1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 N. Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
1515 Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515wc.com/
- Phone: 9259391515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Wence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full scope of catering and banquet services. Please inquire with our Special Event and banquet cordinator.
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursdays! Check our Facebook Page for details, and upcoming performances.
A word from 1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 Restaurant & Lounge voted Best of the East Bay three years running by the Diablo magazine, 1515 offers innovative and eclectic Californian Cuisine. Our wonderful menu includes fresh salads, seafood, steaks, pastas, and chicken dishes. Our fun tasty cocktails, are accompanied by an extensive wine list. We have selections for any kind of appetite with both small, and large plates. Serving lunch, and dinner daily with mouth watering dessert menu. Enjoy the weather with our outdoor patio, or cozy up with your sweetheart at our chic up and downstairs bar, lounges, and dining rooms. Private banquet facilities available, reserve your party now.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1515 Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (12)hot spot (10)romantic (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Nice place to dine.TurkeyDayDinerDined on 8/20/2013Food was good - started with mussels; they were small but tasty; ordered extra bread to soak up the broth. Main course was sea bass special with grilled squash & polenta, and partner had wild salmon and asparagus from the menu. Both fish tasted fresh. The sea bass was the best I've tasted in a long time, bass had a slightly crunchy crust and was flaky without being over cooked. The squash was slightly soft in the middle but still had a crunch, and the polenta was cooked slightly creamy and slightly chewy, just how I like it. Desert: berry cobbler; berries were tart and blended with the sweet crust; wish they had oats and nuts in the crust. Had a rich cup of coffee but could not find the sever to get a refill. Will return to 1515.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, attentive andAngeliqueDined on 8/7/2013Great service, attentive and helpful. Excellent food,acceptable portions. Not a lush upscale experience in terms of ambiance, but food and service trump upholstery and decor every time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AmySDined on 8/5/2013The food was great, service was excellent, thanks Luke! A bit noisy, but overall a good experience for the 6 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIT-N-MISS FOOD & SERVICELuv2EatVIPDined on 8/2/2013I've been to this location on several occasions. Service has been average with considerable wait times on busy nights. Also the quality and presentation of the food has declined or it could be that we've been accustomed to the selection. Overall, I would say avoid seating upstairs, as it lacks ambiance, even though it is extremely loud downstairs on a busy night.
- New dining experienceThumpyC23Dined on 7/27/2013First time diner at 1515 Restaurant and lounge and can honestly say the food and wine were amazing! I ordered a Malbec to start with and had the Seared Sea Bass. All was amazing and well worth the price! The Waitresses were very attentive which I highly appreciate. Noise level a little to be desired (lounge). Next time maybe a seat downstairs or outside :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2013I came into town on business and this was recommended by the hotel. The lamb chops were outstanding. Melanie was most accommodating at the bar. Nice outdoor dining spot. I would like to dine here again, however, this is a great dinning town with many more places to try.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceChevGirlDined on 7/22/2013I have been to 1515 once before, and that experience was good. This time however, we arrived at the restaurant within 5 minutes of the reservation time. We were the second party to arrive during the lunch hour. There were two people sitting at a table outside, and no one sitting inside. We ordered our appetizer's with our drinks, and shortly after bread sticks were brought out. The appetizers came in a mostly timely manner, however, when it came to the entree, we waited exactly an hour before we complained about the food not arriving. The waitress was nice, but in all the times she walked past our table, she never apologized for our extremely long wait. It was lunch time, and we were late getting back to work.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013My first time at 1515 was for lunch. I had the portabella mushroom sandwich which was great. This time was for brunch and the Santa Fe chicken salad had a wonderful dressing I really enjoyed. My friend thought the prime fillet eggs benedict was very good. The meat was tender and done to a T. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. The apple crisp tart was a little to sweet for my friend but she thought it was good. My tiramisu was at least an 8 out of 10. The atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoors!KathleenMDined on 7/17/2013Love the large patio- great for the warm summer nights! Great service & food- tuna tartar was amazing.Special Features:
