Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: 2066218262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (147)scenic view (143)romantic (100)notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (15)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was great and delicious. I would come to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!SadinSeattleDined on 8/23/2014A must stop for our Seattle trips.. Never disappointing! Jut one of those 'old school' steak places that have the fundamentals. That includes gentleman walking around in jackets making sure everything is fine. Great wine list and the steaks are cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked steakJonvilliersDined on 8/23/2014I was surprised that Daniel's Broiler overcooked our steak (12 oz. filet). I ordered mine medium rare (as did my wife) and both were at least medium, possibly closer to medium well. No red at all, about half brown, half pink. That's not medium rare. I didn't send it back, since we had a party of 10 people and I didn't want to hold them up for their meal. But I was surprised that they would overcook what otherwise could have been an excellent steak.Special Features:
- Kind of dated and expensive.Henrysmom1Dined on 8/16/2014Fine, but not worth the money. I've had better steaks elsewhere and this was really expensive. The view is lovely if you get a table by a window or on the deck.Special Features:
- Best Dinner OutAshurmanDined on 8/16/2014Everything from the moment we dropped our car off at valet parking, the recommended rose bubbly & the wonderful garlic roast chicken was impeccable! I could eat the chicken every night. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JejjaDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. Great food, wine, location, and staff. We come here one to two times a year and always on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our waiter, Ryan was great, as was the valet service. The Mojito was horrible, I don't think it is supposed to have grapefruit flavor. I was expecting muddled fresh mint with crystallized sugar. Everything else was superb. Thank you for a great BDay dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle BestWe2willReturnDined on 8/11/2014Daniel's Broiler rates at the top of Seattles best restaurant for us. They are friendly and will take a moment to express their appreciation and show great interest as to why you choose Daniel's. The food was excellant and prepared to our complete satisfaction and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can get a steak elsewhereJP13Dined on 8/10/2014We decided we would try Daniels (none of us had been there in years). Well, it will be a long time before we go again, if ever. Our server was the one good thing about the place. Steaks were fine but honestly just go find yourself a good piece of steak at a local butcher and bbq it with a bunch of butter and it will be less than half of what they charge. We waited about an hour to get our dinner. Apparently, a soccer team had come in and put the kitchen far behind. I can't imagine the soccer team was last minute, so they had to know they were coming (poor planning on their part). Our entire side of the restaurant did not get their dinner and the manager only came to talk to us when we complained. He should have been all over this.
- good mealTLHTLHDined on 8/6/2014IMO I thought the food was well seasoned and flavorful, however, my bf thought it was a bit too salty. If you are a purist with your steak, I would suggest elsewhere or ask for the garlic steak butter/ all other sauces on the side. For the price, the portions were good. The seats have a wonderful view of the marina and the patio looks awesome to dine out on for a nice sunny day. :) overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner on the deck!GDO1Dined on 8/5/2014Great place for dinner on the deck, or drinks. The only problem is they don't take reservations for the deck so you may have a wait for a table but if it's nice weather it's worth it!Special Features:
- Noisy, but very good.Fairlady82Dined on 8/2/2014I chose Daniel's Broiler because the Yelp review said it was "not good for kids", and the website says there is live piano from 8 PM on. I sat down and saw kids sitting outside (thankfully I couldn't hear them because they were outdoors), and it was so noisy in the restaurant that I could barely hear the piano at all. I also had to wear my coat the whole time (very cold). However, the view was great, and the food was absolutely fantastic. I had the lobster tail and loved it, my boyfriend got the ribeye steak and they also gave him a delicious sample of cake and ice cream with berries for his birthday. I wish it was quieter in the restaurant so I could've heard the piano (it was easier to hear later on though as people left), and warmer.Special Features:
- pricey but worthnitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014You know what you get when you dine at a place like Daniels. They take care of you, the food was amazing, in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningEnjoyable2014Dined on 8/1/2014Daniel's Broiler has always been a positive experience for us. We have eaten there 8-10 times. Sometimes it's absolutely fabulous - other times it's very good. We never walk out totally disappointed. The service and food is always good - yet sometimes it's exceptional! This most recent trip everything was very good - service, food and seating. We requested a window seat 6 weeks in advanced and were not able to get one. A bit of a disappointment, yet still had a nice evening. the food was good - not great, the service was fine yet we still had a wonderful evening - I would recommended Daniel's Broiler.Special Features:
- Glad we chose to dine herepoetzplusDined on 7/31/2014Daniel's Broiler lived up to their reputation for having great steaks. We had a great dining experience and my uncle said his martini was great, in addition to everyone enjoying their meal. One of the things that impressed me was the fact that I had left a comment about one of the diners having a shellfish allergy while placing the reservation. It was confirmed by the hostess when we checked in, and again by our waitress after we were seated. When I ordered the truffle fries, our waitress remembered to caution us about the fries being fried with the same cookware as the fried calamari without out our asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONDonahue53Dined on 7/28/2014GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE for two. More expensive than I had expected. We ate conservatively, but adequate. About $170 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG go there and treat yourself!!!!JlanghansDined on 7/28/2014Best filet ever (had med rare w/ bearanaise) And The crab app (already shelled) was decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed itnageek85Dined on 7/26/2014Couldn't ask for anything more than what we received from Daniel's. Carly or server was wonderful, the outside deck was perfect and the food as always was amazing. For my money is the best place in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceMarcDined on 7/26/2014While the food was good and consistent, the service is what was appreciated most. It's a lovely spot, and a comfortable atmosphere. The vegetarian in our party liked that you offered a vegetarian menu, though the entree was a little weak and not a great value. Otherwise, a nice time.Special Features:
- Always Amazing ServiceSeattleFoodieCoupleDined on 7/25/2014Daniel's Broiler is definitely pricey but we always love going because of how amazing the food & drinks are as well as the service. We love coming here with family from out of town as well as for special occasions (most recently our 5 year anniversary). We failed to mention this until the end and so our server politiely scolded us for not telling her sooner and took a dessert off of our ticket. ;) The steaks are always delectable and the cocktails are expertly blended flavors. We just simply love it.Special Features:
- Great food & Service.AwesomeDined on 7/23/2014We went to Daniel's Broiler for our 31st Wedding Anniversary. Food & service were excellent. Large portions of food, we asked for boxes to take home leftovers! We had told Open Table we were celebrating our Anniversary and at the end of the meal we were brought a complementary Molten Lava dessert with fresh berries in an awesome strawberry sauce, & vanilla ice cream with a candle on it! What a pleasant surprise. Our only complaint was when driving in all the parking was Valet ($6.00) and he was nowhere to be found. We ended up parking in a public lot paying $5.00. Finally located the Valet up under the awing (the rain has stopped) talking on his cell phone, then texting or playing games. Customers had to seek him out to get parked.Special Features:
- Perfect for sis's birhtday dinner!Marc191VIPDined on 7/21/2014It was mostly prime rib for dinner, though my wife and I had crab-stuffed prawns. Everything was prepared and served as one might wish; and, that was significant, as this night out was for celebrating my sister's birthday. Thank you, Daniels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't eat here.BumbyDined on 7/19/2014Arrived 15 minutes before 8pm reservation and got our table at 8:15. By 8:30, my date and I hadn't even been given water and no one had taken our order so we left.Special Features:
- Went there for my birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We had a very delicious dinner, with a yummy dungeness crab appetizer, caprese salad, halibut/rib eye for dinner and a wonderful complimentary lava cake with berries and ice cream for dessert. Will definitely go back! Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservtionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014I made a reservation three months ago and it was disapointing to get tabel where two people had no view. When we asked to move to another table by the view. We were told it was reserved. Well, we also reserved and I indicated it was for two birthdays. I expected my reservation tabel would have been special from the get go. Overall, the food and expereince was great!Special Features:
- Top Notch Steakhouse...RobertRDined on 7/18/2014No doubt Daniel's food and service are typical of a top notch steakhouse - no complaints about anything they delivered, just wondering to myself if it is worth it in comparison to the next tier down... e.g. The Keg. Great meal, good view... but at a cost. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Two overcooked steaksBearVIPDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I went to Daniel's while in Seattle. She ordered the smaller filet, which came just as she ordered it. I ordered the delmonico. The server had me cut into it to see that it was medium rare, as ordered. The server and I both looked at it with her flashlight and agreed that it was done quite beyond medium. She immediately took it back for a second one, a minor inconvenience since that left my wife eating alone. When the second steak came out, we went through the same ritual, with the same results - overdone. I agreed to eat it and the restaurant comped me for my steak. The meat had great potential, but was a bit dry and greatly lacking in the flavor I enjoy. Major disappointment.Special Features:
- nice sunday dinnerjloooDined on 7/13/2014Went for a nice Sunday dinner and the service was extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Had a great time with relatives and friends enjoying good food, good wine and conversation. Ambiance and view contributed for a memorable dinner. mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian). HaroldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakPDCDDined on 7/12/2014Wow, this might have been the best steak I ever had!!! Beautiful view, great service. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningZcoupleDined on 7/12/2014We had an absolutely wonderful evening celebrating a wedding anniversary at Daniels! The food,service, ambiance...everything was first class! Michelle our server was outstanding and made the evening extra special for us! Would recommend if you're looking for a great meal, a special event, or want to be pampered with outstanding service!Special Features:
- Daniel's Broiler Lake UnionPepperDeeDined on 7/11/2014I was recently in Seattle for a conference and booked several restaurants to dine at with friends while I was there. Daniels was outstanding in all aspects. The Sommelier, Tyler was amazing, knew his wines and entertained us with his suggestions (which were all so good). He introduced us to "Washington Wines" that he was obviously proud to serve (AMAZING). The food is typical steakhouse at its best. I had steak and my husband had fish, all prepared wonderfully. The sides were just what I would have expected and were fresh and tasty. Kelly, our waiter was also a great guy, ever present without being intrusive (way to go Kelly). The views our the marina were spectacular.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceGaryDined on 7/10/2014We were celebrating a 50th birthday at Daniel's and everything was outstanding. The food, service, and location were all top notch. I highly recommend Daniel's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect anniversary dinner!WendyDined on 7/8/2014It was our 36th anniversary and we went to Daniel's Broiler to celebrate with a gift card your children gave us for our 30th anniversary! Dinner was great! Everyone was friendly, our booth had a lovely view of the marina and our waiter, Eric was very attentive. We had the 12oz prime rib, which was cooked perfectly, medium-rare. We would go back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 07/07/14MorganDined on 7/7/2014It was good although service just a little bit slow, or just making sure food is cooked to perfection ......:-)Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJulikinsDined on 7/6/2014The staff is very friendly and gave great service with attention to detail. Would not recommend dinner outside. The wait staff seemed to be more geared toward happy hour guests. Not as personal on the dec as it is inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!Steaks4lifeDined on 7/5/2014I have been wanting to go to here for a long time but had a chance, let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait. The staff was great and the food was off the charts. I have never had a steak quite like my filet, cooked to perfection. We came here for our anniversary and you can bet we will be back again next year. It was a little pricy, but you get what you pay for and more. Worth every penny. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a perfect nightLadyA85Dined on 7/4/2014this was my 1st time in Seattle at Daniels Broiler for the 4th of July celebrate my birthday also to look at the fireworks on the water It was just gorgeous. Services was excellent, i booked this at least 5 months in advance and asked for an window view to see the fireworks and that was what i got. I want to thank the restaurant for the lovely experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1329 reviews are from the Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews archive.
- PNCGuestsVIPDined on 6/30/2014Out of town business executives raved about the dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great Spot for CelebratingAnnCoDined on 6/28/2014My Fiancé and I got a gift card here from a friend so we could celebrate our engagement. Though we got engaged almost 6 months ago, we decided to have a date night as re-celebrate, just the two of us. Our server was Stacey(short blonde hair). She was awesome! She made our night very special and very attended to, even though she had a few large parties. She also had great help with other staff, it seemed as though everyone was working as a team, which is always refreshing to see. Though the items on the menu are priced high, it is totally worth it. My filet was perfection and his rib eye was too! We would come back and recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.