1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 N. Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
1515 Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515wc.com/
- Phone: 9259391515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Wence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full scope of catering and banquet services. Please inquire with our Special Event and banquet cordinator.
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursdays! Check our Facebook Page for details, and upcoming performances.
A word from 1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 Restaurant & Lounge voted Best of the East Bay three years running by the Diablo magazine, 1515 offers innovative and eclectic Californian Cuisine. Our wonderful menu includes fresh salads, seafood, steaks, pastas, and chicken dishes. Our fun tasty cocktails, are accompanied by an extensive wine list. We have selections for any kind of appetite with both small, and large plates. Serving lunch, and dinner daily with mouth watering dessert menu. Enjoy the weather with our outdoor patio, or cozy up with your sweetheart at our chic up and downstairs bar, lounges, and dining rooms. Private banquet facilities available, reserve your party now.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1515 Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)great for lunch (12)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Really enjoyed our first time to this restaurant. The food was very good, and the presentation was excellent. Our attentive server made this a dining experience I look forward to repeating.Special Features:
- Good time at a fun restaurantRoblDined on 3/14/2014The service was impeccable. We started with the oyster sampler and it was fresh and fantastic. For our main we had sea bass and the special which was halibut both were fantastic. The service was perfect at your shoulder whenever you needed something. I will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite good, not outstandingdatenightVIPDined on 3/14/2014The cocktails are good, but there have been no changes in the menu in years. We often order small plates, and the gnocchi, a tuna tartare are quite good. The caprese and crab cakes are good too. The shrimp scampi is also good, but unusual. The seared halibut was fresh and good, and the accompanying sides of chard and couscous are fine but not 'interesting'. This place is consistently good, but could stand to experiment with variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were two ladies out forMimiVIPDined on 3/13/2014We were two ladies out for lunch and this was perfect. It was a beautiful day and we ate on the patio. Food was light but satisfying and the service very good. Recommend it for sure and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food presentations andCarlVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great Food presentations and Great Service to match, we have been here several times and each time a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was original andBobFDined on 2/21/2014The food was original and perfectly prepared. We had the Swordfish special which started off with a delicious lobster soup. The swordfish was accomapnied by mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe in a excellent sauce. The sauce was complex with butter, capers and tomatoes. It complimented the fish was was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, BIG small plateportionsMomoDined on 2/21/2014The Small plates of ribs was 4 HUGE delicious ribs, more like a normal entree serving....a great deal. The crab stack was delicious. Arugula salad nice, but nothing special. The Gnocchi in pesto was outstanding, again a very large serving for a "small plate. " We were seated in the table immediately in front of the kitchen, so my view was constantly of the open kitchen door and the clean, efficient but not- that -attractive kitchen. Noise level in the dining room is off the scale. This is a great meeting place in the bar for the 30-35 crowd, but the bar noise filters into the dining room to the point you have to really yell to be heard by tablemates. Great place for pre-Lesher dinner! Ask for an outdoor table if the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodtrieditonceDined on 2/16/2014We arrived at happy hour. It wasn't made clear if the happy hour menu was different than the main dinning menu. The happy hour menu for food was limited, but liquor was over the top. We order the squid and it was like rubber. The six tacos beef or chicken was cold and not inviting to eat. My guest had the coconut shrimp that she enjoyed and another guest enjoyed the burger.Special Features:
- Good time there with friendsKievfriscoDined on 2/15/2014We met with another couple for the after Valentine's day get together. We had a good time with nice service, we were lucky to be sited on the second floor where was minimum noise in the beginning of the evening, before private party started. The service and food and drinks were good. A good point was that restaurant was taking Passport card, but they are going to stop it from March 1st. Overage experience was good. ThanksSpecial Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Great food and service. Very quiet for a Saturday lunch but it was the day after Valentines so I'm sure most people had gone out the previous night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walnut Creek - Delicious FoodJordanDined on 2/13/2014Never really been to Walnut Creek and was meeting a friend who is in town for work...found this place and glad I did. Delicious fish. We all got the special which was fantastic. Great service. Delicious flavors and combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thrilledneanDined on 2/13/2014Our server Louis, was excellent.He knew the menu and wines well and was able to make great suggestions. My husband had the pork chop. It was the most favorable we had ever tried and the sauce was incredible. He finished off with an equally fabulously white chocolate cheesecake with raspberries. I was thrilled with my choice of jambalaya. The dessert I had , which I am still craving was the salted camel drizzled,Apple bread pudding, with.vanilla ice cream. It was amazing. We took our time to enjoy the meal and left more than satisfied. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014The happy hour here was great! Lots of food options and nightly drink specials. Beautiful outdoor patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would add to the recommendationsMabrapoDined on 1/23/2014I would add to the recommendations also the innovative menu and the presentation of the plates which is very accurate. Don't forget, first you eat with your eyes.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad food, overpricedKristinVIPDined on 1/8/2014I had to send back my appetizer (caprese) because the balsalmic was bitter and the mozzarella was low quality. The replacement they sent was bruschetta, which wasn't much better. They used grape tomatoes, sliced in half, and there was no garlic. They used pesto sauce instead, which tasted like it came from a jar. Their prices were expensive, but the quality of the food was poor. I will not be back.
- Had a very nice lunchBillDined on 1/3/2014We arrived rather late at the restaurant (2 pm on the Friday after New Year's) and it was not at all busy. But we had a very attentive server who was quite helpful. The food was quite nice, the portions rather large in fact. I had to take half of my sandwich home with me. My friends had wine and the list seemed quite respectable. This is a very attractive restaurant, but it seems that the bar scene is the more popular part (at least at that hour) as there were a number of folks in the bar having cocktails and appetizers. I believe there is also an upstairs but that was not open in the afternoon. Overall, a nice dining experience and an easy to find location in downtown Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurant-good choice anytimshellyDined on 1/2/2014I had the tuna tar tar and grilled Artichoke both were to die for good. The wine was great. We split the whit chocolate cheese cake which was decadent and delicious. My one bite became 1/3 of the slice. I enjoyed the bread sticks and dipping sauces. I did think the good took longer then it should to come Out but it did not take away from The overall experience. I will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not expecting to haveMooseDanDined on 12/31/2013We were not expecting to have a pre fixed menu. We confirmed that two times before coming to the restaurant and were very surprised to find a pre fixed menu. You should be more up front with your menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service was terrible NYE.NanygoatDined on 12/31/2013Bar service was terrible NYE. It might have Been a busy night. We kept asking for a Waiter and no one came. We finally sent Simone To the bar. We got some one to take our order It took 30 min to get a drink. But the rest of the Night was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; excellentFinedine1Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent food; excellent presentation , excellently taste . Service ; one of the worst I have seen Waitresses and hostesses huge attitude and snobby . Asked a waitress to change my salad due to allergy to Feta cheese She asked me to wait till she finishes her tab on the computer They sat us right next to the cash register Clicking sound of touch screen with long nails Bad experience all night longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food for all OcassionsSherDined on 12/31/2013We recommend the truffle mac & cheese, gnocchi, pizza, arugula salad, dinner scampi & the melted chocolate cookie! Such great flavors! All food from apps to entrees to deserts are wonderful! They offer a great selection of drinks and fine wine. No matter what you order you can't go wrong! EVERYTHING IS AMAZING! Servers are professional .. Yet friendly. Nice to sit outside! We just ate New Years Eve dinner there. It was a 5 course meal. Cost was $75.00 per person. If you enjoy fine dining, great service, amazing food & fine wine this is well worth the money! Sorbet with wine, appitizers, salad, entree which I had surf & turf! It was delicious!! Followed by the best desserts!! AS ALWAYS, we enjoyed our 1515 dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I met a friend for lunch duringBabsDined on 12/27/2013I met a friend for lunch during the holidays, and we were delighted with the restaurant. Lots of salad choices for ladies who lunch lightly, and everything was absolutely delicious. Although the restaurant had lots of diners, there was no problem hearing each other or having to shout over the din. Love the breadsticks, hummus, and dip that were immediately placed on the table before we ordered. We felt welcomed and well taken care of, and definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super All Around!SunnySandyVIPDined on 12/11/2013We had an excellent dinner with the best service ever! Sure to return! We ordered from both the regular dinner menu and the lounge menu which made all of us very happy. Our waitress could have not been more helpful or delightful. We enjoyed her very much! She made our dining experience special and it was a special night with a birthday "girl" at our table!Special Features:
- Tahoe JoeTahoeJoeDined on 12/11/2013Excellent business dinner, staff was very attentive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food/lots of noiseClarkieDined on 11/23/2013My dinner was really tasty...but the others in the group tended not to enjoy theirs to the same degree. Unfortunately, the noise level was high (we are in our 60s) making it tiring to converse and hear every word.Special Features:
- Great overallBeahmDesignsDined on 11/22/2013The menu at 1515 is great, the service is fast and courteous and the location is great. The wine and drink menu is also very good. The seating downstairs is not as ideal as upstairs but that is a minor issue. The food is top notch and we'll be back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time. Food was OK,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/3/2013Second time. Food was OK, but not sure if I would order dinner again. I think the starters are probably the way to go.