- Below ExpectationsLove2EatDined on 7/14/2013The service was very slow although we were the only table in the main room. The attention was devoted to the outside diners. The food was good. The scampi appetizer was great, and our steaks were cooked to specifications. We were unable to enjoy desert because it was too slow in coming. It took too long to finish paying the bill. We were annoyed by the time we left the restaurant. The décor is minimal and not inviting.Special Features:
- Best margarita!BrigitteDined on 7/14/2013Their Modern Margarita may be the best one I have ever had. All fresh ingredients in a TALL glass. The food was amazing - fresh high end ingredients all working together to create just an amazing meal.Special Features:
- good but overpricedrobinVIPDined on 7/11/2013The soups are especially good here and they have really flavorful small plates. But even without drinks it was $20 + for just small plates and soup.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicePaulDined on 7/11/2013The food there is good. I had the jumbalaya. Nice and spicy and with shrimp and sausages. My date had the salmon which was cooked perfectly. The service there is excellent and overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Day old ?1stardinerVIPDined on 7/8/2013$15.15 special of the day prime rib was terrible. Tasted like day old prime rib. Meat was tough too. Cesar salad wasn't too bad but the baked Parmesan cheese included was soggy... Another day old item? However, happy hour Oysters and drinks were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013Went on a date here and we both agreed that the food was fantastic and it was a good spot to bring a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic lunch optionsUniqueDined on 6/13/2013Wonderful lunch options with lovely salads but plenty of other options as well. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013Great food and ampioncw. Love the Crab tower. Great place foe happy hour.Special Features:
- Evening SpecialPatdinesVIPDined on 6/8/2013Waiter told about their special....sounded good. He did not mention price $42.50 which was most expensive item on menu. I was with a woman I'd just met and didn't want to ask. I ordered it.........way to much food. 12 ounces rib eye + dessert. It would be nice if he'd mentioned priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not that good. ILovetoeatVIPDined on 6/4/2013Food was not that good. I ordered the fish tacos. The presentation wa ms awesome but the food had no taste. I went there starving and left hungry. For what we paid I felt the food should've been way better.Special Features:
- Good food, but......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013When we arrived we asked for an outdoor table and they said there were none available, even though we could see empty tables on the patio. We were then seated in a very cramped table kind of in a corner. For the most part the wait staff was attentive, but they didn't bring the bill very quickly after we asked for it and told them we had theatre tickets. I had also listed that on the reservation form when I made he Open Table reservation online. It seems to be a spot for a young vibrant crowd, but we felt that as two older women were overlooked and not given a very nice table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2013We invited my son and his wife to join us for my birthday dinner. We truly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. They are from "Foodie Heaven"- Seattle and they were very impressedSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedMattDined on 5/24/2013This last time to 1515 we were very pleased with what we ordered and our waitress was superb. We had the bruschetta and also filet wrapped in bacon. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a wee bit noisey (weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2013It was a wee bit noisey (we ate inside towards the back) Otherwise evrything was great. I can't wait to go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice meal here. NothingBaddkahrmaDined on 5/18/2013Had a nice meal here. Nothing mind blowing, but the food was well executed and the menu was pretty interesting. Friendly knowledgeable service, both at the bar and our table.
- Love the Monday specials!StuffedVIPDined on 5/13/2013We always come for the Monday prime rib deal and oysters and sit on the patio. Service is very friendly, but can be a little slow at times depending on how many people are there for happy hour drinks. I definitely tell others to come on Monday before 6p for a great deal on dinner and drinks in Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a really nice dinner-theFoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2013Had a really nice dinner-the sea bass was very flavorful and large enough to share. It was very warm outside so we went indoors which was comfortable and quieter. Recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great EveningnonnieDined on 5/11/2013Took my Granddaughter out for her 13th birthday dinner. She enjoyed her meal very much and so did I. The service was very good and the server was very helpful. HAD A GREAT TIME.Special Features:
- SPECIALOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013We had one of the best dinner experiences we've had in a LONG time!!! A very comfortable environment and EXCELLENT food, ambiance and service!!! Can't say enough about how good this was!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday Dinner DelightJayMVIPDined on 5/5/2013Small event in the neighborhood got out early, assumed it would be later so had a big lunch. Arrived at 1515 quite early for our reservation, no problem. Had a LOVELY crab chowder and some appetizers as a small plate dinner. Calamari was delicate and well prepared, bruschetta was VERY pretty, only regret that we were full and had to leave a piece behind.. Lovely time with very prompt service and very pretty presentations. On our list for a next Walnut Creek visit!Special Features:
- very pleasedluv2dineDined on 5/4/2013It was my husband and I anniversary and I can say we enjoyed our experience at 1515. The food and service was great! We will come back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; average foodoaklandeaterVIPDined on 4/26/2013Our server (whose name I can't recall unfortunately - we were at an outside table by the folding window-door near indoor seating area on Fri, 4/26, 5:30pm res.) was GREAT! You only had big plates that night and we ordered a bunch of happy hour dishes for our dinner, plus lots of drinks. She was so accommodating and never made us feel less than b/c we were ordering off the HH menu. She even put a table next to ours to give us more surface area till the other guests arrived. (Even though I made a res and specified outdoor seating, our table was crammed and tiny and barely outdoor -- that was not a good feeling.) Food was fair; tacos need work (steak very low-quality cut) but scallops were nice. Server made the experience for sure.Special Features:
- It was out first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013It was out first time there and the dining experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- went there during RestaurantMuncherVIPDined on 4/18/2013went there during Restaurant Week. Good food value, good food, good service & vibrant bar scene.Special Features:
- The tomato-basil soup wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013The tomato-basil soup was so salty that is was not palatable. I took 2-3 small spoonsful and gave up on it. The tomatoes in the caprese salad were tasteless and not in the least bit ripe. I asked before ordering the salad if the tomatoes were fresh and ripe; I was told "absolutely!" The crabcakes were very good.
- Ate here for dinner; crabOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/16/2013Ate here for dinner; crab cakes, jalapeno potato gratin, and rainbow trout were delicious. Service was very quick. The rainbow trout had a few bones in it, but that can happen with trout. Would recommend and will eat here again.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013This was our second visit to 1515 and it certainly won't be the last. My thanks to the staff for making our wedding anniversary dinner a special one. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was excellent. An extra shout out to our waiter, the young man from Hawaii who's name I'm failing to recall. He was very friendly and very helpful - thanks!!!Special Features:
- Good Service and Ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013The food was the only disappointing part. Maybe cause it was Restaurant Week and there menu wasn't what it normally would be. My Steak was very tough and not flavorful. My wife had the Jambalaya and said it was OK.Special Features:
- You HAVE to try the Tuna Tar Tar!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2013Lunch with a friend after church and before some shopping on a beautiful Sunday afternoon... everything was great. It was hard to decide what to order! I would HIGHLY recommend the Tuna Tar Tar -- it was AMAZING! I'll be back again just for that. :-) My friend had the tomato basil soup and said it was one of the best she's had. We didn't have one dish that wasn't excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013We had tickets for a 2pm matinee at the Lesher Center for Arts so we had lunch at 1515 Main before the play. It was a 5 minute walk from the Lesher parking structure to the restaurant. Our group of four sat outside. The busboy put up an umbrella to block the sun, it was very nice outside. My father and I ordered the Chicken Portabella sandwich, one with Sweet Potato fries, one with onion rings, we both found it delicious. My Husband and mother ordered salads, both were pleased as well. The only snag in the trip was that the Iced Tea machine was down so it took a while to get drinks. Also, the waitress forgot to tell us about the $5 Mimosas and Bloody Mary's available on Sundays. We had finished our meal and just happened to overhear a waitSpecial Features:
- I ordered a steak. It wasPhilVIPDined on 4/6/2013I ordered a steak. It was overlooked, but they fixed it immediately. Excellent food and service.Special Features: