantastic service, great foodhistoryfoodieDined on 5/21/2014It would be hard to fit my assessment of Daniels Broiler in this one review. I will do my best to summarize my experience. Upon arriving my party (my fiance and myself) were promptly seated. The server created us by name and gave his recommendations from his extensive knowledge. Through out the service the entire staff was both personalable and professional. The food came quickly as we had our entire meal served not one hour after arriving. However, we never dealt rushed. We felt plenty of time between the courses to relax before the next course. The food itself was delectable. It was an outstanding way fo end a special night. The only minor detial was the price. While expensive, it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business expense accts.eatoutlocalDined on 5/21/2014Appropriate for a young crowd on expense account or conference attendees because of high noise level. Not so good for young hip, middle age or older small groups. Outside deck may be quieter. Beef entrees were good, but very expensive……in the range of Canlis and other "fine dining" restaurants. Again, good for folks on expense accounts. We would rather pay that sort of price for a truly fine meal and well made cocktail at a Tom Douglas, Ethan Stowell, or Renee Erickson restaurant. (While strong, my whiskey sour was not very good.) My prime rib was accompanied by a LOT of mashed potatoes, but they weren't great. Accustomed to spending lots eating out, but for a better experience. Probably won't go to Daniels again.Special Features:
- Awesome Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Our first night out since our baby was born and to top it off our 8th year wedding anniversary! We had exceptional service from the moment we walked up to the door!Special Features:
- Lake Union PerfectiongbmorganDined on 5/15/2014Daniel's on Lake Union is wonderful. Great steaks, great views and great service.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLeeyahDined on 5/13/2014Every single bite of food was pure heaven... even the crispy artichoke appetizer I got on a whim. I love a good rare steak and many restaurants overcook, but these were perfect. Best lobster-tail I've ever eaten, and they even send a sommelier when you order a bottle of wine - we chose the Hedges bottle that was specifically crafted for Daniel's - SO good. Best fine dining experience I've ever had in Seattle, and we go out A LOT.Special Features:
- Perfect PatioSanDiegoFoodieDined on 5/12/2014It was one of those rare days of perfect 80 degree weather that demand a lovely outdoor dining experience. Daniels had a great view, great food and the perfect patio. I highly recommend you check it out.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner with my family. We were seated at the window. It was a beautiful day out. Everything was perfect; the food, the service, the view. We walked around the marina afterwards. It was lovely!Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went on Sunday for Mother's Day and my husband's 40th birthday. Three adults and two kids. We all had a great time. My husband and I look forward to go back for another perfect filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day at Daniel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I took my 87 year old mother to Daniel's for Mother's Day. There were 6 of us, it was a beautiful day, and we had a table with a view. The food is very good and very expensive (think Canlis prices), but the service was certainly nowhere near the Canlis experience. What ruined this lunch for me is I was sitting right next to the door to the deck. People were going in and out constantly, and while the day was sunny, it was really quite cold. I should have complained and asked for a different table, but really they shouldn't have seated anyone there. The good news is my mom had a great time. I guess that's the most important thing.Special Features:
- great food and serviceChicgoBluesDined on 5/10/2014I been here for my birthday with my girl friend. Food was really nice with great service. And I could have complimentary dessert for birthday although I didn't reuest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We had appetizers, salad, main courses and dessert - all of the food was great - great taste, great presentation. Only minor knock was that service can drag on after a while - a bit too much time between courses.Special Features:
- AnniversaryAwesomeDined on 5/8/2014Our experience was awesome! The steaks my wife and I had were the best we ever had! Will definitely be back and recommend you to family and friends! Thank you again for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The staff was great and courteous, the food was excellent, a great atmosphere, a little high priced but over all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Recommend by friend...very enjoyable!...great meat...nice serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shoo fly don't bother me.MakeoursElGauchoDined on 5/2/2014The steaks they were more like choice than prime. Needless to say we won't be back we'll stick with El Gaucho always good never an issue , And if your ever in Portland OR give the Ring Side a go BOTH it and El Gaucho know what a piece of Prime meat is suppose to be as well as top notch service. Also you'd think this joint wouldn't have a fly issue but it does. "Most unappetizing" I mean after all it's not a Denny's.Special Features:
- always like a kingDariviDined on 4/30/2014I am always treated like a king, but even better an old friend by the folks at Daniel's. Of all the locations Daniel's has, this is my favorite there on Lake Union. Wonderful food, The Salmon with asparagus and beets was absolutely wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeithDined on 4/26/2014Excellent service and food. This was a great night out for me and wife. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:
- DinnerPickyeaterDined on 4/26/2014The dinner was fabulous as usual! We can always count on a great steak at Daniels. We always have excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine CelebrationJudyDDined on 4/22/2014Daniel's is where I take friends and clients to celebrate special occasions or the closing of a sale. The service is always excellent, the food superb (my favorite is the steak and lobster), the view lovely - especially at sunset, and just an over-all lovely experience and an impressive place to take people.Special Features:
- Daniels was simply outstandingBEEFISKINGDined on 4/19/2014My date and I were treated like absolute royalty from the moment we arrived. Every single member of the staff was professional, gracious and kind!!! The food was beyond good...i cant stop thinking about the lobster mashed potatoes. We will be back again and again and again!!! BRAVO DANIELS!!!!!!Special Features:
- Almost perfect...SurlatableJJDined on 4/19/2014Met with some friends from out of town for drinks in the lounge. Service, drinks and appetizers all superb. Moved to the dining room for meal. Again, service was excellent - waitstaff, sommelier, manager all very friendly and knowledgeable. Steak was truly excellent and we loved the wine pairing. Our only issue was the side order of brussel sprouts. Had to send them back because they were way undercooked. The second time around they had much better texture, but were really just edible, not very flavorful or enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/17/2014Both food and service were outstanding. Will go back.Special Features:
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014This place has been in this location for many years and has one of the more attractive views of lake Union. Food has consistenly been very good and the service is by far the best of any of the other Steak houses in townSpecial Features:
- Last night in the Emerald CityErshanDined on 4/14/2014Based on multiple recommendations, we dined at Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union during our last night in Seattle. We were in the neighborhood anyway for an early evening boat cruise and this looked the best among the local options. Pre-meal drink at bar was great. Service was impeccable. Very attentive and checked on the table at just the right times. Overall, food was very good. My wife ordered scallops and I had the filet Oscar. Both prepared perfectly. Maybe a Midwestern taste, but I prefer a little more char/salty taste to the stake, but it was still excellent. Lobster mash was a fun side dish, a little light on the lobster. We had gourmet, chocolate covered strawberries to end and they were scrumptious.Special Features:
- A Great Meal SpoiledRikitiTraxDined on 4/14/2014We found the taste of the food excellent. The staff quite slow. The ambience exceptional along with the stunning view. All was for naught when my spouse exploded from both ends 3 hours after our meal of steak, and 2 sides of "fresh" oysters. Same experience we had at Chandler's Crab House. Losing our faith in Schwartz Bros. cuisine!Special Features:
- Always SpecialDariviDined on 4/14/2014Daniel's Lake Union restaurant is my favorite of their restaurants. The location as well as the management are so special and offer me and my guests the kind of treatment one would expect at the very best of private clubs or old school 5 star restaurants in any major metro city. The food is wonderful, the drinks generous and the staff from the Valet to Manager are the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Daniel's!VLFGVIPDined on 4/12/2014Daniel's is one of our very very very favorite restaurants! The service is spectacular! ...the food is spectacular !... the view is spectacular ! ! ! We Love Daniel's Roger and Virginia Gabelein!Special Features:
- Great Service & View but OverpricedKbliaDined on 4/12/2014The service and staff were excellent. The view was gorgeous. The food was good, but it is WAY, WAY overpriced! We easily could have gone to another lesser name restaurant and had a meal that was just as good (if not better) for half the cost. I'm glad we went to dinner there at least once, but we won't be going again.Special Features:
- Superb ExperiencehulagirlDined on 4/7/2014We had a great experience at Daniel's Broiler. The steaks were cooked to perfection (order the porterhouse - it was like butter!). Our waiter was phenomenal and we had a fabulous time. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAwesomestdudeDined on 4/6/2014Making reservations was a breeze. Daniel's took note of my request for a nonalcoholic toast. My brother, whom doesn't drink alcohol, was surprised and touched. Our server Darrin was attentive and knowledgable. His expertise in the menu added another level of enjoyment and confidence in ordering. The food was amazing! This was my second visit and it solidified Daniels as my favorite "steak house" in Seattle. My brother, he had never been, was impressed and will be bringing his fiancee' in for her birthday. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite 'Treat' Destinationhootowl55Dined on 4/5/2014We visit Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union twice a year. It is absolutely a big treat for us to recharge our batteries, so to speak with a nice bar for a couple of pre-dinner drinks, WONDERFUL food, very special servers who are attentive without being intrusive. We just love this restaurant and highly recommend it to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HousejimmyDined on 4/4/2014I have experienced all the best steak houses in the area several times. The value, the food, the quality, the atmosphere and mostly the STEAK. It is cooked to perfection and it made my Texas heart happy. This is a superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniels was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2014Kelly our server was awesome, he took really good care of my girlfriend and I, made great recommendations and was really friendly while being really professional. The whole experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good serviceRFisherDined on 3/28/2014My family and I have been going to Daniel's for a number of years. It's a great place. We've not ever had bad service. The food has always been great. No complaints. Cannot go wrong with a night here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!JaimeDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I came here for the first time to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. The waiter, George, was very classy and knowledgeable and friendly. Everyone who came to our table was extremely professional yet warm enough to make you feel comfortable. and then there is the food.... amazing. we couldn't stop talking about our steak throughout the entire meal. I had the ribeye which was divine and my husband, who doesn't normally like steak, had the filet. we both were so impressed with the entire meal, it was simply unforgettable. George brought us a free dessert for my birthday, the drinks and wine were excellent and the whole experience was wonderful! we will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- A pleasurable dining experienceMatthewDined on 3/27/2014I have dined at Daniel's Broiler on many occasions, and have yet to have a negative experience. The staff is always extremely friendly, professional, and attentive. The food is always superb. Certainly not a cost-effective place to eat, but at least you get what you pay for, which is more than can be said for other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Seared Ahi Tuna was exceptional & the steak was like cutting threw butter! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bone injlggVIPDined on 3/22/2014Everything was great but they advertise a 30oz bone in rib eye for a special at $75. Take the bond out and its more like 15oz. Felt alittle taken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch steaksDineallthetimeDined on 3/22/2014I have to say I came in a little biased to Ruth's Chris steakhouse originally. But the steaks were amazingly tender and cooked to perfection with a nice rich mesquite flavor. The choice in side dishes all would pair well with my steak choice and made for a hard decision (poor waitress came to the table 4 times before I could decide). The service was impeccable and very friendly. I will most definitely be going again. Sorry Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.