- Never DisappointsBrooklyndonnDined on 11/1/2013My fiance and I came across 1515 about a year ago (2012) and each time we return the food and service is always great. She is a vegetarian and she often goes off the menu. They are always accommodating and never give her/us a hard time. They happily put together veggie dishes along side orders without hesitation. As for me, I have tried several of their main courses; the lamb chops are amazing! A must try.Special Features:
- Visitor to Walnut CreekJTJWDined on 10/30/2013Picked this restaurant from out of a hat not knowing where to go. Was meeting my sister from Sacramento . The dining area is well lit. Servers attentive. Menu a little limited but there is something I think for every taste or need. My sister had the Shrimp Louie and I had the Jambalaya (the server also recommended the steak sandwich). The jambalaya was tasty and good portion albeit a little more bite to it than I wanted. A serving of four good size prawns came separately. The pasta was just right and the chicken tender. Yum. My sister said the Louie was ok. Had balsamic. Yuck We split an apple/blueberry cobbler which was delicious. I'd definitely give the place another try if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Mealfood4thoughtDined on 10/26/2013I was lucky enough to dine at 1515 with a couple of good friends for my birthday. To say that the food and beverages were wonderful is a huge understatement. We started with the Grilled Artichoke and Bruschetta apps. I could have had either of these as my main course! Yum! I then enjoyed every bite of my Arugula Salad with the Honey Vinagarette. Entree wise, being not very hungry following the apps and salad, I split the Small Plate Gnocchi with the pesto. My other friend had the special Bacon Wrapped Filet. Oh, how divine! The entire meal was amazing and I was saddened by the fact that I was simply too full to try the Tiramisu. We all enjoyed the Mango Mojito and the Cucumber Margaritas... Thank you, 1515! We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisyHappyVIPDined on 10/18/2013While I would expect the bar area to be lous - we found we had to shout across the talbe to hear each other. Not the way we want to enjoy our meal. The food was ok. Will give it another try at lunch time.Special Features:
- Great MenukrehVIPDined on 9/28/2013Amazingly, 1515 has been one of the better kept secrets in that it has had maybe the best menu in Walnut Creek. This visit we found the food okay but not up to previous visits. Perhaps an off day for the restaurant - every restaurant has one occasionally.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walnut Creek 1515 DiningSar4MayDined on 9/27/2013Our waiter was exceptional, he suggested all we for us and we really enjoyed the popular Sea Bass entree and Sea Bass special, which is not on the menu, as well. The Tomato Basil was just as great and so was the Tiramisu and Strawberry Gimlet. We would definitely dine at the 1515 again to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough personnel to servedumaDined on 9/22/2013Not enough personnel to serve clients, when big groups are present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tomato basil soup is outstandinMamacDined on 9/20/2013The tomato basil soup is outstanding, as is the shrimp appetizer. The mixed seafood grill was done perfectly. The scallops were cloyingly sweet, with the habanero hard to detect. The Caesar salad was old, but when the wait staff and manager found out they apologized and took it off my tab. A couple of excellent finds on the wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent meals at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/19/20131515 is in a good location and has a great bar area. If you're looking for an upscale bar in WC this is a great place to hang out, but I can't say much for the food. The Caprice salad was good. Nice heirloom tomatoes, large basil leaves and beautiful mozzarella cheese. The french onion soup was pretty good, but was ruined by two slices of cheap cheese they'd slapped on top. My wife ordered the lamb which was good, but they were small pieces with lots of fat, drenched in a sauce that was, in my opinion, too sweet. I ordered the Filet, which was cooked perfectly, but had little flavor of its own. Both meals came with veggies that could have used a but more time cooking, I understand al dente, but they missed the mark. Dinner for 2 - $120
- Nice Menu, Great PreparationTable4twoDined on 9/14/2013Four people out for a pre-theatre dinner. Cocktails were creative and were prepared to our liking. Menu offered several choices suiting our tastes. Food was excellently prepared and also excellently presented. Waiter was almost attentive. Would go here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and a good value, but LOUD!BelgoVIPDined on 9/13/2013This place has good food at a fair price. The service is also usually quite good. But, Lord is the place loud. They leave the door between the restaurant and the bar open, and everyone is shouting. Amazingly, the outside/sidewalk tables are just as loud, as people crowd out of the place onto the sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed despite the noise levelGailDined on 9/11/2013Really like this restaurant but the noise level is such that one almost has to yell to be able to be heard by others in the same party. However, food and service is good and if seated outside, noise is not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013Went yesterday for a friend's birthday, amazing food, sea bass with risotto was just wonderful. Makayla our server was busy but tried her best to provide good service. It was my third trip to 1515 and I was happy to have gone.Special Features: